PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable threads?

Lord Shiva
October 24th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I'm very confused on what is considered an 'acceptable' thread these days... so "I want more Naked Greer!" is on page 3 while I post a thread about how I feel emotionally invested in the show, and how I'm brought to tears watching how beautiful it was to see the starship flying through the heart of a sun?

...and my thread is deleted? Can I get rules on what is an acceptable thread because I'm confused.

Coronach
October 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I'm very confused on what is considered an 'acceptable' thread these days... so "I want more Naked Greer!" is on page 3 while I post a thread about how I feel emotionally invested in the show, and how I'm brought to tears watching how beautiful it was to see the starship flying through the heart of a sun?

...and my thread is deleted? Can I get rules on what is an acceptable thread because I'm confused.

Are you sure your thread was deleted and not just moved? Because anything dealing with reactions to SGU or specific episodes almost always get moved to episode discussion/review threads.

Otherwise, I have no idea...but it wouldn't be because your thread was "unacceptable". There's nothing wrong with saying you really love it so far :S

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM
It's not the end of the world, i'm sure there was a reason for your thread being deleted, why don't you just ask one of the mods instead of getting annoyed and posting stuff that isnt relevant.

Coronach
October 24th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Indeed, I answered my own question when I viewed your posting history. Your post is here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=10740480&postcount=208), and your thread was moved to here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69374).

Hope that helps :)

Myles
October 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM
You're post was merged into the General Discussion thread. You can look at your post history and see it wasn't deleted.

Edit - Ninja'd by Coronach who even provided links

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yup - Coronach showed us all up here with speed.

PacoJr67
October 24th, 2009, 10:21 AM
it wasn't deleted. it was just merged into the thread about the ep

it's here
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=10740480&postcount=208

Coronach
October 24th, 2009, 10:23 AM
What can I say? :rolleyes: In my spare time, I participate in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtR2m20C2YM).

jelgate
October 24th, 2009, 10:33 AM

Its very simple. That thread was nothing more then your personal stance on an episode and really is not different then the general disscussion thus why it was merged. The naked Greer thread is a disscussion of a particular scene in Light which is why is was allowed

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Had to give you some green for that.

Major Tyler
October 24th, 2009, 10:49 AM

...and my thread is deleted? Can I get rules on what is an acceptable thread because I'm confused.If there can be a thread about James' boobs, there can be a thread about naked Greer.

Coronach
October 24th, 2009, 10:50 AM
If there can be a thread about James' boobs, there can be a thread about naked Greer.

Do you think I can create a thread about Thor's mysteriously-alluring, almond-shaped eyes? :rolleyes:

Major Tyler
October 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Do you think I can create a thread about Thor's mysteriously-alluring, almond-shaped eyes? :rolleyes:Whatever floats your boat...

jelgate
October 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Do you think I can create a thread about Thor's mysteriously-alluring, almond-shaped eyes? :rolleyes:

Someone beat you too it...years ago.

Coronach
October 24th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Someone beat you too it...years ago.

I'm crushed right now...

Oh well, I guess I can settle for a Dr. Rush/Thor pairing ;)

reddevil18
October 24th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I'm crushed right now...

Oh well, I guess I can settle for a Dr. Rush/Thor pairing ;)But...Thor's dead. That's just nasty...

Coronach
October 24th, 2009, 11:30 AM
But...Thor's dead. That's just nasty...

Not with a time machine, he's not ;)

reddevil18
October 24th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Not with a time machine, he's not ;)
You're angling for a Dr. Who threesome, aren't you? :rolleyes:

Coronach
October 24th, 2009, 11:35 AM
You're angling for a Dr. Who threesome, aren't you? :rolleyes:

No...but I think we can get some sort of crossover where Jean-Luc Picard and Elrond come into the picture.

Sadly, I guarantee that this is not the weirdest fanfic idea out there :S

reddevil18
October 24th, 2009, 11:37 AM
No...but I think we can get some sort of crossover where Jean-Luc Picard and Elrond come into the picture.

Sadly, I guarantee that this is not the weirdest fanfic idea out there :SIndeed.
http://www.cracked.com/article_16554_5-most-baffling-sex-scenes-in-history-fanfiction.html

Coronach
October 24th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Indeed.
http://www.cracked.com/article_16554_5-most-baffling-sex-scenes-in-history-fanfiction.html

In interest of full disclosure, that article is obviously where I got the Jean-Luc Picard and Elrond thing from ;)

reddevil18
October 24th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I know. I just wanted you to admit it...while secretly hoping you were the author of the slash fic...

Lord Shiva
October 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Ok, thanks guys.