PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural Seasons 1-4: Favourite moments?

Epideme
October 23rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
I know there are episode threads but not one for moments. I prefer to go by moments as they are wholesome fun and youcan see how characters develop...plus there are a few thunk moments along the way... :)

Okay, I'll go first: my favourite moment is most likely the airport scene in Phantom Traveller when Dean reveals he's scared to fly. He's scared of absolutely nothing else on Planet Earth but when you see Sam's face you realise just how ridiculous it really is. Dean's face is so sweet and innocent, though!

Okay, who's next?

Epideme
x

starg8fans
October 23rd, 2009, 09:54 AM
LOL, where do I start? I'll start with one that's way at the top of my favorites list - when Sam explains to Dean what a slash fan is. The way both of them were squirming at the thought - LMAO! Anyway, that episode was full of great moments. When Dean and Cas at Chuck's house, Dean asks "Him? A prophet?" and Cas replies "You should have seen Luke." Cracked me up big time.

flameling
October 23rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
I'd have to say when they killed YED. Both seasons had built up to it and you knew it was going to happen, but then they realize that they have alot of work to do, and Dean has one year. I don't know why, I just liked that part.

IcarusAbides
October 23rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
It just has to be Dean on a plane humming Metallica to calm down.

Epideme
October 24th, 2009, 03:23 AM
It just has to be Dean on a plane humming Metallica to calm down.

I have to agree, it is awesome. Next time I fly, that might not be such a bad idea...! :eeek:

Epideme

starg8fans
October 24th, 2009, 11:22 AM
On a more emotional front, in What is and what should never be Dean's expression when he finds out that his mother is still alive, and all the bad things never happened, and in the end when he has to say good-bye to his fantasy... makes me tear up every time.

Epideme
October 25th, 2009, 04:37 AM
On a more emotional front, in What is and what should never be Dean's expression when he finds out that his mother is still alive, and all the bad things never happened, and in the end when he has to say good-bye to his fantasy... makes me tear up every time.

I know. That's why i try and avoid it. I just can't face a happy Winchester :(

Epideme
x

Crichiel
October 25th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I know there are episode threads but not one for moments. I prefer to go by moments as they are wholesome fun and youcan see how characters develop...plus there are a few thunk moments along the way... :)

D'oh! You beat me to this!! ;) Honestly, just last week I was going to start a thread for this exact reason, but it was the day the forum was having problems and since then I haven't had a chance to hop online. Oh well, great minds think alike!! Problem is, I have so many I don't know where to start. I will probably be on here posting one or two day!! :o;):)

Start with this one from Bloodlust. In the bar where Gordon says, "Lighten up, Sammy." I absolutely love it when Sam says, "He's the only one gets to call me that." :D Awww. Voiced affirmation that Dean is allowed to call him 'Sammy'.

Epideme
October 25th, 2009, 02:54 PM
D'oh! You beat me to this!! ;) Honestly, just last week I was going to start a thread for this exact reason, but it was the day the forum was having problems and since then I haven't had a chance to hop online. Oh well, great minds think alike!! Problem is, I have so many I don't know where to start. I will probably be on here posting one or two day!! :o;):)

Start with this one from Bloodlust. In the bar where Gordon says, "Lighten up, Sammy." I absolutely love it when Sam says, "He's the only one gets to call me that." :D Awww. Voiced affirmation that Dean is allowed to call him 'Sammy'.
Oh yeah!! been listening to the soundtracks for the last hour or two, so many moments replaying, especially from Kansas Carry On Wayward Son!!

Epideme

Crichiel
October 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM
From IMTOD:

1) When the focus is pulled from John to Dean standing in the corner and he says, "Well you sure know something." Great Dun-dun-DUUUUN! moment

2) John just sitting with Dean not saying anything.

3) Bobby wants to scrap the Impala and Sam says, "Dean would kill me if we did that. When he gets better, he's going to want to fix this." Awwww

4) The last exchange between John and YED where Azazel says, "No John. You still need to sweeten the pot." All their scenes in this ep are gold, but for some reason I love this last exchange of theirs when they seal the deal.

