Wouldnt it be funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldnt it be funny

If the crew of the Destiny found away to get to the Ori galaxy and gate home using the super gate.

would that be even possible?

It's definitely possible. We have no idea where the Ori galaxy is, and we know they use black holes to provide near infinite power to their stargates, the Ori galaxy could be anywhere in the universe (Not just close to MW), and could easily be reached by ship.

However, i reckon that we've passed the point of the Ori Galaxy being in range of the Destiny, the Ancients used FTL before Hyperdrive and so we can reasonably assume they used FTL to escape the Ori galaxy. So unless the Alteran ship was a generational one, the Ori galaxy would have to be within a lifetimes FTL trip to MW (Around about 50 years at continous sublight).

Comment

we're halfway the visible universe. seriously, you do not grasp the idea of size. there are millions of galaxies out there, and i doubt the ancients would send an experiment towards their mortal enemies

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
        However, i reckon that we've passed the point of the Ori Galaxy being in range of the Destiny, the Ancients used FTL before Hyperdrive and so we can reasonably assume they used FTL to escape the Ori galaxy. So unless the Alteran ship was a generational one, the Ori galaxy would have to be within a lifetimes FTL trip to MW (Around about 50 years at continous sublight).
        Where did you get 50 years from?
        We know that the Alterans travelled for thousands of years before reaching Avalon (Milkyway)
        Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
        Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

just because humans think in lifetimes does not mean the altera did. besides, the lifetime of an altera might be far beyond anything human.

Comment

We are on like the fourth episode and you guys are talking about going home?

Comment

yup.

and the easiest way is to find an Icarus planet on the Destiny's end

Comment

Originally posted by ocelotproductions View Post
                If the crew of the Destiny found away to get to the Ori galaxy and gate home using the super gate.

would that be even possible?
                it would ruin the series for me. i NEVER want these people to get home.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I want to see anything Ori about as much as I want to see a replicator.

I just through up in the back of my throat.
                  sigpic

Comment

As seen in the pilot, the Destiny is more or less travelling in one straigt direction away from the Milky Way. It departed from our galaxy about a million years ago and is now halfway through the visible universe. That means they are about 6 to 7 billion light years away from home.

So why should they ever stumble upon the Ori galaxy, which must be relatively close to the Milky Way in comparison to these mind-boggling distances? That's never ever going to happen since it is just as likely as them somehow arriving back in the Milky Way on a completely random course.

it would ruin the series for me. i NEVER want these people to get home.
                    Surely the whole point of the series is to eventually get home in the series finale, much like Voyager?
                    I only hope they'll do it much, much, much, much, much , much better than that show. We'll see how long they manage to stick to their plot constraints.

As a comparison:
                    Of its initial complement of 4 shuttles, the Voyager lost 16.
                    With its supply of 40 photon torpedos, Voyager fired 93 shots.
                    Out of 15 oppurtunities to get home early, Voyager failed to take it 14 times.
                    Voyager was temporarily taken over by hostile aliens 11 times.
                    Voyager failed to reach home despite being in possession of a superfast and subsequently forgotten "drive-of-the-week" 11 times.
                    (source)

Comment

They have as much chance of finding the Ori home galaxy as their own galaxy. Infact even less, it's not exactly smart to send a long term science experience back to the people you fled and possibly are hiding from.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

It would be cool to see a SuperGate, just SEE it though, and for a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          They have as much chance of finding the Ori home galaxy as their own galaxy. Infact even less, it's not exactly smart to send a long term science experience back to the people you fled and possibly are hiding from.
                          Exactly. The chances of TPTB bringing back any of the old or existing enemies is very slim in my opinion. They will probably refer to them in passing, but I have a feeling that all the enemies they will encounter will be new ones.
                          sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Working...
                          X