So the ship has AI or a pilot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the ship has AI or a pilot.

It knows what it needs. It is aware of what is happening. First the lime, second the arrival of people, third weak in power. AT the same time locking out people in it.
    Stargate Revival Please!

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
    It knows what it needs.
    my mobile phone beeps when its running out of power.
    It is aware of what is happening.
    it also has a pedometer in it, knows when i'm walking!
    First the lime, second the arrival of people,
    it lights up when there's a call incoming.
    third weak in power.
    even making no calls it runs down
    AT the same time locking out people in it.
    really shouldn't forget my sim card pin number.

AI
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
      It knows what it needs. It is aware of what is happening. First the lime, second the arrival of people, third weak in power. AT the same time locking out people in it.
      Do you mean a video game AI or a Terminator skynet type of AI?
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

it seems to have problem solving AI

Comment

Doesn't have to be an AI. Just a matter of anticipating what things the ship will go through, and programming appropriate responses. We'll have to assume the Ancients were pretty smart programmers.

Comment

The Ancient probably programmed the ship to be a very resourceful problem-solver - since they knew it would venture very deep into the universe for a really long time, which means that it has to maintain itself (as much as it can).

Atlantis also had many intelligent features and 'protocols' - like the quarantine mechanisms.
            sigpic

Comment

Before SGU, we had no hints about how did the Ancients spread the stargates (with manned ships, or with autonomous ships). But now it's pretty clear that Destiny was preceded by some autonomous ships that were able to explore galaxies, find inhabitable planets, install stargates, and probably even build the stargates on-board (the ships couldn't have left the docks with enough stargates to colonize entire galaxies!) . Maybe even build new fleets of stargate-spreading ships.

This means that the Ancients were designing highly advanced AIs for their ships , so that these would be able to solve most problems that can be encountered during its flight.

In the pilot episode, it knew what was needed to restore the ventilation systems, and reacted by hinting a list of stargate addresses. Now it actively changed it course for some reasons.

I'm wondering whether it's possible that those Kimos are more than they seem : they could be the eyes and ears of a conscious ship that is observing the new crew , trying to determine whether they are worthy to directly talk with ....

Comment

im would have to say the ship has an advanced ai because theres no way the ancients could predict what would happen so i believe yes the ships path was preprogrammed but that ships ai has the ability to over write if needed,

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post

I'm wondering whether it's possible that those Kimos are more than they seem : they could be the eyes and ears of a conscious ship that is observing the new crew , trying to determine whether they are worthy to directly talk with ....
                  Great speculation HD!

Comment

Something like this lovely AI?
                    Spoiler:

Actually...her clothes look kinda Alteran...
                    sigpic
                    Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
                    Episode III: Phantasm.
                    "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

I eagerly await our holographic AI "Destiny" stepping up to introduce him/herself.

Comment

It's most likely that it does. You want send a huge project off like the Destiny and not give it the means to fend for itself.
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Pilot or AI? We already know the answer to that!

Spoiler:
                          That's PILOT! hah

Comment

I also wondered whether perhaps the ship would be watching the crew through these Kinos. Just think about how everyone confessed their fears and inner thoughts to the camera for posterity. It would be very hilarious if a ship AI had witnessed that. Well, the crew hopefully convinced the computer that it doesn't need to set its security systems on them.

However, so far everything the ship has done could just as well have been a series of automatic pre-programmed responses.
                            Moreover, it coudn't anticipate the situation of life support or power failing and only reacted to it after it had already happend. Also, after the doors failed to close on the damaged shuttle, instead of reprogramming the shuttle software or closing off adjancent doors in the hallway, it just gave up and let the air escape, as if no further programming to deal with the situation existed.

Comment

Before SGU, we had no hints about how did the Ancients spread the stargates (with manned ships, or with autonomous ships). But now it's pretty clear that Destiny was preceded by some autonomous ships that were able to explore galaxies, find inhabitable planets, install stargates, and probably even build the stargates on-board (the ships couldn't have left the docks with enough stargates to colonize entire galaxies!) . Maybe even build new fleets of stargate-spreading ships.

This means that the Ancients were designing highly advanced AIs for their ships , so that these would be able to solve most problems that can be encountered during its flight.

In the pilot episode, it knew what was needed to restore the ventilation systems, and reacted by hinting a list of stargate addresses. Now it actively changed it course for some reasons.

Yes is all i have to say...oh and good idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X