Spy onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spy onboard

Did anyone else think that the 'Eli spying on LT. James getting changed with the kino' WAS A RED HERRING?

Earlier Eli was being ganged up on by the other crewmen (including Lt. James); wanting info on current situation.

What if Eli was showing them how the Kino's work and they used Lt. James as a cover story. If they practice with the Kino's maybe they could spy on the head staff, gather info and start a mutiny?

A mutiny and a ship that's running itself doesn't exactly make a lot of sense.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

it will work. Right up until the point where they get manual control and steer the ship right into a star.

Comment

The only way I can see this happening is if the spy was a long term infiltrator at Icarus. If they wanted to get the person on board Destiny, surely blowing up Icarus wasn't the smartest way to go.

The should have just waited until it was successful then get them on board with the team that went.

Tho I do admit, the only real way that civ's and the like would get aboard Destiny would be in an emergency like the one the attack presented.

Did I just couter my own argument? Sheesh!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
        : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

I'd say yes, but not as far as a mutiny. It's very plausible. Perhaps we'll see later on in the series...

Comment

I like the idea of Kino's being used to spy on other crew members...
            They are a very powerful tool, can pretty much hide anywhere, film anything and record sounds as well - and also playback later on for proof.
            And with the dark and steampunky look of the ship, nobody will notice a Kino hanging around the dark side of the corner of the room spying on what is going on.

Also, there are quite a few scenes that are shown as if they were shot from an eye of a Kino - is it possible that Kinos are already used to spy on people around the ship..?
            Maybe someone already controls some Kinos' and spies on the rest of the crew for some devious reason or another?
            sigpic

Comment

i'm sure, eventually, the kinos will be used to 'spy' on someone. or to 'inadvertently see' something that sets a plot in motion.

right now, i don't think there's a malicious force on the ship or amongst the castaways. jsut a bunch of frightened people
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by encoder View Post
                the only way i can see this happening is if the spy was a long term infiltrator at icarus. If they wanted to get the person on board destiny, surely blowing up icarus wasn't the smartest way to go.

The should have just waited until it was successful then get them on board with the team that went.

Tho i do admit, the only real way that civ's and the like would get aboard destiny would be in an emergency like the one the attack presented.

Did i just couter my own argument? Sheesh!

it's telford
                sigpic

Comment

wasn't even aware of the possibility of a spy from the milky way O_O. but interesting sleeper plot.

Comment

no the kino did that on its own, its a horny little ball!

Comment

oh yea and the lucian alliance has a spy on board, who told them where icarus was, and now they are planning to get otehr lucian alliancee's aboard.....season cliffhanger.....

Comment

...nice...original....

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post
                          I like the idea of Kino's being used to spy on other crew members...
                          They are a very powerful tool, can pretty much hide anywhere, film anything and record sounds as well - and also playback later on for proof.
                          And with the dark and steampunky look of the ship, nobody will notice a Kino hanging around the dark side of the corner of the room spying on what is going on.

Also, there are quite a few scenes that are shown as if they were shot from an eye of a Kino - is it possible that Kinos are already used to spy on people around the ship..?Maybe someone already controls some Kinos' and spies on the rest of the crew for some devious reason or another?
                          I totally agree, there must be a reason for those kino shots

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                            ...nice...original....
                            original or not...its whats gonna happen

Comment

Perhaps other species who have boarded the destiny in the past have access to the Kino videos.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X