• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belonging (204)

Visit the Episode GuideDOLLHOUSE - SEASON TWO
    BELONGING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204

A wealthy and powerful associate of the Rossum Corporation turns his obsessions with Sierra into an ultimatum, threatening DeWitt if she does not imprint Sierra and deliver her to him ... permanently.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:10 PM.

Wow. Wowow. Far and away the best episode of the season, no question. And I think that's saying a lot because I despise Sierra.

I find Dichen Lachman very, very distressing just to look at. Something about her appearance is totally jarring, knocks me out of the suspension of disbelief necessary for watching a TV show. Now with that said, holy crap she acted her socks off this episode. Absolutely fantastic, I had absolutely none of complaints I just voiced.

And big thanks to KatG for unlocking the thread
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thanks for opening the thread KatG!

Loved this episode! Gosh, I wish the gap to the next one wasn't a month and a half!!

Ok, so that Doctor who was obsessed with Priya was completely creepy. A good example of an abuse of power! A whole party of dolls to seduce one girl?! That is just messed up! A sign of more abuses to come, no doubt!

Next, I expected Topher to maybe imprint Sierra with a Xena-type kung fu imprint to kill that guy, but I guess original Priya worked too! I hope he keeps his word when her time is up. I did not expect Boyd to come "dispose" of the body.

Dr. Saunders has a serious hate-on for Topher! I mean, he's not the greatest guy in the world, but he's not the cause of everything wrong in the universe! I'm surprised she didn't look into Sierra's drawings a little more. She was definitely blinded by her own hatred.

Last and maybe most important, I love, love, love Victor's love for Sierra. I love how he loved Priya thorough an imprint designed to make her love someone else and I love how he loves her as Victor being with Sierra. Waiting in that spot for her all day made me cry! And Topher acknowledging that they love each other was just beautiful. Love trumps all!!

Eliza's twitter was right- best episode of the season.
      sigpic

Comment

One of the best episodes of the series so far. This episode took Topher to a darker place and shows him to be a much more interesting character than he appeared to be before. I really liked that DeWitt told him that he was chosen for his job because he has no morals and the look on his face as he realised that's probably true. It was also really impressive that the show

Comment

It's really impressive that the show can have great episodes where Echo becomes more of a supporting character.

Comment

best episode of the season, I wonder if this is the starting point for Topher's breakdown seen in the special last season, with Boyd making him cut up and dispose of the body and all that guilt etc.

But they have a serious breakdown in communications if the hot shot programmer is ignoring love between "blank" dolls, and the head of security (presumably) gives another doll an all access security card instead of reporting her new abilities....

ROFL at Topher's scene at the beginning where Echo scares the crap outa him.

Comment

I have to agree that this was a fantastic episode. I love TV that entertains yet makes you think. This season Dollhouse is doing just that.

Sierra's story was heartbreaking. The doctor who had her made into a doll, was truly evil and I felt no remorse at his ending. Very sad though that Priya's only recourse to deal with what happened was to go back to being a doll. However, at least she's with Victor and that's a very real relationship.

Echo was good in this as well, playing a background character. I love how not only is she waking up, she's determined that everyone else will too.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                I have to agree that this was a fantastic episode. I love TV that entertains yet makes you think. This season Dollhouse is doing just that.

Sierra's story was heartbreaking. The doctor who had her made into a doll, was truly evil and I felt no remorse at his ending. Very sad though that Priya's only recourse to deal with what happened was to go back to being a doll. However, at least she's with Victor and that's a very real relationship.

Echo was good in this as well, playing a background character. I love how not only is she waking up, she's determined that everyone else will too.
                Extra agreement on that. I think it comes from Caroline's whole "save the puppies" attitude that got her into the Dollhouse in the first place.
                sigpic

Comment

Apparently Boyd has some secrets lol.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I'm glad I stuck with this series, this was the best episode yet. More of the same standard please!
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                      However, at least she's with Victor and that's a very real relationship.
                      Made all the more dementedly ironic by the fact of them feeling that way when neither of them are their real selves.... I'm not sure whether to be ridiculously happy or incredibly depressed about that.

You know they've done an episode well when....
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Made all the more dementedly ironic by the fact of them feeling that way when neither of them are their real selves.... I'm not sure whether to be ridiculously happy or incredibly depressed about that.

You know they've done an episode well when....
                        I think Victor's and Sierra's relationship proves that the heart knows what it wants, even when the mind doesn't. I thought it was very interesting, that even when Sierra was Priya, and didn't know who Victor was, she knew that she loved him, and as soon as she saw him back at the Dollhouse, she knew who he was.
                        sigpic

Comment

When I first read that the episode would be about Sierra I though "Oh shucks no, she SUCKS" but this was one hell of an episodes. I agree with th rest. This was one of the best dollhouse episodes and I can't tell you how much I loved Victor. His love for Sierra even in blank state and taking away all the black paint because the colour makes her sad. Topher is becoming also a more and more interesting character and yeah Saunder/Whiskey hates Topers guts to apoint where she couldn't really perform her duties anymore.

I hate it that Fox is treating the show so badly and I hate it that we will have to wait at least another month for a new episode. Who says that Fox will really pick up again or simply shelf the show as it is =(
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                            I hate it that Fox is treating the show so badly and I hate it that we will have to wait at least another month for a new episode.
                            At least, for our sake, they're pairing up episodes when it comes back (two on 12/4, two on 12/11, two on 12/18). Though I have a sinking suspicion that's Fox's way of getting their 13 episode commitment done as quickly as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              At least, for our sake, they're pairing up episodes when it comes back (two on 12/4, two on 12/11, two on 12/18). Though I have a sinking suspicion that's Fox's way of getting their 13 episode commitment done as quickly as they can.
                              That is what I am thinking too They want to get rid of the series as fast as possible.

There is something else I would like the mention. I loved the music in the episode. Bat for Lashes FTW and that song by Jed Whedon was also great. The editing in the episode was also spot on ( I always appreciate good editing)
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                              X