Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of answers!

Wow, lots of answers to some interesting questions in this ep:

* The ship produces water (they have 91,460 liters of water currently - Go Mathboy!) - so they have plenty for consumption.

* Definitely a confirmation that they didn't touch the Senator's body yet.

* The second shuttle is definitely intact, and it's systems are online.

* They have tan/tan-lines!

* Power issues are mostly because they tried to dial back to earth - major power consumption that was not expected in the millions of years this ship has been up and about.
    (more about power - to increase the likelihood of survival, the ship used the FTL until reaching the first viable system that can provide some solution to the problem, and disabled all power to it's systems except the life-support and some shields to give them as much time as possible to figure the situation out).

* Destiny predates the ATA gene technology (solving many timeline issues... yes, rush made a miscalculation when first saying that the ship is 'hundreds of thousands of years old' - he obviously found out it's much more then that after poking around it's systems more).

* The last one touching the LRC stone is the one that get's to be the host of the communication.

* Nicotine/Caffeine withdraws, basic hygiene issues - are discussed.

* Chloe's naked silhouette confirmed.

* Rush explains many other interesting issues in his Kino recording.
    sigpic

Originally posted by renboy View Post

* The ship produces water (they have 91,460 liters of water currently - Go Mathboy!) - so they have plenty for consumption.

* They have tan/tan-lines!

* Power issues are mostly because they tried to dial back to earth - major power consumption that was not expected in the millions of years this ship has been up and about.
    (more about power - to increase the likelihood of survival, the ship used the FTL until reaching the first viable system that can provide some solution to the problem, and disabled all power to it's systems except the life-support and some shields to give them as much time as possible to figure the situation out).

* Destiny predates the ATA gene technology (solving many timeline issues... yes, rush made a miscalculation when first saying that the ship is 'hundreds of thousands of years old' - he obviously found out it's much more then that after poking around it's systems more).

* The last one touching the LRC stone is the one that get's to be the host of the communication.

* Nicotine/Caffeine withdraws, basic hygiene issues - are discussed.

I think you forgot 2nd Lt. Vanessa James' silhouette
    FAVORITE LINE: "I will not compromise the fundamental tenants of my devotion in order to preserve it." - STARGATE ARK OF TRUTH

Comment

confirms that though the people pretty much can shoot rush, everyone realises they needed him.

FINALLY, someone had a nervous breakdown because of the stress put on him.

suck that lemon, Mckay

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        confirms that though the people pretty much can shoot rush, everyone realises they needed him.

FINALLY, someone had a nervous breakdown because of the stress put on him.

suck that lemon, Mckay

Comment

Wasn't it the other way around? The ship has that much water left (supply not increasing for now) and, apart from normal consumption also produces oxygen out of it? At least that's how I remember the scene (and it makes sense, how should the ship produce new water during faster-than-light-travel after all?).
          Also, I remembered it as only being 9,000 litres since the colonel mentioned that it wouldn't be enough to fill a swimming pool. I could be wrong, though - 90,000 litres (90 m³) would still be only a small pool.

Since they couldn't get to the senator without having to sacrifice another crew member (the hull breach is still there after all) I was suprised that it came up. There really is nothing that can be done about the body at the moment, making the woman's question appear rather idiotic. Or did I miss something?

And it's already being drained of its fuel reserves by re-routing its energy into the Destiny. I wonder if that will be a plot-point in future episodes.

That makes sense. I still think it's a design flaw to shut down the light as if it wasn't critically important. It isn't consuming that much energy after all. But then, perhaps the ship's computer program has been without crew so long it doesn't think it needs the light.
          Since the crew hasn't really helped with the power problem at all so far (as far as we know they didn't even yet figure out what is wrong with the ship's power source), Destiny could be right with that assessment.

If the characters would be sharing information and talk to each other like ordinary human being would, then most shows could never produce any drama.

Comment

Also if they re-open the shuttle wouldn't they negate what the senator did for them
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I actually think is just saying that, or maybe he really thinks, but I don't think they actually tried anything...the gate is not capable of dialing back home, not yet, so it wouldn't. And the gate didn't even connect, just spinned. So yea...I think at some point we will find out that that attempt didn't do anything, but maybe I am wrong...

Comment

How would the failed attempt to dial earth cost them any power? The gate spinning could not do that much, and if it does it cost them significantly more power dialing/incoming the desert planet so many times.

Comment

By far the most important confirmation of all, of course.

Comment

* Destiny predates the ATA gene technology (solving many timeline issues... yes, Rush made a miscalculation when first saying that the ship is 'hundreds of thousands of years old' - he obviously found out it's much more then that after poking around it's systems more).
                    No he didn't. I'll repeat this until someone proves me wrong:

Hundreds of thousands can be anything from 1 hundred units of 1 thousand, which in numbers = 100x1000 = 100.000, to 99 hundred units of 999 thousands, which in numbers = 9900x999000 = 9.890.100.000

The Destiny, in the words of Rush (if anyone cares about interpretation instead of taking them to the letter), could be up to 10 million years old. Quit arguing about it.
                    One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                    sigpic
                    Sith Nazghul

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                      No he didn't. I'll repeat this until someone proves me wrong:
                      OK, OK
                      I guess it's just a confusing way of saying 'Millions'.

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                      Also, I remembered it as only being 9,000 litres since the colonel mentioned that it wouldn't be enough to fill a swimming pool.
                      I might have heard the number wrong then...
                      Also, I understood that the ship uses electrolysis (or something of the sort) to produce water, but currently it stopped (probably power problems?).

How would the failed attempt to dial earth cost them any power? The gate spinning could not do that much, and if it does it cost them significantly more power dialing/incoming the desert planet so many times.
                      I don't think that was ever confirmed - it's quite possible that attempting to dial an 8 cheveron address starts to drain a lot of power before the last cheveron is locked (makes sense, since the gate should 'prepare' for the wormhole creation) - like in Icarus, you could see the 'power lightnings' above the gate before the 8 and 9 cheverons were actually locked.

PG15 is right though - we are messing with nonsense and forgetting the true revelation of the episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

PG15 is right though - we are messing with nonsense and forgetting the true revelation of the episode.
                        That and Vanessa James' 'buxom'-ness.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The Destiny, in the words of Rush (if anyone cares about interpretation instead of taking them to the letter), could be up to 10 million years old. Quit arguing about it.
                          In Darkness it is stated that "Destiny is the better part of a million years old"

Comment

Originally posted by destinies-mistery View Post
                            In Darkness it is stated that "Destiny is the better part of a million years old"
                            Which doesnt at all fit in with what we've been told about it, it's supposed to be older than Atlantis, but Atlantis was launched from Earth to Pegasus 3-10 million years ago.
                            The gate on Destiny is older than the gates in the Milkyway, the oldest gate in Milkyway is 50 million years old.
                            I could go on but it feels pointless
                            Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                            Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                              And the gate didn't even connect, just spinned.
                              That's because the morons tried to dial while in FTL. It should be common knowledge at this point that you can't dial a gate while traveling faster than light. It's been tried before.
                              "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                              - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X