PDA

View Full Version : The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Pages : [1] 2

starg8fans
October 20th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Just found this game in another forum, and it sounds like fun. Ask any question (within GW rules) about Supernatural, and whoever answers it may not use 'yes' or 'no' (or :indeed:) in the reply. In all fairness, I suggest not to ask about anything from S5 for now to keep people who haven't seen it from getting spoilered.

Let's start - did you watch a Supernatural episode yesterday?

Madwelshboy
October 20th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Did you watch a Supernatural episode yesterday?

I havent watched one since Saturday.

Do you find Dean attractive?

starg8fans
October 20th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I havent watched one since Saturday.

Do you find Dean attractive?

Big time. :D (If this was a German forum I'd say the equivalent of "I wouldn't kick him off the edge of my bed", but it doesn't sound as good in English.)

Did the Scarecrow scare you?

Crichiel
October 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Big time. :D (If this was a German forum I'd say the equivalent of "I wouldn't kick him off the edge of my bed", but it doesn't sound as good in English.)

Did the Scarecrow scare you?

More than probably any other creature, especially when Dean got right in it's face! :eek:

Has there been any female character you thought WOULD be good match for Dean?

Madwelshboy
October 21st, 2009, 01:35 AM
Has there been any female character you thought WOULD be good match for Dean?

Out of the recurring female characters, not really. Maybe Anna, but i would need to see more interaction between them.

Do you follow Wincest?

Andron
October 21st, 2009, 01:45 AM
Do you follow Wincest?

That's not really my thing, cause I got a brother and I can't process how anybody can find this incest thing sexy *Uaghh* So I'm not following it.

Would you like to see John again and how would you bring him back?

Crichiel
October 21st, 2009, 02:13 PM
Would you like to see John again and how would you bring him back?

Would be a dream come true, but would have to be done very carefully so as not to disrupt the canon or cheapen his death. Until Kripke comes up with some genius story, how about another flashback ep?

If all the major players stay involved (Jared, Jensen, and Eric, etc.) do you want season 6?

Madwelshboy
October 22nd, 2009, 08:14 AM
If all the major players stay involved (Jared, Jensen, and Eric, etc.) do you want season 6?

Im indifferent right now, I want to see how season 5 ends. If its going to be this major story conclusion that's promised, id be more than happy for the show to end after 5 seasons on a high.

Do you think it was right to kill off all the psychic children at the end of season 2?

Crichiel
October 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Do you think it was right to kill off all the psychic children at the end of season 2?

The psychic kids storyline annoyed me (from what it sounds like, it annoyed the writers after a while, too!), so I think the correct decision was made.

Do you think Zachariah is a good guy, and just a little too overzealous?

starg8fans
October 23rd, 2009, 07:46 AM
The psychic kids storyline annoyed me (from what it sounds like, it annoyed the writers after a while, too!), so I think the correct decision was made.

Do you think Zachariah is a good guy, and just a little too overzealous?

I used to think this in the beginning, but Zachariah's later manipulative and callous behaviour made me change my mind.

Do you think the boys made the right decision to stop the faith healer from helping the girl with the brain tumor once they found out what was behind the miracles?

Crichiel
October 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I used to think this in the beginning, but Zachariah's later manipulative and callous behaviour made me change my mind.

Do you think the boys made the right decision to stop the faith healer from helping the girl with the brain tumor once they found out what was behind the miracles?

Sad as it was, I think seeing them willing to trade one life over another would have made it harder to respect them. It's different when they volunteer to trade their OWN life for another's. Tough choice, but I think it was the right one.

If you were in Sam's place, could you have killed Madison yourself?

Epideme
October 28th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Sad as it was, I think seeing them willing to trade one life over another would have made it harder to respect them. It's different when they volunteer to trade their OWN life for another's. Tough choice, but I think it was the right one.

If you were in Sam's place, could you have killed Madison yourself?
I'm strong enough to kill a loved one if need be.

If you were Dean would you say you loved Anna?

starg8fans
October 28th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I'm strong enough to kill a loved one if need be.

If you were Dean would you say you loved Anna?

I don't think I would. First of all, expressing his feelings is not something that comes easily to Dean, and then Anna is a fully fledged Angel again now and that would scare me even more.

Did you think the way young Dean was portrayed in After School Special made sense?

Crichiel
October 29th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Did you think the way young Dean was portrayed in After School Special made sense?

I actually didn't, and I don't THINK it was just the fangirl in me taking offence at the negative light it put him in. :S It seemed unlike him to brag about being a hero when he got defensive. Everything else I could buy, but not that.

Do you like the Ghostfacers?

starg8fans
October 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I actually didn't, and I don't THINK it was just the fangirl in me taking offence at the negative light it put him in. :S It seemed unlike him to brag about being a hero when he got defensive. Everything else I could buy, but not that.

Do you like the Ghostfacers?

LOL, I was about to ask this question last time, then changed my mind.

I liked them in Hell House and in TMATEOFB, but they really annoyed me in Ghostfacers. So if we never see them again I won't mind.

Do you think it was Dean in In the Beginning who actually caused what befell his family? That by trying to change it he made it happen?

Crichiel
October 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Do you think it was Dean in In the Beginning who actually caused what befell his family? That by trying to change it he made it happen?

That never even occured to me. I wouldn't put it like that at all. Way too many events had to come together before, during, and after that to be able to say any one person caused it, or could have changed it. Also, I have the insight of the commentary to go on, where Kripke said that Castiel sent Dean back in time just to bring him up to speed on what had happened, not because he could change anything. Course he was also talking about closed loops, so Dean ALWAYS went back...time paradoxes. Oy! My head hurts. :o

At the end of the series, do you want Sam and Dean to survive?

starg8fans
October 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM
<snip> Course he was also talking about closed loops, so Dean ALWAYS went back...time paradoxes. Oy! My head hurts. :o

Oops, sowwy!

At the end of the series, do you want Sam and Dean to survive?

I thought I did - but now you've made me rethink that. After all they've been through I thought they'd deserve some peace and quiet - but will they ever be able to find that on earth? They raised the question what lies ahead when you die several times, in Roadkill and Death Takes a Holiday, for example. So if it becomes clear that they would in fact go to a better place, then I'd rather see them go out with a bang.

Do you think the Trickster is evil?

Epideme
October 30th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I think that the Trickster is just a being borne to cause Chaos in any form. I'm unsure as to whether it's just in his nature to be like that so he acts like a jerk or that he is actually Evil. But I'd plump for him being Evil. (come on, how many times did he actually kill Dean..?)

In The End, Bobby wasn't there. Would you say he was dead?

starg8fans
October 30th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I think that the Trickster is just a being borne to cause Chaos in any form. I'm unsure as to whether it's just in his nature to be like that so he acts like a jerk or that he is actually Evil. But I'd plump for him being Evil. (come on, how many times did he actually kill Dean..?)

In The End, Bobby wasn't there. Would you say he was dead?

Reply spoilered for S5 (Could we all do that for S5 Q&As, please? I don't want to spoil anybody's fun. Thanks!)
I thought it was a given that Bobby was dead, after all Dean found his wheelchair with multiple bloody bullet holes in the back.
Would you be fooled by the boys' fake IDs?

Epideme
October 30th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Reply spoilered for S5 (Could we all do that for S5 Q&As, please? I don't want to spoil anybody's fun. Thanks!)
I thought it was a given that Bobby was dead, after all Dean found his wheelchair with multiple bloody bullet holes in the back.
Would you be fooled by the boys' fake IDs?
[I forgot about spoilers :S Oops! Well, I kinda forgot about the wheelchair too... I need to watch it again!]

Erm, anyway... The IDs probably would catch me out but I'm not sure, we have to be pretty suspicious nowadays with fraud and everything else!

Would you be able to defeat Lucifer?

starg8fans
October 30th, 2009, 04:27 AM
[I forgot about spoilers :S Oops! Well, I kinda forgot about the wheelchair too... I need to watch it again!]

Your question wasn't that spoilery, but in general I think we should respect those people who haven't had the chance to see S5 yet.

Would you be able to defeat Lucifer?

I doubt it. Unless (S5 again)I'm some Uber-Angel's vessel without knowing it. :D

If you had a Wishing Well, would you wish for a perfect mate? And if not, what would you wish for?

Epideme
October 30th, 2009, 05:40 AM
I doubt it. Unless (S5 again)I'm some Uber-Angel's vessel without knowing it. :D

If you had a Wishing Well, would you wish for a perfect mate? And if not, what would you wish for?

Mmm, intersting. I have my future lying next to me, so I doubt "perfect mate" would be my wish. I would wish for better luck with jobs as I currently don't have one and would definitely wish for one that pays very well!

Would you like to see Sam as Lucifer? (As in officially accepted Lucifer's offer of vessel-hood)

Crichiel
November 2nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Would you like to see Sam as Lucifer? (As in officially accepted Lucifer's offer of vessel-hood)

My answer:

I have mixed feelings about this. It would completely depends on his reason for giving consent. If it was to save Dean or something huge and sacrificial like that, I MIGHT be more forgiving. But in general, I don't want to see this happen.

Are there any scenes in the series that are too gruesome for you to watch?

Epideme
November 2nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
I can't watch the episode Bugs as I get badly freaked out but it didn't really matter as the story isn't integral to the main plot.

Are there any plots you have had trouble believing?

Crichiel
November 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
I can't watch the episode Bugs as I get badly freaked out but it didn't really matter as the story isn't integral to the main plot.

Are there any plots you have had trouble believing?

The nature of the show being what it is, I go into each ep with a VERY healthy suspension of disbelief!

Are there any episodes you think failed on all fronts?

starg8fans
November 4th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Are there any episodes you think failed on all fronts?

The only one that comes to mind is Ghostfacers. I just thought it was annoying from beginning to end. I realize it was supposed to be a rip-off on some of these cheap reality TV shows, but since I don't watch that kind of stuff the allusion went right by me.

Which of the Supernatural baddies deserve(d) the most to die in your opinion?

Betelgeuze
November 4th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Yellow Eyes.

Don't know if this should be in spoiler tags, but just in case:

Do you think it is a good thing for Castiel to become more human?

Crichiel
November 4th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Yellow Eyes.

Personally,I like him clueless on the human mannerisms front! ;)

Do you think John was a good parent?

starg8fans
November 4th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Yellow Eyes.

Don't think those spoiler tags were required, but anyway I like Cas the way he is now. This incredible mixture of wisdom and innocence is just great. Although I'm also grateful that he's not omnipotent, that would make things too easy for the Winchester boys.

How close are you to having a non-possession tattoo put on yourself?

Salamas
November 4th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Don't think those spoiler tags were required, but anyway I like Cas the way he is now. This incredible mixture of wisdom and innocence is just great. Although I'm also grateful that he's not omnipotent, that would make things too easy for the Winchester boys.

How close are you to having a non-possession tattoo put on yourself?

It's highly unlikely I'd get a non-possession tattoo, I can't stand pain, so a needle poking at me is a no go along with the fact that while my parents are paying for my uni I am not allowed to get a tattoo.

If you hear a suspicious noise at night, do you run a mental inventory of demon/ghost warding off items you have in your house?

starg8fans
November 4th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Personally,I like him clueless on the human mannerisms front! ;)

Do you think John was a good parent?

Oops, double post, so I'll go with this question!

That is very difficult to answer. He certainly wasn't very good at showing emotions or affection, which to me is an integral part of good parenthood. And I feel very uncomfortable with his leaving the boys along for so long at such an early age. So under 'normal' circumstances I would have to say he did not provide for the boys adequately, but given the family history I can understand his decision to raise the boys in a way that will help them defend themselves and survive against impossible odds.

I won't ask a new question but let you go with Sal's.

If you hear a suspicious noise at night, do you run a mental inventory of demon/ghost warding off items you have in your house?

Crichiel
November 4th, 2009, 12:13 PM

I love supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi shows, but am the ultimate sceptic (which is strange since I am so religious). I would never think a noise was something supernatural. Instead I send the dog to check if it is an actual human being trying to break in.

Do you like the 'meta-shows' where they make fun of themselves (Hollywood Babylon, Monster At the End of This Book)?

starg8fans
November 4th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I love supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi shows, but am the ultimate sceptic (which is strange since I am so religious). I would never think a noise was something supernatural. Instead I send the dog to check if it is an actual human being trying to break in.

Do you like the 'meta-shows' where they make fun of themselves (Hollywood Babylon, Monster At the End of This Book)?

I adore those. I was very hesitant at first, couldn't really imagine how they would be able to do it within the framework of the show so it made sense, but now I'm looking forward to see more (albeit not too much) of it.

Did you expect Dean to actually go to hell at the end of S3?

Crichiel
November 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Did you expect Dean to actually go to hell at the end of S3?

Maybe I shouldn't answer this, since I didn't watch No Rest for the Wicked in the typical manner. Before I really got into Supernatural I accidentally (read: kept the channel on after watching Smallville) saw In My Time of Dying, BUABS, and No Rest for the Wicked. I had no idea there was this big storyline with Dean's deal. I watched it without understanding the context. But I honestly think if I HAD watched the episodes all in order, I would have totally expected a last-minute save...but with a price. I wouldn't have thought they'd actually send him to hell.

Did you like adult Lilith (the one in MATEOTB and Lucifer Rising)?

starg8fans
November 5th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Did you like adult Lilith (the one in MATEOTB and Lucifer Rising)?

Not really - somehow she seemed stiff and artificial to me, like an oversized Barbie doll. I could see Lilith picking her, though, since he face was somewhat child like with those big eyes and high forehead.

Are you scared of clowns?

Crichiel
November 5th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Not really - somehow she seemed stiff and artificial to me, like an oversized Barbie doll. I could see Lilith picking her, though, since he face was somewhat child like with those big eyes and high forehead.

Are you scared of clowns?

Interesting. I have been thinking about this lately, actually. I don't think it is an actual fear, per se. And it definitely isn't a phobia, because I can certainly walk up to one if I am with one of the 1% of children that DO feel comfortable around them. But they totally creep me out! I don't like them at all, I don't WANT to be around them, and I don't understand people who find them amusing and enjoyable, or would heaven forbid, want to BE a clown! :confused:

If Adam were still around, would you have wanted him to join the brothers' hunt (whether full-time, or part-time like Bobby and Castiel)?

starg8fans
November 5th, 2009, 01:24 PM
If Adam were still around, would you have wanted him to join the brothers' hunt (whether full-time, or part-time like Bobby and Castiel)?

Under no circumstances would I have wanted that. I think one of the main reasons the bond between the brothers is so strong is that it's just the two of them. Three's a crowd, and whenever Sam and Dean would have gotten into a disagreement Adam would have taken one's side over the other's. That could have caused a rift between them.

Would you dare to say 'Bloody Mary' three times in front of a mirror?

iolanda
November 6th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Under no circumstances would I have wanted that. I think one of the main reasons the bond between the brothers is so strong is that it's just the two of them. Three's a crowd, and whenever Sam and Dean would have gotten into a disagreement Adam would have taken one's side over the other's. That could have caused a rift between them.

Would you dare to say 'Bloody Mary' three times in front of a mirror?

I already did, but nothing happened.

Would you buy a car like the Impala (all disadvantages inlcuded)?

Crichiel
November 6th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Would you buy a car like the Impala (all disadvantages inlcuded)?

In a heartbeat. It is the first thing on my list to buy when I win the lottery!

Were you nervous where the show was going with the introduction of angels?

starg8fans
November 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Were you nervous where the show was going with the introduction of angels?

I thought it was a great idea. We had been dealing with demons all this time, why not introduce the supposedly 'good guys' as well? I didn't anticipate at all how the 'heavenly host' would be portrayed, though. But I love it. Just another great example of how Spn deals in shades of grey rather than black and white, which makes every storyline so much more interesting.

Do you think Ellen was right to blame John for the death of her husband?

Crichiel
November 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Do you think Ellen was right to blame John for the death of her husband?

Need more info on this one. From what we saw in BUABS, Jo still knew nothing about the details. Does Ellen know all the details? Were all the details Sam/Meg was saying the truth? If that really is what happened and Ellen knows this, then I don't think it is fair to blame John. But people generally aren't thinking very clearly in situations like this.

Did you like Henrickson more when he was the bad guy?

iolanda
November 9th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Did you like Henrickson more when he was the bad guy?

Not really. When he was the bad guy, he was just a plain antagonist, I liked that they added a little bit of depth to his character.

Do you think that Dean ever had the chance to stop the apocalypse in S4 considering that he also had no clue that Lilith was the final seal?

starg8fans
November 9th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Do you think that Dean ever had the chance to stop the apocalypse in S4 considering that he also had no clue that Lilith was the final seal?

Well, thanks to Cas he did know at the very end. The question is, had he gotten through to his brother, who would Sam have believed - Dean or Ruby? I tend to say that he would have trusted his brother more, but as hopped up as Sam was on demon blood I'm not certain. It would have made for an interesting scene, that's for sure. And for a cliffhanger I'm glad we didn't have to suffer through...

Would you like to have some kind of psychic power like the 'special children', and if so which one?

Crichiel
November 10th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Would you like to have some kind of psychic power like the 'special children', and if so which one?

I don't think so. It didn't seem like any of the abilities were particularly useful to the kids, except in negative ways. I'd say Sam's visions, but they didn't guarantee he could help anyone in the visions, plus they came with killer migraines!

Did you like the reveal that Mary was a hunter?

starg8fans
November 11th, 2009, 01:37 AM
I don't think so. It didn't seem like any of the abilities were particularly useful to the kids, except in negative ways. I'd say Sam's visions, but they didn't guarantee he could help anyone in the visions, plus they came with killer migraines!

Did you like the reveal that Mary was a hunter?

I did. As far as I'm concerned, Dean takes after his Mom, and this was a good explanation why hunting came so naturally to him. It's in his blood. I wonder if John ever found out that he was not the first person in the family to go after fuglies.

Would you have allowed Castiel to take over your body?

Crichiel
November 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I did. As far as I'm concerned, Dean takes after his Mom, and this was a good explanation why hunting came so naturally to him. It's in his blood. I wonder if John ever found out that he was not the first person in the family to go after fuglies.

Interesting, I never thought of that connection between Dean and Mary before.

Would you have allowed Castiel to take over your body?

Castiel I might have. An archangel where I'd be a vegetable or dead afterwards? Not so much! ;)

Do you think it was a good choice to kill John as early in the series as they did?

starg8fans
November 11th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Castiel I might have. An archangel where I'd be a vegetable or dead afterwards? Not so much! ;)

Do you think it was a good choice to kill John as early in the series as they did?

It sure made for a heck of a shocker... And as much as I love JDM, I thought it was the right decision. The elusive Dad storyline was getting old, and if the three of them went back to hunting together we'd have Sam and John squabbling all the time, and it would mess with the boys' chemistry. The loss of their father also added layers of depth to the boys' characters, for example in the way they dealt with their grief. And finally, it gave Bobby the opportunity to slip into the role of surrogate Dad, which I adore.

If Adam had survived, do you think he would have joined his brothers?

Crichiel
November 12th, 2009, 02:37 PM
If Adam had survived, do you think he would have joined his brothers?

Doubt it. Even with Misha as a 'regular' this year, Kripke seems to realise that the story is best told through Sam and Dean alone. If Adam wanted to go off hunting, maybe he and Jo could have teamed up! :eek::D

Did you find the teddy bear from Wishful Thinking too over the top?

Salamas
November 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Did you find the teddy bear from Wishful Thinking too over the top?

I found it hilarious. It was just so amazingly done, I think that's how you'd expect something to react if it's just been animated and it finds that the world quite literally sucks. Anything less I think I would have been disappointed.

Do you think we'll ever see a large gathering of Angels in one place?

Crichiel
November 14th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I kinda hope we don't if it's for a big battle. I like the more intimate, personal battles more. But it would totally depend on the scene.