5) Tessa as Yellow eyes and cutting to the moment Dean wakes up. I always think it would be scary to wake up with a breathing tube in like that.

6) Dean's and John's talk at the end and Dean's reaction to John telling him something that we won't find out about for EIGHT more episodes. Good suspense!

starg8fans
October 27th, 2009, 01:54 AM
From IMTOD:

<snip>

6) Dean's and John's talk at the end and Dean's reaction to John telling him something that we won't find out about for EIGHT more episodes. Good suspense!

And then, when Dean finally gets ready to spill the beans at the end of Croatoan - they end the ep! Even though I had the next one sitting right there, I couldn't stop myself from shouting 'Noooooooo!!!'

Anyway, that scene ranks high on my list of favorites. The way Dean pours his heart out to Sam is just sooo touching.

Crichiel
October 27th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Told you I'd be on this thread a lot! :o

From OTHOAP, how Sam is so upset about what happened to Dean, that in the hospital hallway, he can barely spit out the words to reprimand Castiel.

Epideme
October 27th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Told you I'd be on this thread a lot! :o

From OTHOAP, how Sam is so upset about what happened to Dean, that in the hospital hallway, he can barely spit out the words to reprimand Castiel.
Who won't be? This is now my second home! :D
I love the bit in Jus In Bello where Sam and Dean get told off by Ruby when she finds out they lost the Colt is gone and they look sheepish. She has a point but they just don't get the chance to explain!

Epideme

Crichiel
November 5th, 2009, 09:14 AM
The look on Dean's face in Mystery Spot, both when the Trickster says that killing Dean is fun and even moreso, the moment when he tells Sam he is trying to teach him that he can't save Dean. Dean has this look of sadness for Sammy that I love.

Ooh, and Dean's laugh at the beginning when he holds up the bra and asks Sam if it is his!

starg8fans
November 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Shadow has a lot of great moments. The look on Dean's face when John and Sam hug - so sweet. And when Sam gets caught by this pedestrian as he's spying on Meg changing? LOL Then it's Dean again, the way he makes sure John gets out of the room and the building - and in the end is just heart breaking when he tells Sam why they can't stay with their father since they endanger him.

Crichiel
November 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Shadow has a lot of great moments. The look on Dean's face when John and Sam hug - so sweet.

What you mentioned here, the part I mentioned above where Dean looks sad for Sam in Mystery Spot, and this moment from Something Wicked:

At the end, Sam says he wishes he still had that innocence (that the boy, Michael, lost when they told him about real monsters). And Dean says, "Sometimes, I wish YOU did, too." (emphasis mine)

All of these moments underscore so poignantly how Dean cares more about his family than himself. It is so heartbreaking that he doesn't even think of getting that innocence back for himself, he just wishes it for Sam. Like WIAWSNB shows us, what Dean cares most about is that everyone else is happy. :( It is what makes him such a beautifully tragic hero.

starg8fans
November 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM
What you mentioned here, the part I mentioned above where Dean looks sad for Sam in Mystery Spot, and this moment from Something Wicked:

At the end, Sam says he wishes he still had that innocence (that the boy, Michael, lost when they told him about real monsters). And Dean says, "Sometimes, I wish YOU did, too." (emphasis mine)

All of these moments underscore so poignantly how Dean cares more about his family than himself. It is so heartbreaking that he doesn't even think of getting that innocence back for himself, he just wishes it for Sam. Like WIAWSNB shows us, what Dean cares most about is that everyone else is happy. :( It is what makes him such a beautifully tragic hero.

Very good point. And I think in a way he almost expects Sam to still have a certain modicum of innocence. Because in Mystery Spot, Dean is really shocked when he asks Sam what he would wish for - imagining it will be a 'normal' life - and his little brother wants Lilith's bloody head on a platter... There were other examples in S3 as well, where Dean expects Sam to be more cautious about hurting or endangering other people. It's an indication over how long a time frame the writers have been preparing Sam for 'going dark' at the end of S4.

