when the stargate shuts down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when the stargate shuts down

like at the start when they all come thru the destiny stargate, when it shuts down all these sparks come out from the floor. I was assuming that the stargate was going to be damaged after that, but it started working again. Did this get explained or was it just some random effect like the smoke coming off of the gate in the SGC?

I think the sparks you're refering to are the CO2 coolers, that the Gate gets sprayed with on the Destiny when it shuts down.

If you're refering to something else, then I haven't noticed any sparks.

Comment

I see steam, but no sparks...*shrug*

Comment

you speak about the smoke after the shuting down of the Stargate .

This is more strange , why the gate make smoke ???
        Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

sigpic

Comment

Cool it down?

Go Green

Comment

it was that flare sort of thing under the floor on both sides of the gate on the destiny, i was thinking it was just a once off thing like when they first arrived and all the lights went out and the stargate might have been affected by the explosion at the Icarus base and it was just to indicate that the stargate was worn out by suddenly being used again or something, but it also happened when they returned from the desert planet in air part 3. So i guess it was just something to cool the gate down.

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
              it was that flare sort of thing under the floor on both sides of the gate on the destiny, i was thinking it was just a once off thing like when they first arrived and all the lights went out and the stargate might have been affected by the explosion at the Icarus base and it was just to indicate that the stargate was worn out by suddenly being used again or something, but it also happened when they returned from the desert planet in air part 3. So i guess it was just something to cool the gate down.
              Didn't this happen in the original movie? the gases emiting from the gate at one point? I figured it was a cool down effedt myself
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Don't think theres any major reason for it. Its mostly a cosmetic thing, it looks cool. Its just to cool it down, or something. I dont really think it needs a major explanation in the series, but you never know, they may just throw it in

Comment

yeh maybe they'll give it a cool name like they did in SG1 with "kawoosh" for when the wormhole forms.

Comment

I vote we call it the POOF

Comment

or the "Poofs" cus there's 2 of them, one each side of the gate

also just occured to me that it could just be one of those pilot episode things that they dont repeat again, like with SG1 being thrown out of the gate covered in ice.

Comment

how about the hooza-boogle-wang

Comment

i vote the 'paa-woosh'

Comment

Here is my science fiction speculation: I want to imagine that it has something to do with the gates capacitors. I want to say that any residual charge left in them could be hazardous or impede gate function. It would be important to drain the caps after each use. In the world of 'ancient tech', the caps release their energy as a rush of gas and light.

I'm just using my imagination based on what I know from the real world.

Comment

Working...
                            X