PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Lines from "Light"

s09119
October 23rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
Alright, what were your favorite lines and jokes from tonight's episode? I found the revelation about why Greer was in the brig (knocking Telford's lights out) was priceless.

_Famrir_
October 23rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
"the destiny is powered by the stars themselves" - Rush

nhall
October 23rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
"Math Boy. Send it!" - Eli

"Now would be a good time to trust me to solve this problem" - Rush

Mardius
October 23rd, 2009, 07:31 PM
*points to himself* MATH BOY

Specter177
October 23rd, 2009, 07:37 PM
Greer's monologue.

Shan Bruce Lee
October 23rd, 2009, 08:46 PM
"There's a rumor going around that we're still here"

Sonicbluemustang
October 23rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
There are several imo and they have already been stated above :)

Orion Antreas
October 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
All of these mentioned and...

"Why am I watching this on tv?" - Eli in response to the Shuttle trying to intercept the Destiny and then runs off to the Observation deck.

I laughed at that.

Pharaoh Atem
October 23rd, 2009, 09:01 PM
what a piece of work

Squires
October 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
"It's not an f-16 Eli, it's a spaceship"

Pharaoh Atem
October 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM

buhahah

MattSilver 3k
October 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
"Out in a blaze of glory..."

Greer is totally flipping awesome.

garhkal
October 23rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
"Math Boy. Send it!" - Eli

"Now would be a good time to trust me to solve this problem" - Rush

The math boy' was my personal fave.

Followed by young's "Keep speaking, i will take your name out of the lottery".

Franklyn Blaze
October 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
I liked the "please don't" response to the taking of the name out of the lottery.

Wasn't really a line but it was. Young's single tear while holding his wedding ring. He said a lot without saying anything.

I kind of liked the "Our Father" scene. It showed people facing death with some dignity. (and no it's not an atheist in a foxhole comment so we can't take out that reply right now)

Oh and Mathboy, almost forgot.

Cold Fuzz
October 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Alright, what were your favorite lines and jokes from tonight's episode? I found the revelation about why Greer was in the brig (knocking Telford's lights out) was priceless.

Greer and Young definitely earned respect points from me with their scene together. I especially like how Greer saluted Young when the Colonel said, "Goodbye, Ronald."

Another favorite scene that stuck out to me for some reason was when Spencer (the Marine that got knocked out) finally woke up, he headed towards one of the rooms and found Volker playing cards with a few people and chatting it up. "Well, all the fun people are here." :D

MattSilver 3k
October 23rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
Another favorite scene that stuck out to me for some reason was when Spencer (the Marine that got knocked out) finally woke up, he headed towards one of the rooms and found Volker playing cards with a few people and chatting it up. "Well, all the fun people are here." :D

Also makes me wonder... who the hell brought cards? :P

Cory Holmes
October 23rd, 2009, 10:36 PM

Playing cards are standard in most survival packs. Boredom and nothing to occupy the mind are some of the most dangerous things in any survival situation. Any way to keep people occupied and engaged with each other is a good, good thing.

Cold Fuzz
October 23rd, 2009, 10:41 PM
Playing cards are standard in most survival packs. Boredom and nothing to occupy the mind are some of the most dangerous things in any survival situation. Any way to keep people occupied and engaged with each other is a good, good thing.

I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday. :) The survival packs I've seen never featured a deck of cards.

I've met lots of soldiers with card decks. I'm sure one of them must have brought the cards. ;)

Cory Holmes
October 23rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
I've met lots of soldiers with card decks. I'm sure one of them must have brought the cards. ;)

That's 'cuz they all wanted to get Lts. Johanson and James in games of strip-poker :cool:

Cold Fuzz
October 23rd, 2009, 11:21 PM
That's 'cuz they all wanted to get Lts. Johanson and James in games of strip-poker :cool:

:lol: Greenage for you. :D

Stabby
October 23rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
Greer's monologue, "Math Boy. Send it!", "I'm gonna need some spaceship paint", "Well all the FUN people are here", Eli's "I don't [regret it]", Rush's "I'm going to go read a meneally good book."

So much gold in this episode, and even more gold that was shown, but not spoken.

eliteaceman
October 24th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I'm just glad Rush had time to grab his I-Phone and Docking Station for it...