Crichiel
November 7th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Bunch of randoms here:

-Dean going after the Impala with a tire iron/pry bar in ELAC. That was HUUUUUGE in showing just how upset he was over John's death. One of the most powerful grief scenes they've had.

-Total girl answer: Anytime Jensen does that single tear thing. Awwwww.

-In the car in CSPWDT, when Sam asks Dean if he is high....and Dean looks up like he has to think about it! :p

-The look on Sam's face in IKWYDLS when Anna says that some of the angels don't like him at all! :D

-Dean's surprised "What?" in AHBL pt 2 at the end when he tells Sam he had to make the deal because it's his job and Sam says, "And what do you think MY job is?" Like it never occurred to Dean that Sam would feel the same way about protecting him.

-Sam's "Name three kids that you even KNOW." in Dead in the Water.

-Dean always picking 'scissors'. :D

-Related to that. In Jump the Shark when he climbs into the bloody ductwork and says, "I should have thrown 'paper'". And then....

-Later in the episode when he finds himself AGAIN crawling through a creepy confined space into who-knows-what, I love that he just sighs and shakes his head, then starts crawling.

Epideme
November 9th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Dean going after the Impala with a tire iron/pry bar in ELAC. That was HUUUUUGE in showing just how upset he was over John's death. One of the most powerful grief scenes they've had.

Definetly. I have felt like doing that many times before. But I don't have a car... :S

I have to agree. I love the mini-Dean in Dead In The Water. So cute and so AWESOME!! I kinda wish he was his but then that would never work. I love the dream scene in Season three's Dream A little Dream Of Me when Lisa is on the picninc blanket and Dean says: "I've never had this dream before" then pulls that 'innocent/denial' face for Sam. So good.
x

starg8fans
November 9th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Definetly. I have felt like doing that many times before. But I don't have a car... :S

I have to agree. I love the mini-Dean in Dead In The Water. So cute and so AWESOME!! I kinda wish he was his but then that would never work. I love the dream scene in Season three's Dream A little Dream Of Me when Lisa is on the picninc blanket and Dean says: "I've never had this dream before" then pulls that 'innocent/denial' face for Sam. So good.
x

Don't you mean The Kids are Alright for mini-Dean? But I must say, Dead in the Water was my best re-watch ever. The first time round I found the ghost in the lake rather 'meh' - and it was only the second time round that I realized all the great backstory we're getting in that ep. Knowing the character better the whole interaction between Dean and the kid made so much more sense, and it was so touching. I read somewhere that it's one of Jensen's favorite eps because it helped him to get a real handle on the character. And I can see that. Until Dead in the Water Dean was rather one-dimensional, and this episodes added layers of depth.

And just for the record - I'm not convinced that the little guy isn't Dean's son. I think it's quite probable that Lisa lied to him in the end, either because she thought Dean would be a bad influence on the boy (after the gameboy incident), or because she didn't want her son to become too attached to a father who would be on the road all the time.

iolanda
November 9th, 2009, 12:30 PM
One of my favourite moments was the one when I finally really fell in love with the show. This was the ending of Nightshifter, when you see the Henricksens face over the two guard in the locker and then the boys in their SWAT uniforms (we sadly never saw again) approaching the Impala. And then the music.

Crichiel
November 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
One of my favourite moments was the one when I finally really fell in love with the show. This was the ending of Nightshifter, when you see the Henricksens face over the two guard in the locker and then the boys in their SWAT uniforms (we sadly never saw again) approaching the Impala. And then the music.

I still think that is the best music cue they've ever had. I had SUCH a huge grin on my face the first time I saw that! The next week, I used it as an example when explaining to my brothers just how wonderful this show is! :)

starg8fans
November 9th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I still think that is the best music cue they've ever had. I had SUCH a huge grin on my face the first time I saw that! The next week, I used it as an example when explaining to my brothers just how wonderful this show is! :)

I must admit I didn't notice the music at the time, but I found the clip of just that scene on spn.tv. (http://www.supernatural.tv/media/crypt/s2/clips/nightshifter/renegade.wmv) You're right, another great example for an awesome score that just hits the right note.

