Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert C. Cooper - sci-fi wire "Ancients and the Gatebuilders"?!?!?!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert C. Cooper - sci-fi wire "Ancients and the Gatebuilders"?!?!?!?

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30009

OK, i'm sure most of you have seen this on gateworld or on scifi wire, there is already a thread on here about the whole O'Neil thing, but i want to talk abot the other thing RCC says

"Cooper said the ninth season would introduce new villains and take the show in a new direction. "While we say new direction, ... the concept of the series is very much pulled from the mythology of SG-1, and I think fans are going to be very excited about the direction we're going. ... One of the things we're going to be exploring in season nine is the origin of the Ancients and the Gatebuilders. And it's something I know fans have been sort of very curious about, and have sort of asked to see. And that is ... one of the things we're really going to be delving into: ... Who the Ancients really are, and where they came from, and we may even get a chance to go there." "

A couple of Q's

What Does he mean by saying "Ancients and the Gatebuilders". Does he mean that the Ancients and the Gatebuilders are different people???

"where they came from, and we may even get a chance to go there"

This kinda sugests that the Ancients didn't origionaly come from Earth. Or at least thats how i read it.

Can anyone else offer any insight into the article?

What do you think?
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

Also want to know about this new enemy.

Any theories???
    Citizen Joe

Comment

Sounds interesting. I'm curious to know who the new enemies will be. But I'm also pretty curious to learn more about the ancients and the gatebuilders. we've only touched upon them so far.

Comment

I didn't even think of the "where they come from" thing. I did notice the gate biulders and Aneients are different, which scares me.

Season 9 is getting me more amd more worried, if what he says is true. I mean they are already completing changing the cast, making it look like BB was there the whole time, now they are adding thnigs to our history, and taking them away.

SG-1 should stick with exploring their own area, and Atlantis should go around explaining the Anients some more.

The only "new" bad guy SG-1 should meet would be the Wraith, that's it.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
          Season 9 is getting me more amd more worried, if what he says is true. I mean they are already completing changing the cast, making it look like BB was there the whole time, now they are adding thnigs to our history, and taking them away.

SG-1 should stick with exploring their own area, and Atlantis should go around explaining the Anients some more.

The only "new" bad guy SG-1 should meet would be the Wraith, that's it.
          I couldn't have said it better. Let's just hope that implying the Gatebuilders and the Ancients are different was a mistake. I think the "we can go there" could mean there will be some sort of time machine episode. It would be much more logical than "Hey, let's just pull a new galaxy out of our butt and completely disregard all the hints we dropped earlier in the series." All these changes are really making me worried...

Comment

But there are two sides to the Ancients. There are the MWAncients and the PGAncients. Both have different attributes. And also, the MWAncients seem to reside in our galaxy as ascended. As for the PGAncients, they are either dead, or their history has been weaved into the making's of all the planet's they have visited.

Let us not forget, that SGA will also be learning a tremendous ammount of knowledge with the Wraith. Look at SG1, all they did was Goa'uld history for many seasons. They would sprinkle in some Ancient here and there, and keep your appetiete.

But now I think that they are going to come full circle with this Ancient stuff, and start closing down topics like: 'Where did the Tollan go?' and 'What happened to the Nox?' or my favorite, expanding on the idea of the United Nations Of The Stars (Nox, Furling, Asgard, Ancient (most recently the Tau'Ri)).

I think that part is a good idea. But I agree with the fact that the Wraith should be introduced, and into the MWGalaxy. Then the SGC should go public, and we should start getting ready to battle them. So I guess this means the entire Goa'Uld thing is dead as of Mobeius?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Great, just what we need. Another 200 billion storylines never to be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                Great, just what we need. Another 200 billion storylines never to be resolved.

Oh, you're such a Negative Nancy.

I thought people on these boards were supose to like the show.
                We should be greatful that they're still making this amazing, groundbreaking show!
                Citizen Joe

Comment

Maybe gatebuilder is a machine that builds gates. A factory that churns them out in an assembly line.

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
                    Maybe gatebuilder is a machine that builds gates. A factory that churns them out in an assembly line.
                    Then where the heck are all those stargates? Granted, it's a pretty big universe out there, so we probably haven't found nearly all of them at this point. An interesting idea, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
                      Oh, you're such a Negative Nancy.

I thought people on these boards were supose to like the show.
                      We should be greatful that they're still making this amazing, groundbreaking show!

The people on this board like, or have liked something to do with Stargate. But the "amazing, groundbreaking (it was never groundbreaking) show" has being dieing for years. It is a dead cow, and yet they still try to milk it. That is taking away from the spinoff, it is also being pointless if SG-1 will never end.
                      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                        The people on this board like, or have liked something to do with Stargate. But the "amazing, groundbreaking (it was never groundbreaking) show" has being dieing for years. It is a dead cow, and yet they still try to milk it. That is taking away from the spinoff, it is also being pointless if SG-1 will never end.
                        Maybe it's time to sned SG-1 in an entirely new direction? Something tells me that SG-1 may still be around after Season 9. Why would they be introducing new people and planning changes? It would seem stupid to end the series a season after introducing new people and changing things. But then again, if the changes are bad enough (at least to the fans) then they might as well end the series right then and there.

Comment

Damn my computer just crashed when I clicked on Post reply ... so I'll try to write my post aigain:

Yes place a big G and a big A are something that can make us beleive they are, were two different groups, race.
                          I think the furlings started to build the network and then they met with the other great race, and make an alliance to continue the network together ... because that was their common goal, conquerring the universe - just kidding - help other races and everything ...

So yes this is a VERY important thing that I hope we will know more about it before the beginning of S9 (At least, we shall see it during the preview )

Unfortunatly, if I remember correctly, the writters said they wouldn't talk about the furling in a ninth season, so we'll have to wait 'till S10 ! Anyway there is plenty of story ... babylone, the big gaz's giant in the pyramid, the aschend, the tollan, the race who quit our galaxy because of the goauld and that a man has the memory and make a TVshow of it ... don't remember the name, anyway !

SG-1 has plenty of interresting thing to go even if it is just to see the Nox and the asgard aigain. And they are even introducing a new ennemy in S10 so ... if a new ennemy is comming, maybe the old one is gone ?
                          - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                          - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                          - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                            Unfortunatly, if I remember correctly, the writters said they wouldn't talk about the furling in a ninth season, so we'll have to wait 'till S10 ! Anyway there is plenty of story ... babylone, the big gaz's giant in the pyramid, the aschend, the tollan, the race who quit our galaxy because of the goauld and that a man has the memory and make a TVshow of it ... don't remember the name, anyway !

SG-1 has plenty of interresting thing to go even if it is just to see the Nox and the asgard aigain. And they are even introducing a new ennemy in S10 so ... if a new ennemy is comming, maybe the old one is gone ?
                            Maybe the Nox or Tollan would be the enemy. The tollan can't be the same though cos that guy is now Weir's husband.

Comment

I just took the "Ancients and the Gatebuilders" thing to simply mean the particular era or group of Ancients who built the gates. Learning about the Ancients might be a huge undertaking, considering their society lasted so many thousands of millenia or whatever. I mean, the USA is only 200 years old and people already hate how much history they have to learn!

So I don't think they'll make anyone beside the Ancients the gatebuilders.

Comment

Working...
                              X