The survivial thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The survivial thing

Is it me or is the "survival thing" going to get old real quick?

How do they not
    Spoiler:
    open the "Ancient crates/boxes" right after they discover the air issue?

I hope they do a few episodes on exploring the ship but I'm thinking they won't financial reasons.

oh yes, lets open up every box there is. that's just as smart as pressing every button to see what it does.

Comment

The crates contain those pop-up snakes. The Ancients enjoyed their practical jokes.

Comment

really? 3 episodes in? you must get bored of stuff real quick. sure, if it were maybe half way through the second season i'd maybe agree.
        And i don't think SGU has financial problems, don't they get a million dollars or so per episode?

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrogue View Post
          really? 3 episodes in? you must get bored of stuff real quick. sure, if it were maybe half way through the second season i'd maybe agree.
          And i don't think SGU has financial problems, don't they get a million dollars or so per episode?
          Yeah, £3million. And writers love to write characters exploring dark, mysterious, damaged ships. Especially in space. Especially when there may be man-eating aliens on-board. Who lay eggs in your chest.

I hope they have an episode like that, would be something.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            oh yes, lets open up every box there is. that's just as smart as pressing every button to see what it does.
            We all know how that always turns out.
            Spoiler:
            In SG1 Mitchell pressed the button on the Ancient stasis unit and released Khalek. In SGA Jinto pressed the button on the Ancient containment device and released a shadow energy draining entity into the city. In SGU Eli opened a door that nearly vented the atmosphere off the ship. Anyone feel free to add to this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
              The crates contain those pop-up snakes. The Ancients enjoyed their practical jokes.
              You've been reading the wrong spoilers.... Theyr'e jack-in-the-box clowns, who will pop up, then beat the unsuspecting person silly (or kill them) as they're actually possessed by evil aliens). or worse, killer klowns from outer space, and then they can tie into the movie of the same name (I kid you not, that film does exist, I've seen it).

But, no, every week cannot be "ohmy god, we have run out of air..water..food... toilet paper... laundry detergent". They will be exploring a planet somewhere along the way, judging from the ad of Chloe dipping in the water (I suspect she's skinny-dipping).

Comment

Okay, so I didn't actually say I was bored already just that I thought it would get old quick.
                "Killman", I can honestly say I didn't expect the sarcasm for that post.

I mean do you think it's crazy to look for a replacement to the Ancients "CO2" scrubbing compound within the ancient containers?

So your thinking that the crates are booby (heh heh heh) trapped? I would doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by ipfnd View Post
                  So your thinking that the crates are booby (heh heh heh) trapped? I would doubt it.
                  Not booby (xD) trapped per se, but possibly containing something that we couldn't control.

Something akin to (god-forbid) nanites, that are programmed to clean the ship, but haven't been program to recognise humans as lifeforms. So, essentially purging the ship of what it perceives as shouldn't be there.

Or, some broken storage devices of nerve gas, or something. I doubt all the crew can understand Ancient, so any warning labels would be unheeded. Rush'll probably want/need to inspect every crate before openning them. And atm, he probably has more important things to do.

Comment

Well...the CO2 problem shouldn't necessarily be a problem as long as they have power. From what I've read, they would have needed to process the calcite they picked up from the planet anyway before it would be usable. Unless the ancient scrubber unit did the processing automatically anyway. But anyway, just have to heat the stuff to release the CO2 from it and turn it back into Calcium Oxide, which will absorb the CO2. Dump the CO2 into space or store it somewhere and no more worries on that account. That just leaves the problem of needing an oxygen supply, but for all we know maybe the ancients can reprocess the CO2 into Carbon and O2 like plants do and then there's no problem there either. Then we just loop back to the problem of needing power.

Comment

I think season 2 will actually be less about survival as they balance their supplies. We will have survival for a while though...

Comment

what crates? did i miss something? they have not even explored half the ship yet i'm still shocked they found a few rooms before they found out they had limited air. im shere episode 4-6 they will find the cargo hold but they have not yet

Comment

Originally posted by randomking View Post
                          what crates? did i miss something? they have not even explored half the ship yet i'm still shocked they found a few rooms before they found out they had limited air. im shere episode 4-6 they will find the cargo hold but they have not yet
                          In Air Part 2, Riley, Volker, and a large group of people were inventorying the equipment they brought with them from the Icarus base. Palmer asked about the Ancient crates. Greer told her that, "If it's not ours, don't touch it."
                          sigpic

Comment

Showing the crates before the life support problem was a mistake. Everyone was gasping for air with these unopened crates that may have the magic ingredient to fix the life support.

Even with the power failure issue, those crates may have ZPM's or something in them.

Comment

Originally posted by ipfnd View Post
                              Is it me or is the "survival thing" going to get old real quick?

How do they not
                              Spoiler:
                              open the "Ancient crates/boxes" right after they discover the air issue?

I hope they do a few episodes on exploring the ship but I'm thinking they won't financial reasons.
                              any crate could have something dangerous inside it and made things worse. the ancients have been know to do experiments
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X