Eternal Density
October 24th, 2009, 01:15 AM
The banter about the paint to fix the scratch. And Chloe's "one more day" kino line.

eliteaceman
October 24th, 2009, 01:21 AM
"There is a rumor starting that we are still here"

The Mighty 6 platoon
October 24th, 2009, 04:11 AM

"Why am I watching this on tv?" - Eli in response to the Shuttle trying to intercept the Destiny and then runs off to the Observation deck.

I laughed at that.

I loved that line but I also loved the line "this is where all the fun people are!" such brilliant moments of grim humour.

Cory Holmes
October 24th, 2009, 04:54 AM
I'm just glad Rush had time to grab his I-Phone and Docking Station for it...

Wha?

Eternal Density
October 24th, 2009, 05:08 AM
"The lights just... came back on in my room." - the guy who said "The lights went off in my compartment" back in Darkness.
Put together, it's funny.

s09119
October 24th, 2009, 08:24 AM
"The lights just... came back on in my room." - the guy who said "The lights went off in my compartment" back in Darkness.
Put together, it's funny.

I thought that was him! In that case, it's even funnier xD

OutandAboot
October 24th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Rush: Hahaha, YES!
Eli: What are we so happy about?
Rush: We're gonna live, Eli
Eli: What about the turbulence and the heat and the death?

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM
My personal favourite was from Rush - " I have a hundred pages of a truly mediocre book to finish"

Hermiiod
October 24th, 2009, 08:45 AM
"Out in a blaze of glory..."

Greer is totally flipping awesome.
Agreed

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Agreed

My fave from greer had to be - Thud "Now i don't want to have to do that to anyone else".

Myles
October 24th, 2009, 09:04 AM
My fave from greer had to be - Thud "Now i don't want to have to do that to anyone else".

Yea, I thought it was even better when he finished it with "Because I will."

IcarusAbides
October 24th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Yea, I thought it was even better when he finished it with "Because I will."
Greer really impressed me in this episode, i thought he would have been the first one to try and get on that shuttle.

missmobius
October 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM
This was the best episode for me, and all the above lines were amazing, truly a great episode!!!!

My fave scene (not line) was the Kino taping Destiny, I love the kinos :)

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/8720/kinofxsgu.jpg

HenryTheRed
October 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
My favorite "the planet's getting really big in the window" - direct reference to apollo 13, just as they were going to do a slingshot because they didn't have the acceleration to catch destiny.

Except for the sex crap, this was a fantastic episode.

Otarush
October 24th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Rush: Hahaha, YES!
Eli: What are we so happy about?
Rush: We're gonna live, Eli
Eli: What about the turbulence and the heat and the death?

Hahaha, yep! As well as every other line mentioned so far.

_Famrir_
October 24th, 2009, 12:58 PM
greers monologue was also one of my favorites

Yoshi442
October 24th, 2009, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=Franklyn Blaze;10739995].

I kind of liked the "Our Father" scene. It showed people facing death with some dignity. (and no it's not an atheist in a foxhole comment so we can't take out that reply right now)

QUOTE]

I loved the "fun people" comment, right before showing that scene. I'd totally be with the poker players!

Commander Zelix
October 24th, 2009, 01:36 PM
My favorite line is a bit strange since its not funny or anything. But its when Rush thanks Eli to enable him able to see an outside view of the Destiny.

Its fun to realize the characters don't have the same perspective on things as us TV viewers (we saw the Destiny many times from the outside). And it fits Rush's obsession with the Destiny anyway.

That line was pretty clever I think.

ronin36
October 24th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Don't forget the rest of the line. "But I will."

I have to throw a vote for this line too...

It wasn't that the line was particular witty, or ominous.

But the way he delivered it. Almost as if he would regret having to do it.

BTW.. The sargeant that got decked. He took some pills later. Couldn't see the perscription label.. Anyone here see this as a possible problem later on?

garhkal
October 24th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Young's single tear while holding his wedding ring. He said a lot without saying anything.

Was that a tear or sweat from the heat..?

I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday. The survival packs I've seen never featured a deck of cards.

Since many survival packs include 2-3 extra pouches, it is conseavable someone stuck in a deck of cards or two.

drew91781
October 24th, 2009, 05:23 PM
"this is where the fun people are"

Then I said to myself "this is where the religious people are!"

Legend11
October 24th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Well Eli's wonderfully incredulous line "but what about the turbulence, the heat and the death?" made me smile.