Related to topics that have come up recently between our boys: Do you think Sam's and Dean's working relationship is unfairly balanced (as to who is in charge of all the different aspects of hunting)?

starg8fans
November 14th, 2009, 01:00 PM
It's funny you mention it, because I've been thinking about this. I re-watched Nightshifter with Queen, and there was the scene where Sam and Dean interview Ronald, the night watchman who has the 'Mandroid' obsession. Dean totally lets Sam take point on this one. And when Sam tells Ronald that there's nothing at all to his theories, you can tell that Dean doesn't agree with it. But he holds his tongue and lets Sam do it his way. I know this is just one example, but it helps to support my opinion that the they were equals in their working relationship, even if Sam interpreted it in a different way.

Is there any kind of monster you would like to see on Spn that has not been introduced yet?

Crichiel
November 16th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Is there any kind of monster you would like to see on Spn that has not been introduced yet?

I'm not very well versed in the 'classic' monsters of horror and urban legend, so I don't really know of any more aside from the very silly: Frankenstein, Godzilla, Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Blob....hmmm, the Blob. ;) So needless to say, there aren't any more that I am looking for. I count on the show to introduce me to all these great stories.

I have been extremely impressed at how perfectly they match the guest/recurring roles to the actors on Supernatural, but are there any times that you think they really didn't 'hit it' well?

starg8fans
November 16th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I have been extremely impressed at how perfectly they match the guest/recurring roles to the actors on Supernatural, but are there any times that you think they really didn't 'hit it' well?

There was one that bugged me Big Time. Young Dean in After School Special. To quote Becky, so NOT what I pictured. Apart from the fact that I didn't see any likeness to Dean, his attitude rubbed me all wrong. Sure, adult Dean is a womanizer, but he does it with a twinkle in his eye and without taking himself too seriously. The young dude was just too full of himself. Oh, and the Pocahontas look-alike in Provenance. She was just a face, IMHO, there was no chemistry at all.

If they ever went on holiday, where do you think Sam and Dean would go?

Crichiel
November 16th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I would hope Dean someday makes it to the Grand Canyon, although I think he'd have more fun in Vegas!

Would you like it if Ben turned out to be Dean's son?

iolanda
November 16th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Definitely! They had a great chemistry together :)

Do you thing that its even possible for the boys to live a normal life, when all is said and done and the Apocalypse is over?

starg8fans
November 16th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Definitely! They had a great chemistry together :)

Do you thing that its even possible for the boys to live a normal life, when all is said and done and the Apocalypse is over?

That depends on your definition of 'normal'. I could imaging them finding a proper home, settling down in one place. But I don't think they'd give up hunting. They couldn't stop themselves from taking care of supernatural business and saving people when they read about it in the paper or online. On the other hand, if the Angels win the Apocalypse all the fuglies may buy it, and the boys would have to settle into a civilian life.

So folllow-up question - what do you think Sam and Dean would do if there was nothing left for them to hunt?

Crichiel
November 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM
That depends on your definition of 'normal'. I could imaging them finding a proper home, settling down in one place. But I don't think they'd give up hunting. They couldn't stop themselves from taking care of supernatural business and saving people when they read about it in the paper or online. On the other hand, if the Angels win the Apocalypse all the fuglies may buy it, and the boys would have to settle into a civilian life.

So folllow-up question - what do you think Sam and Dean would do if there was nothing left for them to hunt?

Hmmm, we sort of got away from the 'Yes/No" question format, didn't we? ;)Not that I care! :)

I think Dean would definitely be a mechanic. It seems to be the one other part of his life where he seems totally confident of his abilities. Sam, I have no clue! Maybe in Law Enforcement? I think he changed too much to want to go back to being a lawyer. I think he would want a more active (and action-oriented) role in stopping bad guys, even if they were human.

More follow up: at the end of a series, do you LIKE to see the "What happened afterwards" (as opposed to just stopping it at the end [or in the middle even] of the apocalyptic battle, a la Angel)?

starg8fans
November 17th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Hmmm, we sort of got away from the 'Yes/No" question format, didn't we? ;)Not that I care! :)

Oops, you're right, sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Glad you don't mind, though, sometimes I just can't think of the proper question.

More follow up: at the end of a series, do you LIKE to see the "What happened afterwards" (as opposed to just stopping it at the end [or in the middle even] of the apocalyptic battle, a la Angel)?

That would depend where there'll be a S6 or not. If it's the end, I wouldn't mind getting an idea what the future will hold for the boys. I don't think I could stand a cliffie, I'll need closure.

Do you think there's more between Dean and Jo than a sibling like relationship?

Crichiel
November 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Do you think there's more between Dean and Jo than a sibling like relationship?

I thought the explanation in BUABS had it right. I think that Jo would like it to be more, but that Dean thinks of her as a little sister.

Spoiler for S5 ep Abandon All Hope trailer
That's why I am very curious from the trailer for this one what is happening between Dean and Jo. Because from interviews, the writers all realised that Dean didn't think of Jo that way, that's why they dropped the storyline and put in those remarks in BUABS. So WHY is Dean kissing her? (That IS Jo he's kissing, isn't it?) I don't mind them sibling-like, I don't think they are a good match couple-wise, though.

Did you think Dean's death by Hellhounds was too graphic?

starg8fans
November 17th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I thought the explanation in BUABS had it right. I think that Jo would like it to be more, but that Dean thinks of her as a little sister.

Spoiler for S5 ep Abandon All Hope trailer
That's why I am very curious from the trailer for this one what is happening between Dean and Jo. Because from interviews, the writers all realised that Dean didn't think of Jo that way, that's why they dropped the storyline and put in those remarks in BUABS. So WHY is Dean kissing her? (That IS Jo he's kissing, isn't it?) I don't mind them sibling-like, I don't think they are a good match couple-wise, though.
Lizzie believes it's the famous 'Kiss of Death'. You know, when a couple finally gets together, only to have one of them die right after? That's my working theory ATM.

Did you think Dean's death by Hellhounds was too graphic?

Actually, I was surprised it didn't bother me that much. I'm usually not a blood-and-gore fan, but in this case I felt it was justified. It made Dean's sacrifice even greater, having to face what he did at the fangs and claws of the hellhounds. Actually, the next shot where Dean is hanging from those hooks, calling for Sam was a lot worse for me.

Did you like the way vampires were portrayed on Spn?

Crichiel
November 17th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Lizzie believes it's the famous 'Kiss of Death'. You know, when a couple finally gets together, only to have one of them die right after? That's my working theory ATM.

Actually, I was surprised it didn't bother me that much. I'm usually not a blood-and-gore fan, but in this case I felt it was justified. It made Dean's sacrifice even greater, having to face what he did at the fangs and claws of the hellhounds. Actually, the next shot where Dean is hanging from those hooks, calling for Sam was a lot worse for me.

Did you like the way vampires were portrayed on Spn?

I actually really do. I like that they don't follow most of the vampire cliches and stereotypes. Nothing I hate more in a show than predictability and/or unoriginality.

Do you like the idea of the Colt (or too much of a deus ex machina that solves everything)?

iolanda
November 17th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Do you like the idea of the Colt (or too much of a deus ex machina that solves everything)?

It was a good way to get rid of the YED, (S5) but I am not so sure if I like the idea that the colt also does kill Lucifer, its a little bight to mighty there.

Speaking of plot devices: don't you think that it is a little bit easy to bind a demon with some symbols?

starg8fans
November 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Speaking of plot devices: don't you think that it is a little bit easy to bind a demon with some symbols?

Well, we perceive demons as these superhuman beings, they needed to find some way the boys could fight back. And symbols have always played a great part, like fighting vampires with crosses. So I'll accept that. What I find hard to believe, though, is that the demons (and angels) usually fight with their fists. I mean, shouldn't they have all these supernatural powers?

S5
Do you think Bobby will eve walk again?

Crichiel
November 17th, 2009, 01:43 PM
S5
Do you think Bobby will eve walk again?

I'm thinking he won't. Too easy an out, and Kripke is all about consequences.

Do you think Supernatural's story is conducive to producing a viable spin-off, sans Jared and Jensen? (is there anyone else in the Supernatural world that you think is compelling enough to carry a full-fledged series?)

iolanda
November 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Do you think Supernatural's story is conducive to producing a viable spin-off, sans Jared and Jensen? (is there anyone else in the Supernatural world that you think is compelling enough to carry a full-fledged series?)

I don't think so. The Supernatural mythology pretty much already uses everything we have in the western world, we eventually will have something like a fight between angels and demons or God and Lucifer, its kinda hard to top this. And getting the leftovers won't carry a series.

Speaking of - do you think we will see the celebrity deathmatch with Sam and Dean as vessels?

starg8fans
November 17th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Speaking of - do you think we will see the celebrity deathmatch with Sam and Dean as vessels?

S5
Actually, I don't even think the writers know at the moment... I'm still trying to interpret that scene at the hospital where we saw what carrying an archangel inside did to that vessel. So if they decide to go with it, it will be the end for Sam and Dean one way or the other - either getting killed by the other, or turning into a vegetable. So this outcome will depend on whether there will be a 6th season.

I would like to think that the boys find a way to shape their own destiny and NOT go down this supposedly ordained path.

Have you ever had a Purple Nurple, and would you try one if you could?

Crichiel
November 18th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I suppose I'd try a sip to see if it taste as much like grape Kool-Aid as it looks like it does. But I actually don't drink (not for any pious moral reasons, simply despise the taste). Still, I'd be curious. Actually, now that I think about it, I think the recipe for it was in the season 2 companion book.

Do you like that Azazel, Ruby, Lilith, Meg, etc. get played by different actors each time?

starg8fans
November 18th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I suppose I'd try a sip to see if it taste as much like grape Kool-Aid as it looks like it does. But I actually don't drink (not for any pious moral reasons, simply despise the taste). Still, I'd be curious. Actually, now that I think about it, I think the recipe for it was in the season 2 companion book.

Do you like that Azazel, Ruby, Lilith, Meg, etc. get played by different actors each time?

I'm kinda torn about this. On the one hand I hate to lose a 'form' I've become used or even attached to, on the other hand it's great to watch how other actors carry on the mannerisms of earlier interpretations, showing the continuity. Although I must say, it's Jared who takes the cake in playing another character to perfection. His performance as Meg was spot on. I could never make the switch from S3 to S4 Ruby, though. They seemed like totally different characters.

What do creeps you out more - the spooky or the gory bits?

Sorry, another open question, I know. But the alternative would be to pick one category and have you agree or disagree, and that's creating prejudice already - that's my marketing research background kicking in here.

Crichiel
November 19th, 2009, 12:17 PM
What do creeps you out more - the spooky or the gory bits?

Sorry, another open question, I know. But the alternative would be to pick one category and have you agree or disagree, and that's creating prejudice already - that's my marketing research background kicking in here.

Like I said, it really doesn't bother me. The toughest part for me about coming up with a question IS putting it in yes/no form without putting in my own personal slant.

Forgive my rambling while I try and sort this out in my own mind. :o I am not a fan of horror in general. Mostly because of the things jumping at you, but the OTT gore also gets me. After so many episode of Supernatural, I have noticed I can now usually anticipate both the spooky and the gore, which takes away a bit from the shock. And WHEN I can see them both coming, I notice lately that I enjoy the spooky, but still turn away when I see a circular saw or a garbage disposal come into frame!...so I guess my answer would be the gore?

Is there any specific episode you really wish had been expanded more? Like there was more to tell, it felt too rushed, or the story was just too good to end where it did?

starg8fans
November 21st, 2009, 12:24 AM
Forgive my rambling while I try and sort this out in my own mind. :o I am not a fan of horror in general. Mostly because of the things jumping at you, but the OTT gore also gets me. After so many episode of Supernatural, I have noticed I can now usually anticipate both the spooky and the gore, which takes away a bit from the shock. And WHEN I can see them both coming, I notice lately that I enjoy the spooky, but still turn away when I see a circular saw or a garbage disposal come into frame!...so I guess my answer would be the gore?

I'm telling you, it's spooky how you mirror my own thoughts...

Is there any specific episode you really wish had been expanded more? Like there was more to tell, it felt too rushed, or the story was just too good to end where it did?

Actually, I can't think of one offhand. The writers have been doing an amazing job at telling the stories and tying up lose ends, even if it's seasons later. One episode that appeared a bit rushed IMO was Sympathy for the Devil. I think they tried to cram a bit much into that one, so it left a few question marks. For example when Dean had the time to draw the blood sigil on the sliding door. But I can forgive them for it, considering what an awesome season premier it was.

Do you agree with the spn.tv poll that Alistair is the best Spn villain ever?

Salamas
November 22nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Do you agree with the spn.tv poll that Alistair is the best Spn villain ever?

I have to say that as awesome as Alistair was, I don't agree with the poll. In my opinion Azazel was the best villain. This guy managed to trick everybody into playing right into his hands, even after he was dead. Now, that is awesome villainy.

Do you think God will ever show up?

starg8fans
November 23rd, 2009, 12:11 AM
I have to say that as awesome as Alistair was, I don't agree with the poll. In my opinion Azazel was the best villain. This guy managed to trick everybody into playing right into his hands, even after he was dead. Now, that is awesome villainy.

Do you think God will ever show up?

In the name of balance it would definitely make sense, now that we've met the devil. And anyway (S5 spoiler)it's been confirmed by Kripke that he will make an appearance at the end of S5, at the latest in the season finale.

In a direct fight between Lucifer and the archangel Michael, do you think Heaven would triumph over Hell?

Crichiel
November 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
In a direct fight between Lucifer and the archangel Michael, do you think Heaven would triumph over Hell?

In general, I would hope so because that is what my religion believes. In the context of the show (just in case spoilers, can't remember what all we've already revealed about S5 here): I would hope so because I am a Deangirl through and through and I ALWAYS want Dean to win! :o;)

Got this question from some fan complaints Kripke has talked about over the seasons. Do you think the show unfairly highlights one brother more than the other?

starg8fans
November 23rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Got this question from some fan complaints Kripke has talked about over the seasons. Do you think the show unfairly highlights one brother more than the other?

Well, it seems to me that Dean is getting a bit more attention in respect to plot lines - but being a Dean girl this may be only my impression because I can't get enough of him. I think on the whole it's pretty balanced, with both boys getting episodes that concentrate on their character development, while still including the other half. I did notice, though, that we already had a couple of double Dean episodes, but none with double Sam...

Did you enjoy the time travelling episodes on the show, and did they make sense to you in terms of cause and effect?

Crichiel
November 24th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Did you enjoy the time travelling episodes on the show, and did they make sense to you in terms of cause and effect?

In general, on any show, I dislike time travel and AU because it is too easy to cheat on consequences by either saying "But it didn't really happen" or by saying "We can't change the timeline, we can't change the timeline"...then they do. :rolleyes: But I like how Supernatural has done it. In the past, nothing WAS really changed. And the future was interesting enough, I was engrossed anyway! ;) Do they make sense to me? Never, they always hurt my head!

Do you think the pilot episode is still a good representation of what the show is about as a whole now that we are 4.5 years into it? (make sense?)

Salamas
November 26th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Do you think the pilot episode is still a good representation of what the show is about as a whole now that we are 4.5 years into it? (make sense?)

Definitely. The pilot is about two dysfunctional brothers coming together to fight things that go bump in the night, and the show is about that. Sure, some things have changed, especially the relationship between Sam and Dean, but at the core of it all it is the pilot is still a good and strong window into what you can expect in the next five seaons. The relationship between two siblings, the fighting of the evil monster, the unexpected twists and surprises and good putting down evil no matter how hard it may be.

S5.10 question
Do you think Jo and Ellen moved on after they blew themselves up?

Crichiel
November 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM
S5.10 question
Do you think Jo and Ellen moved on after they blew themselves up?

I think so. Jo seemed very accepting of what had happened, and Ellen is way to cool and accepting of life in general to become an angry spirit.

Would you name your child and/or pet after Supernatural (Dean, Bobby, Jensen, Jared, Lilith,...Azazel :D)?

starg8fans
November 28th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Would you name your child and/or pet after Supernatural (Dean, Bobby, Jensen, Jared, Lilith,...Azazel :D)?

A pet maybe, although it might be difficult - you tend to name a pet when you get it, but at that time you don't know its character yet. A child never. It would be too dangerous to project the personality of the character onto the kid, and that sounds like a very unhealthy thing to me.

On the show there have been several instances where the boys - under the influence of some spell or spirit - voiced their resentments or jealousy of each other. And later denied that they had meant it. Do you think this is really an issue, or is it just the fact that the creature (e.g. the Siren) messed with their heads?

Crichiel
November 28th, 2009, 05:10 PM
On the show there have been several instances where the boys - under the influence of some spell or spirit - voiced their resentments or jealousy of each other. And later denied that they had meant it. Do you think this is really an issue, or is it just the fact that the creature (e.g. the Siren) messed with their heads?

You can be jealous or resent family members (and other people) without it becoming a 'deal breaker' in your relationship. Like I am jealous that my siblings are all married with kids, and I know they get jealous that I have no one tying me down, but it doesn't mean we harbour ill-will towards each other, or are not still happy for each other and our accomplishments. I think that is where Sam and Dean are on these issues. I am sure at times Dean really is jealous that Sam got to have a 'real' life for a couple years in college, or Sam resents the way Dean treats him like a little boy sometimes. But I think they accept what life has given them regardless and don't carry that anger around 24/7. They are feelings that they can push to the side, until a supernatural outside force pushes them to the forefront.

Can you notice a style difference for each of the various directors?

starg8fans
November 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Can you notice a style difference for each of the various directors?

I guess I'm a really shallow person, but I don't really take note who wrote or directed which episode. So I couldn't say. But now that you mention it, it's a really intriguing question, and something I will look out for on my next re-watch. (And I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!)

If one of the boys had to die at the end of S5, do you think Sam would be able to better deal with his losing his brother than Dean would?

Crichiel
November 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I guess I'm a really shallow person, but I don't really take note who wrote or directed which episode. So I couldn't say. But now that you mention it, it's a really intriguing question, and something I will look out for on my next re-watch. (And I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!)

I actually can't tell the difference. :o That's why I was curious if anyone else could. They'll say in the commentaries how "This is a typical Kim Manners shot." Or "Only Ben Edlund would write something like this.", but I never see it. The only change I noticed was when Kripke was told against his will to change the look for season 3. I'm glad they changed it back!

If one of the boys had to die at the end of S5, do you think Sam would be able to better deal with his losing his brother than Dean would?

Interesting. Until it actually happened, I would have thought Sam that would have handled Dean's death in a healthy manner...but we soon learned THAT wasn't true, didn't we? ;) Though, I still do think he would handle it better than Dean. I think that Sam still looks at life more logically (even more so now), and Dean is all emotion. Funny, since Dean is always accusing Sam of being the 'girl'! :)

Do you think Dean would be able to deal with Bobby's death without spiraling like he did with John's death?

starg8fans
December 2nd, 2009, 03:25 AM
The only change I noticed was when Kripke was told against his will to change the look for season 3. I'm glad they changed it back!

What kind of 'look' were they aiming for? Do you mean the purported 'love interests'?

Do you think Dean would be able to deal with Bobby's death without spiraling like he did with John's death?

That depends when it would happen. With the Apocalypse on hand and Michael on his tail I think Dean would be to busy ATM to go into a nosedive, no matter what happens. Otherwise I'm sure he'd be just as broken up about Bobby as he was about John's death. Bobby has become a surrogate father to the boys, and his loss would be very difficult for Dean to bear.

Do you feel that Dean's being portrayed as the 'brainless jock' or that it's implied that he's more intelligent than he lets on?

Crichiel
December 2nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
What kind of 'look' were they aiming for? Do you mean the purported 'love interests'?

Do you feel that Dean's being portrayed as the 'brainless jock' or that it's implied that he's more intelligent than he lets on?

I can't remember where I read it, I think in the Supernatural magazine. Kripke was talking about how people had noticed in season 3 how they used more light and the colour palette had warmer tones, but said not to worry because they were going back to their usual look for season 4. I actually HAD noticed that difference. It doesn't scream at you, but it is there.