And talking about Henrickson, he's given us some great moments as well. One of my faves is the
"You think you're funny." - "I think I'm adorable."
line from Folsom Prison Blues. And the heart-to-heart talk he has with Dean in Jus in Bello as they're loading the guns when he finally accepts that the boys are in fact the Good Guys... I really liked the interaction there.

Crichiel
November 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I must admit I didn't notice the music at the time, but I found the clip of just that scene on spn.tv. (http://www.supernatural.tv/media/crypt/s2/clips/nightshifter/renegade.wmv) You're right, another great example for an awesome score that just hits the right note.

And talking about Henrickson, he's given us some great moments as well. One of my faves is the
"You think you're funny." - "I think I'm adorable."
line from Folsom Prison Blues. And the heart-to-heart talk he has with Dean in Jus in Bello as they're loading the guns when he finally accepts that the boys are in fact the Good Guys... I really liked the interaction there.

The Renegade clip was the first time I REALLY noticed how perfectly they choose their songs. And I was delighted later to see that it was voted 'best music moment' in the Supernatural magazine, AND Jensen mentioned it as his favourite cue. :)

The "I think I'm adorable" is one of the quotes the little one says ALL the time. Makes it sound like we are raising a very vain little girl, but honestly, she's just quoting Dean! :o

More Henrickson and Nightshifter: I like it when he first talks to Dean on the phone in the bank. "Whoa! Little harsh for a Fed, isn't it?" They're whole conversation is great because you have Dean being witty Dean, then he is suddenly iup againsy a guy who is just as quick and flip as he is.

starg8fans
November 11th, 2009, 11:21 PM
The Renegade clip was the first time I REALLY noticed how perfectly they choose their songs. And I was delighted later to see that it was voted 'best music moment' in the Supernatural magazine, AND Jensen mentioned it as his favourite cue. :)

The "I think I'm adorable" is one of the quotes the little one says ALL the time. Makes it sound like we are raising a very vain little girl, but honestly, she's just quoting Dean! :o

More Henrickson and Nightshifter: I like it when he first talks to Dean on the phone in the bank. "Whoa! Little harsh for a Fed, isn't it?" They're whole conversation is great because you have Dean being witty Dean, then he is suddenly iup againsy a guy who is just as quick and flip as he is.

OMG, the magazine! Totally forgot about that. Not that we could get it here, but once I get to the States...

LOL, we're quoting Spn (and Friends all the time. Which annoys hubby no end because he's into neither of the shows and usually doesn't get the connection.

It was always great to see Dean and Hendrickson bouncing off each other.

I love all the moments when Dean goes into Big Brother/parent mode, saving Sammy, supporting Sammy - his care and worry is palpable, and being a big sister and a mom myself I can so relate to it. I think the best was when Sam was throttled by the electric cord in Home. And that time when Sam had his vision headaches in Nightmares, and they both ended up on the floor next to the bed. The way Dean clung to Sam, and Sam reached for him - gave me a total aaaaw moment.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/Dean%20S1/Supernatural114_152.jpg

Crichiel
November 12th, 2009, 01:46 PM
OMG, the magazine! Totally forgot about that. Not that we could get it here, but once I get to the States...

I love all the moments when Dean goes into Big Brother/parent mode, saving Sammy, supporting Sammy - his care and worry is palpable, and being a big sister and a mom myself I can so relate to it. I think the best was when Sam was throttled by the electric cord in Home. And that time when Sam had his vision headaches in Nightmares, and they both ended up on the floor next to the bed. The way Dean clung to Sam, and Sam reached for him - gave me a total aaaaw moment.

Shouldn't it be easier to get the magazine where you are? You're physically closer to the publisher by about 4,000 MILES!! :confused: I never understand how these things are decided!

And I second your second comment there. Dean in his 'parent' role makes me melt. :o

Another Nightshifter moment. A line actually, from Dean of course:
"I like him. He says okey dokey." :D

starg8fans
November 12th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Shouldn't it be easier to get the magazine where you are? You're physically closer to the publisher by about 4,000 MILES!! :confused: I never understand how these things are decided!