Oh, hi everyone....first time poster. :)

PG15
October 24th, 2009, 09:38 PM

Agreed! I loved the way he said it too; it was like "did that just come out of my mouth?" :D

Definitely fewer funny lines in this episode than the last one, but that's to be expected. I liked Young's bluntness in the beginning though.

"You've all heard about our situation. It sucks."

As for the subtler moments, focus on Rush's mouth before he says "hopefully it'll be quick" - it was twitching. Damn, Robert Carlyle is GOOD.

Pharaoh Atem
October 24th, 2009, 09:40 PM
RUSH: Eli, there's many variables here. Are you sure about this?

(Eli looks at him pointedly.)

WALLACE: Math Boy. Send it.

RUSH: OK, Math Boy. (He types on Eli's console, then heads back to his own.) Sending the new course now.

Forgottensmoke
October 25th, 2009, 12:02 AM

I laughed at that.

gold.

ancientaction
October 25th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Greer really impressed me in this episode, i thought he would have been the first one to try and get on that shuttle.

Agreed.

ancientaction
October 25th, 2009, 12:17 AM
"why am i watching this on TV"

"Math Boy, Send it"

"Thank you Eli"

"Because i will"

"its not an f-16, its a spaceship"

"What a piece of work"

my favorites.
Non quoted favorites, was how you can actually tell that Rush wasn't a nervous wreck, the moment he had a view of the Destiny from the outside, you can tell that he had a moment of peace, for once.

Replicator Todd
October 25th, 2009, 12:25 AM
"These are the wrong people." :P

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Everybody: Hi, Dr. Legend!!! :)

Cold Fuzz
October 25th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Well Eli's wonderfully incredulous line "but what about the turbulence, the heat and the death?" made me smile.

Welcome to the boards! I did like that line from Eli. Methinks there was a kind of sarcastic disappointment at not facing imminent death with Chloe by his side. :P

Infinite-Possibilities
October 25th, 2009, 02:06 AM
"We'll be thinking of you guys."

"You too, brother. You too."

It wasn't spectacular or anything but I just liked that one. :) :)

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 25th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Sgt Greer:"Just ah. Sorry that I dissapointed you. Sir"
Col Young: "You're a good man Sargent I know that. Besides the ******* had it coming".
Sgt Greer: "He certainly did. heheehehee"

OutandAboot
October 25th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Young to Wray: Leave now or I'm gonna take your name out of the lottery...I may just anyway

Legend11
October 25th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Why thank you. I'm loving Universe, so hope to discuss it with you people a lot more. I got a bit tired of the haters on Usenet and would prefer to be around the more like minded in discussing the show. Although I'll still post on Usenet in its defence. Thanks again for the warm welcome. :ronan:

missmobius
October 25th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Young to Wray: Leave now or I'm gonna take your name out of the lottery...I may just anyway

that line (Young's) for me showed a cold controlling side to him, which made me think that maybe that's why he's divorced.

bladebeam1
October 25th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Don't forget the rest of the line. "But I will."

I have to throw a vote for this line too...

It wasn't that the line was particular witty, or ominous.

But the way he delivered it. Almost as if he would regret having to do it.

BTW.. The sargeant that got decked. He took some pills later. Couldn't see the perscription label.. Anyone here see this as a possible problem later on?

I bet that comes up later. Looked like that bottle was nearly empty.

:)

s09119
October 25th, 2009, 11:11 AM

And then the most heart-wrenching moment (for me anyway), was the response:

*Wray places her hand on his, her lips trembling and her eyes wide with fear*

Wray: Please... don't...

Lord Kira
October 25th, 2009, 02:38 PM
When they were all accepting that they were about to die, I loved Rush's reason for returning to his quarters:

"I have a hundred pages of a truly mediocre book to finish."

Starsaber
October 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM

Yeah, reminded me of Mal's line from the beginning of Serenity. "We might have some turbulence... then explode."

Legend11
October 25th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah, reminded me of Mal's line from the beginning of Serenity. "We might have some turbulence... then explode."

Oh man I could repeat favourite lines from Firefly and Serenity forever....which is amazing considering how few episodes there were. :beckett:

Aurora24
October 25th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Oh man I could repeat favourite lines from Firefly and Serenity forever....which is amazing considering how few episodes there were. :beckett:

Lol, that's the sign of a true fan:)

Some of my favorite quotes:

Eli:What about the turbulence and the heat and the death?

