PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Kino

MechaThor
October 24th, 2009, 03:46 AM
So Eli released a Kino in this episode as a "message in a bottle", detailing the crew, the ship and their situation.

Do you think that Kino will be brought up again in the future, since they made a big deal about it and even made a deal about how "no one will probably find it". We have seen in Air part 3 that the Destiny is potentially being tracked by an Alien race. Do you think its possible they might find the Kino, learn about us and see that the crew are helpless scientists?

Discuss...

TonyB1972
October 24th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Yeah, I think the kino is going to come back to haunt them.

MechaThor
October 24th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I think the kino is going to come back to haunt them.

I was also just thinking that maybe that potential alien race tracking them can use the Kino to communicate with Humans? Chopping up the Kinos recorded messages to form a conversation?

thekillman
October 24th, 2009, 05:09 AM
oh c'mon, the chopping up to form a message is lame and overdone.

although, in Die Hard 4.0 they did it with presidents. much, much more shocking when you see your own personal recording twisted in a different way

talyn2k1
October 24th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I really like the usage of the Kino. It provides insights in to characters (such as Greeg) who you can't imagine would open themselves up like that to another person on the ship. It provides the added dimension that alot of Stargate characters have lacked in recent years.

Great idea TPTB.

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I think it will come back into the series later on, however the information on it is hardly top secret, what could any alien species really learn from the Kino other than Eli hearts Chloe.

MechaThor
October 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I think it will come back into the series later on, however the information on it is hardly top secret, what could any alien species really learn from the Kino other than Eli hearts Chloe.

Well lots of things....

- That there are more Scientists than soldiers
- That we don't own the Ship, we are stuck on it and have no control over it
- That we are rather primitive
- What are species basic fears and instincts are
- Who's the most "valuable", (i.e. key personal, leaders, smartest minds)
- It shows are enemies what we look like, that we have no real physical strengths
- We provided them with some basic layouts of the ships interior, and a possible entry point through the Shuttles hatch.
- Clues to our language

several small insights which would be valuable knowledge to a race which has never encountered a Human before.

Sifr
October 24th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I can really imagine the Kino might come back to haunt them sometime in the future, you know, either someone hacks into it, either on ship, or alien, but it'll prolly come back.

If not, I like the video diary aspect of it, its kinda refreshing to see people's pov's in a Stargate series.

The thing I most want to see though, if it ever gets thrown up on the intercom is Eli's reaction to the whole crew seeing him.

So... I think Scott just banged Chloe... I thought he was with James...
*Cut*
Like that bothers me...
*Cut*
I mean, she was totally into me back on Icarus, whats the deal with THAT?
*Cut*
I guess its cause he's ya know... a hero... but hey, I've pulled our butts out of the fire way more! See this face? It didn't get this way on purporse?
*Cut*
Ah man... I'm flying into a Sun! He gets to live, bang the hot chick, sail away with the other hot chick and I'm stuck in the friends zone and FLYING INTO THE SUN!
*Cut*
DIE, SCOTT, DIE, DIE!
*Cut*
*Cut*
... Who's gonna tell my mom?

*Recording ends, everyone turns to Eli*

In my defence, you are kinda a d-

:rolleyes: