PDA

View Full Version : TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
A thread to discuss the relationship between Col. Everett Young and Lt. Tamara Johansen, or TJ. Will they be friends, lovers, or maybe even something else/more? How will this affect SGU? What will the impact be on SGU? How will it happen? What happened in the past between them? What will come to happen between them?

Info:
Tamara Johansen (http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Tamara_Johansen)

Everett Young (http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/index.php/Everett_Young)

SPOILERS!
Video of TJ and Young kissing?! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5AOJatwYg). 2:10

Also, Louis Ferreira, on the subject:
http://sky1.sky.com/stargate-universe-louis-ferreira-interview SPOILERS

Please don't turn this into a pro-ship against anti-ship thread? Head over to the C&R folder for that. I want to hear you POV.

So what do you think will happen? How? How do you think it will affect SGU?

Also, what do you think was their previous relationship? What happened between them in the past? Why did TJ want to quit the military? Was it because of what happened between her and Young?

Also, Alaina Huffman, the actress who portrays TJ, is pregnant.

GW News:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/10/sgus-huffman-is-pregnant/

GW Forum Thread:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/10/sgus-huffman-is-pregnant/

Could it be that this will become Young's child in the series? You think that is why TJ wanted to leave? Or?

There has already been much speculation and discussion on the Young/TJ relationship. Friends? Lovers? Affair? One time? What do you think?

ETA: To be perfectly clear this is not a ship or appreciation thread, nor is it the opposite. This thread is open for all opinions and POVs!

Lightning Ducj
October 22nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

The obvious fraternization issue
Nothing between Young and his wife indicated anything about an affair being the cause of the troubles
Nothing that TJ said indicated anything with Young was the reason for her leaving.
So far they've had a professional relationship on the Destiny

Maybe I'm in denial for the spoilers but I really hope it's nothing

jelgate
October 22nd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Until I see it in the episode anything is up for grabs. Words can be misleading and the same can be said for trailers especially if you factor in the stones. Is this a possibility of happening? Sure but I take nothing to chance until the episode airs

Stormtrooper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM
I think one of them will die. Probably Young who has a brain tumor or something.

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

The obvious fraternization issue

Yeah. The fraternization issue. Forgot to mention that. :) That would make it extra interesting IMO, if something did or will happen.

Nothing that TJ said indicated anything with Young was the reason for her leaving.

Although Camille Wray, the IOA representative did ask who she was protecting and she did also ask if Young knew about it.

FLASHBACK. Johansen is in I.O.A. representative Camile Wray's office.

WRAY: Does Colonel Young know about this?

JOHANSEN: He knows.

WRAY: Two weeks ago you told me that this was the best experience of your life. Something must have happened.

JOHANSEN: The scholarship came in. I-I guess I've just been too afraid to admit what I really want.

(Camile snorts.)

WRAY: Well, you didn't tell me you had even applied.

JOHANSEN: There's nothing else going on. You know I'd tell you.

WRAY: Unless you were protecting someone.

JOHANSEN: I'm not. Like I said, I just hadn't made up my mind.

THE PRESENT. Johansen looks across to Camile who is sitting nearby. They share a concerned look, then Johansen looks back at the unconscious colonel.

Also from Darkness:

CORRIDOR. Camile Wray trots down the corridor to catch up with Young.

WRAY: Colonel.

YOUNG: Thought we were done.

WRAY: There's still dozens of human resources issues we need to talk about.

YOUNG: Pick one.

WRAY: The matter of Lieutenant Johansen resigning her commission.

YOUNG: Consider her reactivated.

WRAY: Well, I don't know if that's up to ...

YOUNG (interrupting): Up to me? Yeah, it is. We need a medic.

WRAY: I don't even know why she resigned in the first place.

YOUNG: Well, it's none of my business.

So far they've had a professional relationship on the Destiny.

Yeah that is true.

Maybe I'm in denial for the spoilers but I really hope it's nothing.

It could still go either way I guess.

So that was me playing the Devil's advocate. :)

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Until I see it in the episode anything is up for grabs. Words can be misleading and the same can be said for trailers especially if you factor in the stones. Is this a possibility of happening? Sure but I take nothing to chance until the episode airs

However, don't the clothes mismatch if they would be using the stones?

You (general) think that the scene in the promo of TJ and Young kissing could be a flashback then?

I think one of them will die. Probably Young who has a brain tumor or something.

So you think him collapsing indicates he has a brain tumor?
Also I thought Young was in the finale for SGU S1.

jelgate
October 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
However, don't the clothes mismatch if they would be using the stones?

You (general) think that the scene in the promo of TJ and Young kissing could be a flashback then?

That is a possibilty. Or maybe someone is occupying Young or TJ's body. Especially with science fiction the possibility. Look its entirely possible that its exactaly what it says it is but experence has taught me that you have to second guess everything. The context is totally unknown so who knows the reason behind those shots

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I wonder which episode the kiss is from. I'm thinking maybe "Earth".

Anyone knows? Care to guess?

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
I hope they don't write this as romance cause quite frankly I don't trust these PTB to write it properly. I hope and pray to anyone who will listen that they do not write the pregnancy into the show. They have proven they are incapable of writing that into the show (IMO)

I'm interested to know why TJ was leaving but I hope it had nothing to do with an inappropriate relationship with Young :S

As for the teaser trailer. Well it isn't very clear, like Jel said, it could be a body swap of some kind and it's not actually them kissing but someone else in one or the others body, we won't know till it airs I guess.

And the interview with Louis Ferreira, well it's not the first time someone has come out and said something about something that was going to happen in the show just to mess with us :p And with his sense of humour it's hard to tell if he was joking or not ;)

Commander Zelix
October 22nd, 2009, 04:56 PM
While they almost made it obvious there was something between TJ and Young in the pilot. Afterward I began to think it wouldn't happen since Young was married. The only thing that seem to bother his wife at that moment was the fact that he was never there. Which only make her a loving wife. "I love you, be there" doesn't seem to be much to ask.

Thats why the promo with TJ and Young kissing surprised me. If it has happened in the past and is the reason why Tamara wanted to leave the Stargate program. Then its surprising for what I just said about Young being married. But would explain why she try to protect him.

Theres also a good chance its going to happen on the Destiny since Young's wife just practically left him on the Darkness episode. So its a set up..."Young is free" the author are telling us.

Theres always the slight possibility that the kiss is actually a stone trickery. With different consciousness inhabiting the body. But I wouldn't' think so.

prion
October 22nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Well, I'll speculate that Young having an affair (I'm willing to bet on TJ) is what killed his marriage...

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Well, I'll speculate that Young having an affair (I'm willing to bet on TJ) is what killed his marriage...

What I thought, and speculating. However, I'm not entirely convinced and feel myself looking for other explanations more and more these days.

Cory Holmes
October 23rd, 2009, 04:21 AM
A 'history' between TJ and Young could explain how she's always able to figure out when Telford has body-napped him and how she knows when he's come back to himself before either man speaks. It takes some pretty accurate body-reading skills to do that...

... and with this entry, I think I've just thrown my hat into the 'shipper ring. And I'd been holding out so well so far.

Jper
October 23rd, 2009, 05:07 AM
Yeah that's true. Forgot about that too. TJ does seem to have that ability. :)
I wonder if TPTB have learned from the past and are now going the way of subtle clues to nicely build up towards a relationship, which they will then establish realistically at the right time and then continue it the same way. That would certainly be "refreshing".

Linda06
October 23rd, 2009, 05:28 AM
I still don't have faith that these guys can write romance into the show and write it properly. They have a lot to prove on that front IMO. And I question their ability to write it without it turning, ridiculous, juvenile or just plain bad :S

Cory Holmes
October 23rd, 2009, 05:30 AM
I still don't have faith that these guys can write romance into the show and write it properly. They have a lot to prove on that front IMO. And I question their ability to write it without it turning, ridiculous, juvenile or just plain bad :S

... is that not what the fandom is for?;)

Linda06
October 23rd, 2009, 05:43 AM
... is that not what the fandom is for?;)

hmmm, good point. The fic writers can fix the mistakes that happen in the show :D

Cory Holmes
October 23rd, 2009, 05:55 AM
hmmm, good point. The fic writers can fix the mistakes that happen in the show :D

We've been doing that since the beginning, thus explaining why McKay ends up with Weir or Carter :cool:

Linda06
October 23rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
We've been doing that since the beginning, thus explaining why McKay ends up with Weir or Carter :cool:

:eek: Carter? Ooh Jack is not gonna be happy :p

The only person I could ever see him with was Cadman. There was a spark there ;)

Ooh and look at that, we're not even off the first page yet and we've derailed the thread with off topicness already.......Ooh we are good :D *puffs chest out*

Jper
October 23rd, 2009, 06:21 AM
Actually we're not as off-topic as you think. The whole McKay-Cadman example is the perfect example of how there is always potential on the shows, but mostly it has been ignored. However here, with Young and TJ, we have the potential IMO, and they are not ignoring it this time, as they have been dropping little hints, and IMO if I consider these they have been progressing, evolving. So there's definitely some development according to me. That's why I'm saying that I hope they'll be able to keep this up, maybe turn it up just a little notch, and then develop it like they have been doing.

They have the ability of showing us past, present and future for this relationship.

So pretty please... Pretty please? :)

BTW notice how at that time McKay had something with Katie Brown, so technically that would have been a love triangle as well.

And the good thing about Katie/Rodney was that Katie was a more secondary character, so they did not have the problem of focus on the relationship, was mainly a b-plot. So as there are much more characters on SGU, and much more people on the Destiny that we get to see, and much more character development, and I think much more secrets and not so obvious relationships, this could quite become a relationship, that is believable, and not a focus on the screen.

So if you start comparing this to the other relationships we've seen this could turn out to be a really good one, if, and I stress the if, TPTB keep this way of development. Which I think they will because if would show how different SGU really is with a whole lot of characters passing on screen every episode and how we gradually learn bits and pieces about all of them. That's really were the 3D versus 1D character development would fit in, IMO of course.

Cory Holmes
October 23rd, 2009, 07:00 AM
The only person I could ever see him with was Cadman. There was a spark there ;)
Indeed. In my shippy heart-of-hearts, McCadman is my OTP. McWeir and McCarter I mainly support because it flies in the face of the Leading Man and Leading Lady always hooking up (a trope I utterly despise).

Ooh we are good :D *puffs chest out*
*stares*
Pfwa... um... I, uh... I think I was gonna say something here, but all I'm drawing is a blank. :cool:

Linda06
October 23rd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Actually we're not as off-topic as you think. The whole McKay-Cadman example is the perfect example of how there is always potential on the shows, but mostly it has been ignored. However here, with Young and TJ, we have the potential IMO, and they are not ignoring it this time, as they have been dropping little hints, and IMO if I consider these they have been progressing, evolving. So there's definitely some development according to me. That's why I'm saying that I hope they'll be able to keep this up, maybe turn it up just a little notch, and then develop it like they have been doing.

They have the ability of showing us past, present and future for this relationship.

So pretty please... Pretty please? :)

BTW notice how at that time McKay had something with Katie Brown, so technically that would have been a love triangle as well.

And the good thing about Katie/Rodney was that Katie was a more secondary character, so they did not have the problem of focus on the relationship, was mainly a b-plot. So as there are much more characters on SGU, and much more people on the Destiny that we get to see, and much more character development, and I think much more secrets and not so obvious relationships, this could quite become a relationship, that is believable, and not a focus on the screen.

So if you start comparing this to the other relationships we've seen this could turn out to be a really good one, if, and I stress the if, TPTB keep this way of development. Which I think they will because if would show how different SGU really is with a whole lot of characters passing on screen every episode and how we gradually learn bits and pieces about all of them. That's really were the 3D versus 1D character development would fit in, IMO of course.

*pouts* Spoil my fun then :p

If I didn't know these particular PTB then I would have no problem with them writing in romance for characters in SGU. But unfortunately I do know these PTB (not personally ;)) and I have very little faith in them to be able to pull it off without it becoming juvenile or just plain bad hence the reason I am very reluctant for romance to included in SGU, but apparently it's more character driven so there is apparently definately gonna be romance so I can only hope it doesn't end up a farce and a complete mess. Like I said these guys have got a lot to prove on the romance writing front. I have very little hope left that they can actually do it. Some of the reasons why I am adamant to not ship anyone on SGU, been there done that got burnt pretty bad wore the T-shirt...Never again :mckay: Bring in new writers with fresh ideas, that's what I say :D

I just hope SGU doesn't go the same way as SGA did. They had a chance to do something different, something new with SGA and they may have done in S1, but then they fell back on what they know and it ended up being too repetative to what they done on SG1. I hope they decide to take a chance on SGU and do something different, try new things and don't fall back on the status quo.

As for McKay/Cadman. They could have done this, they didn't need Katie. I never felt McKay/Katie ever worked anyways. But there were sparks between McKay/Cadman.

Indeed. In my shippy heart-of-hearts, McCadman is my OTP. McWeir and McCarter I mainly support because it flies in the face of the Leading Man and Leading Lady always hooking up (a trope I utterly despise).

Well if Sam doesn't want Jack i'll take him :D

*stares*
Pfwa... um... I, uh... I think I was gonna say something here, but all I'm drawing is a blank. :cool:

*snicker*

Cory Holmes
October 23rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
*snicker*

... you're evil.

Linda06
October 24th, 2009, 11:22 AM
... you're evil.

meeeeeeeeee http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/angels/sc_3170.gif

amz_123
October 25th, 2009, 02:46 AM
http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Tamara_Johansen
"TJ had an affair with her colonel so that's kind of a very icky subject because he's her senior and that relationship is sort of dealt with and it's a little bit of an elephant in the room. You're military and then you're stuck on a ship in the middle of space with a guy you had an affair with, that's weird." -Alaina Huffman

This is from http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_1.15_%22Lost%22_Episode_Guide
In ep 1.15 'Lost'
"Tamara and Young must face some very troubling and personal news."

(So I'm thinking pregnancy? That's what I thought when I first read this spoiler, then a few days later I saw the news that Alaina's pregnant...)

So yeah I think they did have an affair. I had a feeling from the beginning when TJ was talking to Camille in the flashback that Camille was implying the relationship between them and then in (was in Darkness or Air 3?) when Camille and Young were talking in the hallway she was pretty much implying to him that he was the reason why TJ was resigning (well not implying but I got the impression that she was frowning upon it)...

Thanks for starting a thread on this topic, I think their relationship will be one that will turn into an interesting and complicated one, was looking for somewhere to discuss...

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 06:57 AM
meeeeeeeeee http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/angels/sc_3170.gif

I've known you for less than five posts and already I can tell that you're lying. Lying like a rug!! :p

squirrely1
October 25th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I love the TJ character and the Young character respectively. I sort of saw a spark between them in the Pilot but not much since. I think they have under developed TJ so far and I hope that changes. I would like to know more about her...she is beautiful.

As far as a hook up between them.... I love the fact they are willing to pair up and do a Spring/Autumn romance....but I'm not sure I'd be totally for it. I think there would be obvious issues between them...like his wife.....who Young clearly loves and that would be just wrong...IMO.. But I can understand their desperate circumstances and physical human needs as well...so I could deal.

With the pregnancy issue...with TJ...well they will have to write it in some way...or only show head and shoulder shots of her....which will be hard to do...so the question is....who will the daddy be?? Maybe it will come out that she was already preggars when she came aboard.....who knows...but it will be interesting and I can't wait. :D

IDK...personally I was hoping to smush together Lt Scott and TJ...they would be hot...and then that would free up Chloe for Eli....cuz I love Eli and he deserves to get the girl!! :P

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I've known you for less than five posts and already I can tell that you're lying. Lying like a rug!! :p

:mckay: Damn, I gotta work on that :p

As for TJ/Young. I would like to see them develop a friendship and leave the romance out of it. Contrary to popular belief males and females can be friends without the romance getting in the way :rolleyes:

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Not a chance now! I've got you *zooms* in my sights! ;)

As for TJ/Young. I would like to see them develop a friendship and leave the romance out of it. Contrary to popular belief males and females can be friends without the romance getting in the way :rolleyes:
Normally I'd agree with you, especially regarding Sam'n'Sir and Shep/Weir, two pairings that (as previously mentioned) I utterly despise. Same with 'ships like Inara/Mal, anything from BSG, most from B5... let's just say that I'm essentially the 'anti-obvious ship' of shippers.