The best example of this is the end scene in It's a Terrible Life when Zachariah touched Dean. Until then, you might not have even noticed the colour being 'off' for the whole episode...then you see it shot in it's usual grey-er tone and you go, "Hey! Yeah, that DOES seem more Supernatural-ly." ;) Season 3 was like the pre-Zachariah part of the episode. A bit brighter in colour, with more yellows and less blacks, and a little more 'beauty light' on the boys (like they need it! :rolleyes:). Ok, back to the question:

I don't think of him as a jock for one, he comes off as 'I was too cool for organised sports'. Brainless? Not really. I don't think Sam thinks of him that way either, despite his surprise when Dean comes up with a reference. I think Sam (and the viewer) sees Dean as less 'intellectual'. Not that he isn't smart, but more that he is more street smart. That he was never that concerned about being book smart because 1) School was secondary to taking care of Sam, John, and hunting, and most of what is learned in school wouldn't help him with that. 2) Again, he was too cool to learn the 'geek' stuff 3) He had 'geek' Sammy around, who was great at that stuff, so let him do it! :)

Hindsight is 20/20, but do you think Sam's reasons for following Ruby were understandable/sound, not knowing who she was really working for? And if so, up to what point?

starg8fans
December 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
I can't remember where I read it, I think in the Supernatural magazine. Kripke was talking about how people had noticed in season 3 how they used more light and the colour palette had warmer tones, but said not to worry because they were going back to their usual look for season 4. I actually HAD noticed that difference. It doesn't scream at you, but it is there.

Ah, okay, thanks for the explanation. I'll have to look for that during my next re-watch. Which may be coming up very soon, I think I've managed to corrupt convince somebody else to give the show a try.

Hindsight is 20/20, but do you think Sam's reasons for following Ruby were understandable/sound, not knowing who she was really working for? And if so, up to what point?

Actually, I saw Malleus Maleficarum not too long ago, and I think that illustrated very well the difference between Dean and Sam. Where demons are concerned, Dean's world is black or white. Sam is either more open minded or more idealistic (wanting to believe there's a bit of good in everyone) so he's willing to give Ruby the benefit of the doubt. And at first she did position herself as a great asset, with saving Sam from the 'Magnificent Seven' and Dean from the witch, fixing the colt and giving them intel. But I'd say the moment she started talking about him drinking demon blood all his alarms should have gone off. I'm not sure we actually know when he took his first swig. If it was during the time Dean was still in hell it may be more understandable given the state Sam was in then, probably not even caring what happened to him.

Of the seven deadly sins, Lust came after Dean and Pride (and a few others) went after Sam. Which one do you think would have come after you?

Crichiel
December 3rd, 2009, 08:52 AM
Of the seven deadly sins, Lust came after Dean and Pride (and a few others) went after Sam. Which one do you think would have come after you?

Probably Wrath. I have a pretty wicked temper. :o

Do you think Sheriff Whats-Her-Name-Original-Weir was right to kill Pa Bender in The Benders?

starg8fans
December 3rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
Do you think Sheriff Whats-Her-Name-Original-Weir was right to kill Pa Bender in The Benders?

Hell yeah! As Dean said, that was one sick puppy, and I don't think he was fit to keep living in any human community.

Do you think Sam would have stayed with Madison and given up hunting if there had been a way to reverse the whole werewolf thing?

Crichiel
December 4th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Hell yeah! As Dean said, that was one sick puppy, and I don't think he was fit to keep living in any human community.

Do you think Sam would have stayed with Madison and given up hunting if there had been a way to reverse the whole werewolf thing?

I don't think he would have given up hunting. At that point, I think he kind of accepted their need for the hunting life again. Especially since the YED was still around and he was still trying to figure out his visions. And there was his overwhelming concern in season 2 that he was going to turn evil. That alone would have probably kept him out of a long-term relationship, for fear of getting Madison hurt.

Is there one episode that you could call a favourite? Not a favourite finale or premiere, not a favourite Dean ep or Sam ep, funny ep or serious ep, not a favourite of a particular season, but ONE episode out of the 92 that stands above all others for you?

starg8fans
December 4th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Is there one episode that you could call a favourite? Not a favourite finale or premiere, not a favourite Dean ep or Sam ep, funny ep or serious ep, not a favourite of a particular season, but ONE episode out of the 92 that stands above all others for you?

Actually, there is. It's Folsom Prison Blues since it's the first Spn episode I ever watched. A friend recommended it to me, so I went on YT, and that's the first one I found. I was hooked instantly. And the moment Dean got whumped by the creepy nurse ghost made me a Dean girl forever.

Would you say that every season so far has been better than the ones before it? And which one is your favorite?

Crichiel
December 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Would you say that every season so far has been better than the ones before it? And which one is your favorite?

I actually wouldn't. :o Sorry. I think season 3 was amazing, season 4 was outstanding, and I adore season 5 so far....but, season 2 was unbelievable to me. If I had to list 10 favourite episodes, something like 6 or 7 of them would be from that season alone! So, it WOULD be true for me that each season it gets better, but so far nothing has topped season 2.

Hmmm, how to phrase for a 'yes or no'? Ok, Do you have a favourite Dean-death from Mystery Spot?

starg8fans
December 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I actually wouldn't. :o Sorry. I think season 3 was amazing, season 4 was outstanding, and I adore season 5 so far....but, season 2 was unbelievable to me. If I had to list 10 favourite episodes, something like 6 or 7 of them would be from that season alone! So, it WOULD be true for me that each season it gets better, but so far nothing has topped season 2.

Hmmm, how to phrase for a 'yes or no'? Ok, Do you have a favourite Dean-death from Mystery Spot?

I'm torn. I love the electrocution, where his bones shine through just like in a comic. But I also love the scene with the dog - that was so unexpected! And of course the twist of Sammy killing him with the axe in the haunted house... I just can't decide. Each and every one was brilliant in its own right, and I would have loved to see more of them. For example Sam's comment that the waitress is such a bad archer opens up endless possibilities I would have liked to see.

Okay, no way I can phrase this as "yes or no' - who do you think takes more after their father, Sam or Dean?

Crichiel
December 7th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Okay, no way I can phrase this as "yes or no' - who do you think takes more after their father, Sam or Dean?

What happened to Salamas? This has turned into a Stars/Crichiel private game!! :( That's all right though, I'm still having fun! :)

In hunting, I would say Dean is more like John. But as the whole person package, absolutely Sam is way more of a John-clone. The passion, the way they are both willing to put a hunt before family. When Dean made the comment about how alike Sam and John were in Jump the Shark, I totally agreed with that.

Which of the boys do you think is more like their mother (from the little we've seen of her.)?

iolanda
December 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
What happened to Salamas? This has turned into a Stars/Crichiel private game!! :( That's all right though, I'm still having fun! :)

In hunting, I would say Dean is more like John. But as the whole person package, absolutely Sam is way more of a John-clone. The passion, the way they are both willing to put a hunt before family. When Dean made the comment about how alike Sam and John were in Jump the Shark, I totally agreed with that.

Which of the boys do you think is more like their mother (from the little we've seen of her.)?

I am also still lurking, because this is one of the most interesting threads around!

Here I'd go for Sam as the one who was a hunter but decides against it, at least until he was more or less forced to go hunting again. There is also the he believes and prays, which (as stated by his brother) was also something their mother did. For more we just don't know Mary good enough.

Do you think that it is evident, that Kripke knew from the start what he had in mind for the brothers, or are the changes he made during the run big enough that some things from the earlier seasons are wrong now?

starg8fans
December 8th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I am also still lurking, because this is one of the most interesting threads around!

Glad you decided to join in again!

Do you think that it is evident, that Kripke knew from the start what he had in mind for the brothers, or are the changes he made during the run big enough that some things from the earlier seasons are wrong now?

I know for a fact that Kripke made a lot of important decisions while the show was already airing, such as bringing in the angels. That was not planned from the start. But as yet I have not found any major plot holes or inconsistencies. I'm planning an A-Z re-watch soon, though, so I'll look be looking out for anything that doesn't gel based on what I know is to come.

Would you watch a spin-off of the show that didn't have Sam and Dean in it? And if so, what secondary character would you like it to center around?

Crichiel
December 8th, 2009, 08:32 AM

Hi, iolanda! I am so glad you find us entertaining, I find myself rather dull! :D Didn't mean to make you come out of lurking, but it's so nice to have another voice join in! :)

Would you watch a spin-off of the show that didn't have Sam and Dean in it? And if so, what secondary character would you like it to center around?

This wouldn't be a 'yes/no' question for me anyhow, it is more complicated than that. It would totally depend on what the show is about, not who was in it. I don't watch spin-offs JUST because it is a spin-off of a show I like. I have written other posts about this in the Stargate threads. Let's see if I can condense them and just hit a couple of my main points.

I will give a proven creator (Joss Whedon, J.J. Abrams, Brad Wright) and a handful of favourite actors, a little bit more leeway than others when choosing a new show to watch. But for the most part I really pick which shows to watch by how much the premise appeals to me. I've learned not to trust implicitly that because I liked one show, I will like the other.

Examples: I loved SG-1, liked SGA, have no interest in the whole premise of SGU. I loved Buffy, loved Angel, loved Firefly, but can't get myself to care about the story going on the The Dollhouse. Liked Alias, love Lost, am 'meh' about Fringe. This is true of actors, too. I gave Sanctuary more of a shot than most shows I try, but I just couldn't get into it no matter how much I love Amanda.

On the other hand, I didn't know anyone involved in Chuck (outside a familiarity with Adam Baldwin), but the idea of the show grabbed my attention and I loved it first time I saw it. I didn't think much of Castle the first couple of episodes I saw, but I gave it a little more time because I like Nathan Fillion so much and I learned to like it. Not love it, but I do enjoy it.

Hmm. Guess I COULDN'T condense it very well! ;) Sorry, trying to get to the point here :o which is...If a Supernatural spin-off were announced, it would first of all depend on if Kripke were involved. Then I would want to know which writers were retained. Then I would want to know the premise. THEN I would want to know who the characters were, and THEN I would probably give it a shot (4-6 episodes) to see how well the idea is executed and judge it like I would any new show. If it holds my interest, I'd keep watching. If not, I wouldn't spend my precious little free time watching a show I don't like out of a feeling of loyalty!

Ok, I'll try and ask a simple one! (bet you thought yours was when you asked it, didn't you starg8fans! ;))

Do you think Supernatural ever crosses this line into too melodramatic/soap opera-y?

starg8fans
December 11th, 2009, 07:30 AM
This wouldn't be a 'yes/no' question for me anyhow, it is more complicated than that.

<snipped for length>

Ok, I'll try and ask a simple one! (bet you thought yours was when you asked it, didn't you starg8fans! ;))

Hey, I enjoyed hearing your thoughts. Don't know a lot of the shows you mentioned, but your point was definitely well documented.

Do you think Supernatural ever crosses this line into too melodramatic/soap opera-y?

Surprisingly, it doesn't. And I credit the talent of the actors with this. If you were reading about all this heartbreak and saving each other, it would sound like complete drivel. But the way they present it is done with - yes - a lot of emotion, but it feels... can't really find the word for it, but definitely not sappy. Which is what I associate with soap operas, although I'm no judge really since I don't watch them. I guess the closest it ever came to this was whenthe boys separated at the end of Good God Y'all.
Okay, another open ended one - what would you say are the boys' biggest weaknesses, apart from each other?

Crichiel
December 11th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Okay, another open ended one - what would you say are the boys' biggest weaknesses, apart from each other?

Dean-Acts before he thinks things through too often.

Sam-In the past couple of seasons his weakness has become that he looks TOO much at the bigger picture and isn't paying enough attention to the immediate consequences.

Is there an episode that, if you think about it objectively, isn't a very believable story (or even what you would consider 'good'), but you enjoy it anyway because Jared and Jensen acted above the poor material?

starg8fans
December 11th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Hey, congrats on passing 2,000 posts! *high fives*

Is there an episode that, if you think about it objectively, isn't a very believable story (or even what you would consider 'good'), but you enjoy it anyway because Jared and Jensen acted above the poor material?

Well, I'm no standard because I'm an extremely gullible person, and I'll accept just about anything. I guess the one episode that comes to mind here is Croatoan. A demonic virus? I mean, what the heck? It's also hard to portray since it's invisible, but I think our boys did an outstanding job at showing how they dealt with the consequences.

Which brings me to my next question - do you think Croatoan had the worst (or best? ;)) cliffhanger of all Spn eps, or is there another you rate higher?

iolanda
December 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Croatoan had a special cliffhanger? *scratches head* Oh, wait, that was the scene with the boys at the river, now I see what you mean. Yes that would have been some wait for the next episode If I hadn't watched it on DVD for the first time.

But the worst (and with this: best) cliffhanger is the end of S3 for me. You just think that this might be the right time to pull something out of the hat, but no.

There are a lot of things which are quite unrealistic in SPN, like that the boys never really run out of money, con their way into nearly everything, can park their not very decent car everywhere and not get caught, sometimes very fast changes of daytimes, and so on. Do these points bother you?

Crichiel
December 11th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Hey, congrats on passing 2,000 posts! *high fives*

Thanks! :)

There are a lot of things which are quite unrealistic in SPN, like that the boys never really run out of money, con their way into nearly everything, can park their not very decent car everywhere and not get caught, sometimes very fast changes of daytimes, and so on. Do these points bother you?

It really doesn't. I have suspension of disbelief like you wouldn't believe. I figure if you are buying the premise of demons, guns with magic bullets, and time travel, you don't quibble about the little details! ;) If you are noting things like where they park, then the story must not be that interesting....and that is almost never the case with Supernatural.

Do you think Jared is due for a new hairstyle?

iolanda
December 12th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Do you think Jared is due for a new hairstyle?

Good Question!

Imho, Jared is. Not so much Sammy, though because I think that the hair is part of the role but I'd love to see Jared with a total different hairstyle, just for the change of it. I know that he had shorter hair in Gilmore Girls, but the style wasn't that different. I guess he counts on it that the longer hair makes him appear not as tall as he is, because he would definitely appear taller with a buzz cut (see: Chris Heyerdahl).

And just because I am watching it at the moment: What do you think would have happened, if Dean hadn't made the deal in AHBL, concerning the current storyarc?

starg8fans
December 12th, 2009, 04:31 AM
And just because I am watching it at the moment: What do you think would have happened, if Dean hadn't made the deal in AHBL, concerning the current storyarc?

Interesting question. Knowing what we know today, I'd have to say we would probably still be where we are now. If Sam and Dean are Lucifer's and Michael's vessels, and their ultimate battle had been ordained from the dawn of time, some higher power would have found a way to make the important things happen.Sam would have somehow come back from the dead, and Dean would have gone to hell.

Did you think Ruby was actually on the boys' side at the beginning of S4?

Crichiel
December 12th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Did you think Ruby was actually on the boys' side at the beginning of S4?

I would have guessed 'no', but before I even gave it too much thought, I had listened to the commentary on Lucifer Rising where Kripke said the intention was ALWAYS that Ruby was evil and working for Lilith, from the time she showed up in Magnificent Seven.

Is there any character you would like to see made more of a regular (like Castiel is a regular, not like Dean and Sam!)?

starg8fans
December 12th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Is there any character you would like to see made more of a regular (like Castiel is a regular, not like Dean and Sam!)?

I'd say the Trickster. Especially after the recent developments he could make for a great story arc, oscillating between the different camps. And causing havoc along the way. For my taste, Lucifer this season is too much of an uber-villain, I'd like somebody a little more tangible like Alistair in S4. The Trickster could fill that role. I was also thinking about Chuck, but I can't really see how they could write an interesting enough story arc around him.

Would you like to see more AU episodes such as It's a terrible life, exploring the what-if issues of Sam and Dean not hunting?

Crichiel
December 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I'd say the Trickster. Especially after the recent developments he could make for a great story arc, oscillating between the different camps. And causing havoc along the way. For my taste, Lucifer this season is too much of an uber-villain, I'd like somebody a little more tangible like Alistair in S4. The Trickster could fill that role. I was also thinking about Chuck, but I can't really see how they could write an interesting enough story arc around him.

Would you like to see more AU episodes such as It's a terrible life, exploring the what-if issues of Sam and Dean not hunting?

I've said it a few times, I'm not an AU fan. I am pleasantly surprised at what a great job Supernatural does with them (one of my favourite episodes, WIAWSNB, is an AU!), but I don't want any more than they have done.

Got this from a video where a fan asked Eric, et al. why Sam doesn't get to drive: Do you think Dean should allow Sam to drive more?

iolanda
December 26th, 2009, 03:24 PM
With all the long distances they drive I always thought that Sam does drive the Impala, its just not shown on the show because the Impala is Deans baby, and Sam has to drive when Dean sleeps or recovers so there's not too much conversation then. I don't need to see Sam driving the Impala more often, it is OK the way it is.

I am currently rewatching S3, and there is quite a gap in the story because of the writers strike. Do you think, that there should be an episode (or an official book/ graphic novel/ comic) dealing with this "lost months" and what the Winchesters were doing to get Dean out of his contract?

Crichiel
December 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I am currently rewatching S3, and there is quite a gap in the story because of the writers strike. Do you think, that there should be an episode (or an official book/ graphic novel/ comic) dealing with this "lost months" and what the Winchesters were doing to get Dean out of his contract?

I know I'd buy it if there was!! :D

Speaking of...Kripke said the plan initially was to get Dean out of the deal, but they had to change it because of the writer's strike. Do you think this was a good thing (that it had to be changed), or not?

starg8fans
December 30th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Got this from a video where a fan asked Eric, et al. why Sam doesn't get to drive: Do you think Dean should allow Sam to drive more?

Actually, it's funny - I just re-watched Wendigo, which is only ep 1.02, and Dean gives Sam the keys to drive at the end. So I don't think it's as much of an issue as the fans make it.

I know I'd buy it if there was!! :D

Speaking of...Kripke said the plan initially was to get Dean out of the deal, but they had to change it because of the writer's strike. Do you think this was a good thing (that it had to be changed), or not?

I'd say that's the only good thing coming out of the writers' strike then. Unfortunately I was spoilered before watching the season finale, but it was one of the many times Kripke did the unexpected. Most people thought they'd manage to get Dean out of the deal - but then they didn't. And I think it was the better solution, not only because it was a great intro into the whole Angel myth arc, but also because it would have been a bit of a letdown after they had stressed so many times during the season that there was no way Dean could weasel out of this.

This is after a discussion I had with a friend about another character - do you feel the writers are using food to stereotype Dean as a 'hick' or yahoo?

LizzieAnne
December 30th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Hey...thought I'd show my face in here before the end of the year :P

I’ve never thought it makes Dean a hick in any way. I see him as a classic archetype.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Kripke based Dean and Sam’s characters on the old classical belief system of Earth, Air, Water and Fire. Dean being more Earth and Fire as he likes the basic pleasures of life. Sex, food and rock music (earth) and also tends to act first and think later (fire).

I like the way Dean and food is used as a fun element too plus there are some who think Dean chomping away is more than a bit sexy. (and you know the writers, they don’t miss a trick) :D

I see Dean as a semi-father figure to Sam so do you think he could ever let Sam make his own way in life, with his blessing, even though he disagreed with his choice?

Crichiel
December 30th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I see Dean as a semi-father figure to Sam so do you think he could ever let Sam make his own way in life, with his blessing, even though he disagreed with his choice?

I think Dean did so when Sam left for college. All of Sam's complaints were that John gave him a hard time. He never said Dean did. I also think Dean was giving his blessing in his own way when in Good God, Y'all, he offered Sam the Impala. Also, when Sam called him a couple episodes later, Dean was still focusing on hunting. He wasn't pestering Sam about coming back.

That said, I don't think he could ever COMPLETELY stop treating him like a kid brother/son in little ways when they are together. No matter how hard he tries and no matter how much Sam asks him to. Look at ep 5.07 The way both Bobby and Dean treat Sam when he wants to play the witch in poker.

Once a parent(big brother) always a parent, no matter how old your 'child' gets.