And I second your second comment there. Dean in his 'parent' role makes me melt. :o

Another Nightshifter moment. A line actually, from Dean of course:
"I like him. He says okey dokey." :D

Closer to the publisher? I assumed it was published in the States...

After you mentioned Nightshifter Queen and I watched it together yesterday. I had completely forgotten what an awesome episode it is. There were several close-ups of Dean that had me drooling uncontrollably. *oops, wrong thread...* Anyway, there was one scene that got me thinking. When they interview Ronald, Dean totally lets Sam take the lead, who decides to keep up the pretense that there's nothing supernatural going on. And you can really see that Dean doesn't agree with this, but he holds his tongue. So much for Sam's claim in S5 that Dean had not been treating him as an equal...

Crichiel
November 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Closer to the publisher? I assumed it was published in the States...

After you mentioned Nightshifter Queen and I watched it together yesterday. I had completely forgotten what an awesome episode it is. There were several close-ups of Dean that had me drooling uncontrollably. *oops, wrong thread...* Anyway, there was one scene that got me thinking. When they interview Ronald, Dean totally lets Sam take the lead, who decides to keep up the pretense that there's nothing supernatural going on. And you can really see that Dean doesn't agree with this, but he holds his tongue. So much for Sam's claim in S5 that Dean had not been treating him as an equal...

It was my understanding that Titan publishing (that does all the show specific magazines) was based in the UK. The articles all use the British-English spellings, and when you go to the website, it's merchandise is given
in Pounds and you have to change it to do American Dollars. :confused:

I always forget what I say in each thread, so apologise if I already metioned this: Another one like Nightshifter, that I forget is so good is Sin City. All the scenes between Dean and Casey are fantastic.

starg8fans
November 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
It was my understanding that Titan publishing (that does all the show specific magazines) was based in the UK. The articles all use the British-English spellings, and when you go to the website, it's merchandise is given
in Pounds and you have to change it to do American Dollars. :confused:

Okay, I checked out the publishers and you are right - their HQ is in London. I also found out that you can order back issues, but of course they don't ship to Germany. *headdesk* Sometime I feel like moving.

I always forget what I say in each thread, so apologise if I already metioned this: Another one like Nightshifter, that I forget is so good is Sin City. All the scenes between Dean and Casey are fantastic.

Nope, I don't think that ep was mentioned before. And I totally agree with you, I got a truckload of caps from the scene in the basement. Dean was just in high form in that one.

Another scene that's probably so much a given nobody even bothered mentioning it is when Sam and Dean sing Dead or Alive in the car together. My kids would not leave me in peace until I made them a CD with that song (and Carry on My Wayward Son), and it's been playing on our school runs almost non-stop ever since. Especially the way Dean goes from singing into this pensive/fearful mood at the end makes my heart hitch every time.

Crichiel
November 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Okay, I checked out the publishers and you are right - their HQ is in London. I also found out that you can order back issues, but of course they don't ship to Germany. *headdesk* Sometime I feel like moving.

Awww :(. That's when you need one of your sweet American or English Gateworld friends to order them and send them to ya! ;) Or have you tried eBay? I got most of mine off of there. Although, I haven't been able to track down the first issue yet. It sells for around $100 American. Too rich for my blood!

Nope, I don't think that ep was mentioned before. And I totally agree with you, I got a truckload of caps from the scene in the basement. Dean was just in high form in that one.

Yes, I saw those yummy caps in the Thunk thread. Thank you very much!

Another scene that's probably so much a given nobody even bothered mentioning it is when Sam and Dean sing Dead or Alive in the car together. My kids would not leave me in peace until I made them a CD with that song (and Carry on My Wayward Son), and it's been playing on our school runs almost non-stop ever since. Especially the way Dean goes from singing into this pensive/fearful mood at the end makes my heart hitch every time.

There are a ton of those moments that none of us have mentioned, probably because we think they are too obvious. But why not?