And yet, I find myself rooting for TJ/Young. Maybe because it's mostly unexpected (TJ/Scott would be the "standard" or "expected" pairing), and because it would make the two characters much more interesting. Young seems to be devoted to his wife, and yet had an affair? Smells like a story there...

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Not a chance now! I've got you *zooms* in my sights! ;)

Damn, oh well :p

Normally I'd agree with you, especially regarding Sam'n'Sir and Shep/Weir, two pairings that (as previously mentioned) I utterly despise. Same with 'ships like Inara/Mal, anything from BSG, most from B5... let's just say that I'm essentially the 'anti-obvious ship' of shippers.

And yet, I find myself rooting for TJ/Young. Maybe because it's mostly unexpected (TJ/Scott would be the "standard" or "expected" pairing), and because it would make the two characters much more interesting. Young seems to be devoted to his wife, and yet had an affair? Smells like a story there...

I didn't see Shep/Weir as an obvious ship cause they never intended to go with it anyways :p I liked the others though and throw in John/Teyla ;) (keep your mind on that last one ;)

I don't want there to be any ship between TJ/Young because I like Young and I'm beginning to like TJ too and IMO they could develop a really good friendship here. Men and Women can be really good friends without there being sex involved :rolleyes: And personally from the scenes we've seen in the eps so far (discounting the trailers we've seen cause we all know they don't really tell us anything significant and most of the time is taken out of context) I haven't seen anything to indicate that they were anything other than friends.

As for TJ/Scott, well I can't see that ever happening. And I hope for my sanity it never does. That ship could be the McKeller of SGU IMO :eek: And that is so not a good thing :S Just like McKeller was in SGA, TJ/Scott would be a terrible match IMO :S

Now remember when I told you to keep your mind on that last one? Well this is the reason I refuse to fall into the shipping trap ever again on any show I watch from now on. They gave us these hints between them to get our hopes up and then.........BAM.......They rip our hearts out and feed them to the Lions :mckay: Not only did they destroy any possibility and hope we had for them but they also destroyed their friendship too. In S5 it was like they barely even tolerated one another :( So this is the reason I have turned into an anti shipper in SGU, Something I thought I'd never be :eek: :p

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Ah, but nobody said that they have to have a relationship. I'm more hoping for the idea that they had a relationship prior to the start of the show. That would give all sorts of colour and flavour to their interactions and conversations.

Like I said before, that would explain why she's always been able to read his body language and know when he'd been Telford-napped. It would also give us fans all sorts of fun dissecting their looks and touches (if any) they might share now that they're on the Destiny and have to deal with the fact that they're very, very far from home.

That reminds me of my favourite ship: Ben Krieg and Katie Hitchock from seaQuest DSV (the first good season).

Now if you disregard their age differences, there's still the fact that they're both military and have a huge disparity in their ranks (a Colonel vs 1st Lieutenant) and that brings all sorts of fraternization regs into play. How would someone like Greer, who seems to hold the chain of command as being sacred, deal with that?

I'm not fond of the idea of them sneaking off to sex in closets, since we have enough of that already. But the idea that they had done that before? I'm all over that.

Damn, oh well :p
That's alright, I have weaknesses. ;)

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Ah, but nobody said that they have to have a relationship. I'm more hoping for the idea that they had a relationship prior to the start of the show. That would give all sorts of colour and flavour to their interactions and conversations.

Like I said before, that would explain why she's always been able to read his body language and know when he'd been Telford-napped. It would also give us fans all sorts of fun dissecting their looks and touches (if any) they might share now that they're on the Destiny and have to deal with the fact that they're very, very far from home.

That reminds me of my favourite ship: Ben Krieg and Katie Hitchock from seaQuest DSV (the first good season).

Now if you disregard their age differences, there's still the fact that they're both military and have a huge disparity in their ranks (a Colonel vs 1st Lieutenant) and that brings all sorts of fraternization regs into play. How would someone like Greer, who seems to hold the chain of command as being sacred, deal with that?

I'm not fond of the idea of them sneaking off to sex in closets, since we have enough of that already. But the idea that they had done that before? I'm all over that.

That's alright, I have weaknesses. ;)

I just don't want it there at all, not past or present. I am adamant I am not shipping in SGU and I don't want them making it harder for me :S :p And the body switching, doesn't the confused looks and the personality changes kinda give it away :p

I um used to watch DSV and um can't remember them :o It was a long time ago though ;)

And the frat regs. I don't see Young as the kind of guy to diregard the frat regs which is another reason I can't see this happening *shrugs*

Sex in closets? Doesn't Scott already have that one down ;)

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 11:12 AM
And the body switching, doesn't the confused looks and the personality changes kinda give it away :p
Scott didn't get it and he was right there.

Sex in closets? Doesn't Scott already have that one down ;)
That's what I mean, there's enough of that already.

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Scott didn't get it and he was right there.

Maybe he isn't the brighest bulb in the box ;)

That's what I mean, there's enough of that already.

Well somehow I can't see Young sneaking off to closets to get a bit of nookie. He's way too mature for that kind of thing ;) He's not an adolescent.

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Well somehow I can't see Young sneaking off to closets to get a bit of nookie. He's way too mature for that kind of thing ;) He's not an adolescent.

Really? Where would you have him sneak off to to get some nookie? His room or hers?

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Really? Where would you have him sneak off to to get some nookie? His room or hers?

I don't think Young would sneak off anywhere to get a quick bit of nookie. Which is why I can't see TJ/Young having any kind of romantic liaison.

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I don't think Young would sneak off anywhere to get a quick bit of nookie. Which is why I can't see TJ/Young having any kind of romantic liaison.

Bah, you non-bait riser! Hmm. *plots* I will bring you around. Yes, soon you will see things my way, mwaha.

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Bah, you non-bait riser! Hmm. *plots* I will bring you around. Yes, soon you will see things my way, mwaha.

*snicker* You have to try harder than that to bait me :p And don't bother going to Jel for some pointers on what pushes my buttons :p

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 11:54 AM
*snicker* You have to try harder than that to bait me :p And don't bother going to Jel for some pointers on what pushes my buttons :p
>.>
<.<

Just remember: I haff vays opf making you talc.

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 02:05 PM
You know, I'm starting to think that maybe it will be just "they had a relationship". If Chloe/Scott will also turn out to be "doing things the other way around", as in first have sex and then get to know each other with romantic development, awkwardness, consequences etc. Well if that happens, I might believe that TPTB will have flashbacks of Young/TJ with the consequences and weirdness now following. So that would also be something different from the normal way/portrayal. Maybe TPTB realized their previous ship(s) were a disaster and decided "heck with it" will just do it the other way around, that might maybe work. They did not do that before, did they? Might be that they are trying that now? They certainly said there were going to be changes, didn't they?

I'm not getting my hopes up though. Too soon.

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I still haven't seen any indication in the eps so far to indicate a previous relationship between TJ/Young so until then I am gonna believe there is only friendship between them and hope that gets developed and they leave the UST out of it :D

>.>
<.<

Just remember: I haff vays opf making you talc.

I can be pretty stubborn :p

RowenaR
October 25th, 2009, 04:01 PM

Actually, I have the feeling that this is the case with TJ and Scott... and I find myself liking the idea. I'm not a big fan of Scott because for some reason I find him utterly uninteresting as a character but I like the little hints they have given us about the two of them being friends (like for example him calling out to her at the beginning of 'Air' when he needed a medic or when he said "You should have shipped out weeks ago. It's not right." in 'Darkness'). I'd love to see what happens between them when it's somehow revealed that TJ and Young had an affair and if Scott knew about that (my money is on no, he didn't).

OT: YES! Someone else who thinks like me! Whee!

How would someone like Greer, who seems to hold the chain of command as being sacred, deal with that?

My thoughts exactly... and the reason I wrote this practically right after watching 'Air1/2': Back In Line (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5440893/1/Back_In_Line)...

Maybe he isn't the brighest bulb in the box ;)

Sadly enough... I find myself thinking "Maybe? Pretty sure..." *coughs

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Actually, I have the feeling that this is the case with TJ and Scott... and I find myself liking the idea. I'm not a big fan of Scott because for some reason I find him utterly uninteresting as a character but I like the little hints they have given us about the two of them being friends (like for example him calling out to her at the beginning of 'Air' when he needed a medic or when he said "You should have shipped out weeks ago. It's not right." in 'Darkness'). I'd love to see what happens between them when it's somehow revealed that TJ and Young had an affair and if Scott knew about that (my money is on no, he didn't).

Yeah TJ/Scott seem to know each other pretty well in a strictly platonic sort of way. I just hope it stays that way and he doesn't go around the ship getting it off with every female he comes across :rolleyes: :p

And I am still not in the TJ/Young had an affair till it is spelled out in SGU in plain sight camp :p Nope. Not gonna happen. I can be pretty stubborn when I wanna be :p Now I'm gonna pray that it doesn't happen ;) I've never prayed before :eek:

I haven't seen anything in the 4 eps that have aired so far to indicate anything about an affair. No I haven't seen "Light" yet ;)

RowenaR
October 25th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah TJ/Scott seem to know each other pretty well in a strictly platonic sort of way. I just hope it stays that way and he doesn't go around the ship getting it off with every female he comes across :rolleyes: :p

So with you on that... but then these are Stargate writers who have a terrific track record with writing romance...

I haven't seen anything in the 4 eps that have aired so far to indicate anything about an affair. No I haven't seen "Light" yet ;)

I think you're just not seeing what you don't want to see :D But go on, if that works for you and makes you a happy little non-shipper... :D

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 04:35 PM
So with you on that... but then these are Stargate writers who have a terrific track record with writing romance...

Oh they have a tremendous track record when it comes to writing romance [end sarcasm] :p

I think you're just not seeing what you don't want to see :D But go on, if that works for you and makes you a happy little non-shipper... :D

*nods head* Makes me very happy. Makes it easier for this shipper to try and become a non shipper ;)

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I can be pretty stubborn :p
Sounds like a challenge *cracks knuckles* :D

OT: YES! Someone else who thinks like me! Whee!
Really? How so? Another Ben/Katie-er?

*nods head* Makes me very happy. Makes it easier for this shipper to try and become a non shipper ;)
Too late. You are one of us. You have been assimilated. Accept it and move on :)

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Sounds like a challenge *cracks knuckles* :D

Go for it :p Jel is the only one that's succeeded :p

Too late. You are one of us. You have been assimilated. Accept it and move on :)

I will not....comply...I will not com.....ply......

RowenaR
October 25th, 2009, 04:56 PM

Is your little world of non-shipping like mine where Harry Potter VII and Star Wars I - III don't exist?

Really? How so? Another Ben/Katie-er?

Yes :D I really hated it that they paired her up with another one each season... made her look a darn... youknowwhat :mckay:

What Cory said!

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hey. You guys/gals are stealing my super-original Borg assimilation joke. It's mine. Resistance is futile. You will comply! :p :p
;)

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Is your little world of non-shipping like mine where Harry Potter VII and Star Wars I - III don't exist?

Yep :D Star Wars I - III? I do not recognise that ;) Wasn't really a Harry Potter fan :o

Hey. You guys/gals are stealing my super-original Borg assimilation joke. It's mine. Resistance is futile. You will comply! :p :p
;)

I will not *gasp* comply...... *starts sweating*

RowenaR
October 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Yep :D Star Wars I - III? I do not recognise that ;) Wasn't really a Harry Potter fan :o

Well, DH (Deathly Hallows, seventh book) would have de-made you a fan, anyway... well, in the world where it exists, of course.

Yes, you will *hypnotic eyes

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Go for it :p Jel is the only one that's succeeded :p
*brow-lifts* Indeed? :cool:

She's weakening! Get her! *pounces*

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 05:05 PM
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2987/borgek.jpg

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Well, DH (Deathly Hallows, seventh book) would have de-made you a fan, anyway... well, in the world where it exists, of course.

Ah okay. Just like shipping in Stargate doesn't exist...except for Sam/Jack of course

:D

Yes, you will *hypnotic eyes

Don't wor on me...I'm immune :p

*brow-lifts* Indeed? :cool:

She's weakening! Get her! *pounces*

Are you Jel in disguise? *lifts eyebrow Teal'c style* :p

Well luckily for me I'll forget about it by tomorrow :p I'm not called little glodfish for nothing ;)

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 05:13 PM
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We are Borg.
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1020/borg2r.jpg

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yes :D I really hated it that they paired her up with another one each season... made her look a darn... youknowwhat :mckay:

Yeah, I hate that too. Ben and Katie had such good and natural chemistry in that first season. It makes me seek out fanfic where they hook up again.

Are you Jel in disguise? *lifts eyebrow Teal'c style* :p

*rips off Jel-mask* Nope, I'm all me! 100% all-natural Canuck, no exceptions!

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:18 PM
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We are Borg.
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1020/borg2r.jpg

I'm not scared of a Rubik cube :p

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I'm not scared of a Rubik cube :p

No? Damn. *puts away his Rubik's Cube of Mass Destruction* And I wanted to use it! :p

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:23 PM
No? Damn. *puts away his Rubik's Cube of Mass Destruction* And I wanted to use it! :p

:lol: I'm sure you'll find something else to use ;)

RowenaR
October 25th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Ah okay. Just like shipping in Stargate doesn't exist...except for Sam/Jack of course

Exactly :D

Don't wor on me...I'm immune :p

We'll see about that [/monty burns]

Yeah, I hate that too. Ben and Katie had such good and natural chemistry in that first season. It makes me seek out fanfic where they hook up again.

Eh, me too...

amz_123
October 26th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Just popped in to let everyone know that I've started a TJ/Young LJ ship comm :D

TJ/Young @ Livejournal (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young)

Open for everything TJ/Young... Also looking for a co-mod...

Jper
October 26th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the notice! :)

However, I did not start this thread to let it become a "ship thread", although, sadly enough this thread has been moved to the C&R folder. You might need to find the Young/TJ Ship thread to have more response. If this thread even already exist. It was my intention when I started this thread to allow room for shippers, non-shippers, friendshippers etc. all to point out our different views on things. :) I really am not chasing you away, far from, I was just pointing that you might take the opportunity to simultaneously start a "ship thread" in the C&R folder for them. That's why I wanted to keep this thread in the SGU Folder, but seems it has been moved by the moderators to the C&R folder. :)

J.

Linda06
October 26th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Just popped in to let everyone know that I've started a TJ/Young LJ ship comm :D

TJ/Young @ Livejournal (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young)

Open for everything TJ/Young... Also looking for a co-mod...

Not. Going. To.Cave. Not *gasp* Going. To. Cave :S

Thanks for the notice! :)

However, I did not start this thread to let it become a "ship thread", although, sadly enough this thread has been moved to the C&R folder. You might need to find the Young/TJ Ship thread to have more response. If this thread even already exist. It was my intention when I started this thread to allow room for shippers, non-shippers, friendshippers etc. all to point out our different views on things. :) I really am not chasing you away, far from, I was just pointing that you might take the opportunity to simultaneously start a "ship thread" in the C&R folder for them. That's why I wanted to keep this thread in the SGU Folder, but seems it has been moved by the moderators to the C&R folder. :)

J.