NOT a spoiler, because I haven't read any and have no clue what will or won't happen: But IF they kill off Bobby (PLEASE NO!!!!!), would you want them to do it in a final episode, or midway through season 8 (I'm optimistic! :D) so that we can see some repercussions on such a big loss to the boys?...(I know, I lost the 'yes/no' thing again!) :o

starg8fans
December 30th, 2009, 01:32 PM
NOT a spoiler, because I haven't read any and have no clue what will or won't happen: But IF they kill off Bobby (PLEASE NO!!!!!), would you want them to do it in a final episode, or midway through season 8 (I'm optimistic! :D) so that we can see some repercussions on such a big loss to the boys?...(I know, I lost the 'yes/no' thing again!) :o

I'm all for S8 as well!!

That said, I'd prefer to see Bobby go - if he has to - in the final episode. The boys have gone through so much loss and hardship, I wouldn't want to see them having to deal with getting over yet another major heartbreak. As much as I like emo whump, there's a limit. And I don't want the boys broken and shattered inside. Actually, if any one of them will be killed off, I'd like them all to go out together with a big bang in the end.

I believe everybody in here is up to speed with S5, so do you think Chuck and Becky would make a good couple?

Crichiel
December 31st, 2009, 12:13 PM
I believe everybody in here is up to speed with S5, so do you think Chuck and Becky would make a good couple?

Probably one of the best matches made on the show. I think they are quite cute together!

Do you notice little inconsistences while watching an episode through the first time (or does it take several viewings and/or someone else pointing them out before you see them)?

starg8fans
January 2nd, 2010, 05:51 AM
Do you notice little inconsistences while watching an episode through the first time (or does it take several viewings and/or someone else pointing them out before you see them)?

Very rarely. Usually I'm too caught up in the plot and too busy ogling the pretty boys to notice. I'm shallow, I know. Two things that bothered me on the first watch, though, was the fact that the kid in Dean in the Water was way too grown to be a 4-year old, and the too short night in Bugs. Oh, and I always notice continuity errors with the level of drinks in glasses. I seem to be having an unhealthy attraction to alcohol.

Do you think it's noticeable that all episodes are shot in the same location?

Crichiel
January 4th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Do you think it's noticeable that all episodes are shot in the same location?

I've seen a couple of houses and two different motels used more than once, but I think they do a better job hiding Vancouver than Stargate or X-Files ever did.

Do you think the ongoing story arc is getting too convoluted (a la X-Files)?

marielabbott
January 4th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Do you think the ongoing story arc is getting too convoluted (a la X-Files)?

*peeking out of lurkdom*

I'm not sure if there's any show I've ever watched that had a more convoluted story arc/mythology than the X-files (I hear Lost has a doozy, but I don't watch). I don't think the current story arc in Supernatural is anywhere near that density. :p

Do you think a spin-off show of Supernatural would be a success?

Crichiel
January 5th, 2010, 09:19 AM
*peeking out of lurkdom*

Do you think a spin-off show of Supernatural would be a success?

Hi marielabbott!!

The loyal uber-fan in me says "OF COURSE IT WOULD!!". The realist in me (which is the stonger part in me) says, "Sadly, it wouldn't". The original show itself has numbers that barely keep it on the air, and talking to people out in the real world (i.e. those NOT in this forum ;)), I find that no one else has even heard of Supernatural! :(:(:( It would probably get the kind of numbers that any new CW show gets, which isn't very much, and CW doesn't seem as willing to keep new shows on without the numbers, like they were when Supernatural started.

Have you bought any Supernatural related merchandise? (was this asked before? I can't remember!)

marielabbott
January 5th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Have you bought any Supernatural related merchandise? (was this asked before? I can't remember!)

I have only purchased the DVDs. I've never been one to buy a lot in the form of fannish merchandise; it comes from being a student, and now repaying all those lovely loans from my time as a student. I did almost buy a hoodie with "Got rock salt?" off Cafe Press awhile back though. :p

(Please forgive me if this has been asked before; I also can't remember all the questions asked here.)

Have you read any of the Supernatural novels?

starg8fans
January 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I have only purchased the DVDs. I've never been one to buy a lot in the form of fannish merchandise; it comes from being a student, and now repaying all those lovely loans from my time as a student. I did almost buy a hoodie with "Got rock salt?" off Cafe Press awhile back though. :p

(Please forgive me if this has been asked before; I also can't remember all the questions asked here.)

Nope, that's a new one! I didn't even know there were Spn novels available, but even so I doubt that I would read them. I bought a few of the Stargate Atlantis novels, and I was rather disappointed. Most of the time the characters seemed OOC. I'd much rather stick to fanfiction, which is written by people who care about the show and know the characters inside out rather than some professional writer who just skims the surface.

Have you ever written a Spn fic?

iolanda
January 6th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Have you ever written a Spn fic?

Nope. I have an outline in my head, but I just can't decide in which language I should write it. My English isn't good enough to write it in English, but I just can't think about dialogues in German transferring the way the boys treat each other right. I also tend to start FFs and never finish them (drabbles are my friend).

Do you like the artwork of the SPN graphic novels?

Example pages:
http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Origins_1
http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Rising_son

Crichiel
January 6th, 2010, 12:35 PM

I have all the novels. Yep, they are typical tie-novels. The stories by themselves would probably be all right, but they aren't very good Supernatural stories. Everyone is very OOC. Although, I will say the third one was better than the first two. The author that wrote two of them admitted to flaws in the first one. Dean had the wrong eye colour, and he was told by the TPTB that he had Sam drive the car too much (in his first book, Sam drove almost exclusively because Dean felt uncomfortable driving in a big city...??? :confused:). But even in his second book this author has a strange idea of what the character roles are. He is obsessed about the music Dean listens to, and spends waaaay too much time describing in detail Dean sitting around listening to music, not really contributing to the hunt at all.

Sadly, though, I still buy each one because I will take new Supernatural stories anywhere I can get them! :o

Nope. I have an outline in my head, but I just can't decide in which language I should write it. My English isn't good enough to write it in English, but I just can't think about dialogues in German transferring the way the boys treat each other right. I also tend to start FFs and never finish them (drabbles are my friend).

Do you like the artwork of the SPN graphic novels?

Example pages:
http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Origins_1
http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Rising_son

I wanted to quickly answer the FF question, too (aren't I selfish, answering all the questions! :o;)) I also much prefer fan fiction because fans get a lot closer to the heart of the show with the stories AND the character interactions. I came up with a FF idea a couple months ago and a couple Gateworld friends convinced me to at least put it down on 'paper' and send it to the two of them. I might have the nerve to do that, now I am just looking for some time to do so.

Oh, and iolanda, your English is AMAZING! It's much better than I will ever have a second language. If you didn't say it wasn't your first language, I never would have known! :)

Aren't I supposed to be answering a question here? :o So sorry about that!

The graphic novels. Yes, I have those, too. :p I think the artwork is all right. Since Sam and Dean are young, you can take some pretty big liberties with their looks, but I think John looks a little goofy in them.

Have you been able to bring any friends or family into your SPN obsess-...um.... interest?

Phoenix_Flame
January 9th, 2010, 07:09 AM
My Dad got me in to the show and the closest I've come to converting my sister is her saying Dean is a hottie.

Have you ever met any of the cast?

iolanda
January 9th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Have you ever met any of the cast?

Yes, I have :D But I met them all before I started with SPN. I met a couple of actors on cons, and some of them were in Stargate and Supernatural, like Chris Heyerdahl (I really talked to him, he is such a nice guy), Andee Frizzel, Paul McGillion and Kavan Smith. I watched "Family Remains" today and suddenly knew why the mother was so familiar. When I was at my first con outside of Germany, a little more than 2 years ago, I had a small but very nice conversation in a lift with a lady. It was just some chatter about having to go to Birmingham in time to catch a flight. I later realized, that she was Helen Slater and not just someone. There were so many actors at that Collectormania and I just knew a few of them.

Concerning "Family Remains": So Dean was quite some time in hell. I know that I would have had forgotten a lot of the stuff which happened 40 years ago, I can barely remember back the details of stuff which happened like 5 years ago. Do you think that Castiel did restore Deans memory of the time before hell when he gripped him tight and rose (raised?) him from perdition?

starg8fans
January 10th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Concerning "Family Remains": So Dean was quite some time in hell. I know that I would have had forgotten a lot of the stuff which happened 40 years ago, I can barely remember back the details of stuff which happened like 5 years ago. Do you think that Castiel did restore Deans memory of the time before hell when he gripped him tight and rose (raised?) him from perdition?

That's a very good question - I never thought of that. I don't think Dean would forget things about Sam and his family or hunting techniques, even in a hundred years. But smaller details? I'm trying to remember if there were any instances when Dean was alluding to such things. In Back to School all the memories - if I remember correctly - were Sam's. I think Dean only said that he couldn't wait to get out of there back then. But I can readily accept that Cas healed the wounds in Dean's memory at the same time that he healed his physical wounds and scars, basically doing a total 're-set' on him, back to the moment he went to hell.

P.S. What part of Family Remains prompted your question? I haven't seen it in a long time, so my memory of it is sketchy - and it's a lot less than 40 years ago... ;)

Do you think Angels (or Demons for that matter) are actually male or female? Or is that just the appearance of their 'meat suits'?

iolanda
January 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
P.S. What part of Family Remains prompted your question? I haven't seen it in a long time, so my memory of it is sketchy - and it's a lot less than 40 years ago... ;)

Do you think Angels (or Demons for that matter) are actually male or female? Or is that just the appearance of their 'meat suits'?

@PS: At the end of "Heaven and Hell" and "Family Remains" are the two talks between the boys where Dean reveals, that it was more like 40 years in hell and what happened to him down there.

And another interesting question. I don't think that they have a gender per se, but maybe they have a preference about the gender of their meatsuit. But this leads directly into another question:

Do you think that Anna is Annas real name as an angel?

starg8fans
January 10th, 2010, 09:18 PM
And another interesting question. I don't think that they have a gender per se, but maybe they have a preference about the gender of their meatsuit. But this leads directly into another question:

Do you think that Anna is Annas real name as an angel?

Again - very challenging question. I always presumed that it was the name Anna's parents picked for her. But of course, if she was an Angel she could have influenced them in some way to pick this particular name. Considering the way Cas addressed her when they met for the first time, I'd say it his her real name. It sounded like he was used to calling her that.

In real life, do you believe in Angels?

Crichiel
January 11th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Again - very challenging question. I always presumed that it was the name Anna's parents picked for her. But of course, if she was an Angel she could have influenced them in some way to pick this particular name. Considering the way Cas addressed her when they met for the first time, I'd say it his her real name. It sounded like he was used to calling her that.

In real life, do you believe in Angels?

Comes with the territory when you are Catholic! ;) Although, I see them just a wee bit differently than Kripke's version! :p

Do you believe in heaven?

starg8fans
January 11th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I'm not Catholic, but I do. Absolutely. And I believe my grandmother and my cousin are up there, sitting on a fluffy cloud to welcome me when I get there. Seriously, that's what I want to believe because everything else is just too depressing.

Do you agree with Lucifer that he really did not deserve his banishment, as he keeps telling everybody?

Crichiel
January 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Do you agree with Lucifer that he really did not deserve his banishment, as he keeps telling everybody?

Ooh, tricky one. Again goes into my belief on angels. If Lucifer were human, I think he would have that excuse that he was only trying show God that humans would fail him. Because humans are flawed and often have mistaken beliefs about what is best for the cosmos. But as an angel, he should have ultimate faith and trust in God's plans for humans.

Do you have a favourite episode title?

starg8fans
January 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I think that would be 'In My Time of Dying'. Because the first letters spell IMTOD, which in German means 'In Death'. Coincidence? Who knows...

Not sure if this has been asked before... But if you had to recommend one episode to somebody who may start watching, which one would you pick that shows best what this show is all about? And to make it harder - you cannot pick the Pilot, because that would be too obvious.

marielabbott
January 11th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before... But if you had to recommend one episode to somebody who may start watching, which one would you pick that shows best what this show is all about? And to make it harder - you cannot pick the Pilot, because that would be too obvious.

Goodness, that is a bit tough if you can't pick the pilot...I would probably pick Devil's Trap. They may not understand everything that's coming to fruition in that episode, but if they aren't sucked into the show by the emotion, intensity, and the shocking ending of that ep, I don't think there's much hope they'll ever become a SPN fan.

Some shows do crossovers of characters with other shows. What show, past or present, do you think would work best for a Supernatural crossover?

Crichiel
January 12th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Some shows do crossovers of characters with other shows. What show, past or present, do you think would work best for a Supernatural crossover?

Man, that's tough since I don't liike crossovers....thinking thinking.....maybe X-Files? Since it seems closer in subject matter than other sci-fi shows. Scully would pooh-pooh their beliefs, but they would have Mulder to back them up! Or, on second thought, Buffy the Vampire Slayer REALLY has a lot of belief overlap. Maybe that would do better. Should have thought this out before I started to type! :p

If Sam goes off on his own after the apocalypse, what car would be a good fit for a vehicle of his own?

starg8fans
January 16th, 2010, 01:49 AM
If Sam goes off on his own after the apocalypse, what car would be a good fit for a vehicle of his own?

This is a tricky one for me since I don't know too much about American car types. But I'd think something big, sturdy and dependable, kinda like Sam himself. Non-flashy in any case. Oh wait, isn't a Ford Taurus something like that? And taurus is Sam's zodiac. So there you go.

Have you had yourself a re-watch to tide you over the hellatus? And if so, what season(s) did you watch?

Crichiel
January 16th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Have you had yourself a re-watch to tide you over the hellatus? And if so, what season(s) did you watch?

I really didn't. I've watched bits and pieces here and there but that's it. I recognised in myself that I was starting to over-watch the show (especially after the summer hiatus) and a lot of the scary parts, shockers, big emotional scene and jokes were losing their punch. So I need to pace myself with the rewatching. Also, I plan on having a SPN marathon on my iTouch next month during the 12 hours of travel I have to get to Hawaii!

Do you have a favourite 'Then' montage? (...because weirdly enough I do!)

iolanda
January 16th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Do you have a favourite 'Then' montage? (...because weirdly enough I do!)

I really like a lot of the "THEN" montages, they made quite a bunch of creative ones. If I should pick a favourite, I'd propably take the one at the beginning of Tall Tales, but I'd really have to re-watch them because some of the ones before special episodes were really great as well.

(edit: forgot the question)

Do you have a favourite season preview?

starg8fans
January 17th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Do you have a favourite season preview?

Not sure if this counts since it wasn't for a season, but the one that blew me away was the preview for the last 2 eps of S4. I was literally sitting on the sofa with my mouth open when that aired after The Rapture. And I had no idea how I would be able to survive until the next ep.

If Sam and Dean were to switch bodies, who do you think would adapt to the change faster? (Sorry, couldn't think of a good way to turn this into a 'yes or no' question)

marielabbott
January 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
If Sam and Dean were to switch bodies, who do you think would adapt to the change faster? (Sorry, couldn't think of a good way to turn this into a 'yes or no' question)

Hmm...I think Sam would adjust faster. He's already had some...er... slight experience in becoming embodied in the Impala, and he was surprising calm. :p I think Dean also tends to rail against changes a bit more initially than Sam. I also wonder if Sam's demon blood would affect Dean in any way. Sam's been dealing with that in one way or another for a very long time; I wonder if Dean, being thrown into Sam's body, would be aware of it's presence.

Have you ever wanted to throw something at the TV screen during a Supernatural episode (stemming from any strong emotion)?

starg8fans
January 17th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Hmm...I think Sam would adjust faster. He's already had some...er... slight experience in becoming embodied in the Impala, and he was surprising calm. :p I think Dean also tends to rail against changes a bit more initially than Sam. I also wonder if Sam's demon blood would affect Dean in any way. Sam's been dealing with that in one way or another for a very long time; I wonder if Dean, being thrown into Sam's body, would be aware of it's presence.

Have you ever wanted to throw something at the TV screen during a Supernatural episode (stemming from any strong emotion)?

I came extremely close, and the only reason it didn't happen was a) that I was watching on my laptop, and b) that the next ep was already loaded and ready to go. It was at the end of Croatoan, when Dean started to tell Sam what John had told him before he died - and then they rolled the end credits before he got a chance to spill it. That must take the cake for worst (or best?) cliffhanger ever. Actually, based on that experience I was on tenterhooks at the end of S4. In the final scene Sam was torn between listening to Dean and to Ruby, and I think they must have put in a commercial break, because there was a fade-out, and I really thought they'd leave us hanging over the hiatus whether Sam would go through with it or not. Luckily Kripke took mercy on my nervous system and came through with Lucifer rising.

Is there a character on the show - either recurring or guest - you can identify with because he/she resembles your own disposition?

Crichiel
January 19th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Is there a character on the show - either recurring or guest - you can identify with because he/she resembles your own disposition?

Ok, I know this is going to sound arrogant, but hear me out. There is a fun pop culture book of essays about Supernatural that I have and one of the essays deals with how everyone wants to be Dean, and everyone thinks they are Dean, but in reallity they are Sam. The rest of the essay then goes on to show how that is a GOOD thing because if you really break it down, Sam is more of a real person, with a real life, and realistic well-rounded emotions and dreams. And the scary thing was, the more it showcased how wonderful it is to be Sam and how you wouldn't really want to be Dean, the more it proved that I AM Dean....all the sad negative characteristics of him, not the cool stuff. It was very depressing to read "Aren't you GLAD you aren't this sad pathetic lonely person that Dean is?", after describing me so well! So I guess I'm Dean. *sigh* I should be happier about that.

If I can, I'd actually like to re-ask this question to someone else, because I really want to hear someone else's answer! That ok? Is there a character YOU identify with?

Oi! This redesign! I am not against change that tweaks things and makes it easier, but everything I've tried to do on here today now takes EXTRA steps!

starg8fans
January 19th, 2010, 08:01 AM
If I can, I'd actually like to re-ask this question to someone else, because I really want to hear someone else's answer! That ok? Is there a character YOU identify with?

Well, of course I thought about it myself before I posed this question. When I took the test on supernatural.tv 'Which Spn Character are you' it turned out I was Bobby. LOL, don't know if I should be flattered or insulted. I'd like to think that I'm like Ellen. She's strong, intelligent, independent, good at what she does. She has a big heart, even if it's not evident at first sight, and tends to take other people's troubles on her own shoulders. She's managed to raise her child to be a self confident and strong person, but in spite of that she still feels she has to protect her. Oh, and her feelings run deep, but she is able to forgive people and move on.

Anybody else?

And, OMG!!! How annoying is this redesign??!!! I can't even find the stupid 'size' thing to complain about it in smaller letters or the 'spoiler' button to complain about it OT!!! All under 'go advanced' now, or what?

Yup, that's where you have to go to find them. Don't know why hitting the 'reply' button doesn't take you there right away. I mean, the 'quick reply' window is open anyway. I've put that on the 'things that need to be tweaked' thread, we'll see whether it helps.

marielabbott
January 20th, 2010, 04:39 PM

I also got Bobby in the very scientific SPN personality quiz. I don't think I'm much like him, but love him a lot, so that's ok. ;) In the earlier seasons I probably most identified with Sam, with his desire to belong to another world than the one he grew up in, yet not able to break free. Last season with his decent into darkness, I began to identify more with Dean, as he watched someone he loved go down a painful path. So, it probably depends for me.

Oi! This redesign! I am not against change that tweaks things and makes it easier, but everything I've tried to do on here today now takes EXTRA steps!

I have no idea where anything is anymore and don't have time to learn right now....*goes away confused*

Good grief, I forgot to ask a question, I'm so out of it! *headdesk*

Is Supernatural your favorite show currently airing, and if so, when did it reach #1 for you?

Crichiel
January 21st, 2010, 01:20 PM
Is Supernatural your favorite show currently airing, and if so, when did it reach #1 for you?

Absolutely! I also love Chuck, but not with quite the same level of obsession! It reached #1 after I rented the first season from Netflix last summer. Actually it was probably by the third disc of the first season!

If the show gets cancelled in a few years (still sticking by that!), is there another show on air right now that you think Jared or Jensen would fit in well with?

starg8fans
January 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
If the show gets cancelled in a few years (still sticking by that!), is there another show on air right now that you think Jared or Jensen would fit in well with?