-Speaking of Carry on My Wayward Son, the "Then" montages starting each show are moments worth mentioning themselves. They always have the best songs and pick the perfect moments to set you up for the episode.

-Sam going to and picking up Dean's body at the end of No Rest for the Wicked

-Dean's speech to dead Sam in AHBL.

-Bobby confronting Dean about the deal.

-The scene on the hood of the Impala at the end of CSPWDT. More Dean crying so, of course it's a moment I'd love! :o

-Since I just watched Magnificent Seven, I still just love the Sam's and Dean's exchange at the end of that one. I think I listed this in the 'Favourite quotes' thread, too. (this isn't the whole conversation, but some of the best bits):

Dean: You try, and so help me God, I'll stop you.

Sam: How could you make that deal? (I love this because you can visibly see the wind taken out of Sam's sails when he hears the details of the deal).

Dean: 'Cause I couldn't live with you dead. Couldn't do it.

Sam: What you did was selfish.

Dean: Yeah. But I'm ok with that.

Sam: Well, I'm not.

Dean: Tough. After all I've done for this family? I think I'm entitled.

Dean: It's like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sam: That's hellfire, Dean.

Dean: Yeah? Well, whatever.

It's great how unapologetic Dean is. How secure he is in his decision that it was worth it to save Sam.

starg8fans
November 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM
There are a ton of those moments that none of us have mentioned, probably because we think they are too obvious. But why not?

-Speaking of Carry on My Wayward Son, the "Then" montages starting each show are moments worth mentioning themselves. They always have the best songs and pick the perfect moments to set you up for the episode.

-Sam going to and picking up Dean's body at the end of No Rest for the Wicked

-Dean's speech to dead Sam in AHBL.

-Bobby confronting Dean about the deal.

-The scene on the hood of the Impala at the end of CSPWDT. More Dean crying so, of course it's a moment I'd love! :o

-Since I just watched Magnificent Seven, I still just love the Sam's and Dean's exchange at the end of that one. I think I listed this in the 'Favourite quotes' thread, too. (this isn't the whole conversation, but some of the best bits):

<snipped for space>

It's great how unapologetic Dean is. How secure he is in his decision that it was worth it to save Sam.

Absolutely agree with each and every one. And one other good one from Magnificent Seven.

Bobby: Bacon Cheeseburgers for breakfast?

Dean: Got one year to life. I'm not sweating the cholesterol.

It was also great how the writers showed him apparently totally unconcerned about his fate at first, the whittling away his composure until he broke down and confessed to Sam that he was scared and didn't want to die. Forgot what ep that was from. But it's one of the best brother-on-brother scenes.

Crichiel
November 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM
It was also great how the writers showed him apparently totally unconcerned about his fate at first, the whittling away his composure until he broke down and confessed to Sam that he was scared and didn't want to die. Forgot what ep that was from. But it's one of the best brother-on-brother scenes.

It's from the end of Dream a Little Dream of Me and I totally agree. That scene is so powerful because Dean looks like a terrified little boy when he says it, and my FAVOURITE second of that ep is the last-second shot of a clean-face demon Dean with his creepy smile snapping his fingers and the screen goes black. Amazing episode close. :)

starg8fans
November 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM
It's from the end of Dream a Little Dream of Me and I totally agree. That scene is so powerful because Dean looks like a terrified little boy when he says it, and my FAVOURITE second of that ep is the last-second shot of a clean-face demon Dean with his creepy smile snapping his fingers and the screen goes black. Amazing episode close. :)

Thanks for that! Another ep that goes on my re-re-watch list. It's amazing how creepy those black eyes are.

One other scene that really impressed me in a fangirly kind of way is when Dean vaults over the gate in Asylum. I hadn't pegged him as quite so physical at first, but that one proved me wrong.

Crichiel
November 17th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for that! Another ep that goes on my re-re-watch list. It's amazing how creepy those black eyes are.

One other scene that really impressed me in a fangirly kind of way is when Dean vaults over the gate in Asylum. I hadn't pegged him as quite so physical at first, but that one proved me wrong.

