Stargates to enhance our ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargates to enhance our ships

i thinking why do we not have stargates on our ships. there lots of stargates out there that are not been used. there would be a huge use for them. if theres ever a problem with a ship then it could save every1s life. also our ships would not have to come home as often.

then i thought why stop there. if we build a facility thats powered by a zpm it could send the zpms power though the gate to power the ship on the other end. this would be able to give us the ability to make any of our ships as powerful as the oddy, which could be very useful when a 304 come up against a wraith fleet. also the gates we use could be altered to be made separate from the gate network like what Baal tried to do. this would stop the wraith from blocking use from dialing the gate.

imo the resourses needed to do this are very small compared to what would be gained.

What thoughts do u have on this???

i thought of this a while ago id have it in the hangar and build a gate fighter then you can sortie incredible numbers of fighters off a 304

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

it's probably usefull, but maybe it's easier to just travel to a nearby planet

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
        i thinking why do we not have stargates on our ships. there lots of stargates out there that are not been used. there would be a huge use for them. if theres ever a problem with a ship then it could save every1s life. also our ships would not have to come home as often.
        Being they take a long time to recalibrate to a new location (atlantis, season 4 when they were on the move) that would be extremely hard to do in the think of battle where it WOULD be needed. Also if you are near a planet which has dialed up already, yours would get locked out due to the proximity of another active gate.

then i thought why stop there. if we build a facility thats powered by a zpm it could send the zpms power though the gate to power the ship on the other end. this would be able to give us the ability to make any of our ships as powerful as the oddy
        Where are you getting the idea we can feed power from something on one side of the gate to the other?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Being they take a long time to recalibrate to a new location (atlantis, season 4 when they were on the move) that would be extremely hard to do in the think of battle where it WOULD be needed. Also if you are near a planet which has dialed up already, yours would get locked out due to the proximity of another active gate.
          we could recalibrate it before a battle or make a programe thatdoes it faster. the destiny mut b able to do it. also it would not get locked out because it would be on a seperate network.

Where are you getting the idea we can feed power from something on one side of the gate to the other?
          its done on first stike and beach head

Comment

Would be useful. I assume the Gates would be able to know where they are automatically, seeing as they're able to recaculate their position with correlative updates. So the only problem being dialing into the Gate?

Although, seeing as our ships seem to enjoy exploding (Well, Promethesius, Korlev & Future-Phoenix & Orion), adding a 'Gate to the blast may make things worse. If they don't survive the explosion, that is.

Comment

we could recalibrate it before a battle or make a programe thatdoes it faster. the destiny mut b able to do it. also it would not get locked out because it would be on a seperate network.

theres no evidence that the gate can be modified so that 2 gates can be active in close proximity to one another, and weve always been told that 2 gates cant work side by side or else a lot of problems could have been solved.

however, during battle it would be easy to move out of proximity of an active gate because you just have to move to another planet in the system or the set range you have to be away from an active gate to use it.

also on a side note, if its possible to go through a stargate while you have an active TDF then in the even that the ship is about to be destroyed you could activate the TDF and dial up the stargate and escape.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                theres no evidence that the gate can be modified so that 2 gates can be active in close proximity to one another, and weve always been told that 2 gates cant work side by side or else a lot of problems could have been solved.

however, during battle it would be easy to move out of proximity of an active gate because you just have to move to another planet in the system or the set range you have to be away from an active gate to use it.

also on a side note, if its possible to go through a stargate while you have an active TDF then in the even that the ship is about to be destroyed you could activate the TDF and dial up the stargate and escape.
                we could use avenger to stop them from activating the gate in the start.

Comment

First strike was weapons fire, not power to our gear. Since we have used missiles through the gate i don't see that as a problem.
                  Beach head was more than likely the Ori themselves channeling energy to the prior via the open gate..

Comment

First strike was weapons fire, not power to our gear. Since we have used missiles through the gate i don't see that as a problem.
                    Beach head was more than likely the Ori themselves channeling energy to the prior via the open gate..
                    but the power being channelled through the gate was also powering the shields so energy has to have been channelled through the gate.

and the ancients would have had a problem with the ori using their powers to do anything in this galaxy so more than likely the power came from the blackhole they were using on the ori end.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

we could use avenger to stop them from activating the gate in the start.
                      that would only work if the battle was pre planned and they werent just defending themselves when they were attacked. although i find it unlikely that the enemy would even know that we were using a stargate on our ships so i doubt that it would be a very big problem.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

it was not the ori because it was stated that it was the power of a blackhole been used.

sending missiles through could be a god idea. so far we probly have not used phase tech on our ships because we can not replicate it. if we send missiles through from Earth we could phase a nuke and send it through.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                          that would only work if the battle was pre planned and they werent just defending themselves when they were attacked. although i find it unlikely that the enemy would even know that we were using a stargate on our ships so i doubt that it would be a very big problem.
                          most of our battles with the wraith are pre planned. as we no the wraith can not sneak up on us.

Comment

We have that Asuran Ship Locator device, that could be modified so we knew the location of our ships in real time. This way we would know the exact location of the ship using a starmap and the gate would have a special program that would allow it to dial an of those ships.

Comment

In "Redemption," Anubis used a device to feed energy to earth's stargate to blow it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X