I don't watch a lot of TV, so I was waiting for somebody else to answer this, but it's been two days...

I wouldn't go with something like Warehouse 13, because that would be too obvious. After Chaning Channels, I would maybe cast Jared in a procedural cop show, and Jensen in something comedic but with serious undertones. It would be a waste of his acting skills to only have him do one genre.

If you could write the script for an AU episode, where in the world (or time) would you send the boys?

Crichiel
January 25th, 2010, 12:51 PM
If you could write the script for an AU episode, where in the world (or time) would you send the boys?

Again with the AU questions. I am so bad at these because I don't really like them! :o How about sending the boys to the night of the fire? But not just in a quick, non-interference way like in AHBL.

Can you think of a direction that you absolutely would NOT want to see the story take?

starg8fans
January 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Again with the AU questions. I am so bad at these because I don't really like them! :o How about sending the boys to the night of the fire? But not just in a quick, non-interference way like in AHBL.

Oops, sorry, will try to think of a different sort of question next time...

Can you think of a direction that you absolutely would NOT want to see the story take?

Not sure if this is what you were aiming for - but I don't want anything that would mess up the status quo, i.e. I want to continue to see the brothers on the road together. I don't want them separated, I don't want them in one place, I don't want them in any long-term relationship, I don't want them to have special powers.

In a recent episode the boys were talking about old age, and Sam told Dean neither of them would live that long. What do you think - is there a chance for the boys to live to a ripe old age?

Crichiel
January 25th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Oops, sorry, will try to think of a different sort of question next time...

Not sure if this is what you were aiming for - but I don't want anything that would mess up the status quo, i.e. I want to continue to see the brothers on the road together. I don't want them separated, I don't want them in one place, I don't want them in any long-term relationship, I don't want them to have special powers.

In a recent episode the boys were talking about old age, and Sam told Dean neither of them would live that long. What do you think - is there a chance for the boys to live to a ripe old age?

No need to apologise! You are allowed to ask whatever you want, of course!! ;) I just feel like I give weak answers to AU questions. And your answer to my question WAS what I was aiming for! :)

I don't see the boys living to old age. Or at least Dean. I suppose Sam would have a shot, but I think the way that Dean feels about hunting, he would always always always be right in the heart of danger and it will eventually get him....permanently. :(

Is there one specific area of hunting that you think Sam is significantly better than Dean, and vice versa? (And I'm kind of looking for something other than the obvious 'research' for Sam. I think they've shown in enough episodes that Dean CAN do it, he just chooses not to.) Is that unfair to handcuff your answer like that? :o

starg8fans
January 26th, 2010, 02:02 AM
No need to apologise! You are allowed to ask whatever you want, of course!! ;) I just feel like I give weak answers to AU questions. And your answer to my question WAS what I was aiming for! :)

Haven't seen a 'weak' answer from you yet. And I'm glad I got your gist with the last one.

Is there one specific area of hunting that you think Sam is significantly better than Dean, and vice versa? (And I'm kind of looking for something other than the obvious 'research' for Sam. I think they've shown in enough episodes that Dean CAN do it, he just chooses not to.) Is that unfair to handcuff your answer like that? :o

No it isn't unfair. Sometimes it makes it more interesting to stop an obvious reply, as I did when I wouldn't let you pick the Pilot as the best episode to introduce somebody to the show...

Actually, I feel their strengths lie with the way they approach people. Dean is the con man, he can talk himself into or out of just about any situation, playing the part of a priest just as well as that of a homeland security officer or insurance rep. Sam on the other hand can get people to open up to him, with his puppy dog thing (and Dean has now referred to just this gift twice on the show!) and sincerity. One scene where I noticed especially how they use these gifts to their advantage was in Hookman - after the church service, Dean takes the reverend aside, playing the new student who's looking for a place of worship to let Sam work his mojo on the daughter to get information.

So far, what was your favorite season and why?

Crichiel
January 26th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Actually, I feel their strengths lie with the way they approach people. Dean is the con man, he can talk himself into or out of just about any situation, playing the part of a priest just as well as that of a homeland security officer or insurance rep. Sam on the other hand can get people to open up to him, with his puppy dog thing (and Dean has now referred to just this gift twice on the show!) and sincerity. One scene where I noticed especially how they use these gifts to their advantage was in Hookman - after the church service, Dean takes the reverend aside, playing the new student who's looking for a place of worship to let Sam work his mojo on the daughter to get information.

So far, what was your favorite season and why?

Great answer, stars! I especially like your example! :)

My favourite season is season 2. For the sheer number of good episodes. Season 2 just had so many that really stood out for me. Besides gems like AHBL pt 2, Folsom Prison Blues, and Born Under a Bad Sign, it has the two episodes that are tied for first place for me: In My Time of Dying and What Is and What Should Never Be.

Same question to the next person! :)

starg8fans
January 26th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Great answer, stars! I especially like your example! :)

Thank you!

My favourite season is season 2. For the sheer number of good episodes. Season 2 just had so many that really stood out for me. Besides gems like AHBL pt 2, Folsom Prison Blues, and Born Under a Bad Sign, it has the two episodes that are tied for first place for me: In My Time of Dying and What Is and What Should Never Be.

Same question to the next person! :)

Uh - I'd just copy and past your answer. Same season, for exactly the same reasons and episodes... Are you my lost twin or something?

I'll let the 'favorite season' question stand as well since I asked it.

iolanda
January 27th, 2010, 04:15 AM
I'd also go with season two and my answer would be very similar, but for the change of it, and because it is very close in my preferences, I say: season 4 is the best :D

Season 4 has some very intense episodes (IKWYDLS, Heaven and Hell, OTHOAP)and some very interesting ones concerning the way they are approached (Monster Movie, Terrible Life, The Monster at the End of this Book, Jump the Shark). These episodes show what makes S4 so exceptional: even after three seasons, SPN is still able to evolve and to change, and it does it without alienating the fans. Unlike the changes in SG-1 after S8, which are a clear break, we here have a real evolution. The characters feel like they are real because they do not instantly reset after every episode. S4 Sam isn't S3 Sam. With adding the angels and the whole Apocalypse scoop the whole show opens up. It's not just two guys and their issues any more, its a far greater scale now, and S4 is able to transport it and embed it into the existing series universe.

So, as much as I love the single episodes in S2, I think that S4 did just that tad more to the overall show and I put it in front of 2 ;)

Okay. So. Least favourite season, anyone?

Crichiel
January 28th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Okay. So. Least favourite season, anyone?

'Least favourite' is a good way to put it, because by no means do I not LOVE this season, it is just the one I watch the least: Season 1 *ducks for cover*

It pretty close between this and season 3 for me, but even though I think season 3 has some pretty bad episodes (*ahem* Ghostfacers), it also has a lot of stand outs. Season 1 has, I think, 7 nearly perfect episodes (Pilot, Wendigo, Phantom Traveler, Skin, Scarecrow, Faith, and Devil's Trap ) that I absolutely love and watch over and over again. That's 7 out of 22. Season 3 has 7 out of 16...so it JUST BARELY squeaks ahead. ;)

Same question!

marielabbott
January 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM
This is an unpopular opinion in fandom, but my least favorite season is season four. I loved certain eps, and I liked the introduction of the angels and the accompanying arc. But by the end of the season I was very sick of darkside Sam, the brothers fighting, and wow, did I come to despise Ruby (I believe I cheered aloud when she was killed). And looking at the episode list, there are very few from season four that are on my all-time favorite list.

What do you think Dean and Sam's favorite films are (a genre or individual titles)?

starg8fans
February 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM
What do you think Dean and Sam's favorite films are (a genre or individual titles)?

I like to stick to canon, so I'm gonna go with what we know from the show. Dean's sort of going two ways - in Monster Movie he admitted that his favorite film to become reality would be Porky's II (did I spell that right?), on the one hand he's a big fan of the horror genre. Remember, in The Benders he was discussing the merits of different Godzilla versions with the kids who watched the guy getting pulled under the truck, and in Changing Channels he knew the names of the different actors who played the Incredible Hulk. It's harder to pick something for Sam, but based on Fallen Idols I'd say his favorite film is Gandhi. :p No seriously, I could see him watch biographical and historical movies, being the geek he is.

Do you want to see the brothers swap bodies with each other?

Crichiel
February 4th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Do you want to see the brothers swap bodies with each other?

Easy answer, I would LOVE to see that! :)

If the boys could go back in time and change just one past event, do you think there is ONE specific change they could make that would make everyone's lives better (everyone including, but not restricted to: Sam, Dean, John, Mary, Bobby, Jo, Ellen)?

starg8fans
February 8th, 2010, 02:26 AM
If the boys could go back in time and change just one past event, do you think there is ONE specific change they could make that would make everyone's lives better (everyone including, but not restricted to: Sam, Dean, John, Mary, Bobby, Jo, Ellen)?

The first thought that popped into my mind was to say 'Not let Mary die', but that wouldn't solve the problem, would it? On the contrary, Sam would have grown up a normal kid, with no weapons to defend himself against Yellow Eyes' evil influence once he set his plan into motion. So all the heartbreak for the family would just have been pushed back to a later date.

I guess for Mary to have a shot at the 'normal' life she was craving, and for Sam and Dean to not become hunters, they would have to make sure YE never laid eyes on Mary, never knew she existed. From what Lucifer said, Sam was the only one who could succeed in raising him, so if he hadn't been a part of the 'special children' pool the whole Apocalypse could have been averted.

S 5 spoiler, especially 5.13.
Now that Anna was killed off as well, are you unhappy with TPTB's decision to have all the female recurring characters bite the bullet this seasont?

Crichiel
February 8th, 2010, 01:00 PM
You know, until someone posted it on the thread for this episode, I hadn't realised that was the case! I like a character or don't like a character, and don't notice the percentage of male/female characters. And for some strange reason, I didn't think of Anna as a truly recurring character. I know that doesn't make sense, she was probably in as many episodes as Jo, but I just thought of her as having one little character arc that was concluded already when she was taken away in her last episode. Also, while I liked her in her first two eps, I was pretty 'meh' about her afterwards. Especially after turning to the Dark Side in this one. Ellen was the only female character I was really attached to in this show.

Seems like the more time that passes, the more in-demand Jeffrey Dean Morgan becomes. Are you ok with the possibility that they'll never be able to get him on SPN again? Or do you think his return in some form has become unnecessary with the way the plots have worked out (that they're well past his part in the story anyway)?

iolanda
February 8th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Seems like the more time that passes, the more in-demand Jeffrey Dean Morgan becomes. Are you ok with the possibility that they'll never be able to get him on SPN again? Or do you think his return in some form has become unnecessary with the way the plots have worked out (that they're well past his part in the story anyway)?

Concerning your answer to stars question: same here! I didn't even realise that fact.

I am OK with this, though I'd really love to see them together again. The loss of their father became a major character part for Sam and Dean, and they dealt with that. Bringing JDM back, just because he is such an awesome actor wouldn't really bring the story forward, though I guess he would fit into that heaven episode.. Maybe we'll get a heart-wrenching "walk into the dusk" in the very last episode of season 10 ;)

Since we are already deep in S5: are you happy with the way the season turns out so far?

starg8fans
February 9th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Since we are already deep in S5: are you happy with the way the season turns out so far?

Actually, I am. I really enjoy the mad twists they've put on this Apocalypse. I was expecting tons of carnage and drama, which would have gone stale very quickly, so the comic relief - combined with the great character moments - was a welcome surprise. I know some people feel that the storyline doesn't advance fast enough, but I believe they're saving that for the last quarter of the season. It's hard to keep the excitement going over 20+ episodes, so I don't mind the slow build-up. And they add a piece to the puzzle every week. The main complaint I have is the fact that Dean seems to have become invulnerable. (spoilered because I've said this so often before)No matter how far or into what he's thrown, or gets beaten to a pulp by demons, he just gets up and walks away. I know that suspension of disbelief is essential to this show, but this is taking it too far. Who knows, though, there may be an explanation later in the season - actually, I almost expected (5.13 spoiler)Michael to say something to Dean as he healed him, that he'd been doing it on a regular basis since the beginning of the Apocalypse.

This is such a great question, I'll just slightly rephrase it to let it stand: Has S5 met your expectations so far?

Crichiel
February 9th, 2010, 07:50 AM
This is such a great question, I'll just slightly rephrase it to let it stand: Has S5 met your expectations so far?

You've listed my pet peeve as well up there, but that's because I am such a die-hard DeanGirl and WhumpGirl! :o

This is a hard one for me to answer. I don't know EXACTLY what I was expecting, since this is the first season that I have watched the show live in first-run. It's hard for me waiting each week to see what's going to happen when for the first 4 season, I was able to watch 4-6 episodes a night! But I think I agree with you that they can't move the story ahead too fast or it kind of deadens you to the drama. You need the comic breaks. Plus, it's what drew me to the show in the first place. I can't think of any show I've gotten obsessed with that didn't have a healthy dose of humour (why I can't stand BSG), and Supernatural is one of the best in this regard.

So, short story long, yeah, I think they've done really well this season. Mainly because I can't see where they're going, and that is really cool. Shows amazing creativity....of course, I could watch Jensen sit on screen and read the phone book and probably be just as happy! :o;):D

Anyone else? iolanda, want to answer your own question? I'd love to hear what more people think of this season.

iolanda
February 9th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Okay, I can try :D

Over all I really loved this season. It had some AWESOME Episodes like "The End", "AAH" or the "Song" and some scenes I just purely love ("Spirit in the sky scene" in GGYA, Knight Rider in CC). There is just one thing that bugs me, and already did during the run of the first 10 episodes and this is that there were too many "funny" eps in a row, I also miss the presence of the apocalypse. It is kinda there, but what is Lucifer waiting for? What is he doing all the time? I expect, that we will get some answers in the later part of season and I don't mind a slow build up but it is a little bit too slow at the moment.

That said: I thoroughly enjoyed every episode so far, the only one which was pretty meh was "The Curious Case of Dean Winchester".

More S5:

Do you think, that Dean will say "Yes"?

Crichiel
February 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
More S5:

Do you think, that Dean will say "Yes"?I actually do, but under what circumstances, Ihave no idea.

Did someone else get you to start watching SPN, or did you find it by yourself?

starg8fans
February 9th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Did someone else get you to start watching SPN, or did you find it by yourself?

It was recommended to me by two GW friends in whose taste I have the utmost confidence - which is the only reason I even gave it a try. I usually don't do horror or gore AT ALL. Luckily S1-3 were still available full length on YT at the time, so I randomly dipped in and happend to find Folsom Prison Blues. Nuff said. Was hooked before the end credits rolled. I never thought I would be able to find a show to fill the hole left behind by SGA's cancellation, but boy was I wrong. And those two friends I mentioned earlier have my undying gratitude for steering me in the right direction.

If you could guest star in any part in any ep, who would you like to be?

Crichiel
February 11th, 2010, 08:47 AM
If you could guest star in any part in any ep, who would you like to be?

Ellen, in Good God, Y'all. Because 1) too weird to play a male role 2) Ellen is by far my favourite female role in the series and 3) she had a lot to do in that episode...and a lot of scenes with Jensen!

Same question?

iolanda
February 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM
It's not really a Yes/No question, but ;)

Anna in Heaven and Hell

Chuck in the Monster ateotb. The writer doesn't need to be a guy, right? I am not sure about all the girls, I just wouldn't fit to be one of them, but Chuck has just the right amount of crazyness I'd like!

Speaking of: do you like the "breaking the forth wall"- aspect of some of the episodes?

starg8fans
February 11th, 2010, 10:13 AM
It's not really a Yes/No question, but ;)

Anna in Heaven and Hell

Who wouldn't!!! ;)

Speaking of: do you like the "breaking the forth wall"- aspect of some of the episodes?

I do. I totally adore the way they poke fun at themselves and the fans. And as far as I'm concerned, they haven't gone over the top or overused it. Yet.

Similar question, do you like crossovers? We haven't had one for Spn yet, but can you think of a show where it would work?

iolanda
February 16th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Similar question, do you like crossovers? We haven't had one for Spn yet, but can you think of a show where it would work?

I like crossovers, when they are done well, but I have difficulties picturing one with Supernatural. I guess the only realistic way is the one they already did in "Changing Channels", a real crossover would put the other series into the same 'verse as SPN and that would throw quite a bunch of mythology into the other series. But that aside: I'd really love to see a crossover with House, MD. I recently read two short FFs where Sam and Dean are confronted with House and I'd love to see that in real.

So, Sam and Dean are living quite an unusual life. Would you like to see an episode when they are forced to life a normal picket fence (maybe because they need money or because they had to go into hiding)? And I don't mean it like we saw it in "It's a terrible Life" or "What Is and What Should Never Be" but our Sam and our Dean in the normal SPN timeline.

Crichiel
February 16th, 2010, 07:53 AM
So, Sam and Dean are living quite an unusual life. Would you like to see an episode when they are forced to life a normal picket fence (maybe because they need money or because they had to go into hiding)? And I don't mean it like we saw it in "It's a terrible Life" or "What Is and What Should Never Be" but our Sam and our Dean in the normal SPN timeline.

That would be AWESOME! I thought it was hilarious just watching Dean try and mow a lawn and Sam (S5 spoiler) trying to handle one family breakfast! Imagine if they really had to try and blend into everyday suburban life for an extended period of time! First of all, can they cook? Besides mac and cheese, Spagheittios, and cold cereal?

Not trying to cop out again, I seriously want to know what someone else thinks on this, so same question.

starg8fans
February 16th, 2010, 02:34 PM
That would be AWESOME! I thought it was hilarious just watching Dean try and mow a lawn and Sam (S5 spoiler) trying to handle one family breakfast! Imagine if they really had to try and blend into everyday suburban life for an extended period of time! First of all, can they cook? Besides mac and cheese, Spagheittios, and cold cereal?

Not trying to cop out again, I seriously want to know what someone else thinks on this, so same question.

For once, my reply is totally different. As much as I think the boys would deserve having a shot at a 'normal' life, it's not something I would like to watch. Of course, there may be some funny moments when they try to settle into everyday life, but I'm not into sitcoms or soap operas, so I wouldn't be really interested. Well, maybe one episode, but that's it.

Do you like the way the horsemen are portrayed in S5?

Crichiel
February 16th, 2010, 02:57 PM
For once, my reply is totally different. As much as I think the boys would deserve having a shot at a 'normal' life, it's not something I would like to watch. Of course, there may be some funny moments when they try to settle into everyday life, but I'm not into sitcoms or soap operas, so I wouldn't be really interested. Well, maybe one episode, but that's it.

That isn't different from my answer. I thought we WERE talking about one episode, iolanda said, "Would you like to see AN episode...". Of course, I wouldn't want it that way for longer than that, that isn't Supernatural. I can't stand serious, 1-hour dramas myself!

starg8fans
February 17th, 2010, 12:43 AM
That isn't different from my answer. I thought we WERE talking about one episode, iolanda said, "Would you like to see AN episode...". Of course, I wouldn't want it that way for longer than that, that isn't Supernatural. I can't stand serious, 1-hour dramas myself!

Well, our reactions are still different. You think it would be awesome, I would watch it but I'm sorta lukewarm about the idea.

iolanda
February 20th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Do you like the way the horsemen are portrayed in S5?

I love the idea with the cars, but I think that they are a little bit easy to get rid of. Then again they are maybe not "dead" they just can not walk the earth without their rings, but still.

Do you think that Samy psychic precognition powers are gone for good?

Crichiel
February 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
Do you think that Samy psychic precognition powers are gone for good?

They sure seem to be, don't they. I am kind of happy with that, though. That was one of those things that makes the heroes 'too powerful'. Interesting storyline while it lasted, but I think it ran its course.

Is there an episode you really love that you are surprised is generally DISliked by the fans?

starg8fans
February 21st, 2010, 09:10 PM
TIs there an episode you really love that you are surprised is generally DISliked by the fans?

Well, maybe not exactly disliked, but pretty much ignored. One of my favorite episodes was Something Wicked, but most people seem to consider it a run-of-the-mill episode. I loved the backflashes to the Weecesters; loved how Dean interacted with the boy; loved the twist that the doc was the monster, and how they found out; not to mention the fact that this was a good explanation why Dean was the 'good little soldier'.