I don't think there is a TJ/Young ship thread yet. As far as I am aware there's only this thread and a friendship thread ;)

But it is nice to come in here and express your hopes (what's left of it anyways), fears and what you would like to see and your opinions being respected :D

It's not that I wouldn't like to see ship in SGU but after what's happened in the past on stargate I fear these current PTB do not have it in them to write it out with any thought . SGA turned me into an anti shipper :eek: And I liked being a shipper *cries* I still ship people from shows before SGA went to hell in a hand basket but from that day forward I have taken a vow of celibacy (also known as not gonna get sucked into a ship ever again just so they can rip out what's left of my heart :eek:)

Cory Holmes
October 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Not. Going. To.Cave. Not *gasp* Going. To. Cave :S

Doooooooo it. I'll even let you borrow some of my climbing/caving gear if it'd help :)

Linda06
October 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Doooooooo it. I'll even let you borrow some of my climbing/caving gear if it'd help :)

:rolleyes: Well if I do cave I won't need climbing gear cause I like it down here in the gutter :D

I am not shipping them until I see how they write it (if they do go with this which i'm still not convinced they'll do), If and it's a big IF given their past history with writing ships, If the writing is up to scratch them I may consider my stance but until then I am staying on the non shipper side ;)

Jper
October 26th, 2009, 09:54 AM
No one in this thread has really answered how big, or what exactly, the impact of this ship would be on SGU. On the storyline, on the fan-community. Imagine they really do create the ship, or really don't create the ship, will it make much difference? Will this ship really ruin or make SGU? What are the big advantages, the big benefits, and would be the real disadvantages? Should they really work it in? Or leave it as B-plot? Would it matter to you? Don't forget that these are main characters, the medic and the Colonel, it would certainly change things. Look how things went for SGA and SG1. The impact of McKeller, respectively Sam/Jack was huge. Don't you think? Would this be the same, or wouldn't it? Because of the manner in which this relationship is build-up, as an affair that has already happened? And because there are more than four main characters this time. There are a lot of characters on SGU. Second-line characters get more attention, as well. Probably one of the reasons why some people think the plot is slow or that they need too much time. They needed to develop background for a lot of characters. Will this change the impact of one particular ship, like this one?

Also do you like the way TPTB might possibly do things the "other way around". As in develop present, future and past/history at the same time. We have flashblacks mixed with the current already confirmed development, and mixed with the new development, information added in each episode.

Something to think about?

Linda06
October 26th, 2009, 11:59 AM
No one in this thread has really answered how big, or what exactly, the impact of this ship would be on SGU. On the storyline, on the fan-community. Imagine they really do create the ship, or really don't create the ship, will it make much difference? Will this ship really ruin or make SGU? What are the big advantages, the big benefits, and would be the real disadvantages? Should they really work it in? Or leave it as B-plot? Would it matter to you? Don't forget that these are main characters, the medic and the Colonel, it would certainly change things. Look how things went for SGA and SG1. The impact of McKeller, respectively Sam/Jack was huge. Don't you think? Would this be the same, or wouldn't it? Because of the manner in which this relationship is build-up, as an affair that has already happened? And because there are more than four main characters this time. There are a lot of characters on SGU. Second-line characters get more attention, as well. Probably one of the reasons why some people think the plot is slow or that they need too much time. They needed to develop background for a lot of characters. Will this change the impact of one particular ship, like this one?

Also do you like the way TPTB might possibly do things the "other way around". As in develop present, future and past/history at the same time. We have flashblacks mixed with the current already confirmed development, and mixed with the new development, information added in each episode.

Something to think about?

http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_774.gif

I think my brain just went into meltdown :eek: :p

If they did write it into the storyline I think it'd be better more in the background than up front and centre...More subtle like Sam/Jack, not inyerface like McKeller.

What I would like to see is them not having an affair in the past, but after a few months on that darn ship seeing them become closer as a result and a developing relationship. Personally I would rather see this than see a stupid affair *shrugs*Let Scott be the one having affairs and going around with almost every female he sets his sights on. Write TJ/Young as a mature relationship. No breaking frat regs with a junior officer, no sneaking behind your wifes back having affairs. After a few months on the ship one can't expect them to still follow the frat regs and I believe Youngs wife won't wait around that long so this will free him up and he and TJ seem quite close already so please juts write a meaningful and mature relatio0nship for once and not some frat boy fantasy :rolleyes:

This is what would get me to ship them. Not stupid affairs that happened in the past.

But please don't do what you did to Sam/Jack and have them run around their feelings for years....I mean it was literally years :S And please don't get them together from no where, outta left field like you did with McKeller with zero, zilch, no previous development. Please for the love of my sanity learn from your previous mistakes :S

Jper
October 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
That isn't exactly fair for TJ now is it? She's just waiting for Young? It would be realistic though. You can't really control who you love. :) And people would wait for someone they love to love them back. Could be interesting.

Linda06
October 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
That isn't exactly fair for TJ now is it? She's just waiting for Young? It would be realistic though. You can't really control who you love. :) And people would wait for someone they love to love them back. Could be interesting.

I didn't say she was waiting :p Just that they seem to be quite good friends and after being stranded on a ship millions of light years from home could bring them closer together ;)

Jper
October 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah, but it seems like Young is avoiding her, or at least being alone and close with her. So she might move and start something with someone else because she thinks he really loves his wife and wants to rekindle things with his wife. If those stupid stones had not been there I don't think Young would be holding on like that, but now it seems like he is holding on. While his wife is definitely planning on moving on without him it seems. That affair must have created a serious gap between them.

Cory Holmes
October 26th, 2009, 08:16 PM
If you stop and think about it, could this 'ship be the PTBs way of showing us how Jack and Sam would NOT have worked? With all the frat rules, personality conflicts, and (possible) favouritism from the leader (Colonel Young) in regards to the subordonate (TJ), could this be showing us how hooking those two up in SG-1 is a terrible, terrible idea?

We won't really know more until more of the show airs, but it's worth thinking about.

Indoctrinated
October 27th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Okay, this is the way I see things between TJ and Young:

Yes, they had a past relationship and, from what I've understood or at least interpreted (note: this is how I see things, I don't expect everyone to see eye to eye with me on this), the affair that they had seemed particularly serious. TJ genuinely seems to care for Young which implies that this wasn't necessarily a one-time-only, spur of the moment thing. At least on TJ's end, it had been building up for awhile. As far I've seen Young react, he's either avoided being alone with her (Doesn't want to be? Can't trust himself to be alone with her? Doesn't know what she wants?) or ignored her all together, except when he went after her in Air during the evacuation.

What this means for them now, unlike the way we've seen done with other SG ships, is how they play the aftermath of such a relationship. Normally we're used to unresolved sexual tension and hints of attraction and flirting. All that's done and gone. They know they're attracted to each other, they knew, at least at one point, that they wanted one another, and yes, most likely they still care for one another to some extent.

Louis Ferreira described his and TJ's relationship in an interview as one based on mutual protection and understanding of one another. What did Young do in Light? He ordered TJ aboard the shuttle. I understand it was a logical choice because she was a medic, but who's to say there wasn't some selfish motive in there for him as well? At the time, that was her best chance to survive. I expect there will be further examples of how they will play that sort of dynamic, but the combination of Young's wife basically telling him it was over and the symbolic removal of his wedding ring in Light makes me think TPTB might be willing to take a resolved affair and a borderline friendship back into the romantic arena.

Of course there's the fraternization issue to consider, and I'm certain that if Wray ever gets confirmation about who TJ was protecting (not that I don't think she suspects already, what with that little eyebrow raise she gave Young when she asked him about TJ's commission) it's going to create a major shift in power depending on how and when she uses it. In an alliance with Telford, it could be used as evidence that Young isn't fit for command. In contrast, Wray could use it to control TJ, given the fact that her position as Chief Medical Officer is certain to hold a lot of weight aboard the Destiny.

Honestly, I think we're going to find out - which ever way the dice land - that in a conflict TJ and Young will end up on the same side of it based on their past together, and that whatever happens to either character is bound to affect the other in some way. TPTB has inextricably linked these two together in a way they haven't with previous characters, so how they play these two in combination is certainly going to be interesting. Add on top of that, we've got a constant play for power between three people, so any leverage they can find against one another is bound to be used.

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I was just rewatching Air II and came across this little tidbit:

When Young and TJ were in the bedroom talking about his condition (the non-walking bits after getting your head whacked by flying across the room) he started talking about her scholarship.

TJ: Seattle. That's where my scholarship was.
Young: I'm sorry.
TJ: That part's not your fault.

Emphasis is mine, but when you take that scene with the earlier one she had with Camille Wray, where Wray points out that two weeks previous TJ had said that Icarus Base was the best job she'd ever had. Then she requested a transfer and now is saying that her being marooned on Destiny wasn't Young's fault, yet the way she said it makes me think that she holds Young at fault for somethings else.

Hmmmmmmmm.

amz_123
October 27th, 2009, 04:34 AM

When Young and TJ were in the bedroom talking about his condition (the non-walking bits after getting your head whacked by flying across the room) he started talking about her scholarship.

Emphasis is mine, but when you take that scene with the earlier one she had with Camille Wray, where Wray points out that two weeks previous TJ had said that Icarus Base was the best job she'd ever had. Then she requested a transfer and now is saying that her being marooned on Destiny wasn't Young's fault, yet the way she said it makes me think that she holds Young at fault for somethings else.

Hmmmmmmmm.

You know what, I just did the same thing and I was just coming on here to point it out. I replayed all the eps so far of the TJ/Young bits to have a look at there interactions and that scene really stuck out and made me go hmmmmmm too. Also, during the evacuation when she's attendig to Doctor Simms and he tries to get her to leave, he finally gets her attention by calling her Tamara (first names. military.).
I also get the impression that what they had wasn't a one time thing. Even though Young seems to be kind of awkward avoidy with her they still seem fairly comfortable with each other (her sitting on his bed in Air when he wakes up struck me as odd, rather close and personal the first time I watched, before I started shipping). He does seem protective of her (ordering her onto the shuttle even though yes I agree she was a duh choice), and she could tell the difference between Telford and Young straight away (that's another thing that really caught my attention, also TJ sedating Telford ahhhh, best. scene. ever.). From the indications they've given us, it seems to me that they genuinely care for each other and the affair might have been a bit deeper than just a fling.
As for what is to come I too would like TPTB to handle this as a mature relationship and not quickies in the closet and not rush straight back into it. For those that argue frat regs, well yes I agree that they were breaking them on Icarus and obviously they wised up and broke it off, but hello they're on the other side of the universe in an unknown ship filled with inexperienced people and they're not getting home any time soon (that'd make for a short show), yeah they're in the military but they're humans, a bloody long way from home. Also, I reckon Young needs someone close to him, someone to keep him 'human', someone he can let himself get close to. He's the leader of this bunch of randoms in a totally 'unique' situation. The only other people that come close to him in terms of power levels is Rush (but he's not trusted, nor does anyone clearly listen to him) or Camille (she's IOA and clearly she has problems with him anyway, esp to regards of him and TJ with she obviously frowns upon). The closest other rank is Lt!
I really hope TPTB handle this relationship in a proper way, and actually make it a relationship.

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 04:58 AM
also TJ sedating Telford ahhhh, best. scene. ever.).
Indeed :tealc:

I really hope TPTB handle this relationship in a proper way, and actually make it a relationship.
Also indeed. I'm also hoping it'll come across better than any of the other relationships that have been attempted on previous Stargates...

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah, but what if they don't? What if it just stays with an affair?
Also, would there really be a big impact on the series in general?
As you (general) can hear and see on this forum there are adamant opposers to any romantic relationship on SGU, so?

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, but what if they don't? What if it just stays with an affair?
I'm fine with that part, too. That could lead to some interesting character clashes between the two on a level much more personal than officer and subordonate. If nothing else, it'll give all the ficcers some much needed angst to fuel their fics with :)

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah, but it seems like Young is avoiding her, or at least being alone and close with her. So she might move and start something with someone else because she thinks he really loves his wife and wants to rekindle things with his wife. If those stupid stones had not been there I don't think Young would be holding on like that, but now it seems like he is holding on. While his wife is definitely planning on moving on without him it seems. That affair must have created a serious gap between them.

We dn't know if there ever was an affair yet. It's never been said outright or anything in any of the eps yet so it's still all conjecture.

But what I'm trying to say is, she isn't waiting on him. She doesn't even like him romantically yet. But as the months go by they grow closer together and start to form a bond. I can't see Young pining for his wife for that long, not after she wanted to kick him to the kerb so quickly. I think their marriage would essentially be over my then so It wouldn't be some lewd affair. This I could get behind. I'd rather see a friendship and bond develop between them.

After all Scott has the lewd affairs down to a T :p

This is just my opinion on what I would like to see and not fact ;)

If you stop and think about it, could this 'ship be the PTBs way of showing us how Jack and Sam would NOT have worked? With all the frat rules, personality conflicts, and (possible) favouritism from the leader (Colonel Young) in regards to the subordonate (TJ), could this be showing us how hooking those two up in SG-1 is a terrible, terrible idea?

We won't really know more until more of the show airs, but it's worth thinking about.

Of course Jack/Sam worked...They're together now, might have took them a while........A long long long long while but they got there in the end :p *snicker* *runs away from Cory*

Hmmmmmmmm.

Well until we find out for sure I'm still not convinced there was anything between TJ/Young :p nanananana.....Not falling for it :p

I think TJ does have a secret (that much is pretty obvious, even for me :p) and I do think Young knows what it is but until they come out and outright say they were having an affair I'm staying in denial *climbs back into denial bubble* :D

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 11:33 AM
*pricks denial bubble* ba-FWOOOOOSH! Oh I'm sorry, did I do that?

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 11:45 AM
*pricks denial bubble* ba-FWOOOOOSH! Oh I'm sorry, did I do that?

:mckay: Just as well I've got a spare :D And it's unprickable :p Um that doesn't sound right :eek:

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 11:47 AM
And it's unprickable :p Um that doesn't sound right :eek:
Mwahaha. I have you now! :cool:

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Mwahaha. I have you now! :cool:

Oh haha...I'll send Greer onto you :p

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Oh haha...I'll send Greer onto you :p

That's easy: I'll just distract him with Telford and the moron from Darkness who's name escapes me. By the time he's finished beating them to a pulp, you'll be in my grasp :D

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 01:20 PM
That's easy: I'll just distract him with Telford and the moron from Darkness who's name escapes me. By the time he's finished beating them to a pulp, you'll be in my grasp :D

Can you send McKay to him too :D

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Please don't completely derail this thread?

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 01:24 PM

*pouts* But....But....That's what I live for :p

And I'm all out of speculations :p I think I dried my brain up :eek:

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah, but that's because all the good things still have to come. So which episode are we waiting for? Time, Earth and ???

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah, but that's because all the good things still have to come. So which episode are we waiting for? Time, Earth and ???

Light :p Yeah I haven't seen that one yet ;) I'm watching the uncensored version tomorrow night :D

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 01:37 PM
What do you mean uncensored version? Are there censored and uncensored versions?

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 02:30 PM
What do you mean uncensored version? Are there censored and uncensored versions?

Yep. It gets aired on Sky1 on Tuesday at 8pm and because it is before the 9pm watershed time anything that they deem too adult for viewers is therefore cut from the ep. It gets repeated on Wednesday on Sky2 at 9pm and they show the full version then :rolleyes:

Don't ask why, we haven't figured that out yet ;) I don't know what an hours difference makes :rolleyes:

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Oh, I hadn't realized yet you were from the U.K. :o
Well, no, no Young/TJ in "Light"

Seriously which other episode was it again that should have more info?

slurredspeech
October 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I hope they don't take it much past good ol' UST. Simply because I like these two characters both seperately and together, and actually think they have chemistry.

This is why I wouldn't like TPTB to meddle with them too much. Save for a few times they got it right way way way back when, they still have a lot to prove when it comes to ship.

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I was wondering, just a few minutes ago, again, about what will happen to this whole Young/TJ "thing"... And then, I started wondering, since triangles seem to be the new thing on SGU, will they make this into a triangle as well. You (general) are saying that Young and his wife will split up, but what if they don't. So then it would Young-Wife and Young-TJ. At least if TJ hasn't any other interests.

