PDA

View Full Version : Continuity in Episodes

zorviny
October 24th, 2009, 10:04 AM
A thank you to the SG production team for keeping the Sunburn on the characters its nice to see the continuity between episodes!

I know on lost they take pictures and document each cut / bruise / scar so that in makeup they can make them look like they did in previous episodes. Its cool to see the healing process of the wounds etc. It helps when doing flashbacks too as they look more like their previous selves!

PacoJr67
October 24th, 2009, 10:07 AM
agreed. they seem to be doing a great job so far.

KEK
October 24th, 2009, 10:07 AM
According to John Scalzi they're also keeping an ammo count too for all rounds used.

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 10:13 AM
It's good to see this kind of continuity, after the episode on the desert planet i thought that the tan would have faded by this episode but it is good to see that they are still keeping on with the makeup.

KEK
October 24th, 2009, 10:15 AM
It's good to see this kind of continuity, after the episode on the desert planet i thought that the tan would have faded by this episode but it is good to see that they are still keeping on with the makeup.

In relation to this episode, the desert episode was 'yesterday'.

Squires
October 24th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Agreed. Back in star trek voyager I hated how it seemed like they pressed the reset button after each episode.

BeccaBeez
October 24th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I'm pleased they have kept the makeup/injuries consistent.

However, did you see that Chloe had two new outfits in Light? What-- did she bring her suitcase through in the rush to leave Icarus?

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I didnt notice the chloe outfits, will have to rewatch, the continuity so far has been good, i expected Young to be fit and healthy by the end of Air.

zorviny
October 24th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Lol yeah hopefully we don't see too many more new outfits from Chloe or we'll start thinking their is a mall somewhere on board.

talyn2k1
October 24th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Also, did I see an iPod dock in Rush's quarters?

Not exactly crucial to their survival!

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 11:08 AM

It could be crucial to their survival if it's the only things that relaxes rush.

Pepermint Jaffa
October 24th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Agreed. Back in star trek voyager I hated how it seemed like they pressed the reset button after each episode.

As much as I loved them, SGA and SG-1 were often the same way. A character gets shot in one episode, and they're perfectly healthy the next. It's fine; it just means that the next episode was months later, but I do like shows like this the build off one another.

I loved that they still have sunburns. I love that Greer's uniform has had the same blood stains since the pilot. Heck, I love that they're in the same clothes. They mentioned last episode about people going through caffeine and nicotine withdrawal. Kudos to TPTB for paying attention to this stuff.

Otarush
October 24th, 2009, 12:27 PM
It could be crucial to their survival if it's the only things that relaxes rush.

LOL! But why would an iPod dock be in one of those crates? I mean, that is how all their stuff got on the ship, right? I guess Rush plans ahead, kinda like I always have something to doodle on in the car.

Ekras
October 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
In relation to this episode, the desert episode was 'yesterday'.

Actually 2 days ago by the end of the episode - In Darkness they mentioned Greer and Scott as "The Heros of Yesterday" - They also mentioned that whats-his-name was one day shy of his birthday. In Light they were told "it's past midnight" and whats-his-names birthday.

Just pointing it out :)

On to the main point of posting though, I am also really glad they are keeping things consistent. So far we have the Tan, Youngs limp, the clothing the characters are wearing (with the possible exception of Chloe who I could have sworn was wearing a dress in the earlier episodes until her shower scene), etc. Hopefully this will continue.

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 01:27 PM
LOL! But why would an iPod dock be in one of those crates? I mean, that is how all their stuff got on the ship, right? I guess Rush plans ahead, kinda like I always have something to doodle on in the car.
Obviously Rush was prepared for all eventualities including boredom so he packed his book and his ipod dock.

Alder
October 24th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Obviously Rush was prepared for all eventualities including boredom so he packed his book and his ipod dock.
I'm just disappointed he took a single paperback and not an ebook. Bad geek!

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I'm just disappointed he took a single paperback and not an ebook. Bad geek!
And such a terrible book at that.