Do you think the writers picked the boys' birth dates for their zodiac implications (Dean the Aquarius, Sam the Taurus), or were they just random?

Crichiel
February 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
Do you think the writers picked the boys' birth dates for their zodiac implications (Dean the Aquarius, Sam the Taurus), or were they just random?

I hand this over to someone else's more capable hands. I know exactly zippo about zodiac signs and their meanings! ;)

iolanda
February 22nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
I hand this over to someone else's more capable hands. I know exactly zippo about zodiac signs and their meanings! ;)

Same here, sorry

LizzieAnne
February 22nd, 2010, 03:11 PM

I know part of the answer to this one.
Kripke chose Dean's and Jessica's birth date, the 24th January, as a present to his wife...her birthday as well., apparently.
As for Sam's..I don't know.
But as for the astrological traits..IMHO Sam isn't a Taurus. He has more of the traits of a Pisces/Aquarius, emotional, sensitive with a strong intellect. Dean is more Aries/Taurus having a strong sense of justice, risk taker, rule breaker with a love of food and other physical delights :P

In Season 6 I'd like to see the writers take the guys to other countries..say, the UK..investigating one of our haunted castles or other ancient buildings.:P
Where and what would you like to see them investigate?

starg8fans
February 23rd, 2010, 05:28 AM

Kripke chose Dean's and Jessica's birth date, the 24th January, as a present to his wife...her birthday as well., apparently.
As for Sam's..I don't know.

I didn't even notice they had the same birthday. Very nice piece of trivia, thanks Lizzie!

In Season 6 I'd like to see the writers take the guys to other countries..say, the UK..investigating one of our haunted castles or other ancient buildings.:P
Where and what would you like to see them investigate?

I think it would be cool for them to tackle one of the world's great mysteries, like the Bermuda triangle, or the big heads on the Easter Islands, or the Uluru in Australia, or even the pyramids. (Spn/Stargate crossover anyone? ;)) Of course the fact that all these places are in hot climate zones where the boys would be wearing shorts and tank tops has nothing to do with it... :D

If Sam or Dean ever had a child, do you think they would tell him or her the truth about monsters at some point, or would they try to spare them the knowledge?

Crichiel
February 23rd, 2010, 08:22 AM

Oh yeah, now that you mention it, I DO remember Kripke saying that somewhere when he explained why they have the same birthday. Thanks for the reminder! :)

If Sam or Dean ever had a child, do you think they would tell him or her the truth about monsters at some point, or would they try to spare them the knowledge?

I think Sam in his present frame of mind would tell his kids right away. Which is interesting when you go back to the pilot and see how he criticised their dad for doing so. But he's all about facing things these days.

I think Dean would probably go the same route with his own kids that he did with Sam. Protect them from the ugliest parts of it as long as he can (as he said he did in AHBL pt.2), but when they are ready, tell them everything (a la A Very Supernatural Christmas).

Do you enjoy it when more well-known sci-fi actors are brought in for guest roles (e.g. Mitch Pileggi), or do you find it distracting?

starg8fans
February 24th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Do you enjoy it when more well-known sci-fi actors are brought in for guest roles (e.g. Mitch Pileggi), or do you find it distracting?

I watch very little TV and/or SciFi so I'm often not aware that somebody they bring in is a well-known face from some other show. But I must say I've enjoyed seeing members of the Stargate franchise on Spn. If they are a good match for the role (and I for one think Mitch Pileggi aced the Grandpa character and all its facets) I don't think it's too distracting, since those I've seen so far are good enough actors to change their mannerisms enough that you're not constantly reminded of that other person.

Do the moral issues of the boys living a con life of credit card fraud and fake IDs bother you?

LizzieAnne
February 24th, 2010, 05:39 AM
It's an interesting thing. In the real world I'd hate it but then I also hate all violence as well and I'm a whumper. But in their world it seems a fairly realistic and fun way (for us watching anyway) for them to survive, so I don't have any problems with it.

As there are now no regular female characters left, would you like to see another one introduced?

Crichiel
March 17th, 2010, 01:57 PM
As there are now no regular female characters left, would you like to see another one introduced?

:( Awww, I go on vacation for a bit and the thread gets dropped. How very sad. Let's try and get it going again, shall we? :)

So, another female character? Not unless there was a legitimate reason for the character. I wouldn't want a love interest for either of the boys brought in. To me, it isn't what the show is about. A good ally or adversary of either sex is always welcome, though!

2-part (first part is the 'yes/no' part): Would you like a chance to work on the show for an episode? And if you DID want to and got the chance, would you want to play an on-screen role, or have a behind-the-scenes-job?

starg8fans
March 17th, 2010, 11:39 PM
:( Awww, I go on vacation for a bit and the thread gets dropped. How very sad. Let's try and get it going again, shall we? :)

Hope you had a great time!

2-part (first part is the 'yes/no' part): Would you like a chance to work on the show for an episode? And if you DID want to and got the chance, would you want to play an on-screen role, or have a behind-the-scenes-job?

As for part 1 - well, I guess under the right circumstances I could be persuaded... Who am I kidding - DUH!! As for what kind of job, I guess behind the scenes would be better for me. First of all, given my acting skills it could only be a bit role, and then I would probably manage to mess that up from pure nerves of being in Jensen's presence. So BTS for sure. Preferably in wardrobe, with a chance to get up close and personal with the boys. :o

Is there a scene you've been dying to see, and that you would write into an episode if you could?

iolanda
March 18th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Is there a scene you've been dying to see, and that you would write into an episode if you could?

Dying to see is a little bit harsh, but I'l love to see them drunk. Not the "its the end of the world and we give a damn" kind of drunk, but the happy "everything is quite OK and we have a great time" kind of drunk. Or maybe I just want to see them relieved from the pressure and just relaxed for a while, so no drinking needed (but a pished and slightly giggling Dean or Sammy would make me very happy :D )

So, is there something you have missed yet or would love to see in the show?

LizzieAnne
March 20th, 2010, 08:00 AM

I really think it's time for the boys to have to go the coast to save the day, for whatever reason. I want to see them walking on the beach in their shorts. I can see Dean maybe hating the sand in his shoes but loving the beach babes. Dean being surprised that Sam can surf...something he learned when he was away for the couple of years at college, maybe. Anyhow it would be good to see them relaxing and having a bit of fun. Maybe Cas can be thrown in there as well. :P

Can you imagine the Impala having to be scrapped for some legitimate reason in the show and if so what could that be? Also is there any car out there that could fill it's place?

iolanda
March 21st, 2010, 08:17 AM
I really think it's time for the boys to have to go the coast to save the day, for whatever reason. I want to see them walking on the beach in their shorts. I can see Dean maybe hating the sand in his shoes but loving the beach babes. Dean being surprised that Sam can surf...something he learned when he was away for the couple of years at college, maybe. Anyhow it would be good to see them relaxing and having a bit of fun. Maybe Cas can be thrown in there as well. :P

Can you imagine the Impala having to be scrapped for some legitimate reason in the show and if so what could that be? Also is there any car out there that could fill it's place?

I love the idea to see them on the beach :)

And for your question: maybe someday somebody discovers, that the car the boys drive with isn't that inconspicuous and they might have to hide hide it at Bobbys for a while. I don't really like the idea of the Impala put down forever.

And as a replacement, hmm, that is difficult. I guess something which would be more comfortable to drive long distances with would be great, maybe a van like the A-Team had.

So I guess there will be some changes towards S6 - is there something you would see as an fatal change for the show even if it wouldn't change the essentials at all?

starg8fans
March 23rd, 2010, 01:05 AM
So I guess there will be some changes towards S6 - is there something you would see as an fatal change for the show even if it wouldn't change the essentials at all?

I doubt they could do anything that would make me stop watching this show - apart from going on without Jensen and Jared - but I know I would enjoy it a lot less if there was any permanent addition to the boys' lives, male or female. I think Sam and Dean work best as a dynamic duo, with the occasional help from characters like Bobby or Cas. But having somebody there all the time would mess up the chemistry.

Are you superstitious? And if so, what is you main superstition?

iolanda
March 30th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Are you superstitious? And if so, what is you main superstition?

I hoped someone with superstition would be answering this, but I guess some of us have the same problem as I do: I am totally not superstitious. Sometimes Murphys law happens in my life, but that's just the way it is. I don't believe in horoscopes even though I have some of the typical cancer character straits (but then others not so much). I guess I am much to much a scientist by heart. ;)

Since it came up in the "Dead men don't wear plaid"- thread: Do you think that the production should care more about how certain parts of the USA look like in real and try to transfer that into the show more often?

starg8fans
March 30th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Yay, I was afraid I had killed the thread with this question...

Since it came up in the "Dead men don't wear plaid"- thread: Do you think that the production should care more about how certain parts of the USA look like in real and try to transfer that into the show more often?

Since I'm not American I can't really tell what South Dakota or Kansas look like, so I just swallow whatever TPTB put before us. I saw that post, I think, and I believe it was not so much the scenery but the messed up season that annoyed the poster. Of course it was a nice touch to see the Golden Gate Bridge at the opening of Heart, but usually I'm perfectly happy with the generic 'everything looks like Vancouver' aspect. But I'll let the question stand to see if somebody who's from that country feels otherwise.

Crichiel
March 30th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Yay, I was afraid I had killed the thread with this question...

Since I'm not American I can't really tell what South Dakota or Kansas look like, so I just swallow whatever TPTB put before us. I saw that post, I think, and I believe it was not so much the scenery but the messed up season that annoyed the poster. Of course it was a nice touch to see the Golden Gate Bridge at the opening of Heart, but usually I'm perfectly happy with the generic 'everything looks like Vancouver' aspect. But I'll let the question stand to see if somebody who's from that country feels otherwise.

Hmm. Ok, this is going to be long and I am going to tread VERY carefully here, and try to be as respectful as I can of other people's feelings :S, but this is kind of a pet peeve of fandom for me. :o So please please PLEASE don't read this as a personal attack on anyone.

I can't tell you the depths to which I DON'T care about details like this. :o They have had multiple episodes that were supposed to take place in Minnesota. When I hear them say my state, I kind of smile, sometimes chuckle a little at the lack of snow or whatever, then promptly forget the boys are in Minnesota. I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell you the location of more than half a dozen episodes. Especially as there are desperately few episodes where the location had any real relevence to the story being told (the exceptions being the ones in Lawrence! ;)). In Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, it mattered only in a sense that was in Bobby's home state. But Bobby's home could have been anywhere, and the story would have remained the same.

Failure to do simple research is one thing. If in BUABS, they had put up the map of Duluth and it was somewhere in southern Minnesota (it's up north), that would have just been laziness. It costs nothing to put up the correct graphic, versus an incorrect one. But, what may seem to viewers like a simple and easy fix (making a location look more geographically correct), I realise, isn't. Every dollar on a tv show is budgeted. Give even a few thousand dollars to adding CG snow or buildings, to colour-correct the grass or the sky, to paint out the rain or breath vapor (again, none of which are important to the story), and suddenly you have no money to cover the licensing fee of using the classic rock songs the fans want. Or you have to scale back having 100 extras in a key scene to 20.

I get on the forums and see page after page of comments on things like how all the planets on Stargate look like Vancouver, and how Smallville's Kansas looks a lot like Vancouver, and how ALL the places in The X-Files look like Vancouver....I just think, "THAT'S what you're paying attention to?" :confused: It reminds me of Dean's line in MATEOTB, "...for fans, they sure complain a lot!" :D And here again, I don't mean to offend those who disagree. I am absolutely guilty of a good complaint now and then! ;)

What are the producers supposed to do about it? :confused: It IS Vancouver! They aren't ignorant of the fact that the places sometimes don't look right.

Strangely enough, I finally got around to reading the last 2 Supernatural magazines yesterday, and this exact topic came up...twice! In an interview with Jensen, he says that they have shot the heck out of Vancouver and he would love a beach episode, just so they had the excuse to film an ep in Hawaii. But he knows it just isn't possible with their budget, and he is proud of the job the set decorators and location scouts have done with such a limited area to work with. Secondly, they had an article listing all the in-jokes in the episodes and they mentioned that in Hell House, Richardson, Texas was put in there because it's Jensen's hometown, but..."The real Richardson, however, is more suburban than the one seen in the episode."

To finish my rant (so sorry so sorry, please don't hurt me...) I think they have their priorities right with the show. I don't want them saying, "Yeah, we know there is no defining music in this episode. And no, we couldn't show the actual monster because the effects were too much. And we know there was supposed to be a big crowd here for the apocalyptic battle. And yes, we hired some second-rate, non-experienced, cheaper guest stars...but LOOK! In that panning shot! Did you see how the sky and trees looked JUST like Detroit!" ;););)

I'll go slink away now and let someone else pick the next question...:o

iolanda
March 30th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I love your rant, and I fully support your points! I also prefer a strong story over too much detailism. They still put a lot of effort into the little details.

Leaving this thread without a question is pretty much killing it, so I just throw in a new question:
I am reading the SPN companion book and in it Kripke says, that Daddy Winchester had to die becaus having him around put him on the frond fight and the boys always into the second row. Do you think, that story-wise the death of John Winchester was the right decision?

starg8fans
March 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM
No need to apologize at all, Chrichiel! I love your long posts, because they are always insightful, your arguments are valid and your style is a joy to read. So please feel free to 'vent' ('rant' for me is a totally different kettle of fish) at any time. And I completely agree with your assessment. If you are able to make yourself believe that there are coins that make wishes come true and naked Cupids who like to give hugs, then you should be able to accept that there's no snow in South Dakota in February (or whatever month it was supposed to be).

Leaving this thread without a question is pretty much killing it, so I just throw in a new question:
I am reading the SPN companion book and in it Kripke says, that Daddy Winchester had to die becaus having him around put him on the frond fight and the boys always into the second row. Do you think, that story-wise the death of John Winchester was the right decision?

That's the first time I hear this. I thought it was a scheduling issue, with JDM being so busy with TV and movies.

I must say that as much as John's death shocked me, Kripke is right. The whole first season was about the boys finding their missing father. Now they've found him - and the Colt to kill the YED - John would have led the hunt in S2. So the writers would have struggled all season with finding reasons for the boys to be separated from their Dad, since they wouldn't have been the ones making the decisions while he was around, which would have weakened their characters. And the whole 'Dean-the-good-little-soldier' vs. 'Sam-the-rebellious-one' would have become lame PDQ. On top of that, the way they let John go, with those last words whispered in Dean's ear, made for a great mystery and set the scene for pretty much everything that happened to Sam all the way until now.

It's 4 am here, and my brain is not very creative, so I'll let the question stand - and Crichiel still owes us one anyway. ;)

Crichiel
March 31st, 2010, 12:35 PM
I love your rant, and I fully support your points! I also prefer a strong story over too much detailism. They still put a lot of effort into the little details.

No need to apologize at all, Chrichiel! I love your long posts, because they are always insightful, your arguments are valid and your style is a joy to read. So please feel free to 'vent' ('rant' for me is a totally different kettle of fish) at any time.

- and Crichiel still owes us one anyway. ;)

Awww... :):):) Big hugs to both of you!! :D Thank you so much for the kind words. I was really nervous posting that because many times, people read what I post the wrong way and attack me. And you're right, stars, I owe you guys a question! ;)

Let me answer the one about John first. I also read that companion book and as soon as I saw Kripke's reasons for killing John, I totally, 100% agreed with him.

One thing that I always love about watching Dean around John, Elllen, or Bobby is how quickly he falls in line and becomes the obedient 'good' son. It is so cool to watch him transform into a little boy around them, because he is so cocky and take-charge the rest of the time. But seeing him so subservient full-time? That would have completely undermined his character. He would have come off as mindless soldier, and thus become totally unnecessary.

John's bickering with Sam? Again, cool to see calm, logical Sam get so ruffled. But I don't want to see that week to week.

John was a great character because he was such a strong character. But when he was around, his personality almost eclipsed the boys'! Can't have that! ;)

Ok, my question: Would you like Bobby to get back use of his legs?

starg8fans
April 1st, 2010, 09:30 AM
Ok, my question: Would you like Bobby to get back use of his legs?

Jimeny Crickets, woman, you sure know how to pick your questions! Had to think about that for a while. But I do. Having to shunt Bobby around while there's a bunch of zombies on your tail would get old very soon. I admit Bobby has not usually been in the thick of things, his role was rather to provide advice, but I still liked it when he dropped in on the boys wherever they may have been (as in Tall Tales, Yellow Fever or Sympathy for the Devil) to lend a hand. Okay, he can still drive, otherwise he would not have shown up in The Curious Case of DW, but again it's awkward when he's stopped by an out-of-order elevator. So this was an interesting plot device, but I still hope Cas will somehow get his mojo back and 'lay his hands on Bobby' to get him out of that freaking chair.

Hope I'm making sense, been major sleep deprived recently and just running on caffeine...

This comes from a fic I read recently that put forth this theory - do you think Jimmy (Castiel's vessel) is actually dead, or is he still in there, kinda room sharing with Cas?

Crichiel
April 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
Jimeny Crickets, woman, you sure know how to pick your questions!

Really? I thought it was kinda a lame-duck question myself, but I couldn't think of anything better!

This comes from a fic I read recently that put forth this theory - do you think Jimmy (Castiel's vessel) is actually dead, or is he still in there, kinda room sharing with Cas?

I never thought he was dead. And especially after My Bloody Valentine where Castiel said it was Jimmy who was making him crave the red meat.

This would sort of be for those of you who 'spoil' to answer: In last weeks, is there one particular episode coming up that you are especially excited to see (beside the finale of course!)?

starg8fans
April 1st, 2010, 11:33 PM
This would sort of be for those of you who 'spoil' to answer: In last weeks, is there one particular episode coming up that you are especially excited to see (beside the finale of course!)?

Phew, where to start? Almost all of the available synopses sound just awesome.

You'd think it would be the 100th episode, but I believe I have a notion what the twist in that one will be, so the anticipation isn't as great. Actually, I think it was last night's episode (which I haven't seen yet, but hopefully will be able to about an hour from now!) that intrigued me most until I read what Hammer of the Gods will be all about. I'm really looking forward to that one, not only becauseit will be delving into non-Western mythology, and it should be interesting to see how these gods relate to our God and then it will be good tosee the Trickster/Gabriel again. That's one loose end that I really want to see continue.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but was there ever a moment you felt either Sam or Dean acted out of character? And of course I'm not talking about when they were possessed or in a dream or something.

iolanda
April 19th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Phew, where to start? Almost all of the available synopses sound just awesome.

You'd think it would be the 100th episode, but I believe I have a notion what the twist in that one will be, so the anticipation isn't as great. Actually, I think it was last night's episode (which I haven't seen yet, but hopefully will be able to about an hour from now!) that intrigued me most until I read what Hammer of the Gods will be all about. I'm really looking forward to that one, not only becauseit will be delving into non-Western mythology, and it should be interesting to see how these gods relate to our God and then it will be good tosee the Trickster/Gabriel again. That's one loose end that I really want to see continue.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but was there ever a moment you felt either Sam or Dean acted out of character? And of course I'm not talking about when they were possessed or in a dream or something.

Okaaay, looks like nobody wants to answer this question. I can't really think of a moment unless it's put in "or something". One thing is the facial expression of Jared during the "blabla"-scene in "Tall Tales" but I guess thats just Jared trying no to laugh and the second one is this time Sam during the second part of "Mystery Spot". I just can't imagine him not taking Bobbys aid to find the Trickster, but then again this was Trickster-wonderland which counts in my mind as "or something".

Spoilers for S5:

Only 4 episodes to go. Do you think that one of the boys will say "Yes" despite everything we had so far?

Crichiel
April 19th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Spoilers for S5:

Only 4 episodes to go. Do you think that one of the boys will say "Yes" despite everything we had so far?

Oh, how I wish so badly with all my heart that would happen. I think it would be such a cool fight. But, alas, I don't think it will. Which I sort of get. The whole thing making Sam and Dean heroes this season is their strength to say 'no' when anyone else would give in. I just really want to see that fight!

When you watch the first season, can you appreciate the episode for what it was when it originally aired? (as opposed to constantly thinking of all the stuff that came afterwards.)

starg8fans
April 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM
When you watch the first season, can you appreciate the episode for what it was when it originally aired? (as opposed to constantly thinking of all the stuff that came afterwards.)

Had to think about that one for a bit...

I do look tend to notice little things that came back with a different meaning in the later story, but mostly I just enjoy the earlier eps for what they were - the basic monster-of-the-week episodes. That makes for somewhat 'lighter' viewing, without having to consider all the history that's behind the current eps. Actually, I wouldn't mind if they go back to that formula in S6. Much as I've been enjoying the current myth arch, it is rather distracting trying to fit everything that happens into that scheme.

Would you like to see more 'Weecester' stuff, i.e. flashbacks to the times Sam and Dean were kids together? Or do you feel that this plot device has been used enough?

Crichiel
April 21st, 2010, 01:23 PM
Would you like to see more 'Weecester' stuff, i.e. flashbacks to the times Sam and Dean were kids together? Or do you feel that this plot device has been used enough?

I'm terrible, I don't like ANY time taken away from Jensen/Jared scenes. Like SERIOUSLY. When watching, I am also recording. I know the episode is approx. 40 minutes long, and every time they cut away from Dean or Sam, I am watching the recording timer like a hawk, counting every minute that passes without them on screen! :o It's ridiculous, I know, because I DO think the insight Weechester eps give into the boys' psyche is invaluable, and it's not that I don't enjoy the episodes as a whole, but still...Nah, I'm done. Probably doesn't help that I haven't really agreed with the choice of actors they've picked to play WeeDean! ;)

Outside the ominpresent ghosts and demons, do you have a favourite recurring kind of monster whose episodes you most look forward to (werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters, witches, etc.)?

starg8fans
April 21st, 2010, 01:46 PM
I'm terrible, I don't like ANY time taken away from Jensen/Jared scenes. Like SERIOUSLY. When watching, I am also recording. I know the episode is approx. 40 minutes long, and every time they cut away from Dean or Sam, I am watching the recording timer like a hawk, counting every minute that passes without them on screen! :o It's ridiculous, I know, because I DO think the insight Weechester eps give into the boys' psyche is invaluable, and it's not that I don't enjoy the episodes as a whole, but still...Nah, I'm done. Probably doesn't help that I haven't really agreed with the choice of actors they've picked to play WeeDean! ;)

Two very good points. And I totally agree with you on the choice of actors. Jared really lucked out with Colin as Wee!Sam. At leastold Deandelivered.

Outside the ominpresent ghosts and demons, do you have a favourite recurring kind of monster whose episodes you most look forward to (werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters, witches, etc.)?

Hmmm... As a whumper I thought I'd go for something dangerous, like werewolves, but they have only really deliverd in fanfics until now. I think I'd say witches. Just to hear Dean talking about them 'spewing bodily fluids everywhere'. LMAO. And they have all kinds of cool spells they can whump the boys with. As in Malleus Maleficarum when Dean was coughing up blood.

If you could make a Spn fanvid, what song would you pick?

iolanda
April 21st, 2010, 01:53 PM
Two very good points. And I totally agree with you on the choice of actors. Jared really lucked out with Colin as Wee!Sam. At leastold Deandelivered.

Hmmm... As a whumper I thought I'd go for something dangerous, like werewolves, but they have only really deliverd in fanfics until now. I think I'd say witches. Just to hear Dean talking about them 'spewing bodily fluids everywhere'. LMAO. And they have all kinds of cool spells they can whump the boys with. As in Malleus Maleficarum when Dean was coughing up blood.

If you could make a Spn fanvid, what song would you pick?

I would have chosen witches as well! They are just plain evil :D

OK, I guess I passed my "I'd love to see a Rammstein SPN Vid"-phase, because at the moment it would so be this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KkUeRPjc-Y

"The Cave" by Mumford and Sons.
Until recently it was "Undisclodes Desires" by Muse but it would be pretty difficult to not make it a Wincest vid.

I like that question! What would you chose?

RodneyIsGodney
April 21st, 2010, 04:30 PM
I like that question! What would you chose?

Um...gosh, it depends on the mood of the fanvid and who the subject of the fanvid is...

Highway to Hell by AC/DC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DixnDjsEta0) comes to mind for a Season 3 vid about Dean dying.

Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas (for obvious reasons) for a vid about the boys and all the crap they've been through over the years. Even though it's been done already. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al12WO5x23w) I really love this song!

Superman by Five for Fighting is another one I'd use for a vid about Dean.

If I were to make a vid about Dean's Impala I would use something like Wheels of Steel by Saxon. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwKRyizwEKo) Even though the lyric goes I've got a '68 Chevy... and we know the Impala's a '67 Chevy.

That's all I got...

Sorry, but I gotta answer Iolanda's question.

This is gonna sound cliche but I would love to see Dean and Sam swap bodies with each other. I think that would be a riot! Btw,LizzieAnne, I love your answer!

Oh, I gotta ask a question now huh? Okay...um...

Which brother would you trust with your life?

starg8fans
April 21st, 2010, 08:52 PM
Um...gosh, it depends on the mood of the fanvid and who the subject of the fanvid is...

Highway to Hell by AC/DC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DixnDjsEta0) comes to mind for a Season 3 vid about Dean dying.

Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas (for obvious reasons) for a vid about the boys and all the crap they've been through over the years. Even though it's been done already. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al12WO5x23w) I really love this song!

Superman by Five for Fighting is another one I'd use for a vid about Dean.

If I were to make a vid about Dean's Impala I would use something like Wheels of Steel by Saxon. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwKRyizwEKo) Even though the lyric goes I've got a '68 Chevy... and we know the Impala's a '67 Chevy.

That's all I got...

Sorry, but I gotta answer Iolanda's question.

This is gonna sound cliche but I would love to see Dean and Sam swap bodies with each other. I think that would be a riot! Btw,LizzieAnne, I love your answer!

Oh, I gotta ask a question now huh? Okay...um...

Which brother would you trust with your life?

Hi there, RiG, glad you found our little game!

Excellent question. Of course, my first impulse was to say 'Dean'. To be rescued/protected/looked after by him.... be still my fangirly heart. And for most of the seasons it would have made sense, Dean always had the stronger 'saving people/hunting things' drive. But recent developments (spoilered for S5)have changed the brothers' roles to a certain degree. While the Angels are trying to get Dean to say 'yes' to Michael there have been several moments where Dean overrode his usual urge to sacrifice himself for others and kept saying 'no' even though it endangered Sam or Bobby. While Sam has really put himself on the line for others recently. And he's always been the more empathic one, but Dean was also correct in calling him 'self-righteous' and those kind of people tend to value their opinions more than anything... I'd say it's a real toss=up. So I'll follow my heart, resp. my gut(ter brain) and say Dean.

If you had no way of recording the next episode, would you cancel a date or evening out to stay at home and watch Spn?

Crichiel
April 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM

If you had no way of recording the next episode, would you cancel a date or evening out to stay at home and watch Spn?

Hi RiG! Thanks for joining us!

Not EVEN a question in my mind, stars! Even with 3 ways of making sure I get Supernatural (my own DVD recorder, the Tivo at work, and a subscription on iTunes), I STILL avoid making any plans on Thursday evenings. And I don't answer to phone while it's on....huh, maybe that's why never have dates or evening plans that I need to cancel....

Something I think about while watching the eps with Mary (pushing it again to try and phrase it in a yes/no format): Do you think it's worse for Sam to have lost Mary without ever knowing her than for Dean?

starg8fans
April 23rd, 2010, 06:57 AM
Something I think about while watching the eps with Mary (pushing it again to try and phrase it in a yes/no format): Do you think it's worse for Sam to have lost Mary without ever knowing her than for Dean?

Again, I think there was a shift here over the seasons. In the pilot, Sam tells Dean he never even knew his mother, so he doesn't really get this whole revenge thing. At that point I thought it must have been worse for Dean since he'd known 'normal' and he knew what he lost when Mary died. But this season, whenthey went back in The Song Remains the Same, that look on Sam's face when he saw Mary for the first time, and then later in Dark Side of the Moon when he watched her make that sandwich for Deanit really broke my heart. So now I guess I'm going with the old adage 'better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all'.

Do you think it's intentional that Sam and Dean appear pretty much invulnerable this season, that they just get up and go on after being thrown around and into things?

RodneyIsGodney
April 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
^wish I could answer your question but...too tired to think. Long day at work.:mckay:

Hi RiG! Thanks for joining us!

Hi guys, thanx.:) I love these sorts games.

Crichiel
April 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Do you think it's intentional that Sam and Dean appear pretty much invulnerable this season, that they just get up and go on after being thrown around and into things?

I don't really think it's put in there for the story. If you go back through the seasons, they always had a kind of invulnerability to them when they needed them to be fit for the next scene. I just watched Bedtime Stories and Dean had his a$$ kicked by the big bad wolf, with no consequences. There definitely seems to be something going on with the lack of blood the boys are showing this year (though everyone else is getting gored-up nicely), but I'm thinking that's just Jared, Jensen, or the behind the scenes people maybe getting a little tired of having to stop for that kind of detail in the scenes. Easier and quicker to film without having to consistently place the blood in each shot...and a lot less sticky for the boys! :)

Is there one episode that you would NOT want a newbie to see first, because you wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression of the show? (Wait. To make it harder, let's not count Ghostfacers, because I know a lot of us on this thread don't even consider that a Supernatural episode! ;))

starg8fans
April 26th, 2010, 08:55 PM
IIs there one episode that you would NOT want a newbie to see first, because you wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression of the show? (Wait. To make it harder, let's not count Ghostfacers, because I know a lot of us on this thread don't even consider that a Supernatural episode! ;))

Rats, there goes my easy way out. :p Actually, I can answer this from my own experience. The kids and I started watching Spn and loved it. My husband isn't big on this type of show, but he has a wicked sense of humor so I let him watch Tall Tales. Which turned him off the program completely. The problem is, he didn't really get the fact that the way the boys behaved were just each other's perception, tainted by the influence of the trickster, and he didn't 'get' their characters at all. To him those two were the biggest prats he ever saw. I don't think he would have become a fan even if I had shown him another episode first, but I had not expected such a strong adverse reaction.

Can't word this for a 'yes or no' answer, but if the boys' spirits were to manifest themselves in animal form (think patronus in HP or demon in The Golden Compass) what would those be?

Crichiel
April 26th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Can't word this for a 'yes or no' answer, but if the boys' spirits were to manifest themselves in animal form (think patronus in HP or demon in The Golden Compass) what would those be?

Sam: It took me a while, but I finally came up with a shark. Because he is quiet and patient. But he is also proactive when it comes to a hunt, and when he gets his prey in sight he goes for the quick kill.

Dean: I immediately thought of a Grizzly or Kodiak bear. Because he bigger than life. And though he seems soft and fuzzy at times, he is brutal in a fight. He can and will take on just about anyone. But he would also have to be a Mama bear because he has the maternal instinct and will rip the head off of any perceived threat to his cub (Sam)!

Same question because I am curious how others see them.

iolanda
April 27th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Is there one episode that you would NOT want a newbie to see first, because you wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression of the show? (Wait. To make it harder, let's not count Ghostfacers, because I know a lot of us on this thread don't even consider that a Supernatural episode! ;))

I just want to answer this as well: "Yellow Fever" is also not the best episode to promote the show with. Didn't work with me because you just don't get the jokes if you don't know how the characters normally are. I'd choose a pretty 08/15 monster of the week episode like "Nightshifter" or "Folsom Prison Blues" where you don't need too much background.

Sam: It took me a while, but I finally came up with a shark. Because he is quiet and patient. But he is also proactive when it comes to a hunt, and when he gets his prey in sight he goes for the quick kill.

Dean: I immediately thought of a Grizzly or Kodiak bear. Because he bigger than life. And though he seems soft and fuzzy at times, he is brutal in a fight. He can and will take on just about anyone. But he would also have to be a Mama bear because he has the maternal instinct and will rip the head off of any perceived threat to his cub (Sam)!

Same question because I am curious how others see them.

The characterisation you chose are pretty much how I would describe them as well. I just wouldn't chose the shark for Sam because my association with sharks is too negative. I'd chose a fox instead. He is characterised as cunning and smart in fables, which I think fits to Sam, and he is also a predator which would mirror Sams abilities as a hunter.

Dean then would be dog, who is loyal and kindhearted and looks after his pack. He also tends to get hurt by doing this.

Going back to the question before (I know tgis isn't a yes-no question, but I am just curious):

Which episode would you recommend to advertise the show and why?

starg8fans
April 28th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I think I asked a similar question before, but that means I didn't answer it then. :p So here goes. Actually, I specified that you couldn't take the Pilot since it's too obvious. And it wouldn't be my first choice anyway. I would pick an episode that gives some insight into the boys' childhood. This was communicated through lots of small references over time, so it would be good to have a 'Weecester' scene to summarize that. This narrows it down to Death in the Water, Something Wicked and A Very Supernatural Christmas. If it's somebody who really likes horror I'd pick the latter. It has the best childhood background, since it shows how Sammy finds out that monsters are real. It's also one of the most gory episodes, and it might scare away people who are not great horror fans, so for those (and that includes myself) I'd suggest Something Wicked. Apart from the scene from when the boys were small, with a bonus glimpse at John, I also think the monster is somebody everyone can relate to - I mean, who has not imagined on a stormy night that twigs scratching on the window were the spindly fingers of a witch or other creepy creature? It's also nice to see the way the boys use research to figure out what they're up against, and we have a bit of humor (with the old crone and the upside-down cross).

Is the Pilot the first episode you ever saw?

Crichiel
April 28th, 2010, 01:48 PM
The characterisation you chose are pretty much how I would describe them as well. I just wouldn't chose the shark for Sam because my association with sharks is too negative. I'd chose a fox instead. He is characterised as cunning and smart in fables, which I think fits to Sam, and he is also a predator which would mirror Sams abilities as a hunter.

I actually 1) almost put down fox for Sam myself :) and 2) hesitated on saying shark. But when I thought about why I DIDN'T want to say shark, I realised it is just my own fear of them that makes me also think negatively of these animals. Scientists always talk about how efficient sharks are when they kill. Viscious, but efficient. And that's how I've been seeing Sam this season. But as I said, I almost put down 'fox' as well, AND my second choice for Dean would have been a dog. Great minds think alike! ;)

Is the Pilot the first episode you ever saw?

Can't remember exactly. I MIGHT have seen bits and pieces of other episodes before this (because I was watching Smallville at the time, and Supernatural came on right after). But the first episode I REMEMBER watching was In My Time of Dying. Very confusing. :)

I've brought this up in other threads, but don't THINK I've asked it here. :o Do you find yourself getting numb to the violence on the show after seeing so much of it?

starg8fans
April 29th, 2010, 05:37 AM
II've brought this up in other threads, but don't THINK I've asked it here. :o Do you find yourself getting numb to the violence on the show after seeing so much of it?

I'm probably not the norm, cause I am SO not a fan of gore and horror. Actually, I don't know what possessed me to follow my friend's recommendation and give this a try (although the promise of whump may have had something to do with it), but once I laid my eyes on Dean I was hooked. So I am very grateful every time they just show the 'blood spatters the wall' trick instead of something more graphic. And scenes of people tearing each other apart and eating the bits or heads on a platter still turn my stomach. And I close my eyes whenever there's a revolving blade...

Spn has one of the hottest pair of guys on TV, and they run around swathed in several layers pretty much all the time. Do you think this is necessary so as not to cheapen the characters, or should the fangirls get their occasional drooling moment of shirtlessness (or more) once in a while?

Crichiel
April 29th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Spn has one of the hottest pair of guys on TV, and they run around swathed in several layers pretty much all the time. Do you think this is necessary so as not to cheapen the characters, or should the fangirls get their occasional drooling moment of shirtlessness (or more) once in a while?

I see it more as practical, done because of the climate they film in. But I wouldn't be sad if they wore more t-shirts! ;) Shirtless? I kinda like that they don't go there very often, because it would seem gratuitous (and for some reason, I actually find a tight t-shirt even sexier than shirtless. :o). So far, the shirtless scenes they've done have all made perfect sense and I don't feel like they are JUST trying to grab the fangirls' attention...that's just an added bonus! :D

Ooh, ooh! And quickly before I ask my question, I actually had an idea for the fanvid/music question that someone asked a while back. 10 minutes ago I was listening to Black Betty by Ram Jam and it popped in my head that it would make a GREAT song for a fanvid about the Impala! :cool:

Do you usually 'get' the episode title references when you first see them? (or are you always looking them up to see where they come from?)

starg8fans
April 30th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I Ooh, ooh! And quickly before I ask my question, I actually had an idea for the fanvid/music question that someone asked a while back. 10 minutes ago I was listening to Black Betty by Ram Jam and it popped in my head that it would make a GREAT song for a fanvid about the Impala! :cool:

That would be an excellent choice for such a fanvid! I sure hope somebody who knows how to do that kind of stuff lurks in this thread. *hinthint* http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/smilies/smiley1748.gif

Oh, and on the subject if I'm immune to the violence - last night's ep made me shudder again. I just don't like seeingthroats slit and blood gushing out.

Do you usually 'get' the episode title references when you first see them? (or are you always looking them up to see where they come from?)

Very rarely, and mostly the movie references. As in The Curious Case of Dean Winchester or My Bloody Valentine. As for the classic rock songs, I'm only familiar with the mainstream type stuff, since I grew up in Germany, and my exposure to American music was limited to Casey Kasem (actually had to google the spelling... :o) and his Top 40. I've been planning to put together a playlist of Spn ep title songs, but I haven't really found the time yet.

And speaking of playlists, do you have one for Spn? And/or for any other TV shows?

marielabbott
May 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM
And speaking of playlists, do you have one for Spn? And/or for any other TV shows?

I don't have a playlist for SPN, but I have developed an appreciation and affection for classic rock that I didn't have before I watched Supernatural. I have downloaded a few of my favorite songs from the show, but not enough to make a playlist. Every time I hear Carry On Wayward Son on the radio, I crank it up and pretend I'm in the Impala. :D

The end of the season is nearly here. What will you do to get your SPN fix during the break? Any summer shows that help ease the loss of fresh SPN eps?

Crichiel
May 15th, 2010, 08:17 PM
The end of the season is nearly here. What will you do to get your SPN fix during the break? Any summer shows that help ease the loss of fresh SPN eps?

I have:

- the magazine (although I just read the new one, so two more months until the next)
- the novels (although I just read the new one, so THREE months until the next)
- the DVDs (limit to one ep per day, 103 episodes, hiatus is 4 months, so around 120 days...rats. That won't do)
-the season 4 companion book (doesn't come out until July).
-the season 5 DVD extras (that will probably be coming out September like last year).

DARNIT!!! There just isn't enough to fill all that time! :D I suppose I could also add in Dark Angel, season 4 of Smallville, and then re-read all the books and magazines. :P

Do you have a favourite fight scene in the series?

starg8fans
May 16th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Do you have a favourite fight scene in the series?

Well, I'm definitely partial to the brother-on-brother fight scenes. And I think my favorite is the one in Sex and Violence where they're both hopped up onSiren juice.

Since we're on favorite scenes, what's you favorite Bobby moment with either of the boys?

Crichiel
May 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Since we're on favorite scenes, what's you favorite Bobby moment with either of the boys?

Bobby and Dean in the salvage yard when Bobby yells at Dean for selling his soul. LOVE that scene!

Same question to the next taker! :)

Jack_O'Neill_fan
May 30th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I would have to say the same. :)

Are you going to watch season six? (No brainer there ;) )

starg8fans
May 30th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I would have to say the same. :)

Are you going to watch season six? (No brainer there ;) )

ABSOLUTELY, and I can't wait!

Okay, this is a really mean question. If the show had to kill off either Bobby or Castiel, which one would you be willing to let go?