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 03:07 PM

I'm from Scotland :D

Um I haven't been reading many spoilers so I don't know what ep it is.

I hope they don't take it much past good ol' UST. Simply because I like these two characters both seperately and together, and actually think they have chemistry.

This is why I wouldn't like TPTB to meddle with them too much. Save for a few times they got it right way way way back when, they still have a lot to prove when it comes to ship.

This is why I don't want them meddling with these characters, I like Young and I'm growing to like TJ and I don't want TPTB to ruin their characters for me which is why I'm desperately hoping they only develop and strong friendship between them :D I don't trust TPTB to write romance between them without screwing it up.

I was wondering, just a few minutes ago, again, about what will happen to this whole Young/TJ "thing"... And then, I started wondering, since triangles seem to be the new thing on SGU, will they make this into a triangle as well. You (general) are saying that Young and his wife will split up, but what if they don't. So then it would Young-Wife and Young-TJ. At least if TJ hasn't any other interests.

NO...No more triangles of doom. I hope for my sanity they learned from the mess they created on SGA :S I am still not believing there is gonna be anything romantic between TJ/Young :D *climbs back into denial bubble*

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Well about the triangles, they now already have a quadrangle.
James/Scott/Chloe/Eli so no hope, really.

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Well about the triangles, they now already have a quadrangle.
James/Scott/Chloe/Eli so no hope, really.

Aye but I don't care about them :p

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, but if it is any indication at how ships will be handle in SGU then it isn't a good sign. :( *snif* And I was so hopeful. *snif*

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/KellerSmiliesZuz/keller02.gifhttp://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/KellerSmiliesZuz/keller02.gifhttp://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/KellerSmiliesZuz/keller02.gif

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I suppose we could. *heaves sigh* I suspect this thread will get more lively once new episodes air and we get more information. Until then, all we've got is each other and fanfic, and even then I've only found one TJ/Young fic.

New question, people. Why do we always refer to TJ by her given name or initials but refer to Young by his last name? Is it an extension of the rank issues on the show or what?

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I suppose we could. *heaves sigh* I suspect this thread will get more lively once new episodes air and we get more information. Until then, all we've got is each other and fanfic, and even then I've only found one TJ/Young fic.

New question, people. Why do we always refer to TJ by her given name or initials but refer to Young by his last name? Is it an extension of the rank issues on the show or what?

But until then I am staying in my little bubble of denial :D

Because I can never remember his first name and TJ is easier to spell than her last name :p

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 03:23 PM

Oh yeah you're quite right. This thread will get more lively later on. I just hope it doesn't turn into a ship thread. That's why I liked it more in the SGU folder.
Anyway, we can still speculate, can't we? I love to speculate. Keeps me busy and hopefull.

Also I think it is just because in the show itself people call Tamara TJ and call Young, Colonel or Colonel Young. So we/I just adopt that. However I still think it's nice to know their full names and mention it in the thread title. :) And so I did. At least I got the thread title nice and right, don't you think? For my first thread.

Or what Linda said:

Because I can never remember his first name and TJ is easier to spell than her last name :p

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, you seemed to cover all the bases in the title. This way it's easier for us to derail it and then point at the title: "But it's up there!" :p

Personally, I think I'm rooting for them to NOT turn into a full-blown relationship. I like a little bit of angst and interplay between my ship-ees :)

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, but if it is any indication at how ships will be handle in SGU then it isn't a good sign. :( *snif* And I was so hopeful. *snif*

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/KellerSmiliesZuz/keller02.gifhttp://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/KellerSmiliesZuz/keller02.gifhttp://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/KellerSmiliesZuz/keller02.gif

Oh I lost hope in these guys ability to write romance after what happened with SGA :S

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Oh I lost hope in these guys ability to write romance after what happened with SGA :S

Yeah, but wasn't SGU supposed to be different? And admittedly it was different. No?

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah, but wasn't SGU supposed to be different? And admittedly it was different. No?

Yes it was supposed to be different, but I question these guys ability to write romance without it turning into a disaster or a childish frat boy fantasy. Like slurredspeech said, they still have a lot to prove when it comes to writing ship.

I would have preferred them to write a mature, wonderfully developed relationship between two characters for a change. Now that would be different ;)

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
However, I must admit I liked the idea of Jennifer/Rodney.

So then I thought that maybe the would have realized that the concept wasn't that bad just the execution, the triangle thing for example. I was so full of hope. *snif*

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
However, I must admit I liked the idea of Jennifer/Rodney.

So then I thought that maybe the would have realized that the concept wasn't that bad just the execution, the triangle thing for example. I was so full of hope. *snif*

That's where we differ cause I hated it. It cam completely outta left field IMO. While Jacl/Sam at times got over developed. SG-1 went one wat and they went the complete opposite in SGA so I have not got a lot of hope that they can actually get it right in SGU :S

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM
That's where we differ cause I hated it. It cam completely outta left field IMO. While Jacl/Sam at times got over developed. SG-1 went one wat and they went the complete opposite in SGA so I have not got a lot of hope that they can actually get it right in SGU :S

Yeah, the appearance on screen came somewhat out of nowhere, but I'm talking about the concept/idea of Jennifer/Rodney. That I liked. What was on screen, not so much. I just like to imagine we got all the character development off-screen in fanfic and in my mind. :)

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah, the appearance on screen came somewhat out of nowhere, but I'm talking about the concept/idea of Jennifer/Rodney. That I liked. What was on screen, not so much. I just like to imagine we got all the character development off-screen in fanfic and in my mind. :)

It may be because I can't stand Rodney that I couldn't stand this ship. It may be because they pretty much destroyed John/Teyla in S5 that I had a lot of anger and resentment and I took it out on McKeller cause it should have been John/Teyla like they had planned at the beginning but they destroyed their friendship in S5 so I was pretty pissed and very bitter towards them :o Now I'm at the point that I don't give a rats ass about SGA anymore and I'm happier for it :D

I just don't want them destroying Young and TJ the way they destroyed JT. Especially Teyla, that stupid pregnancy story destroyed what was left of her character and gave them an excuse to sideline her even more in S5. I don't want the same thing to happen to TJ :(

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah I don't want them to destroy TJ/Young either. I will much rather have fanfic about them getting together than having them getting together on screen horribly.

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah I don't want them to destroy TJ/Young either. I will much rather have fanfic about them getting together than having them getting together on screen horribly.

That is my biggest fear. That is why I am so reluctant for them to have a relationship. I don't want another character I like from stargate to be destroyed by these guys :S

Now I gots tae get to bed :p

amz_123
October 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM

Spencer. That scene was win too :D
if they don't make the relationship between TJ/Young a relationship, then I personally think they'll have wasted a good opportunity for a good romantic ship (with a bit of deepness, background and substance unlike say Chloe/Matt, which I'm not against but it ain't my main ship atm) but I also think it will lead to a pretty good friendship (either that or it'll make for great UST and fics :). I think if the previous affair it revealed to the rest of the crew, I think Young may lose a bit of respect from Greer, but I don't think he'd lose power from it all (apart from like Spencer, the man guys, Scott and Greer seem extremely loyal to Young and great friends with TJ). Camille would def try use it against him and esp Telford would too (I think it'd be interestIng if this came up in the plot).

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Camille would def try use it against him and esp Telford would too (I think it'd be interestIng if this came up in the plot).
See, this is exactly the sort of thing I'm hoping with this affair/ship. It could give us all sorts of cool plots and drama that doesn't necessarily involve single-note guitar motifs and wailing pianos. Of course, any sex scene with TJ in it is automatically awesome in my book :cool:

Linda06
October 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I'm still denying there has even been an affair till I see outright proof in an upcoming ep :D And no spoilers don't count :p

Jper
October 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah, but I bet you would forget you saw those spoilers anyway. :p

Cory Holmes
October 28th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I'm still denying there has even been an affair till I see outright proof in an upcoming ep :D And no spoilers don't count :p

*scribbles the spoilers in big block letters on a white board, then holds it in front of Linda's face* You cannot deny The Spoilers!

Linda06
October 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but I bet you would forget you saw those spoilers anyway. :p

Yep :D The advantage of having a memory like a goldfish :D

*scribbles the spoilers in big block letters on a white board, then holds it in front of Linda's face* You cannot deny The Spoilers!

Yes I can :p I'm a Scot, we're known for our stubbornness :p

Cory Holmes
October 28th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yes I can :p I'm a Scot, we're known for our stubbornness :p

You lie! And I know this because you keep coming back to this thread. Your words may say something, but we all know that you're one of us already. :p

Linda06
October 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
You lie! And I know this because you keep coming back to this thread. Your words may say something, but we all know that you're one of us already. :p

I keep coming back to wind you up :p

Cory Holmes
October 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I keep coming back to wind you up :p

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure. We all believe that, don't we? :p

Linda06
October 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure. We all believe that, don't we? :p

Tis the truth http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/angels/sc_3170.gif

Just watched Light and still nothing to indicate any kind of affair :p

Cory Holmes
October 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Tis the truth http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/angels/sc_3170.gif

Just watched Light and still nothing to indicate any kind of affair :p
I still hold her ability to know when he's been body-napped as proof of, if not an affair, then some time spent in seriously close quarters for her to pick up on that kind of body langauge.

And seriously? Halo? Does anyone here believe that? :p

Linda06
October 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I still hold her ability to know when he's been body-napped as proof of, if not an affair, then some time spent in seriously close quarters for her to pick up on that kind of body langauge.

And seriously? Halo? Does anyone here believe that? :p

And it has absolutely nothing to do with him being all confused when he returns :p

Of course they believe me :D *slips them all a tenner each*

Cory Holmes
October 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM
And it has absolutely nothing to do with him being all confused when he returns :p
Not at all. How did you know that? :p

Oh, and no, they don't believe you. Word spreads quickly 'round these parts. :)

Cory Holmes
October 29th, 2009, 05:25 AM
And on another note, I just saw this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbBhvpFqUoo and noticed that at 1:57 there is a new shot that we hadn't seen before.

Linda? Care to comment on this one? :p

Linda06
October 29th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Not at all. How did you know that? :p

Oh, and no, they don't believe you. Word spreads quickly 'round these parts. :)

Oh I don't know, cause the confused look kinda clued me in? :p

:mckay: Damn I gotta talk to Jel about spreading these lies about me :p

And on another note, I just saw this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbBhvpFqUoo and noticed that at 1:57 there is a new shot that we hadn't seen before.

Linda? Care to comment on this one? :p

I didn't see nuthin :D

Cory Holmes
October 29th, 2009, 11:36 AM
In that case, you're blind-er than I am :p

Linda06
October 29th, 2009, 11:49 AM
In that case, you're blind-er than I am :p

:D *snuggles further into denial bubble*

Cory Holmes
October 29th, 2009, 12:06 PM
:D *snuggles further into denial bubble*

*pulls out a chainsaw* Wanna step out of the bubble for a second? You need a new window :) This would be so much easier if you just gave in and joined us. Jooooooooin us...

Linda06
October 29th, 2009, 12:21 PM
*pulls out a chainsaw* Wanna step out of the bubble for a second? You need a new window :) This would be so much easier if you just gave in and joined us. Jooooooooin us...

*shakes head* Nu uh. Nope..Not joining you :p Not with these PTB's in charge. Now if they bring in new writers who can actually write romance without it turning into a farce or godawful then I'll change my mind :D But I don't trust these guys anymore to write romance into stargate and I ain't falling into their trap again just for them to rip my heart right out of my chest :D

Cory Holmes
October 29th, 2009, 12:26 PM
*shakes head* Nu uh. Nope..Not joining you :p Not with these PTB's in charge. Now if they bring in new writers who can actually write romance without it turning into a farce or godawful then I'll change my mind :D But I don't trust these guys anymore to write romance into stargate and I ain't falling into their trap again just for them to rip my heart right out of my chest :D

In time, you will see the light. You will join us when evidence of their pairing becomes known to one and all (also known as showing us on the frickin' show! :p).

That being said, I do agree with you about the PTBs track record when it comes to romance. They seem to do angst kinda well though, so that's a good thing. Plus from what I've read, the writers for SGU are new ones and not really part of the Old School team.

Linda06
October 29th, 2009, 02:17 PM
In time, you will see the light. You will join us when evidence of their pairing becomes known to one and all (also known as showing us on the frickin' show! :p).

That being said, I do agree with you about the PTBs track record when it comes to romance. They seem to do angst kinda well though, so that's a good thing. Plus from what I've read, the writers for SGU are new ones and not really part of the Old School team.

If and it's a big if, If they do write romance for them and if they do it justice then I will reconsider stance on ships but until then I'm staying away from ship :D They already destroyed SGA for me, I don't want them doing the same with SGU :eek: ;)

Aye true, at least JM and PM aren't in charge now and MG has moved on :D But most of the writers there are guys that's been with stargate for years.

Jper
October 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Is that a new clip? Never saw that one before.

:D :lol: If you did not see nothing that would mean you saw something. Don't you mean I did not see something/anything.

I did read there were some new writers:

New writers:

1x13- Faith: Denis McGrath (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0992633/)
1x14- Human: Jeff Vlaming (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0900599/)
1x16- Sabotage: Barbara Marshall

Link (http://static.titanmagazines.com/promotions/pdf/Stargate_Magazine_Sampler.pdf)

Indoctrinated
October 29th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Is that a new clip? Never saw that one before.

It's not 'new', per se. I don't think that trailer's been posted here on GW yet, but the trailer was released at Comic-Con, so yeah, not new exactly.

amz_123
October 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM

Oh well here you go then...
http://pics.livejournal.com/amzzzziohi/pic/00001wtf
http://pics.livejournal.com/amzzzziohi/pic/00002072

Cory Holmes
October 30th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Yes! Supporters of my "Convert Linda" crusade! ;)

While I've activly avoided shipping canon couples of almost every TV show I've ever watched, this TJ/Young business helps to make Universe the one show that I base my whole week around :D :D :D *checks calander* Is it Friday yet? Dammit. *checks calendar* Is it Friday yet? Dammit. *checks calendar* Is it..." well, you get the idea. I haven't been like this since early S1 of Atlantis.

Anyone else feel this way?

Linda06
October 30th, 2009, 08:22 AM
:D :lol: If you did not see nothing that would mean you saw something. Don't you mean I did not see something/anything.

I did not see anything :D *takes off very dark glasses*

I did read there were some new writers:

*rubs eyes* Is that a......a.......woman in there :eek: Well there is hope :D :p

Oh well here you go then...
http://pics.livejournal.com/amzzzziohi/pic/00001wtf
http://pics.livejournal.com/amzzzziohi/pic/00002072

*puts very dark glasses back on* huh? There's nothing in the spoilers :confused: :p

Yes! Supporters of my "Convert Linda" crusade! ;)

While I've activly avoided shipping canon couples of almost every TV show I've ever watched, this TJ/Young business helps to make Universe the one show that I base my whole week around :D :D :D *checks calander* Is it Friday yet? Dammit. *checks calendar* Is it Friday yet? Dammit. *checks calendar* Is it..." well, you get the idea. I haven't been like this since early S1 of Atlantis.

:D You will fail :p But seriously (yes I can be serious on occasion :p) Maybe I will change my mind if it happens, but the one thing I don't want is a previous affair between them, I don't want Young cheating on his wife like that and breaking the frat regs, but after a few months stuck who knows where they can't really expect them to continue to follow these rules. I wouldn't have a problem with that :)

I haven't been like that since SG-1 :D I used to like SGA but now I hate it :(

senatorincitatus
October 30th, 2009, 08:27 AM

I do. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a shipper, in that I'd be just as happy with a well-written deep friendship as a romance, but I'm fascinated by what we've seen of their relationship. They seem to mean a lot to each other, and I really like that, and I want to know more. I was actively disappointed that there wasn't more between them in Light, which has pretty much never happened to me before. And at the same time, I really like that's what between them is quiet and remains just between them.