Eli: Math boy, send it
Rush: Ok, Math boy

Rush: I have 100 pages of a truly mediocre book to finish

The end scene at the mess hall when everyone was joking around
Young (to Scott): I ought to send you outside with a space suit and some spaceship paint
Greer(holding up his bowl of rations):I've got some that right here!

Radz
October 25th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Definitely thought that was great...because I really want to do that myself!

Also liked Rush's talk with Young about him removing his name from the lottery. Showed a different side of Rush...or did it...:mckayanime01:

Cold Fuzz
October 25th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Why thank you. I'm loving Universe, so hope to discuss it with you people a lot more. I got a bit tired of the haters on Usenet and would prefer to be around the more like minded in discussing the show. Although I'll still post on Usenet in its defence. Thanks again for the warm welcome. :ronan:

You're very welcome. I've found that GateWorld's forum is consistently the one forum where the environment is great. :sheppardanime23:

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 26th, 2009, 01:29 AM
The end scene at the mess hall when everyone was joking around
Young (to Scott): I ought to send you outside with a space suit and some spaceship paint
Greer(holding up his bowl of rations):I've got some that right here!

See Jack's standing orders ARE to paint USAF on any ship you find!

dunce_d
October 26th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Right after the shuttle docks, Young walks around saying "well done" and then musses up Rush's hair. The look Rush gave him was better than any spoken line.

Saquist
October 26th, 2009, 08:03 AM

I don't go for Greer like you guys do but he never came off as a person afraid of death.

AVFan
October 26th, 2009, 02:19 PM
And then the most heart-wrenching moment (for me anyway), was the response:

*Wray places her hand on his, her lips trembling and her eyes wide with fear*

Wray: Please... don't...

Yeah, not so much for me. Though I probably shouldn't have come into this series with such a hate for IOA reps. I was sad when Young pulled her name out of the case.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 26th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Just because she's an IOA rep? That's just her job!

Replicator Todd
October 26th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Just because she's an IOA rep? That's just her job!
Yes well, the IOA isn't exactly highly liked. They have made many foolish decisions in the past...

garhkal
October 26th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Right after the shuttle docks, Young walks around saying "well done" and then musses up Rush's hair. The look Rush gave him was better than any spoken line.

He did not rustle his hair, he just slapped him on the back.

Whitering
October 26th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Is she IOA or just HR?

Also, I thought she was totally right, Young wimped out and sending random people to the planet was potentially dumb. It just so happened he probably picked a good bunch but it could have been wildly different.

Egle01
October 27th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Is she IOA or just HR?Who or what is a HR? :confused:

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I don't go for Greer like you guys do but he never came off as a person afraid of death.
Prolly 'cuz up until then, people had been assuming that Greer fit the Angry Black Man trope, the 'loose cannon' of SGU that would only think of himself. I was in that camp, but have reversed course so hard that I left a Cory-shaped hole in the wall :D Greer is my #2 favourite character right now.

Who or what is a HR? :confused:
Human Resources. In large companies, that's the department tasked with hiring and firing, development of new company policies regarding their workforce, scheduling vacations and whatnot.

Egle01
October 27th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Human Resources. In large companies, that's the department tasked with hiring and firing, development of new company policies regarding their workforce, scheduling vacations and whatnot.Thank you. Now it makes sense what Young said. :)

Arga
October 27th, 2009, 03:23 PM
ELI (to Chloe, who wanted to help with the kino documentary).
"Figured you'd be busy."

blackluster
October 27th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I loved that part as well. The dialogue in this ep in general was right up there. The way particularly Young, Greer and Rush came off as somber in the face of their imminent death seemed really authentic to me. I liked that convo between Young and Greer where he just ends it with "So long..."

Also one of the parts I liked was that scene where Eli gets up from his bunk (preceded by the flashback of his mom waking him up). His line "Dammit" summed up a host of thoughts and emotions I could relate with.

garhkal
October 27th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Is she IOA or just HR?

Also, I thought she was totally right, Young wimped out and sending random people to the planet was potentially dumb. It just so happened he probably picked a good bunch but it could have been wildly different.

She is ioa. Back in air pt 2, just after they got there, when rush anounced he had talked to Gen oneill and was placed in charge, she mentioned that since she is the IOAs rep there, SHe should be the one in charge.