KEK
October 24th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Actually 2 days ago by the end of the episode - In Darkness they mentioned Greer and Scott as "The Heros of Yesterday" - They also mentioned that whats-his-name was one day shy of his birthday. In Light they were told "it's past midnight" and whats-his-names birthday.

Just pointing it out :)

On to the main point of posting though, I am also really glad they are keeping things consistent. So far we have the Tan, Youngs limp, the clothing the characters are wearing (with the possible exception of Chloe who I could have sworn was wearing a dress in the earlier episodes until her shower scene), etc. Hopefully this will continue.

That doesn't make sense. How can yesterday be two days before?

Commander Zelix
October 24th, 2009, 02:05 PM

Many people brought whatever stuff that was in their baggages.

Ekras
October 24th, 2009, 02:20 PM
That doesn't make sense. How can yesterday be two days before?

Because when they said it the day before the episode ended. Midnight passed- its now the following day. So "Yesterday" is actually 2 days ago.

Avenger
October 24th, 2009, 03:13 PM
A thank you to the SG production team for keeping the Sunburn on the characters its nice to see the continuity between episodes!

I know on lost they take pictures and document each cut / bruise / scar so that in makeup they can make them look like they did in previous episodes. Its cool to see the healing process of the wounds etc. It helps when doing flashbacks too as they look more like their previous selves!

It's a very nice touch indeed, especially given that they are no more than a day or two removed from having been in the desert planet.

Karis
October 24th, 2009, 04:18 PM
You know, I really didnít notice this until somebody pointed it out. Now that somebody pointed it out however, I keep noticing it as I rewatch the episodes, and Iím really glad to see it. It makes the show seem more realistic and interesting. It also (in my opinion) shows that the writers are probably paying really close attention to those little details that make any show more realistic. ThoughÖ Iím now curious as to how many episodes it will take for the sunburns to vanish.

Dark lord me
October 24th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Well I think it may also have to do with the people actually getting some sunburn and having to put make up to keep it...
Anyways i'm glad they keep stuff goin gthrough episodes like I was half expecting the limp to be gone already and stuff like that

Pharaoh Atem
October 24th, 2009, 08:29 PM
agreed. they seem to be doing a great job so far.

it was done on bsg to perfection and i hope the sgu crew can do the same

jelgate
October 24th, 2009, 08:33 PM
it was done on bsg to perfection and i hope the sgu crew can do the same

No it wasn't

BSG was pretty good with continuity but they had thier problems as well.

Pharaoh Atem
October 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM
No it wasn't

BSG was pretty good with continuity but they had thier problems as well.

i was talking about injuries carrying over to eps but the stories just to cleaify

TheHomegaMan
October 24th, 2009, 08:37 PM

To be fair, he was in his quarters during the attack. Once he realized they were going to have to evacuate he likely grabbed what he could think of.

MattSilver 3k
October 24th, 2009, 08:45 PM
i was talking about injuries carrying over to eps but the stories just to cleaify

Yeah, like Boomer's little cheek wound and Starbuck's leg in season 1. Oh, and Helo's massive scar in the later episodes after the mutiny.

I love the little details. I really didn't expect TPTB to not have this kind of stuff considering they were going for the darker and grittier archetype. Here's hoping it continues, or that we'll get an estimate of time passed between episodes if, for example, Young starts walking around normally ("Hey, it's been three weeks since we nearly crashed into a star, and my ribs are healed enough now!" for example).

wargrafix
October 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM

Rush tripping off could well end their survival situation.

Cold Fuzz
October 24th, 2009, 09:27 PM
You know, I really didnít notice this until somebody pointed it out. Now that somebody pointed it out however, I keep noticing it as I rewatch the episodes, and Iím really glad to see it. It makes the show seem more realistic and interesting. It also (in my opinion) shows that the writers are probably paying really close attention to those little details that make any show more realistic. ThoughÖ Iím now curious as to how many episodes it will take for the sunburns to vanish.

The lobster look will persist for awhile, then giving way to weeks of massive peeling, and a tan that seems to take forever to fade away. That's what happens when you get severely sunburned in the desert. I speak from experience. :o

major davis
October 24th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah, they have had great extra continuity so far to.