Part of it, I think, is that fictional affairs are almost never treated as being about three people. You can usually count on one of the three involved being evil, or cruel, or a cad, or a slut, or a homewrecker. The three involved here seem to be really decent folks. Don't know much about Emily yet, though I have a hard time believing Young would love her if she weren't a good person. But I find Young and TJ both to be downright admirable so far. It doesn't jive with what TV taught me about people who have affairs (who would've thought the TV would lie, right?), and I am completely intrigued by the possibility of the subject being portrayed with some measure of realism.

amz_123
October 30th, 2009, 04:16 PM
*puts very dark glasses back on* huh? There's nothing in the spoilers :confused: :p

:D You will fail :p But seriously (yes I can be serious on occasion :p) Maybe I will change my mind if it happens, but the one thing I don't want is a previous affair between them, I don't want Young cheating on his wife like that and breaking the frat regs, but after a few months stuck who knows where they can't really expect them to continue to follow these rules. I wouldn't have a problem with that :)

I haven't been like that since SG-1 :D I used to like SGA but now I hate it :(

But these pics are actual solid PROOF! It's something you can SEE not just read about :D

Can I do a happy happy joy joy party dance when it happens :D?

Part of it, I think, is that fictional affairs are almost never treated as being about three people. You can usually count on one of the three involved being evil, or cruel, or a cad, or a slut, or a homewrecker. The three involved here seem to be really decent folks. Don't know much about Emily yet, though I have a hard time believing Young would love her if she weren't a good person. But I find Young and TJ both to be downright admirable so far. It doesn't jive with what TV taught me about people who have affairs (who would've thought the TV would lie, right?), and I am completely intrigued by the possibility of the subject being portrayed with some measure of realism.

I too am intrigued by the realism that would be portrayed of there affair...

Cory Holmes
October 30th, 2009, 04:57 PM
(who would've thought the TV would lie, right?

*gasp* *shock* B-but... it couldn't lie! It wouldn't lie! You're pulling my leg, right?

Linda06
October 31st, 2009, 06:41 AM
But these pics are actual solid PROOF! It's something you can SEE not just read about :D

Can I do a happy happy joy joy party dance when it happens :D?

I too am intrigued by the realism that would be portrayed of there affair...

Until we actually see the scene on screen we don't know what the context is. It may not be an affair (that would make me happy ;)), It may be something completely fdifferent from what we see in the trailer, we just don't really know until we actually see it for real :)

Well If you're happy with it then by all means do a happy dance ;)

Jper
October 31st, 2009, 07:27 AM
In all honesty, Linda, you're just ignoring the other facts again, no? Didn't the actors pretty much confirm they had, and maybe still have, that's not so certain, but certainly had an affair. :) I don't mind if you do, but don't go spoiling others now.

Linda06
October 31st, 2009, 07:44 AM
In all honesty, Linda, you're just ignoring the other facts again, no? Didn't the actors pretty much confirm they had, and maybe still have, that's not so certain, but certainly had an affair. :) I don't mind if you do, but don't go spoiling others now.

I don't pay any attention to what they say. Until it is on screen It is not canon IMO ;)

RowenaR
October 31st, 2009, 07:50 AM

"Life", I think... something about having to face serious personal issues.

BTW, in "Water", I liked the bit with Young telling TJ that if he and Scott (whom I'm starting to find even more aggravating than Eli...) don't come back, they (or only she?) will be fine. Gave me confirmation that even if there wasn't an affair or any some such, there's a special relationship between Young and TJ and I really want to see that explored (along with the relationships between Young and Greer, Young and Rush, TJ and Rush, Scott and Greer, Scott and TJ, Wray and everyone... just no more Chloe/Scott... PLEASE!).

Jper
October 31st, 2009, 08:10 AM
Young told TJ that "she would be fine." Going to rewatch it later, as I only saw bits and pieces of it until now, but that I saw. I liked the little Young/TJ interaction that was present. :) Very much liked TJ in this episode. Young not so much as in the previous episodes (Darkness and Light).

RowenaR
October 31st, 2009, 08:43 AM
Well, I think he said "You'll be fine" so he could either mean only her or the whole crew (and I actually like the ambivalence in this).

And I'm starting to get the feeling that ironically TJ is much more of an officer than Scott is (ironically because first of, Young appointed Scott as his second-in-command and second because it was TJ who wanted to leave the program and obviously the Air Force altogether prior to having to escape Icarus base). Or maybe I'm just a bitter feminist who is starting to get fed up with only the guys saving the day on SGU...

Jper
October 31st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Well, I think he said "You'll be fine" so he could either mean only her or the whole crew (and I actually like the ambivalence in this).

Oh yeah, could be, still need to rewatch it. However, since he actually said: "TJ, you'll be fine." I thought he was speaking to her. :D I like that better, so I'll assume that.

pixiesio
October 31st, 2009, 09:17 PM
Hello all!

Haven't been on GW forums in a while, but since I find the dynamic between TJ & Young intriguing (from what they've teased us with so far), I thought I'd throw my ten cents into the mix on what I think is going on between them. Any quotes/commentary relating to eps is going on my memory, so if I "misspeak" on something, mea culpa.

From conversations I've had with someone about all this, I think it's probable that Young, TJ and Scott were all on an SG team together before all going to Icarus base. They would have grown close as a team, which could explain their caring for each other (which I believe they all do).

Young, who has (so far) unexplained seizures, would most likely have kept them hidden since he'd be forced out and I get the impression that he loves his job too much (even more than his wife, if her comments about him not sticking around long enough are anything to go by). I get the feeling that TJ knows about his seizures but has kept it secret for him because she cares about him (friend/colleague or more, your choice) and knows that he'd not put any of them at risk if the seizures were worse than they were. Perhaps she realized at some point not long after her talk with Camille on the Icarus base ("best job ever" reference) that her feelings for Young were changing and Young knew, but didn't quite feel the same. (Like I wrote above, he does care about her, but I don't know that it's romantic in any way.) To avoid any further discomfort on either part, she planned to leave. The medical school scholarship just proved an easy out.

And, well, we all have seen what happened after that. LOL!

I'm curious to see how TPTB play this all out. I do hope that they don't have it as some sordid affair in their past. I have to agree that I don't see Young being that type of guy, and while we still don't know much about TJ, I'd like to think she's not that type of woman.

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 03:43 AM
From conversations I've had with someone about all this, I think it's probable that Young, TJ and Scott were all on an SG team together before all going to Icarus base. They would have grown close as a team, which could explain their caring for each other (which I believe they all do).

Actually Scott tells Eli that Icarus Base was his first real SG assignment, right out of officer's school. :)

I'm curious to see how TPTB play this all out. I do hope that they don't have it as some sordid affair in their past. I have to agree that I don't see Young being that type of guy, and while we still don't know much about TJ, I'd like to think she's not that type of woman.

Well I was thinking that Young's problems with his wife were not only job related, but also affair-related.

Linda06
November 1st, 2009, 06:28 AM
Hello all!

Haven't been on GW forums in a while, but since I find the dynamic between TJ & Young intriguing (from what they've teased us with so far), I thought I'd throw my ten cents into the mix on what I think is going on between them. Any quotes/commentary relating to eps is going on my memory, so if I "misspeak" on something, mea culpa.

Young, who has (so far) unexplained seizures, would most likely have kept them hidden since he'd be forced out and I get the impression that he loves his job too much (even more than his wife, if her comments about him not sticking around long enough are anything to go by). I get the feeling that TJ knows about his seizures but has kept it secret for him because she cares about him (friend/colleague or more, your choice) and knows that he'd not put any of them at risk if the seizures were worse than they were. Perhaps she realized at some point not long after her talk with Camille on the Icarus base ("best job ever" reference) that her feelings for Young were changing and Young knew, but didn't quite feel the same. (Like I wrote above, he does care about her, but I don't know that it's romantic in any way.) To avoid any further discomfort on either part, she planned to leave. The medical school scholarship just proved an easy out.

And, well, we all have seen what happened after that. LOL!

You make some very good points here, from what we've seen with the scenes between Young and his wife there wasn't any indication that their problems had anything to do with any affair but had to do with his job. I don't see Young as the type of person to have affairs :) I think TJ and Young do have a bond, and I could see her keeping these seizures that Young has a secret and It could have caused maybe a conflict between them and maybe something happened to cause TJ to resign.

The last thing I want too is some sordid affair between them. Now if they grew closer over time on the ship then I would have no real problem with that if it's written right but no sordid affairs please ;)

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 06:45 AM
Well I'm rooting for them having an affair before being on the Destiny. :p But don't worry, I still like you Linda. :D

P.S.
Spoilers for Earth:
Seems like in Earth Young will be hitting things off with his wife again. Wrong person imho. :D

Linda06
November 1st, 2009, 06:48 AM
Well I'm rooting for them having an affair before being on the Destiny. :p But don't worry, I still like you Linda. :D

P.S.
Spoilers for Earth:
Seems like in Earth Young will be hitting things off with his wife again. Wrong person imho. :D

I don't like affairs or triangles from hell or yes even quadrangles from hell :p I still like you too :D

We already have immature actions from Scott, I think we would benefit from a mature relationship with Young/TJ ;)

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 06:51 AM
Sure, but a previous affair can be mature. :D I don't like Young's wife, so no sympathy for her and a lot for Young. Anyway, I think Young can be mature and it can be a mature relationship even when they had something in the past.

Linda06
November 1st, 2009, 06:57 AM
Sure, but a previous affair can be mature. :D I don't like Young's wife, so no sympathy for her and a lot for Young. Anyway, I think Young can be mature and it can be a mature relationship even when they had something in the past.

You do know whose writing in Stargate, right? Do you really think these guys can write mature ;) They haven't exactly endeared themselves in writing romance in the past ;) And I don't want them getting their hands on TJ and Young and ruining what could be a good thing :S

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 07:16 AM
Oh no, don't start about that again. I was just getting a tad less hopeless and negative again. The truth has doomed me back to the bottom again. There's still that little sprinkle of hope.

Linda06
November 1st, 2009, 07:22 AM
Oh no, don't start about that again. I was just getting a tad less hopeless and negative again. The truth has doomed me back to the bottom again. There's still that little sprinkle of hope.

Well I'm not the Queen of pessimism for nothing ya know :p

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 07:33 AM
Well at least you're a Queen. I'm still a minion.

Linda06
November 1st, 2009, 07:36 AM
Well at least you're a Queen. I'm still a minion.

Oh poor you, well you could be my apprentice ;)

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 07:48 AM
No thanks, I'm not ready to completely go over to the dark side yet, but mind you, if TPTB screw this up I will happily (or maybe not so happily, but it's an expression) join you. So they better not screw this up! Do you think this kind of blackmail would work? :p

Linda06
November 1st, 2009, 07:52 AM
No thanks, I'm not ready to completely go over to the dark side yet, but mind you, if TPTB screw this up I will happily (or maybe not so happily, but it's an expression) join you. So they better not screw this up! Do you think this kind of blackmail would work? :p

But the dark side is so nice :D hehe... Well you could try and see how it goes ;)

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 08:03 AM
oh noes! Don't tempt me. Wat if I cannot leave anymore. That would be a huge problem. Imagine that.

Cory Holmes
November 1st, 2009, 11:35 AM
See, I'd be all over TJ and Young having a pre-Destiny affair. Preferrabily more than a one-off encounter in the broom closet, I'd rather it was a longer and more drawn out thing, with mulitple encounters over weeks and months.

Does that mean that Young or TJ are absolute scum for this? Not at all. We've seen that they're good, competent people that can get the job done in the face of adverstiy. That doesn't mean that they can't make mistakes, though, and possibly those mistakes might include each other. Even the smartest of people do some incredibly stupid things at times.

Either way, I want TJ/Young so I can proudly proclaim that I finally support a canon relationship! :cool:

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 11:45 AM
Well I agree. Maybe "affair" has a much too negative sound to it. Maybe.

Also, it's true what you said. The characters still are "good, competent people that can get the job done in the face of adversity".

ladyjanus
November 1st, 2009, 05:28 PM
I've been a dedicated ’Gate shipper for more than a decade, but when they kept disappointing me season after season I grew more than a little bitter, you know? Then the less than graceful way they finally gave us a canon-ship followed by the cancellations (still smarting, here) and the ominous intimations of the direction the new show was taking (Stargate 90210? FCOL!) and I'd been just about ready to give it up in terms of ship. I've seen the show now (Oh my. Closet sex. In the first episode.) and was ready to begin coping with the varsity quarterback/homecoming queen scenario, but I NEVER EVEN ONCE GAVE A SINGLE THOUGHT TO A TJ/EY PAIRING OF ANY SORT UNTIL I STUMBLED ON THIS THREAD! I did not see this, but after thinking on it, all I can say is OMFG.

I'm already an LF fan, but I'm trying really hard not to get completely carried away with this unexpected turn. I'm gonna have to see it to believe it, myself, but ooooohhhhh, wouldn't it nice? To finally, finally, see a mature, fleshed out, grown-up, realistic relationship on Stargate?

Jper
November 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM
It would be nice.
That must be the understatement of the century. :D

Cory Holmes
November 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
ooooohhhhh, wouldn't it nice? To finally, finally, see a mature, fleshed out, grown-up, realistic relationship on Stargate?

Yeah, that'd be nice. I'm also willing to watch a sex scene with TJ, too :cool: Vanessa James and Chloe have had their turns, it's TJ's time! :D

senatorincitatus
November 2nd, 2009, 07:30 AM
*gasp* *shock* B-but... it couldn't lie! It wouldn't lie! You're pulling my leg, right?

Hey, the TV lies to me, I lie to you. It's like a mobius strip of dishonesty. ;)

I get the feeling that TJ knows about his seizures but has kept it secret for him because she cares about him (friend/colleague or more, your choice) and knows that he'd not put any of them at risk if the seizures were worse than they were.

I had wondered that as well, but unless the reason for the seizures is medically undetectable, I'm not sure how TJ would be the only person who knows about them. It seems likely that the SGC would have given everyone on Icarus a thorough medical exam before sending them on a long-term offworld assignment. Unless, of course, both she and Dr. Sims were covering for him, and Dr. Sims was the one who examined him before leaving Earth.

To avoid any further discomfort on either part, she planned to leave. The medical school scholarship just proved an easy out.

I had the feeling that TJ was either lying about getting a scholarship or only applied for one after already deciding to leave. These two lines -

WRAY: Two weeks ago you told me that this was the best experience of your life. Something must have happened.

JOHANSEN: The scholarship came in. I-I guess I've just been too afraid to admit what I really want.

- echoed, and were the only two lines in that scene which did. Maybe I'm reading too much into the sound editing, but so far TPTB seem to be really conscientious about details like this, and I don't think that was an accident.

I do hope that they don't have it as some sordid affair in their past. I have to agree that I don't see Young being that type of guy, and while we still don't know much about TJ, I'd like to think she's not that type of woman.

This is kinda what I was talking about. I don't personally believe that there's a "type" of person who disappoints themselves and goes back on an oath, or who has a relationship despite knowing they shouldn't. I think those things can be done by pretty much anybody, under the right circumstances.

Also, from the conversation between Young and Emily, it seemed to me that they were separated in their marriage, if not outright headed for divorce. Which, obviously, doesn't make an affair okay, but would at least make it more understandable. In my opinion, anyway. I recognize that this is a moral issue as much as anything else, and everyone is entitled to judge based on their own morality. :)

Well I was thinking that Young's problems with his wife were not only job related, but also affair-related.

I really don't think his wife knows about an affair. He said something like, "I'm sorry. I didn't choose my job over you." If there was an affair and she knew about it, I would think he'd apologize for that. Plus he seems to have the hardest time saying anything to the woman. I keep getting the impression he's always on the verge of saying something really important, but can never bring himself to actually say it. I have no idea if that would be spilling the beans about marital misbehavior or not, but regardless, I thought it was pretty telling about the state of their relationship.

And, wow, that ended up being a much longer post than I meant it to be. :o

Jper
November 2nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
I really don't think his wife knows about an affair. He said something like, "I'm sorry. I didn't choose my job over you." If there was an affair and she knew about it, I would think he'd apologize for that. Plus he seems to have the hardest time saying anything to the woman. I keep getting the impression he's always on the verge of saying something really important, but can never bring himself to actually say it. I have no idea if that would be spilling the beans about marital misbehavior or not, but regardless, I thought it was pretty telling about the state of their relationship.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

YOUNG: I'm sorry. I didn't choose my job over you.

EMILY: It wasn't just about the job.

That's what went down. Thus --> Affair.

Sorry, but that makes your argument so that it hasn't a leg to stand upon anymore. :)

Cory Holmes
November 2nd, 2009, 08:52 AM
It could also be that Young's seizure was happening on Destiny and it affected his hallucination/memory of Emily. Unlikely, sure, but possible.

Me? I'm waiting for more information about "That part's not your fault." Which part is his fault then, TJ? Hmm? Hmm?

senatorincitatus
November 2nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Sorry, but you're wrong.

That's what went down. Thus --> Affair.

Sorry, but that makes your argument so that it hasn't a leg to stand upon anymore. :)

Me being wrong = always a possibility. :D

However, I was looking at those lines in conjunction with these -

EMILY You always end up choosing somewhere other than here.
YOUNG: I'm not choosing my job over you. How can you even say that to me?
EMILY: I love you. But I can't wait any more.

And -

EMILY: Let's say that I believe all of this. I don't really, but even if I did, you did choose, and you chose to go.
YOUNG: I didn't choose this.
EMILY: You knew there was a chance you wouldn't be coming back.

And -

EMILY: You made your choice, Everett. And I made mine. Nothing's changed.

That looks to me like the choice referenced here was his decision to take the Icarus command, that even after she made it plain she didn't want him to go, he still did. She keeps coming back to that, keeps talking about his choice, which seems to indicate that's the big sticking point between them. If he'd told her he'd been unfaithful, it just seems odd to me that the conversations wouldn't be more about that. Like you point out, it wasn't just the leaving, but she doesn't keep going back to that unknown other reason; she just mentions it the once.

Of course, it could be because she finds it too painful to talk about directly, or just wants to pretend it never happened by not talking about it, or a ton of other reasons. The above is just how I interpreted it, based, in all honesty, on far too little information for me to be certain. :)

senatorincitatus
November 2nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
It could also be that Young's seizure was happening on Destiny and it affected his hallucination/memory of Emily. Unlikely, sure, but possible.

I'd heard that theory right after the episode aired, and thought there was no way they'd do that because it would be so ambiguous, and Stargate isn't known for ambiguity. Now I'm not inclined to dismiss any possibility out of hand.

Me? I'm waiting for more information about "That part's not your fault." Which part is his fault then, TJ? Hmm? Hmm?

On top of being really curious about that, I also really want to know who is at fault for her not having left when she resigned. I can't think of any logical reason, based on the info we've got, why she was still there if her resignation was accepted, which it seems it was given that she had to be reinstated by Young.

Linda06
November 2nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
oh noes! Don't tempt me. Wat if I cannot leave anymore. That would be a huge problem. Imagine that.

We have cookies :D

I've been a dedicated ’Gate shipper for more than a decade, but when they kept disappointing me season after season I grew more than a little bitter, you know? Then the less than graceful way they finally gave us a canon-ship followed by the cancellations (still smarting, here) and the ominous intimations of the direction the new show was taking (Stargate 90210? FCOL!) and I'd been just about ready to give it up in terms of ship. I've seen the show now (Oh my. Closet sex. In the first episode.) and was ready to begin coping with the varsity quarterback/homecoming queen scenario, but I NEVER EVEN ONCE GAVE A SINGLE THOUGHT TO A TJ/EY PAIRING OF ANY SORT UNTIL I STUMBLED ON THIS THREAD! I did not see this, but after thinking on it, all I can say is OMFG.

I'm already an LF fan, but I'm trying really hard not to get completely carried away with this unexpected turn. I'm gonna have to see it to believe it, myself, but ooooohhhhh, wouldn't it nice? To finally, finally, see a mature, fleshed out, grown-up, realistic relationship on Stargate?

Tell me about it :mckay: After the debacle of SGA I became a cynic and a devout pessimist. I don't trust these guys to write a good honest mature relationship, not when they haven't grown up themselves yet ;)

Yeah, that'd be nice. I'm also willing to watch a sex scene with TJ, too :cool: Vanessa James and Chloe have had their turns, it's TJ's time! :D

Get your mind out of the gutter :p

And -

EMILY: Let's say that I believe all of this. I don't really, but even if I did, you did choose, and you chose to go.

And -

That looks to me like the choice referenced here was his decision to take the Icarus command, that even after she made it plain she didn't want him to go, he still did. She keeps coming back to that, keeps talking about his choice, which seems to indicate that's the big sticking point between them. If he'd told her he'd been unfaithful, it just seems odd to me that the conversations wouldn't be more about that. Like you point out, it wasn't just the leaving, but she doesn't keep going back to that unknown other reason; she just mentions it the once.

Of course, it could be because she finds it too painful to talk about directly, or just wants to pretend it never happened by not talking about it, or a ton of other reasons. The above is just how I interpreted it, based, in all honesty, on far too little information for me to be certain. :)

From the scenes I've seen with Young and his wife I have still not seen anything to indicate an affair of any kind. To me it seems that it was and has always been his job that's come between them. That's JMO ;)

Jper
November 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM

Well that's what I thought as well. :) And I quite liked how the image fainted from Emily to T.J. :D That was great.

Good question. Still asking that myself too.

Well what you said there did not make sense. Sorry, but I was in a hurry so I quickly posted that.

And -

And -

Yeah, I don't know. It could just as well been another assignment than Icarus Base. Also Icarus Base is probably not where he met T.J., but where he and T.J. would go next. So imho that makes it even worse. I see it as if Emily indeed did not want Young to go, but Young went anyway because he wanted to be with T.J. on the assignment. Her talk about him going there is probably because she cannot get to talk about the fact that she knows or suspects that he had someone else to go back to there. She's not stupid.

Like what you said, below:

Yes, that's okay, but you see how that doesn't mean anything? You interpreted the things like they are. You have the facts that are very certain. I just believe that because of all these things we've already seen and because of the spoilers we got from both LF and AH, and TPTB that they indeed had (and maybe have?) an affair, that all this points towards an affair. And I believe Emily, Young's wife at least suspects, or maybe knows about that. I think it is very doubtful Young would have gone there, while his wife did not want him to go, if he had no other motives.

We have cookies :D

So do I. And my cookies are good! :D

senatorincitatus
November 2nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Well what you said there did not make sense. Sorry, but I was in a hurry so I quickly posted that.

That's okay, I didn't fully illustrate my point.

It could just as well been another assignment than Icarus Base. Also Icarus Base is probably not where he met T.J., but where he and T.J. would go next. So imho that makes it even worse. I see it as if Emily indeed did not want Young to go, but Young went anyway because he wanted to be with T.J. on the assignment. Her talk about him going there is probably because she cannot get to talk about the fact that she knows or suspects that he had someone else to go back to there. She's not stupid.

Ah, see, I hadn't thought of the possibility that Emily knows, but not because he told her. Also hadn't thought of the possibility that his relationship with TJ predated Icarus. I'd thought that Emily's reaction to Young insisting on taking the command was what led to the affair, not the other way around, but now I'm gonna have to look at it from your angle.

Yes, that's okay, but you see how that doesn't mean anything? You interpreted the things like they are. You have the facts that are very certain. I just believe that because of all these things we've already seen and because of the spoilers we got from both LF and AH, and TPTB that they indeed had (and maybe have?) an affair, that all this points towards an affair.

Yeah, I agree with you. I actually bet someone five bucks that there was an affair at some point, and that was before I saw any spoilers beyond the "this season on SGU" promo at the end of the premiere. But the details of it? It's pure speculation at this point. Half the reason I'm tossing out my speculation is to see what sort of speculation I get back from other people who are coming at it from a different point of view, who may have seen something I missed or interpreted something a different way.

And I believe Emily, Young's wife at least suspects, or maybe knows about that. I think it is very doubtful Young would have gone there, while his wife did not want him to go, if he had no other motives.

I don't personally think it's all that doubtful. Career military guys can develop tunnel vision when it comes to advancements, and Icarus was a base command, which is a huge deal.

From the scenes I've seen with Young and his wife I have still not seen anything to indicate an affair of any kind. To me it seems that it was and has always been his job that's come between them. That's JMO ;)

Just watch, it's gonna turn out that all of the spoilers were red herrings or outright lies and you're gonna be the one who's right about all of this. ;)

Jper
November 2nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
I don't personally think it's all that doubtful. Career military guys can develop tunnel vision when it comes to advancements, and Icarus was a base command, which is a huge deal.

So Young never had a command before? I doubt that. I don't understand what you're saying if you mean something else. I pretty much think if he really loved and cared for his wife more than for T.J. or, in the possibility he did not know T.J. yet, for the command position, which he should, he would never have taken the assignment. No it seemed to me he had other motives, just like his wife said, see the quote I provided you with earlier.

Or he really doesn't love his wife anymore, and doesn't care, as he took the assignment, at least at that time. Seems like now, he has come to his senses and wants to smooth things over. I could even speculate that is because of the affair. Maybe T.J. found out about the wife or something else or just T.J. stopping the affair and saying something, as T.J. did indeed wanted to leave the base, so that he is now running back to his wife.

Anyway, I doubt it is only the assignment. For all three of the characters involved. For Young. For T.J. For Emily.

Just watch, it's gonna turn out that all of the spoilers were red herrings or outright lies and you're gonna be the one who's right about all of this. ;)

If that happens, I will never get over it. At least some of the spoilers must have some truth.

BTW Don't encourage Linda further, it's already more than bad enough. :D :p

;) ;)

Cory Holmes
November 2nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Stop there! Speak not such things, lest TPTBs hear you and make it a reality! I really want my TJ/Young agnsty sex affair!

Jper
November 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Stop there! Speak not such things, lest TPTBs hear you and make it a reality! I really want my TJ/Young agnsty sex affair!

:indeed:

Cory Holmes
November 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Maybe T.J. found out about the wife or something
Young wears (now wore) a wedding band on his left hand, ring finger. That's probably a big hint to anyone who met him that he was married ;)

Jper
November 2nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
Young wears (now wore) a wedding band on his left hand, ring finger. That's probably a big hint to anyone who met him that he was married ;)

Yeah, okay, but that's not what I meant. Maybe she thought the wife was dead. A lot of people keep wearing the wedding ring. Or he had told her, he and his wife were only married for show now, and they actually had split up, or maybe he did not say it, but she assumed it, or I don't know, there are so many possibilities. :)

senatorincitatus
November 2nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
So Young never had a command before? I doubt that. I don't understand what you're saying if you mean something else.

No, I'm sure he had commands before, just maybe not command of a base. A base command would be a pretty big step ahead of commanding an SG team, which I've read is what he did before Icarus. Peacetime promotions from colonel to brigadier tend to come about as a result of successfully administrating bases and facilities. I don't know if promotion was on his mind, but even if he was just riding out a commission, I don't know too many career military folks who would pass up the chance at a better command than they'd had before.

If that happens, I will never get over it. At least some of the spoilers must have some truth.

;) ;)

Sorry! I won't do it again! ;)

Cory Holmes
November 2nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Sorry! I won't do it again! ;)
Good *patpatpat* :cool:

Jper
November 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
No, I'm sure he had commands before, just maybe not command of a base. A base command would be a pretty big step ahead of commanding an SG team, which I've read is what he did before Icarus. Peacetime promotions from colonel to brigadier tend to come about as a result of successfully administrating bases and facilities. I don't know if promotion was on his mind, but even if he was just riding out a commission, I don't know too many career military folks who would pass up the chance at a better command than they'd had before.

Oh yeah. Uhh, Well... Uhm. Good point! Need to think about that one. :)

Linda06
November 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Yes, that's okay, but you see how that doesn't mean anything? You interpreted the things like they are. You have the facts that are very certain. I just believe that because of all these things we've already seen and because of the spoilers we got from both LF and AH, and TPTB that they indeed had (and maybe have?) an affair, that all this points towards an affair. And I believe Emily, Young's wife at least suspects, or maybe knows about that. I think it is very doubtful Young would have gone there, while his wife did not want him to go, if he had no other motives.

I don't listen to spoilers :D I've learned the hard way never to trust anything TPTB might say :S ;) So it is not true until it is on screen :D So going on what I've saw in the eps that have aired so far I personally haven't seen anything to indicate any kind of affair or even an attraction.

Am I annoying you yet

:D :p

So do I. And my cookies are good! :D

*pouts* Okay, I have chocolate chip cookies :D

*points up* See, you get it. You nkow the golden rule :D

*clears throat* "Linda is always right." :D ;)

;) ;)

What? http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/angels/sc_3170.gif Well what would a thread be without at least one pessimist in it :p

Oh tell the truth, you just want TJ :p

Jper
November 3rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
I don't listen to spoilers :D I've learned the hard way never to trust anything TPTB might say :S ;) So it is not true until it is on screen :D So going on what I've saw in the eps that have aired so far I personally haven't seen anything to indicate any kind of affair or even an attraction.

Am I annoying you yet

Actually yes, today you are. You keep saying the same thing, and I have come to think, that even if it airs on TV you'll still find a way to ignore it and go on like this. Or maybe you'll just forget it ever happened at all.

Sorry, but I'm tired and not in a good mood anymore. Unlike this morning and last night.

*clears throat* "Linda is always right." :D ;)

That must be the most unbelievable and not-right thing I ever heard you say. :D

Linda06
November 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Actually yes, today you are. You keep saying the same thing, and I have come to think, that even if it airs on TV you'll still find a way to ignore it and go on like this. Or maybe you'll just forget it ever happened at all.

Sorry, but I'm tired and not in a good mood anymore. Unlike this morning and last night.

See, that's the good thing about having a goldfish memory, I don't have to find ways to ignore it cause it's more than likely I'll forget anyways :D

aww poor you :( Well you know I only do it most of the time to annoy you :p I usually annoy Jel but I haven't seen much of him lately :eek:

That must be the most unbelievable and not-right thing I ever heard you say. :D

Ah but the other golden rule is...."I am right even when I am wrong." :D

Jper
November 3rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
See, that's the good thing about having a goldfish memory, I don't have to find ways to ignore it cause it's more than likely I'll forget anyways :D

Yes I can see the advantages. :)

aww poor you :( Well you know I only do it most of the time to annoy you :p I usually annoy Jel but I haven't seen much of him lately :eek:

Well I did a power nap, and now I already feel much better. :) And yeah, where is Jel lately? :) Maybe you chased him away?

Ah but the other golden rule is...."I am right even when I am wrong." :D

Wrright. :rolleyes:

Linda06
November 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Yes I can see the advantages. :)

Oh it has great advantages :D

Well I did a power nap, and now I already feel much better. :) And yeah, where is Jel lately? :) Maybe you chased him away?

Thanks good :D I need someone to annoy :p Maybe I hit him with a fish one time too many :eek: *thinks* naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :p

Wrright. :rolleyes:

mmhmm, just ask Jel. Just don't believe anything he says about me ;)

Linda06
November 5th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I watched Water last night. That's *counts on fingers* six episodes now (if you count Air parts 1 - 3 as single eps) and I still have not seen any indication that there was any kind of affair between them :p

Cory Holmes
November 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I watched Water last night. That's *counts on fingers* six episodes now (if you count Air parts 1 - 3 as single eps) and I still have not seen any indication that there was any kind of affair between them :p

Just you wait. Our time will come, and all who doubt will come to believe. Or shall burn! :docianime15:

*ahem* By that, I mean that we'll get our ship soon enough and I will rejoice by finally being able to say that I support a canon pairing :)

Linda06
November 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Just you wait. Our time will come, and all who doubt will come to believe. Or shall burn! :docianime15:

*ahem* By that, I mean that we'll get our ship soon enough and I will rejoice by finally being able to say that I support a canon pairing :)

When If it happens I will be able to forget it after about 3 minutes due to my goldfish brain :D

But I can annoy Jper even more

*cough*

RowenaR
November 5th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Look what I made, look what I made :D (and it's not even REALLY shippy):

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/Gelbes_Gilatier/Header/TJ_Young1.jpg

(and yes, it's snurchable, in case anyone was wondering ;))

Jper
November 6th, 2009, 07:30 AM
When If it happens I will be able to forget it after about 3 minutes due to my goldfish brain :D

But I can annoy Jper even more

*cough*

Did I see/hear something?

