Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis - Will there be a Movie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - Will there be a Movie?

Starting a new thread as the other one is gone.

Please keep this on topic and relevant only to new information coming out.

If anybody has the link to the article about Jason saying there wouldn't be a movie would they be kind enough to post it? I didn't get the chance to read it the other day and know the thread is gone I can't find the link
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Im sorry but the other thread went for a reason, too much squabbling and nothing of new relevance coming out of it, so until MGM churn out a press release this thread wont exist.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

If anybody has the link to the article about Jason saying there wouldn't be a movie would they be kind enough to post it? I didn't get the chance to read it the other day and know the thread is gone I can't find the link
      I read it, but can't remember where I saw it. If I find the link, I'll let you know.

Too bad about the other thread.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
        Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
          I read it, but can't remember where I saw it. If I find the link, I'll let you know.

He said it at the Armageddon Con in Melbourne, but darned if I can find the link to where it was originally posted.
          sigpic

Comment

VSS posted a link in another thread to news about the movie being on permanent hold and books replacing it. Don't know how reliable the source is, though.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

The entertainment industry can really bite sometime. I sure hope for an Atlantis movie. But if SGU does not do well, the Stargate franchise itself could be in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

Found this: (From Television Without Pity forums)
                http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....16533&st=10725#
                At the Armageddon Con on the weekend here in Melbourne, Jason Mamoa said they're not going to be doing the Atlantis movie/movies.

I'm not sure how official that is, but it was one of the questions he was asked and he responded by saying how bummed he was that it wasn't going to happen.

He was also wearing cool leather pants.
                sigpic

Comment

Joe Flanigan and Jason Momoa in particular have sounded a bit bitter since the cancellation, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd just dismissed the idea the movie was going forward out of hand, without actually having any news about it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    Joe Flanigan and Jason Momoa in particular have sounded a bit bitter since the cancellation, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd just dismissed the idea the movie was going forward out of hand, without actually having any news about it either way.
                    I believe DH said the same thing in a very nice and yet still honest post a couple of months ago: Stargate De-briefings

Then there was this post we were talking about before the thread blew up (I think it's okay to re-post this because it's news):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=110820

Someone posted this to JM's blog and asked if it was his script that was being novelized, but he didn't answer, not that he's in a position to, anyway. I personally am giving up. I do hope that we get official word, though, I think that's only fair.
                    Last edited by VSS; 24 October 2009, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I think Jason Momoa in particular has never believed it will happen. Just like David Hewlett. I got the impression that Joe Flanigan was a little bit more hopeful but I think even he has written it off by now. Let's face it even the most optimistic cast member would be pissed off by the whole situation by now. The only person that still believes it will happen one day is Joe Mallozzi. I think somebody should put him out of his misery. Come to that, I wish they'd put us out of our misery and tell us one way or another.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        Found this: (From Television Without Pity forums)
                        http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....16533&st=10725#
                        That's the one! Thanks!

Completely untrue. When I met Jason and Joe in February they both thought the movie was going to happen. Joe in particular.
                        What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

February is a pretty long time ago all things considered.

Comment

We really need an official announcement...

Comment

Dam its been ages now since we have heard anything on both Movies, and if they don't pick it up soon then the actors will loose interest and movie onto newer and bigger projects.

Although now that SGU has finished shooting, maybe they can FINALLY start the Atlantis movie?
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X