Mmmm. I noticed that, too, last time I watched Asylum.

Last night I watched Malleus Maleficarum. Many great moments in that one, but I was struck this time by how Dean and Ruby went after each other on the road when Dean first meets her. I loved all the Dean/KatieCassidy-Ruby scenes in season 3. They had a wonderful antagonistic relationship and it was so much fun to see them spar.

Also, a random spot I thought of earlier. In Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester. When Bobby sends Dean to the kitchen to get the spell ingredients there is that beat in the middle of all the rush-rush where Dean just HAS to stop and say, "Opium?" :D

starg8fans
November 17th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Mmmm. I noticed that, too, last time I watched Asylum.

Last night I watched Malleus Maleficarum. Many great moments in that one, but I was struck this time by how Dean and Ruby went after each other on the road when Dean first meets her. I loved all the Dean/KatieCassidy-Ruby scenes in season 3. They had a wonderful antagonistic relationship and it was so much fun to see them spar.

I loved the whole Ruby story arc. It's great to have such an ambiguous character, where you never know what side she's on. It was clear to me pretty early in S4 that she was playing Sam and would use him for her own devices, so she turned into the character I loved to hate. That's why one of my favorite moments was when Dean killed her in Lucifer Rising. And Sam held her for him, which to me meant they were finally back to together. Great moment.

Also, a random spot I thought of earlier. In Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester. When Bobby sends Dean to the kitchen to get the spell ingredients there is that beat in the middle of all the rush-rush where Dean just HAS to stop and say, "Opium?" :D

That was a good one. Not sure if anybody mentioned Dean's reaction to the panic room Bobby built yet. First the admiring "Bobby, you're AWESOME!", and then the surprised look when he noticed the Bo Derek poster... :lol:

Crichiel
November 17th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Simon Said: Dean trying NOT to talk when Andy uses his Jedi mind trick on him! :D And Sam staring incredulously at him, 'Dean! Shut UP!' 'I'm trying.' I laugh at that everytime...then usually rewind and watch it a couple more times!

starg8fans
November 19th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Just re-watched Malleus Maleficarum, and the whole scene when Sam and Dean find the dead witch was hilarious.

DEAN (seeing the body): "That's a curveball."

DEAN (turns around nearly running into the hanging body of a rabbit):
"Oh God! Freakin' witches! Seriously man, come on!"

SAM: "Guess we know where she got the rabbit's teeth from."

DEAN: "Well, Paul sure knows how to pick 'em huh? It's like Fatal Attraction all over again."

SAM: "Yeah."

DEAN: "And why does the rabbit always get screwed in the deal?! Poor little guy."

SAM: "You know what I don't get Dean? If she was so bent on revenge, why do this?"

DEAN: "Well, she got Janet Dutton, thought she finished off Paul, decided to cap herself and make it a spurned lovers hattrick."

DEAN: "I mean, this doesn't exactly look like the TV room of a bright and stable person, you know?"

DEAN (dials the phone and hold it up to his ear.): "I'd like to report a dead body, 309 Mayfair Circle. My name? Yeah, sure my name is..."
(clicks the phone shut cutting himself off).

Crichiel
November 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM
DEAN (dials the phone and hold it up to his ear.): "I'd like to report a dead body, 309 Mayfair Circle. My name? Yeah, sure my name is..."
(clicks the phone shut cutting himself off).

I was going to put in this moment next! ;) Love his line delivery on it for some reason.

Just watched Monster at the End of this Book. So many good moments, but for now I'll just mention the scene where they are trying to convince the lady what big fans they are. Specifically:

1) The way Sam says, "That's my....Sam's birthday." Jared does this great subtle look with his eyes when Sam catches his mistake. Smoothly done.

2) The two of them trying to come up with Sam's LSAT score. Both Dean's look, showing he absolutely has no clue, and Sam desperately fishing around in his head trying to come up with the number, without LOOKING like he is trying to remember.

3) Dean's look of resignation when he realises she wants to see his tattoo also.