Linda06
November 6th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Did I see/hear something?

I do not know what you mean *adjusts halo* :D

Rowena - Very nice sig :D

RowenaR
November 6th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Rowena - Very nice sig :D

Thank you :) (I took care not to make it TOO shippy... just for you ;)).

Cory Holmes
November 6th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Enough of her. Ship-ify us! :D

RowenaR
November 6th, 2009, 12:09 PM

I'll see what I can do once they really juicy eps will be out and the screencaps available ;)

Linda06
November 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM

:D You're so kinda ;)

:p *smacks Cory with a Jelly fish* *runs away* :p

RowenaR
November 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
:D You're so kinda ;)

Yes, sometimes I can be nice... SOMEtimes ;)

Whoa, THAT was mean :D

Cory Holmes
November 6th, 2009, 01:07 PM

*stares at Linda* Somehow I got a jellyfish in the face. I now have a slimey tenticle creeping down my face, leaving a mucus trail behind it. *stares hard at Linda* Of course you realize, this means WAR!! :D

*pounces on Linda*

RowenaR
November 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Oh God, Linda started a jelly fish war *ducks behind her couch

Linda06
November 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Whoa, THAT was mean :D

Can't help it, It's a Scottish thing :p

*stares at Linda* Somehow I got a jellyfish in the face. I now have a slimey tenticle creeping down my face, leaving a mucus trail behind it. *stares hard at Linda* Of course you realize, this means WAR!! :D

*pounces on Linda*

http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/fool/sc_7331.gif *runs away from Cory*

Oh God, Linda started a jelly fish war *ducks behind her couch

*throws Jellyfish towards Rowena* :D

So when is TJ and Young not getting it on :p *points* See, I can be on topic..........Kinda......ooh Jper is gonna smack me :p

RowenaR
November 6th, 2009, 02:56 PM
*throws Jellyfish towards Rowena* :D

EEEEEEEEEEEEP! *throws some potato dumplings at linda (What? It's what the indiginous population likes to eat here and what I absolutely detest...)

So when is TJ and Young not getting it on :p *points* See, I can be on topic..........Kinda......ooh Jper is gonna smack me :p

Life is probably going to be a very interesting episode, methinks.

senatorincitatus
November 6th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Just watched Earth.

Hey, Jper, looks like you were right! Go you! :D

Linda, how are you holding up? :P

curiositykitty
November 7th, 2009, 01:38 AM
just watched earth and it rocked.

ok so that first scene- dream, memory, fantasy, or some combo of all of them? it seems young may be merging tj and his wife a la the fainting scene where hes home with his wife then wakes to tj. is this a sign of some unresolved feelings for tj on young's part? which really makes me wonder what exactly went down with him and tj, who started it, ended it, etc. so when he seemed to be apologizing to tj, was it really to her or his wife or both? and im still baffled why hes trying to get back with his wife. though in the scene with his wife she appears to confirm the young/tj affair when she said how she hated thinking of young stranded "with her."

so is anyone else as tied up in knots by all of these little hints and clues as me? i love it! cant wait for the rest of the season cause they better answer some of these questions or im gonna riot.

Linda06
November 7th, 2009, 01:54 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEP! *throws some potato dumplings at linda (What? It's what the indiginous population likes to eat here and what I absolutely detest...)

Life is probably going to be a very interesting episode, methinks.

*ducks* :p *throws some porridge at Rowena* :D

Just watched Earth.

Hey, Jper, looks like you were right! Go you! :D

Linda, how are you holding up? :P

nonononononono, Jper is not right. Don't you remember? Linda is always right, even when she is wrong :D Oh and I won't see the next ep till Wednesday.

I seems to be a wittle outnumbered, don't I :cool: :p

Jper
November 7th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Just watched Earth. It was pretty interesting. Very interesting. Yeah!

Spoilers for Earth, for Linda,
So the Young-TJ kiss, was it a dream? It was definitely on the Destiny, but I'm thinking it was like the Chloe-Eli kiss, and just Young's imagination. Still nice to see though.

And yes! I was right. :D ;) They (Tamara and Everett) did indeed have an affair and Young's wife, Emily, definitely knows! However, seems like it is over now, at least in real life, not in Young's dreams.

Oooooh, Earth was good. Think I'll go and re-watch it later. :D

Linda06
November 7th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Thank you Jper for putting it under spoilers for me :D I'm trying my best not to be too spoilered ;)

SamJackShipper93
November 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I haven't read through all of the posts yet, so forgive me if this has been discussed.

I almost find TJ/Young a rip-off on the part of the writers. They just seem like SGU's Jack and Sam to me.

Take one older, experienced Air Force colonel, ready to retire, having marital/family problems. Enter a young, blond, Air Force officer with brains and beauty and you seem to have TPTB's recipe for romance.

Earth Spoilers (are spoilers needed here?)

I'm definetely not keen on the fact that TJ/Young had an actual affair as implied by the episode (the reason I love Jack and Sam so much is because they were honorable of the fact that they couldn't be together). However, I do think that they make a interesting couple, and I'm excited to find out more about what happened between them and how things are going to continue.

Linda06
November 7th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I haven't read through all of the posts yet, so forgive me if this has been discussed.

I almost find TJ/Young a rip-off on the part of the writers. They just seem like SGU's Jack and Sam to me.

Take one older, experienced Air Force colonel, ready to retire, having marital/family problems. Enter a young, blond, Air Force officer with brains and beauty and you seem to have TPTB's recipe for romance.

I'm definetely not keen on the fact that TJ/Young had an actual affair as implied by the episode (the reason I love Jack and Sam so much is because they were honorable of the fact that they couldn't be together). However, I do think that they make a interesting couple, and I'm excited to find out more about what happened between them and how things are going to continue.

I would be eternally grateful if you put Earth under spoilers till Wednesday :)

SamJackShipper93
November 7th, 2009, 09:23 AM

Okay. Good to know! :)

Linda06
November 7th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Okay. Good to know! :)

Thank you :D

Jper
November 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Thank you Jper for putting it under spoilers for me :D I'm trying my best not to be too spoilered ;)

Then you coming here is very very dangerous as according to the rules, this thread has the spoiler warning in the title and is thus certainly spoiler un-free. :D BTW, you quoted a post with a spoiler tag in it. That allows you to read it anyway. Looks like those dark glasses are still working quite well. :)

BTW you may call me Jasper if you want. Jper is short for Jasper. :) Or Jper, I don't mind either, just thought you might want to know.

I find them to be nothing like Sam and Jack. For one Jack was never married while he had something with Sam. It never started with an affair. And Young's wife is alive. Jack was retired and had no family left. Even more, Jack and Young are totally different characters. Jack set great store by the regulations, and thus never really had a real romantic relationship with Sam. So did Sam. Young is not really ready to retire, too. Also setting similarities as to physical appearance? Well, Young doesn't resemble Jack in physical appearance. As for TPTB's recipe for romance? We never saw real Sam/Jack romance in the real timeline or dimension or whatever. Also, if that's the recipe, what about McKay-Keller? Daniel-Vala? Chloe-Matthew?

I really don't see where you are getting this.

Not according to the rules, but I was trying to get on Linda's good side. :)

Well, this is really contradicting what you said earlier as you say here how there's actually a big difference between TJ/Young and S/J.

I do want to see where things turn out too. :)

Especially now that Telford showed up in the end of the episode at Young's house.

Really? So you'll stop annoying me?

Linda06
November 7th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Then you coming here is very very dangerous as according to the rules, this thread has the spoiler warning in the title and is thus certainly spoiler un-free. :D BTW, you quoted a post with a spoiler tag in it. That allows you to read it anyway. Looks like those dark glasses are still working quite well. :)

BTW you may call me Jasper if you want. Jper is short for Jasper. :) Or Jper, I don't mind either, just thought you might want to know.

I know it doesn't have to be spoilered but I really appreciate you guys doing it for me anyways :D

I made sure I scrolled down without looking ;)

Okay Jasper, I like that name :D

Not according to the rules, but I was trying to get on Linda's good side. :)

You were never on my bad side, I just like annoying folks :p

Really? So you'll stop annoying me?

Of course :D *adjusts halo*

RowenaR
November 7th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I really have no idea where people get all those halos around here... do you all have a secet halo dealer or what?

Linda06
November 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I really have no idea where people get all those halos around here... do you all have a secet halo dealer or what?

I got a really good deal, two for one deal http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/fool/sc_7274.gif

So, um.......What about TJ/Young then? Nothing new to speculate on then? :p

Jper
November 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
You were never on my bad side, I just like annoying folks :p

Okay "better side" then. :D

You should ask Linda, as I don't have one. :)

RowenaR
November 7th, 2009, 10:45 AM
You should ask Linda, as I don't have one. :)

Me neither (I mustbe the only girl on the LorneLovers thread not trying to make everyone believe she still has one...), that's why I'm wondering :D

Linda06
November 7th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Okay "better side" then. :D

I have a better side :eek: Well, that's news to me :p

Cory Holmes
November 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM

See, what I think the writers are doing here is deliberatly deconstructing the idea of Jack/Sam.

I said it before, but you're making all the more clear: what the writers are doing is telling the fans: "You wanted the Colonel and subordunate to get it on? Here's how it wouldn't work!" There's all sorts of rank/fraternization issues, how Young seems to try to keep TJ on the "safer" side of things (if that's possible on the Starship Deathtrap- err, Destiny ;) ), the complications to their personal lives, etc.

If that truley is the case, then I applaud the writers even more for that. They seem to be taking all the tropes and cliches they so heartily embraced in SG-1 and SGA and turning them on their sides in SGU.

Now, in a spoiler-free Wild Mass Guessing, how do you think the crew would react if they found out about a Young/TJ (or Young/anyone) relationship? How would they react to any favouritsm, real or merely imagined?

Indoctrinated
November 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Now, in a spoiler-free Wild Mass Guessing, how do you think the crew would react if they found out about a Young/TJ (or Young/anyone) relationship? How would they react to any favouritsm, real or merely imagined?

Put it this way, two of Young's three rivals for control of the Destiny either know or suspect that he was having an affair with TJ. Wray certainly suspects something is up, as is seen in her conversation with Young during Darkness. It honestly wouldn't surprise me at all if Telford already knows/will find out very soon due to that last scene during Earth. Rush, I have no clue about. He might know or suspect, or he could be completely oblivious (the purpose of his character is never to know exactly how much he knows anyway, so debating about that particular point is moot). Either way, that almost certainly guarantees that the knowledge of their affair will be used against either one or both of them at some point to gain power over them.

As to how the crew would react, I think it would just give the civilians even more reason to question Young's ability to command. I have yet to see any instances where someone could point out that he showed favoritism towards TJ, with the possible exception of choosing her to be one of the 17 people on the shuttle. However, she also the most logical choice to go right next to Scott. Personally I think that argument holds no weight, but it's the most likely example I can come up with. Young and TJ might lose some respect from the military personnel, but I think the more meaningful reactions will come from the civilians as they already put very little trust in Young's command.

Cory Holmes
November 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I have yet to see any instances where someone could point out that he showed favoritism towards TJ, with the possible exception of choosing her to be one of the 17 people on the shuttle. However, she also the most logical choice to go right next to Scott. Personally I think that argument holds no weight, but it's the most likely example I can come up with.

What about putting her in command while he was gone? Yes, these things are all perfectly logical and understandable to us, but what about to people like Franklin or Spencer, who are this shy of mutiny?

*rubs hands together with glee* Given the tone and nature of this show, watching how this all plays out is going to be awesome :D

Indoctrinated
November 7th, 2009, 01:28 PM
What about putting her in command while he was gone? Yes, these things are all perfectly logical and understandable to us, but what about to people like Franklin or Spencer, who are this shy of mutiny?

*rubs hands together with glee* Given the tone and nature of this show, watching how this all plays out is going to be awesome :D

Considering that there are four officers currently onboard the Destiny: Young, TJ, Scott, and James (with Scott and TJ being of equal rank) it still makes logical sense that she would be put in command considering she's the next highest ranking officer.

Despite that point, I do agree about it seeing it from a different perspective if a character is already predisposed to distrust Young and his decisions. From what I remember of reading episode descriptions, the episode called Divided later this season involves the civilians sealing themselves off from the military in a different part of the ship. So mutiny? Oh, most definitely. :D

Linda06
November 8th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Well TJ is the next ranking officer so it's logical that she is put in charge, also TJ is the only medic in the group and like Young said, they'll need a medic with them if they have any chance of survival, just like they needed Scott to fly the ship. Also we still have no indication they ever had an affair yet so that is a mute point :)

JMO :p

But it would end up being a little ridiculous to have four of the officers on Destiny breaking the frat regs :rolleyes: You have to ask yourself, what kind of person was in charge of Icarus base to let this kind of thing slide :rolleyes: Not a very good leader IMO.

SamJackShipper93
November 8th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I find them to be nothing like Sam and Jack. For one Jack was never married while he had something with Sam. It never started with an affair. And Young's wife is alive. Jack was retired and had no family left. Even more, Jack and Young are totally different characters. Jack set great store by the regulations, and thus never really had a real romantic relationship with Sam. So did Sam. Young is not really ready to retire, too. Also setting similarities as to physical appearance? Well, Young doesn't resemble Jack in physical appearance. As for TPTB's recipe for romance? We never saw real Sam/Jack romance in the real timeline or dimension or whatever. Also, if that's the recipe, what about McKay-Keller? Daniel-Vala? Chloe-Matthew?

I really don't see where you are getting this.

Obviously, not everything is the same between these two couples.

I was simply making a connection in a way that I saw fit.

I myself feel that their backgrounds are very much alike.

Cory Holmes
November 11th, 2009, 10:51 AM
*poke-a-Linda* Have you seen the episode yet?

senatorincitatus
November 12th, 2009, 11:57 AM
But it would end up being a little ridiculous to have four of the officers on Destiny breaking the frat regs :rolleyes: You have to ask yourself, what kind of person was in charge of Icarus base to let this kind of thing slide :rolleyes: Not a very good leader IMO.

Young was in charge of Icarus. He's not very well going to bust himself for fraternization. :P

Cory Holmes
November 12th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Again, this all brings me back to my thought that the PTBs are going the route they're taking because they're deliberatly deconstructing the trope of Jack/Sam. I think they're going to show us all the ways that would never have worked.

Linda06
November 12th, 2009, 12:24 PM
*poke-a-Linda* Have you seen the episode yet?

*blinks* huh wha....... Oh sorry, I was nodding off there :o

Yes I have seen it, it was....um....a strange ep. I wasn't sure what to make of it :S

Young was in charge of Icarus. He's not very well going to bust himself for fraternization. :P

Oh be quiet you smarty pants :p *smacks senator with a crab* :D

RowenaR
November 12th, 2009, 01:25 PM
First jelly fish, now a crab... do you have an aquarium at home or something? :D

Linda06
November 12th, 2009, 01:27 PM
First jelly fish, now a crab... do you have an aquarium at home or something? :D

Aquatic life are my friends :D Wanna see my swordfish?

RowenaR
November 12th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Aquatic life are my friends :D Wanna see my swordfish?

