Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leave planet of the apes alone! Leave it alone!!! I'm serious!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave planet of the apes alone! Leave it alone!!! I'm serious!

Again? really? I did it make sense in context at all?

In short:
    Spoiler:
    NO

In long:
    Spoiler:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

You just referenced Darth Vader.

Comment

we'll get right on it, expect no crappy jokes you don't find funny as of next week.
      sigpic
      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
        we'll get right on it, expect no crappy jokes you don't find funny as of next week.
        I'm just saying...the first one was...ok I can expect it but this one?

"Ok lets rehash a a joke we used in the LAST episode AND at the same time reash elements of an of an episode of Atlantis...that'll be great!"
        "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

oh no u did not just rip off Yahtzee...

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
            I'm just saying...the first one was...ok I can expect it but this one?

"Ok lets rehash a a joke we used in the LAST episode AND at the same time reash elements of an of an episode of Atlantis...that'll be great!"
            its not about the joke, its about his character. he makes crappy jokes when he doesn't want to show his fear maybe.
            sigpic
            -Liberty Prime

Comment

Maybe it's a hint for a future episode where they end up on a planet full of apes.

Comment

Not to mention that it is a VERY dated reference - the sweet spot for viewership is 20-30 male... How many people between the ages of 20-30 care about the planet of the apes... Maybe great scifi for its time... but it got a remake and flopped... um move on...

Although i will offer my own bipolar rebutle to myself - they did reference wizard of oz a lot in Sg1. Although I feel that is a "timeless" reference.

Comment

At this point, that particular Planet of the Apes reference is pretty much timeless as well.

Mostly because of that Simpsons episode.

Comment

"LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE, JUST LEAVE HER ALONE" - This is what sprung to my mind when i saw the thread title, lol. I'm only kidding. Anyway, When i first heard the joke in Air part 3, i literally laughed at how silly it was. It was nothing i expected.

But who cares, it's harmless fun for Eli.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zorviny View Post
                      Not to mention that it is a VERY dated reference - the sweet spot for viewership is 20-30 male... How many people between the ages of 20-30 care about the planet of the apes... Maybe great scifi for its time... but it got a remake and flopped... um move on...
                      a bad remake doesn't make the original less of a classic.

the day the earth stood still is another, though i doubt a black and white film even registers with you if anything over 30 is out.
                      sigpic
                      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by zorviny View Post

Although i will offer my own bipolar rebutle to myself - they did reference wizard of oz a lot in Sg1. Although I feel that is a "timeless" reference.
                        *raises hand* I own the entire original movie series of Planet of the Apes, plus the Mark Waleburg remake (I am a self-confessed sci-fi nerd).

STARGATE has always referenced other sci-fi/fantasy shows/movies & sports; look @ the references to the Wizard of Oz, football, golf, fishing, STAR TREK, STARWARS, Farscape, SGA & SGU's referencing/touching on the old series of SG-1; etc.

Comment

Yeah, Eli is really forced. I liked him at first, but I think the other characters are much more advanced, especially Rush, Chloe, Young, etc.
                          My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Again? really? I did it make sense in context at all?
                            It wasn't exactly first-class humor, but being an aspiring uber-geek like Eli, I really don't see what's so confusing about it - people use forced/beaten-to-death jokes as a coping mechanism in the real world all the time.

Comment

look, this isnt SGA were everyone has an degree in school of jokes

Comment

Working...
                              X