This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor's ship

Why is Thor's ship named after Daniel Jackson ? Shouldn't it be the Samantha Carter ? I mean SC help Thor a lot on Nemesis/Small Victories/Revelations/Descent, while on all four episode DJ wasn't there for Thor or Asgards for that matter. (O'neill named after the fleet is a higher honor which is understandable) Is Asgard really THAT chauvinistic ?
    Fanatic-old-religious Priestess in a deserted Mayan temple

He did open the gate. But i guess it was a science vessel and SC did help them out soooo much, but SC also isnt as cool or good sounding as DJ IMHO.
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Maybe they named it when they thought he was dead...

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

i thought they had ships name after all members of sg1

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
          I think it is what happened . So don't worry man
          - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
          - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
          - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
            While we don't know this for sure, It's a reasonable guess.
            sigpic

Comment

I bet the Teal'c is a big badass warship.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                Maybe they named it when they thought he was dead...

-IMF
                Very logical answer. Also, maybe Thor was sad that Daniel died (Revelations) and named it in his memory.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I also assumed it was a memorial. I loved Daniel's look when he found out. But maybe they will name one the Samantha Carter. I think it has a nice ring to it.

Comment

The O'Niell : First of its new class, leader, hope of the asgard and advanced technically, a warship.

The Daniel Jackson: a scout, research vessel, with advanced computers and knowledge of the ancients.

The Samantha Carter: the most advanced as gard technology, all in one ship. not a warship per se, just the most advanced ship possible to build

The Teal'c: Like some one else said, the biggest, baddest, most powerful warship the asgard have ever built, weapons capable of smacking an ancient enhanced ha'tak out of the sky at half power

The Jonas Quinn: a brand new and fully capable ship with tons of untapped potential, but looked down on by others as being too new and a poor replacement for another not-to-be-named class of ship. neverr given a chance. class has been mothballed

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                      The Jonas Quinn: a brand new and fully capable ship with tons of untapped potential, but looked down on by others as being too new and a poor replacement for another not-to-be-named class of ship. neverr given a chance. class has been mothballed
                      Touche!

Ace
                      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                        Very logical answer. Also, maybe Thor was sad that Daniel died (Revelations) and named it in his memory.
                        ya, that makes sense! I like this answer a lot dude.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                          The O'Niell : First of its new class, leader, hope of the asgard and advanced technically, a warship.

The Daniel Jackson: a scout, research vessel, with advanced computers and knowledge of the ancients.

The Samantha Carter: the most advanced as gard technology, all in one ship. not a warship per se, just the most advanced ship possible to build

The Teal'c: Like some one else said, the biggest, baddest, most powerful warship the asgard have ever built, weapons capable of smacking an ancient enhanced ha'tak out of the sky at half power

i must admit-this is a VERY good definition for sg-1 -especially Jonas
                          p.s. when do we first hear about the DJ?
                          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
                            i must admit-this is a VERY good definition for sg-1 -especially Jonas
                            p.s. when do we first hear about the DJ?
                            in "New Order"

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                              Are you sure his ears aren't pointed....
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                              X