...is it just me or did that sound like a pick-up line? http://www.bym.de/forum/images/bym2/smilies/suspekt.gif

Linda06
November 12th, 2009, 01:38 PM
...is it just me or did that sound like a pick-up line? http://www.bym.de/forum/images/bym2/smilies/suspekt.gif

http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_812.gif

senatorincitatus
November 12th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Again, this all brings me back to my thought that the PTBs are going the route they're taking because they're deliberatly deconstructing the trope of Jack/Sam. I think they're going to show us all the ways that would never have worked.

I do hope you're right about that, because it's a good indicator that they'll handle this completely differently than they've done with previous relationships in the franchise.

To answer your earlier question about repercussions, I agree that it won't engender a lot of confidence in Young's command. They could latch onto the fact that, after Young left TJ in charge, Gorman died under her command and maybe he wouldn't have if Young had chosen someone else. And I'm sure some would be wondering if he would have arranged for TJ to be on the shuttle whether she was a medic or not. Hypothetical scenarios, sure, but like you say, if they already mistrust Young, it's all just fuel on the fire from that point out.

I think the biggest problem would be Rush. I read an interview with Carlyle - wish I could find it now - where he said Rush would happily put Young out the airlock if he got the chance. Finding out about an affair between Young and TJ would probably be like winning the lottery to him. Which then makes me wonder if any of this is something that Young and TJ themselves have considered, and what lengths they'd go to in order to keep it secret, just to protect Young's command.

Oh be quiet you smarty pants :p *smacks senator with a crab* :D

Seriously, what is it with you and the seafood? :P

Linda06
November 12th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I do hope you're right about that, because it's a good indicator that they'll handle this completely differently than they've done with previous relationships in the franchise.

To answer your earlier question about repercussions, I agree that it won't engender a lot of confidence in Young's command. They could latch onto the fact that, after Young left TJ in charge, Gorman died under her command and maybe he wouldn't have if Young had chosen someone else. And I'm sure some would be wondering if he would have arranged for TJ to be on the shuttle whether she was a medic or not. Hypothetical scenarios, sure, but like you say, if they already mistrust Young, it's all just fuel on the fire from that point out.

I think the biggest problem would be Rush. I read an interview with Carlyle - wish I could find it now - where he said Rush would happily put Young out the airlock if he got the chance. Finding out about an affair between Young and TJ would probably be like winning the lottery to him. Which then makes me wonder if any of this is something that Young and TJ themselves have considered, and what lengths they'd go to in order to keep it secret, just to protect Young's command.

I wish they'd get rid of Young's wife, the scenes with them are boring :S

Seriously, what is it with you and the seafood? :P

Well I'm a little goldfish and they are my friends :D

RowenaR
November 12th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I wish they'd get rid of Young's wife, the scenes with them are boring :S

Amen to that. Plus I just can't stand her. I mean, she's supposed to be the victim here but all I can think about is "No wonder Young hooked up with TJ... she's about a million times more likable..." :S

http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_812.gif

What? "Wanna see my swordfish?"... it's really a classic, methinks :D

Linda06
November 12th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Amen to that. Plus I just can't stand her. I mean, she's supposed to be the victim here but all I can think about is "No wonder Young hooked up with TJ... she's about a million times more likable..." :S

This is true. Sometimes I just wanna smack his wife...Funny thing is, I loved her on that one episode she done on SG-1 :o

What? "Wanna see my swordfish?"... it's really a classic, methinks :D

Now that you mention it, yes it is. I really should learn to think before I speak :p

RowenaR
November 12th, 2009, 02:29 PM
This is true. Sometimes I just wanna smack his wife...Funny thing is, I loved her on that one episode she done on SG-1 :o

I never saw that ep but I was fairly certain it was not the actress's fault that I don't like Young's wife ;) I really wish, though, they 'd give us at least one good reason to feel sorry for her...

Now that you mention it, yes it is. I really should learn to think before I speak :p

Oh, but it's much funnier that way :D

Linda06
November 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I never saw that ep but I was fairly certain it was not the actress's fault that I don't like Young's wife ;) I really wish, though, they 'd give us at least one good reason to feel sorry for her...

I know, I don't feel any sympathy for her :S I'm not sure if we're supposed to :confused:

Oh, but it's much funnier that way :D

Well I'm always putting my foot in it :p

RowenaR
November 12th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I know, I don't feel any sympathy for her :S I'm not sure if we're supposed to :confused:

Someone should ask the produ... no, maybe not. Unless someone wants to join the "I got snarked at by the Stargate producers"-club ;)

Well I'm always putting my foot in it ;p

It's all that weird seafood habit's fault. You should lay off slapping other people with it :D

Linda06
November 12th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Someone should ask the produ... no, maybe not. Unless someone wants to join the "I got snarked at by the Stargate producers"-club ;)

Been there, done that, wore the T-Shirt, not going back :p

It's all that weird seafood habit's fault. You should lay off slapping other people with it :D

But it's so much fun :D And it keeps Jel in line ;)

Cory Holmes
November 12th, 2009, 02:52 PM
And I'm sure some would be wondering if he would have arranged for TJ to be on the shuttle whether she was a medic or not. Hypothetical scenarios, sure, but like you say, if they already mistrust Young, it's all just fuel on the fire from that point out.
This was exactly my thinking when the discussion came up. Depending on how the PTBs play this, there's a veritable goldmine of angst and conflict involved with these two, and maybe not just between themselves!

... you realize that goldfish are prey species, right? *duh-nuh duh-nuh*

RowenaR
November 12th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Been there, done that, wore the T-Shirt, not going back :p

Yeah, me too... although I didn't get snarked at, I simply was ignored... repeatedly.

But it's so much fun :D And it keeps Jel in line ;)

In that case... may I join you next time you seafood-slap someone? :D

Linda06
November 13th, 2009, 07:08 AM
*sigh* Okay here we go again.....please post before you crash please post before you crash

Yeah, me too... although I didn't get snarked at, I simply was ignored... repeatedly.

Most of us Teyla fans got pretty ignored too :mckay: Even Teyla got ignored :eek:

In that case... may I join you next time you seafood-slap someone? :D

Please do, the more the merrier :D

And what is wrong with GW NOW!!!! http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/computers/sc_6180.gif

senatorincitatus
November 13th, 2009, 10:08 AM

Do you routinely hit people with your friends? Because that's a little disturbing. :P

My read on it is that they're walking a really fine line with making Young an adulterer. He's pretty much our main guy, so we have to be able to like him, or at least get where he's coming from. Because adultery is seen as such a bad thing, we have to understand why he did it - hence making TJ awesome and his relationship with Emily problematic. That makes Emily less sympathetic, even though, on tradition alone, she'd typically be viewed as the innocent victim in all this.

I think they're trying to walk the line of letting us see both why Young cheated with TJ and why he wants to get back with Emily, but so far they haven't hit the balance. Emily's appeal, thus far, is being shown largely through Young's feelings for her and Louis Ferreira's performance, and not so much Emily's behavior. In fairness, she's not behaving all that unreasonably given the situation, but she's up against a lot and the sort of cold, sort of standoffish attitude we've seen, while understandable, isn't all that endearing.

This was exactly my thinking when the discussion came up. Depending on how the PTBs play this, there's a veritable goldmine of angst and conflict involved with these two, and maybe not just between themselves!

I do love the whole idea of this very private thing between two (three, counting Emily) people having very public repercussions that impact everyone. It's all contingent upon how it's played, of course, but it could be awesome if it's done even halfway right.

And now I'm gonna end up watching all episodes from here on out with a suspicious mindset, just looking for things that could be held against them later...

Cory Holmes
November 13th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I do love the whole idea of this very private thing between two (three, counting Emily) people having very public repercussions that impact everyone. It's all contingent upon how it's played, of course, but it could be awesome if it's done even halfway right.

And now I'm gonna end up watching all episodes from here on out with a suspicious mindset, just looking for things that could be held against them later...

*gleefully rubs hands together* Isn't it fun? Mwa ha :cool: From my end, I still want to know which part TJ blamed on him in Air II.

Linda06
November 14th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Do you routinely hit people with your friends? Because that's a little disturbing. :P

Now you're learning ;)

My read on it is that they're walking a really fine line with making Young an adulterer. He's pretty much our main guy, so we have to be able to like him, or at least get where he's coming from. Because adultery is seen as such a bad thing, we have to understand why he did it - hence making TJ awesome and his relationship with Emily problematic. That makes Emily less sympathetic, even though, on tradition alone, she'd typically be viewed as the innocent victim in all this.

I think they're trying to walk the line of letting us see both why Young cheated with TJ and why he wants to get back with Emily, but so far they haven't hit the balance. Emily's appeal, thus far, is being shown largely through Young's feelings for her and Louis Ferreira's performance, and not so much Emily's behavior. In fairness, she's not behaving all that unreasonably given the situation, but she's up against a lot and the sort of cold, sort of standoffish attitude we've seen, while understandable, isn't all that endearing.

hmmm you make good points here :) From what we've seen of Young's wife, she just doesn't come across as a very nice person. That's what I see anyways, not sure if they know what they're doing with her, but I don't feel any sympathy for her *shrugs*

*gleefully rubs hands together* Isn't it fun? Mwa ha :cool: From my end, I still want to know which part TJ blamed on him in Air II.

He left the toilet seat up :mckay: :p

Nynaeve506
November 15th, 2009, 11:58 AM
So I was wandering among the threads from my usual S/J obsession (LINDA! Look at you over here, fancy meeting you 'round these parts)... and found this thread and got excited because this whole tension thing with Young and TJ has me intrigued.

Bear with me - I missed the first episode (and haven't had a chance to go on hulu to check it out - did they show us anything in the first episode? Who was Scott with in the broom closet or whatnot? Thanks!)...

When Young had that hoTT dream about TJ I was totally *whoa*... I like the chemistry between them. That being said I cringe when I realize that Young is married and was having an affair. As a person who writes and enjoys good stories, I can appreciate Young as a flawed character. Military men cheat (not all, but a lot do, I grew up as an AF brat). You're gone from your family, you're lonely, you click with someone, you cheat. Not excusable but I can see how it happens.

Because I love marriage I want to see Young work it out on his wife or at least have him free before he does anything further with TJ. I want him to be a man of his word - he said it was over with TJ, so I want that to be TRUE. Am I making sense?

I love the chem. Maybe it says something b/c I'm a S/J shipper (I love those May/Dec relationships LOL - my husband doesn't get it, but I was always the kinda girl that would have had a relationship with a guy 20 years older than me if I found him interesting... never did, but I would have).

Would anyone be willing to list the hints they've given us of TJ/Young up to this point? The dream caught me off guard a little (although it's early enough in the series that I didn't find it out of place). I really need to rewatch all the episodes...

Linda06
November 15th, 2009, 12:08 PM
So I was wandering among the threads from my usual S/J obsession (LINDA! Look at you over here, fancy meeting you 'round these parts)... and found this thread and got excited because this whole tension thing with Young and TJ has me intrigued.

Bear with me - I missed the first episode (and haven't had a chance to go on hulu to check it out - did they show us anything in the first episode? Who was Scott with in the broom closet or whatnot? Thanks!)...

When Young had that hoTT dream about TJ I was totally *whoa*... I like the chemistry between them. That being said I cringe when I realize that Young is married and was having an affair. As a person who writes and enjoys good stories, I can appreciate Young as a flawed character. Military men cheat (not all, but a lot do, I grew up as an AF brat). You're gone from your family, you're lonely, you click with someone, you cheat. Not excusable but I can see how it happens.

Because I love marriage I want to see Young work it out on his wife or at least have him free before he does anything further with TJ. I want him to be a man of his word - he said it was over with TJ, so I want that to be TRUE. Am I making sense?

I love the chem. Maybe it says something b/c I'm a S/J shipper (I love those May/Dec relationships LOL - my husband doesn't get it, but I was always the kinda girl that would have had a relationship with a guy 20 years older than me if I found him interesting... never did, but I would have).

Would anyone be willing to list the hints they've given us of TJ/Young up to this point? The dream caught me off guard a little (although it's early enough in the series that I didn't find it out of place). I really need to rewatch all the episodes...

Hello :D You'd be amazed where I lurk ;) Someone has to keep these folks on their toes ;)

My problem with this TJ/Young thing is my fear of them having an affair, I don't want that. If Young was separated from his wife at the time then fair enough, I could go for that but having an affair while still with his wife, that I cannot go for. I don't want their relationship to be some illicit affair *shrugs* If they are gonna write a relationship between them then I at least want it to be a mature adult relationship.

They didn't show us any hint of a previous relationship in the first ep, the only thing really was when TJ was trying to save the doctor and she couldn't and Young was trying to get her attention he called her Tamara but TJ wasn't working and he had to get her moving. We haven't had any indication of any affair between them till that dream that Young had in the ep "Earth."

As for Scott, it was Lieutenant James he was bonking in the broom closet :rolleyes: The guy needs to learn to keep it in his pants :p

Nynaeve506
November 15th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Hello :D You'd be amazed where I lurk ;) Someone has to keep these folks on their toes ;)

My problem with this TJ/Young thing is my fear of them having an affair, I don't want that. If Young was separated from his wife at the time then fair enough, I could go for that but having an affair while still with his wife, that I cannot go for. I don't want their relationship to be some illicit affair *shrugs* If they are gonna write a relationship between them then I at least want it to be a mature adult relationship.

They didn't show us any hint of a previous relationship in the first ep, the only thing really was when TJ was trying to save the doctor and she couldn't and Young was trying to get her attention he called her Tamara but TJ wasn't working and he had to get her moving. We haven't had any indication of any affair between them till that dream that Young had in the ep "Earth."

As for Scott, it was Lieutenant James he was bonking in the broom closet :rolleyes: The guy needs to learn to keep it in his pants :p

I'm on the same page with you on the Young/TJ thing I think. Even if Emily isn't nice, she's still his wife, period. You know? And I guess thus far I've understood her behavior. He cheated on her - and he's always put his career before her (from what I gather). Being a military wife is *hard* - you're constantly on the move making it incredibly difficult to pursue a career or any sort of stable life. She hasn't had clearance so she only can imagine what he's doing and then, after being the faithful wife (that we know of)...

He cheats with a younger woman.

Ouch.

Would *you* want to see him after that? You'd probably be happy that he's in another galaxy with that hussy (her perspective). (Anyone familiar with that country song "Cheater, Cheater"?).

That said the characters Young and TJ have *great* on screen chemistry. I am curious how they plan on pursuing this "relationship" (and I did a whole lotta "NO HE DIDN'T" when Telford showed up on Emily's doorstep).

Next week promises us some more insight though :)

Linda06
November 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I'm on the same page with you on the Young/TJ thing I think. Even if Emily isn't nice, she's still his wife, period. You know? And I guess thus far I've understood her behavior. He cheated on her - and he's always put his career before her (from what I gather). Being a military wife is *hard* - you're constantly on the move making it incredibly difficult to pursue a career or any sort of stable life. She hasn't had clearance so she only can imagine what he's doing and then, after being the faithful wife (that we know of)...

He cheats with a younger woman.

Ouch.

Would *you* want to see him after that? You'd probably be happy that he's in another galaxy with that hussy (her perspective). (Anyone familiar with that country song "Cheater, Cheater"?).

That said the characters Young and TJ have *great* on screen chemistry. I am curious how they plan on pursuing this "relationship" (and I did a whole lotta "NO HE DIDN'T" when Telford showed up on Emily's doorstep).

Next week promises us some more insight though :)

Yeah I understand. And no I sure wouldn't wanna see him again if he cheated on me.

I do agree that they have great chemistry which is why I would have liked them to have developed a good friendship between them. I think they do have some sort of bond but I think a friendship would be a good thing rather than a romantic relationship.

Cory Holmes
November 15th, 2009, 01:11 PM
The other hint that some of us *whistles innocently* have latched on to is during Air II, when they were talking after he woke up. He apologized for taking her awa y from her scholarship and she replied: "That part's not your fault."

The question is, which part is his fault inher mind?