PG15
October 24th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Don't forget the slings. Volker and Franklin continue to wear them.

Pharaoh Atem
October 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM

i've noticed that

Cold Fuzz
October 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM

Those two have got at least 9 weeks minimum of healing time in the show's chronology. They'll be wearing those slings for a lot of episodes yet. I'm betting that Patrick Gilmore probably can't handle the cards in the "fun people's lounge" left-handed as well he can right-handed--unless of course he's a lefty. ;)

TheHomegaMan
October 24th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Those two have got at least 9 weeks minimum of healing time in the show's chronology. They'll be wearing those slings for a lot of episodes yet. I'm betting that Patrick Gilmore probably can't handle the cards in the "fun people's lounge" left-handed as well he can right-handed--unless of course he's a lefty. ;)

Yikes. Just... yikes.

Cold Fuzz
October 25th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Yikes. Just... yikes.

:comeon: I really am talking about the deck of cards Volker was holding in the "fun people's lounge" (which I have come to call it). :D

creed462
October 25th, 2009, 09:40 PM
It is nice. It reminds you very little time has passed

GateroomGuard
October 25th, 2009, 10:03 PM

Wow. If time keeps progressing at the pace it's been going those two might be in those slings up until season 3.

GuHNDoi
October 25th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Yes, very well done with the continuity.

So a season of SGU would equal a month maybe? Just a guess, we'll see how they play out the rest of the season, time wise.

5 eps in, so how many hrs/days has it been so far?

Whirlwind421
October 25th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I think eventually the time will start going be faster. Or they are going to end up like the first three seasons of Lost. Only a couple mouths go by and the actors keep aging.

Encoder
October 26th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Certainly been keeping up a high standard!

For a true fan, this is definitely appreciated!

:sheppard:

reddevil18
October 26th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I brought up the whole tanning thing after Air 3 and I'm very glad to see that so far they're attentive to the continuity issues. I hope they can keep track of guns and ammo, especially once they start shooting alien monsters...

renboy
October 26th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I actually think that the sunburns could have been real... with them actually being in the sun for a long time there...
could that be true?

leanbarton
October 26th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I actually think that the sunburns could have been real... with them actually being in the sun for a long time there...
could that be true?

You can bet they slathered the actors in sunscreen, and shooting between New Mexico and Toronto may have even been backwards. So no, I doubt they're real sunburns.

renboy
October 26th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Oh well, admirable job on the makeup then!

The Prophet
October 26th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I think eventually the time will start going be faster. Or they are going to end up like the first three seasons of Lost. Only a couple mouths go by and the actors keep aging.

That was only applicable to Walt, the only child actor on the show. Seeing as all the actors are 20-30+, I doubt we'll see any recognisable change in their ages.

And, any gray hairs can be put down to stress anyway :P

Ziel
October 30th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I'm quite happy that they're keeping constient. About the Ammo thing; if SGU is about survival, and not enemies, they mightn't use too much ammo. If I remember coorrectly only 1 (-ish) bullets have been used.

The Mighty 6 platoon
October 30th, 2009, 04:28 AM
I'm quite happy that they're keeping constient. About the Ammo thing; if SGU is about survival, and not enemies, they mightn't use too much ammo. If I remember coorrectly only 1 (-ish) bullets have been used.

Copious shoting at things in future episodes has been hited at however...

Edi
October 30th, 2009, 08:03 AM
2 bullets, two...
One, the first, he missed intentionally to scare, notice. And the second ended up in that guys shoulder.

KEK
October 30th, 2009, 10:52 AM
2 bullets, two...
One, the first, he missed intentionally to scare, notice. And the second ended up in that guys shoulder.

And a magazine full in the soldier who got stranded's weapon.

IcarusAbides
October 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I forgot about the supplies he had, good shout.

Ziel
October 30th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Copious shoting at things in future episodes has been hited at however...
Hmmm!!!

2 bullets, two...
Bingo!! That sounds right.

Good catch!!!