Is Anyboidy Else Scared For Eli?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Anyboidy Else Scared For Eli?

Considering that just about everybody ganged up on Eli, I don't think he had the choice to say no to them. I feel that if he would've said no to them they would've treated him as a a social pariah at the very least and possibly mistreat him badly.

So Eli is now in a bad position.

It makes me wonder if there will be a mutiny some time in the future.

Comment

I think he can take him. Eli and his gang of Kinos vs. everyone else.

Comment

He is going to get it on with Chloe.....he wouldn't care if no-one else likes him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          He is going to get it on with Chloe.....he wouldn't care if no-one else likes him.
          Hell, being on the other side of the Universe, with no power, little water, no bathroom facilities and no chance in hell of getting back to Earth wouldn't bother me that much if I could get it on with Chloe.
          sigpic
          Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
          Episode III: Phantasm.
          "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

I did feel very scared for Eli. I think something pretty bad is likely to happen as a result of him saying yes to them.

Comment

I think he's starting to find himself as an unlikely leader.
              Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                i was thinking sooner, they seem to have lost all respect for the chain of command(not jayne's "chain of command") very quickly,
                i presume they're supposed to be fairly well regarded soldiers to make it to a top secret facility like icarus base! seems a bit quick to start questioning whats going on, soldiers don't have to understand, just do!
                sigpic
                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

Yeah, Eli is in a bad position since he's new to all this and the disgruntled people on board are using that to their advantage. I only trust the main cast...which I suppose is why they're the main cast. I trust Rush probably the MOST! He may be a bit off his rocker at times, but he has their best interest in mind so far...well, short of getting them their in the first place...and he knows what he's doing more than the rest...especially Telford...I hate him right now.

Comment

Well if there is a mutiny I think its likely to go up against Rush, and Young will step in to back him up along with Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantean General View Post
                      Hell, being on the other side of the Universe, with no power, little water, no bathroom facilities and no chance in hell of getting back to Earth wouldn't bother me that much if I could get it on with Chloe.

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                      i was thinking sooner, they seem to have lost all respect for the chain of command(not jayne's "chain of command") very quickly,
                      i presume they're supposed to be fairly well regarded soldiers to make it to a top secret facility like icarus base! seems a bit quick to start questioning whats going on, soldiers don't have to understand, just do!
                      But a lot of the people in that room were not soldiers either.

I think he in the end will be fine, and they know this, because he really has the powers that be behind him. And everyone else has to know that they are the most likely means to get back to Earth so their is no way for them to really vent their paranoia out right now, of course that means they will pick the most unsuspecting target. But if Eli is really in the inside, they will protect him...and if he is not they will protect him likelt because he is one of the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                        Eli is suddenly surrounded by three Kinos.

"I am the Math Boy, and these are my friends."
                        "The lady doesn't like us."
                        "Stupid lady."
                        "Dead Lady."
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I think Eli will be ok. To me it seems like the writers are building him up to be the 'good guy', the one that everyone loves and appreciates, and I think he'll prove his worth eventually and that will start to play out. The show needs someone like that to keep it balanced. It can't be all cat fights and fisticuffs all the time. There has to be at least one person who is laid back, has a good heart, and cheers up the other people on the ship (and the audience).

Eli brings much needed humor to the show, and so far seems to be the only real source of a laugh, even if it's at the expense of 'Planet of the Apes' at a moment where the joke doesn't even make sense. If they make him out to be the one everyone dislikes, I think we'll end up losing that important aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                            Considering that just about everybody ganged up on Eli, I don't think he had the choice to say no to them. I feel that if he would've said no to them they would've treated him as a a social pariah at the very least and possibly mistreat him badly.

So Eli is now in a bad position.
                            Nah I think that "group bonding session" was the sum of all concerns from the staff and civ's who aren't in "need to know" positions.

I definitely think that Young is holding Eli close simply because he knows that Eli will give a more unbiased technical opinion about the situation whereas Rush can not be trusted to give such an opinion just yet.

Poor Eli, "I am so torn" lol what a line!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Well take a look at the titles up the upcoming episodes, Justice and Divided are of key note for me with regards to mutiny. The meeting Eli had shows that there is already tension building up!

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                              Eli just needs one of those EVA suits from SGA Asgard and he'll be right!

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                              Nah, Eli is in the "friend" zone. Anyone else know what that's like?

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
                              I think he's starting to find himself as an unlikely leader.
                              Totally agree. Eli will become the go-to guy for most problems, esp. for the civs who don't like being spoken to by Millitary types.

Originally posted by Larry The Chevron Guy View Post
                              Eli brings much needed humor to the show, and so far seems to be the only real source of a laugh, even if it's at the expense of 'Planet of the Apes' at a moment where the joke doesn't even make sense. If they make him out to be the one everyone dislikes, I think we'll end up losing that important aspect.
                              Yep, that's definitely his saving grace atm. So far he hasn't become the make shift McKay for the ship, so humor is certainly it's calling card just now.

Oh, and Math boy!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                              : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Working...
                              X