Crichiel
May 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Okay, this is a really mean question. If the show had to kill off either Bobby or Castiel, which one would you be willing to let go?

Is it terrible that I can answer this without even a second thought? Castiel. Much as I love him, I am more attached to Bobby because he has been there so much longer and because of his love for Sam and Dean.

Do you prefer clueless Castiel or the powerful, enigmatic angel we saw the first few times? (i.e. Castiel threatening Dean in AYTGIMDW, or Castiel in FTBYAM)

starg8fans
June 1st, 2010, 01:02 AM
Do you prefer clueless Castiel or the powerful, enigmatic angel we saw the first few times? (i.e. Castiel threatening Dean in AYTGIMDW, or Castiel in FTBYAM)

I like him better when he's in full power. Misha Collins did a great job at making Castiel both threatening and innocent at the same time. I loved that combination. I kinda felt sorry for the Castiel who had to use a cell phone, since you could tell how uncomfortable and I guess demeaning it was for him.

What do you prefer - stand alone episodes, or those that play a major part in the overall story/myth arch?

Crichiel
June 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
What do you prefer - stand alone episodes, or those that play a major part in the overall story/myth arch?

I think some of the best episodes are the stand-alones....but in general, I prefer those that are mythology-heavy.

Has there ever been a guest spot that you felt was totally miscast?

starg8fans
June 2nd, 2010, 03:56 PM
Has there ever been a guest spot that you felt was totally miscast?

H*ll yeah! Young Dean in Back to School Special annoyed me no end. Jared has been so lucky with the kid who plays young Sam, but Jensen seems to be more difficult to cast. Not one of the boys who played younger versions of Dean were really believable, but this one was downright awful.

Are you looking forward to S6, or do you wish the series had ended with Swan Song?

Crichiel
June 3rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
H*ll yeah! Young Dean in Back to School Special annoyed me no end. Jared has been so lucky with the kid who plays young Sam, but Jensen seems to be more difficult to cast. Not one of the boys who played younger versions of Dean were really believable, but this one was downright awful.

Are you looking forward to S6, or do you wish the series had ended with Swan Song?

First of all, must agree with your answer to my question! I wasn't thinking of any guest actors when I asked it, but when I saw your answer, I echoed your "H*ll yeah"!!

And I'll answer YOUR question with the same: H*ll yeah I'm looking forward to S6!! Precisely because I was SO freakin' unhappy with Swan Song and I would have been furious if that had been the end! Now I can put it behind me because I have new episodes to look forward to.

Do you ever sit down and watch SPN in marathons (say 4 episodes or more at a time)?

starg8fans
June 3rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
First of all, must agree with your answer to my question! I wasn't thinking of any guest actors when I asked it, but when I saw your answer, I echoed your "H*ll yeah"!!

Birds of a feather, we are.

Do you ever sit down and watch SPN in marathons (say 4 episodes or more at a time)?

I say. I watched both S3 and most of S4 in about 4 days each. Couldn't stop myself. If I ever find the time, I'd like to do the same for S5. I find it easier to follow the overall story arch when I can watch the episodes back-to-back, and S5 was especially arch driven.

Which episode would you say is the most un-Spn one we've seen so far? One that's just totally different to what we're used to, or doesn't fit in with the series overall?

RodneyIsGodney
June 3rd, 2010, 01:20 PM
Which episode would you say is the most un-Spn one we've seen so far? One that's just totally different to what we're used to, or doesn't fit in with the series overall?
First episode that comes to mind is Changing Channels. There was nothing scary about it what so ever...it was the comedic episode. But I love it anyway! I tend to love the humorous episodes of any tv show the most.

Of all the characters who've died on the show, who would you like to see brought back and why?
(sorry if this has been asked already)

Crichiel
June 10th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Of all the characters who've died on the show, who would you like to see brought back and why?
(sorry if this has been asked already)

Ellen. Because I loved the way she and Dean interacted. She was a great 'tough mother' figure for him.

Do you think the YED storyline had run its course when they killed him off in AHBL?

RodneyIsGodney
June 10th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Ellen. Because I loved the way she and Dean interacted. She was a great 'tough mother' figure for him.
Good answer!

Do you think the YED storyline had run its course when they killed him off in AHBL?
Yes. It's over and done with, move on.

Do you prefer the creature-of-the-week episodes or the story arc episodes?

Crichiel
June 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Do you prefer the creature-of-the-week episodes or the story arc episodes?

Story arc, but I don't DISlike creature-of-the-week, by any means!

Have you ever published a SPN fanfic?

starg8fans
June 12th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Have you ever published a SPN fanfic?

I have written a couple but not published them. I'm not sure it can do justice to the excellent stuff that's out there. And I have problems writing the ending for two of them. As Chuck said, endings are hard...

They are currently working on an anime version of Spn in Japan (more info at http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/75380-Supernatural-The-Animation). Is that something you would watch?

iolanda
June 13th, 2010, 02:10 AM
They are currently working on an anime version of Spn in Japan (more info at http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/75380-Supernatural-The-Animation). Is that something you would watch?

It depends massively on the artwork. I'm not really an animé fan, but I could warm up to it when the content is what I like. I've seen some pages of the supernatural comic books and didn't like them enough to buy them. I'd watch the animé version when I get the feeling that the characters there are really the ones I expect to see. But to be honest, it's nothing I need to have.

Do you think that season 6 should be the last season of SPN?

starg8fans
June 14th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Do you think that season 6 should be the last season of SPN?

Speaking from my heart, I'd want the show to go on forever. Speaking from my head, I'd say it would probably be better. It's a miracle they have been able to keep up such a high level of quality programming for this long, and it's better to go out while you're on top. It will also depend a lot on how the next season plays out. If there's a noticeable downward trend, I'd say let it end, but if it appears that they have more stories to tell - and if Jensen and Jared are on board with it - I'd say why not continue?

Did this show attract you immediately with the first episode you saw? Or did you need some time to warm up to it?

Crichiel
June 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Did this show attract you immediately with the first episode you saw? Or did you need some time to warm up to it?

Hmm. It definitely attracted me (well...Jensen did! :o), but I was also scared off by the gore. Then a few months later, I liked the one I saw (BUABS), but I couldn't follow the story. It took something like 3 more episodes spread out over the next couple years, and then I don't even remember what made me want to see it from the beginning (repeats of S4 over that summer's hiatus or something). Rented the 1st disc and never looked back!! :)

Same question.

starg8fans
June 28th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Hmm. It definitely attracted me (well...Jensen did! :o), but I was also scared off by the gore. Then a few months later, I liked the one I saw (BUABS), but I couldn't follow the story. It took something like 3 more episodes spread out over the next couple years, and then I don't even remember what made me want to see it from the beginning (repeats of S4 over that summer's hiatus or something). Rented the 1st disc and never looked back!! :)

Same question.

Looks like I have to answer my own question... I don't watch TV, so I went on YT when the show was recommended to me, and saw a few random episodes - starting with Folsam Prison Blues. I think I was hooked by the time the spirit of the homicidal nurse attacked Dean in his cell.

When the show ends on TV, would you like to see it continued in one or more movies?

Crichiel
June 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
When the show ends on TV, would you like to see it continued in one or more movies?

Not really. I can't think of any show that's done a real great job with transition other than the original Star Trek, and even they messed up the first movie. X-Files and Serenity were only like mediocre episodes, trying too hard to appeal to fans and newcomers. And personally, I don't think they captured the spirit enough to totally please fans, or to really showcase to what was so wonderful about the shows to the uninitiated. Supernatural is perfect as a tv show with whole seasons to play out the story. Don't try and condense it down just to keep the story going. Leave 'em wanting more. That said...I still think it has at least a season 7 in it!!

So there's my question: Do you think they could carry off a season 7?

starg8fans
June 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM
So there's my question: Do you think they could carry off a season 7?

I'll have to reserve final judgement on that until after I've seen at least parts of S6. But I'd say I'm almost sure they could. Cause even if they drop a bit behind their usual stellar standards, it would still be one of the best shows on TV. As Sera Gamble said, there's still plenty of stories to be told. And now that we know that Kripke continues to take an interest in the show and will keep an eye on it staying within his own parameters I'm even more confident.

Is there an actor or actress you'd just love to see guest star on Supernatural, and if so in what role?

Crichiel
July 1st, 2010, 12:06 PM
Is there an actor or actress you'd just love to see guest star on Supernatural, and if so in what role?

I don't. When they use a 'known' actor, it actually distracts me. And sometimes, they aren't even the best choice for the role. I understand the coolness of having Linda Blair in an episode, but there are parts of her performance that I didn't even think were that good. She is famous for a role she did as a child, and hasn't done too much acting since....and I think it showed. Plus, even worse, you get the hammer-over-the-head obvious jokes like Jensen's ad-lib about wanting pea soup and I just want to groan. Stick with the good character actors that only distract you for a second thinking, "What do I know him from?".

Have you ever been to a SPN convention? If no, would you want to? If yes, who did you see?

RodneyIsGodney
July 19th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Have you ever been to a SPN convention? If no, would you want to? If yes, who did you see?
Sadly, I have not.:( And, YES, I would want love to!

Would you rather go on a hunt with Dean...or with Sam?

Crichiel
July 19th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Would you rather go on a hunt with Dean...or with Sam?

I know it seems obvious why I would say Dean, but even after really thinking about it, I would STILL say Dean. No question Sam is a great hunter, but for Dean it's like a gift. Whatever else is going on, he is laser-focused on a hunt, it's who he is...and with Sam, there are times I would be worried he might go a WEE bit psycho on me!

Is there one specific method of monster-killing that you're partial to (the Colt, Ruby's knife, silver bullets, incineration, decapitation, etc.)? Kinda a gruesome question, I know!

RodneyIsGodney
July 19th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I know it seems obvious why I would say Dean, but even after really thinking about it, I would STILL say Dean. No question Sam is a great hunter, but for Dean it's like a gift. Whatever else is going on, he is laser-focused on a hunt, it's who he is...and with Sam, there are times I would be worried he might go a WEE bit psycho on me!
Good answer.:)

Is there one specific method of monster-killing that you're partial to (the Colt, Ruby's knife, silver bullets, incineration, decapitation, etc.)? Kinda a gruesome question, I know!
Gotta go with the colt. That thing is [email protected]!

Do you prefer Dean and SAM in suits or in street clothes.

Yeah, I really cant think of anything else to ask. My brain is pretty much "Fire bad. Tree pretty." at 10 o'clock at night.

Crichiel
July 19th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Good answer.:)

Gotta go with the colt. That thing is [email protected]!

Do you prefer Dean and SAM in suits or in street clothes.

Great answer yourself! ;) I actually thought of the question because I just watched an ep with the Colt and I was wonderinf if I was the only person that got giddy and started grinning like a crazy person everytime Sam or Dean pulls the Colt. I don't care if it makes them too powerful, I LOVE that thing! :)

Tough answer for yours. I think they look goooooood in suits (especially Dean in It's a Terrible Life), but I would maybe end up saying street clothes because they look so much more Sam and Dean-like. That make sense? Plus something about the blue-collar look appeals to me more than white-collar.

Hmmm. Question, question....hmmm. I WAS going to ask "Do you spoiler?", but since I see most of you here on the spoiler thread, I think I already know the answer! ;) How about: Considering this shows amazing track record at NOT creating gaping plot holes, is there one they did that totally drives you nuts?

RodneyIsGodney
July 20th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Great answer yourself! ;)
Thanx.:D

I actually thought of the question because I just watched an ep with the Colt and I was wonderinf if I was the only person that got giddy and started grinning like a crazy person everytime Sam or Dean pulls the Colt. I don't care if it makes them too powerful, I LOVE that thing! :)
Your not the only one.;) It's an incredibly beautiful piece of weaponry. The attention to detail is amazing with all those designs etched into it. I love that it's really old, the mythology associated with it is pretty cool and I love the pentagram carved into the handle too. Prop Master Chris Cooper claims (in the S3 companion guide) that the Latin inscription on the barrel, non timeho mala, translates to: Hear no evil. However this site (http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Supernatural) says it's I shall fear no evil... which sounds better, more appropriate. Maybe the "H" was a typo?:P Also, the bullets are pretty wicked looking with all that detail, the etchings. And they're numbered, love that!:D:D

Tough answer for yours. I think they look goooooood in suits (especially Dean in It's a Terrible Life), but I would maybe end up saying street clothes because they look so much more Sam and Dean-like. That make sense? Plus something about the blue-collar look appeals to me more than white-collar.
Yeah, agreed.;)

Hmmm. Question, question....hmmm. I WAS going to ask "Do you spoiler?", but since I see most of you here on the spoiler thread, I think I already know the answer! ;) How about: Considering this shows amazing track record at NOT creating gaping plot holes, is there one they did that totally drives you nuts?
I cannot think of any atm...sorry.

starg8fans
July 20th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Your not the only one.;) It's an incredibly beautiful piece of weaponry. The attention to detail is amazing with all those designs etched into it. I love that it's really old, the mythology associated with it is pretty cool and I love the pentagram carved into the handle too. Prop Master Chris Cooper claims (in the S3 companion guide) that the Latin inscription on the barrel, non timeho mala, translates to: Hear no evil. However this site (http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Supernatural) says it's I shall fear no evil... which sounds better, more appropriate. Maybe the "H" was a typo?:P Also, the bullets are pretty wicked looking with all that detail, the etchings. And they're numbered, love that!:D:D

Actually, the typo's in the Latin. It should me 'Non Timeo mala' which means 'I fear no evil'. As in the famous quote from the Trojan war epos that every student of Latin comes across at some time: Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes (I fear the Danaens even if they bear gifts.) It supposed to be a great example for some grammatical gimmick or other, but I forgot which one. It's amazing how much I remember even though I had no interest in the language at all when I had to study it for five endless years. I get almost all of the exorcism spell, for example.

I cannot think of any atm...sorry.

Neither can I. Well, not of a plot hole per se. There are just a few inconsistencies that have always irked me. For example, in Monster at the End of the Book after they check into the 'ToREadaR' motel (always loved that twist!) Dean goes to 'park the Impala'. I mean, it's a motel, the car sits right outside their door, so why would he take it to an off-site parking lot where he can't keep an eye on it?

Maybe somebody else can come up with a proper answer. Or did you have a certain one in mind when you asked, Crichiel?

iolanda
July 21st, 2010, 12:20 AM
Actually, the typo's in the Latin. It should me 'Non Timeo mala' which means 'I fear no evil'. As in the famous quote from the Trojan war epos that every student of Latin comes across at some time: Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes (I fear the Danaens even if they bear gifts.) It supposed to be a great example for some grammatical gimmick or other, but I forgot which one. It's amazing how much I remember even though I had no interest in the language at all when I had to study it for five endless years. I get almost all of the exorcism spell, for example.
I also thought that it was a typo too (I had 5 years of Latin, but I forgot most of it), but it isn't, it's an old Latin version of Psalm 23,4. The b in timebo irritates me every time I see it, though.

To answer the question: it's not a plot hole per se, because it is explainable, but for me the story line with the special children doesn't make much sense.

Spoilers S5:
If it was always clear, that Sam would be Lucifers vessel, why did Azazel need to make this whole search for the super-kid, and risk Sams life by this way? It is explainable, I know, but it just feels not totally consistent.

Imagine the series ended: do you think that the writer should explain everything or is it OK, when they leave out some explanations even if they know the answers to themselves? (Like: where are John and Mary?)

starg8fans
July 21st, 2010, 01:08 AM
Hope it's okay to carry on the discussion here - not really the topic of the thread, I know...

I also thought that it was a typo too (I had 5 years of Latin, but I forgot most of it), but it isn't, it's an old Latin version of Psalm 23,4. The b in timebo irritates me every time I see it, though.

*facepalm* I didn't realize that it's part of the 'valley of death' psalm. In that case 'timebo' makes sense since it's the subjunctive clause. Sort of 'I would not fear evil'.

To answer the question: it's not a plot hole per se, because it is explainable, but for me the story line with the special children doesn't make much sense.

Spoilers S5:
If it was always clear, that Sam would be Lucifers vessel, why did Azazel need to make this whole search for the super-kid, and risk Sams life by this way? It is explainable, I know, but it just feels not totally consistent.
It does raise some questions, but thenthe special children were created by Azazel at Lucifer's command, who told him to find a 'special child'. Using Sam was God's plan, and neither of them would have been aware of it. They too were only pawns in the greater game.
Along the same lines - and actually leading into your question - there was that scene in Nightmares where Sam telekinetically moved the chest away from the closet door to free himself. That particular power never came up again. If fear for Dean's life kindled it then, wouldn't it have come back when Sam was drinking demon blood? I can see why the writers didn't pursue that partiucular plotline, though. It would have killed a lot of potentially dangerous situations if Sam were able to shift and zoom things at will.

So to get back to the question:

[quote]Imagine the series ended: do you think that the writer should explain everything or is it OK, when they leave out some explanations even if they know the answers to themselves? (Like: where are John and Mary?)

I like it when questions are answered and loose threads tied up at the end. To me it's a sign of quality (that the writers keep track of their earlier work) or of forethought (raising certain issues with a later twist in mind). Still, I realize that it's impossible to tidy up everything in the end, especially with a show as long running and intricate as Spn. And I'd rather have a strong season finale with one solid story rather than a profusion of expository things that will explain everything.

Same question.

RodneyIsGodney
July 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM
For example, in Monster at the End of the Book after they check into the 'ToREadaR' motel (always loved that twist!)
Um, okay...I don't get it. Pardon m denseness.:o

Same question.

Oh, I need every loose end tied up. Every question answered. I agree with your answer.

After School Special or Yellow Fever? (which do you prefer)

Crichiel
July 21st, 2010, 12:33 PM
After School Special or Yellow Fever? (which do you prefer)

Ooh, yay! An easy one for me! I love Yellow Fever. Some people probably think it's too OTT, but I love seeing Dean like this. And, sorry, but After School Special is one of my least favourite episodes of the entire series. Probably because of the way Dean is portrayed and because of the kid that was cast to play him. I almost never watch this episode.

How about Hollywood Babylon or Monster Movie?

starg8fans
July 21st, 2010, 01:48 PM
Um, okay...I don't get it. Pardon m denseness.:o

I meant how they changed the TOREADOR into the RED Motel. Looking back those mixed up latter did look really weird.

Ooh, yay! An easy one for me! I love Yellow Fever. Some people probably think it's too OTT, but I love seeing Dean like this. And, sorry, but After School Special is one of my least favourite episodes of the entire series. Probably because of the way Dean is portrayed and because of the kid that was cast to play him. I almost never watch this episode.

How about Hollywood Babylon or Monster Movie?

Monster Movie, hands down. The boys' confusion about being faced by all the clichés they knew were wrong was epic. And Dean in Lederhosen? Being from Bavaria myself I loved it. Especially since the stuff was really authentic too - not like in some other movies I could mention (but won't).

Since somebody mentioned special children... They all had different special powers, and I have a theory that they were a result of certain character traits. Like Sam who was really smart becoming clairvoyant. If it had been Dean who was fed the demon blood instead of Sam, what special skill do you think he would have developed?

RodneyIsGodney
July 21st, 2010, 03:36 PM
I meant how they changed the TOREADOR into the RED Motel. Looking back those mixed up latter did look really weird.
Ah, yeah, I liked that too!.

Since somebody mentioned special children... They all had different special powers, and I have a theory that they were a result of certain character traits. Like Sam who was really smart becoming clairvoyant. If it had been Dean who was fed the demon blood instead of Sam, what special skill do you think he would have developed?
Empathy. He'd be an empath I think. He's a very emotional guy, even if he doesn't always like to show it - "No chick flick moments..."He does let us see him cry though. We've seen how angry he can get and how passionate he is about his family, and family in general.

If you could be plunked right down in the middle of an episode of Supernatural which one would it be and why?

iolanda
July 23rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
If you could be plunked right down in the middle of an episode of Supernatural which one would it be and why?

Monster Movie! Hey, it's Oktoberfest, and I'd love to see Dean in Lederhosen!! Also: I'd ever wanted to know how it is to be black/white

Same question!