PDA

View Full Version : Colonel Everett Young/Tamara Johansen Friendship Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Linda06
October 15th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I tried searching but couldn't find a thread like this so..... ;)

I've liked what I've seen so far so decided to make a friendship thread for these two. This is a Friendship thread, not a romantic relationship thread :)

As I said I think these two have a good dynamic and they could become really good friends over time. From what I've seen so far they seemed to have developed a bond :D

Cold Fuzz
October 16th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I tried searching but couldn't find a thread like this so..... ;)

I've liked what I've seen so far so decided to make a friendship thread for these two. This is a Friendship thread, not a romantic relationship thread :)

As I said I think these two have a good dynamic and they could become really good friends over time. From what I've seen so far they seemed to have developed a bond :D

I think you bring up an interesting point with the thread. It's often assumed that if a man and woman become close, that it's automatically assumed that there's romance in the works. That's not necessarily the case. One of the most successful platonic relationships I've seen in science fiction is between Sheridan & Ivanova in Babylon 5.

Now what we've seen with TJ and Young admittedly hasn't been developed very much but a similar friendship is quite possible with the two of them. They trust each other greatly on a professional level. This comes, I think, from them knowing where the other stands and being solid on that, with no ambiguity. Ambiguity--not knowing where the other party stands on any issue--is what creates relationship misunderstandings in the first place. I think this is the basis for the TJ/Young dynamic they have right now. I personally like this dynamic and hope TPTB don't try to make it something more.

Good, solid, platonic relationships do occur in real life and fiction. I can cite a real-life personal example in my personal life. Without going into incredible detail, my current closest friend is a woman who is not even remotely interested in me in a romantic sense. Conversely, I'm not interested in her romantically either and it's been like this for as long as we've known each other. That's not going to change.

I hope SGU explores the platonic relationship dynamic because I personally think it will result in more mature, thoughtful, and interesting drama.

Linda06
October 16th, 2009, 04:50 AM
I think you bring up an interesting point with the thread. It's often assumed that if a man and woman become close, that it's automatically assumed that there's romance in the works. That's not necessarily the case. One of the most successful platonic relationships I've seen in science fiction is between Sheridan & Ivanova in Babylon 5.

Now what we've seen with TJ and Young admittedly hasn't been developed very much but a similar friendship is quite possible with the two of them. They trust each other greatly on a professional level. This comes, I think, from them knowing where the other stands and being solid on that, with no ambiguity. Ambiguity--not knowing where the other party stands on any issue--is what creates relationship misunderstandings in the first place. I think this is the basis for the TJ/Young dynamic they have right now. I personally like this dynamic and hope TPTB don't try to make it something more.

Good, solid, platonic relationships do occur in real life and fiction. I can cite a real-life personal example in my personal life. Without going into incredible detail, my current closest friend is a woman who is not even remotely interested in me in a romantic sense. Conversely, I'm not interested in her romantically either and it's been like this for as long as we've known each other. That's not going to change.

I hope SGU explores the platonic relationship dynamic because I personally think it will result in more mature, thoughtful, and interesting drama.

Yes exactly, two members of the opposite sex can be good friends without it having to turn romantic. My best friend is male and we've never thought of each other in a romantic sense. Male and females can be the best of frineds without it having to turn to romance all the time.

The Sheridan/Ivanova example you brought up is a prime example of this. They had great chemisrtry and good dynamic.

It's still early days yet for Young/TJ but from what I've seen so far I think this could develop into a really interesting friendship as long as the writers keep the romance out. They don't have to ship everybody they come across ;) They seen to have a trust of one another, I'd like the writers to explore this relationship more in the coming months :) And don't turn it into UST or romance :mckay: ;)

Wolf O'Donnell
October 18th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Possible spoilers...for SGU.

That Col. Young and Tamara Johansen had some kind of relationship pre Destiny and that is at ;east part of why she was leaving the Icarus base? They seem to know each other pretty well and have some kind of history (when she said "that part isnt you fault"). The scene that has really made me start to think about this was when in episode 4 she knew almost right away that it was Telford in Young s body.

Jason_Clement
October 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I would tend to agree :P

Also I think that if he hadn't cheated on his wife with Johansen (which is my theory), that he would be a lot more pissy at Rush for the situation...'cause he'd want to go home and see his wife...

"Consider her reassigned"
"But sir, we don't know why she was unassigned in the first place"
"That's not my business..." I think it went something like that...

Linda06
October 18th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Nope I didn't think that. They seem more like friends than lovers to me. I didn't get that we're having an affair vibe from them. And I hope the writers don't write it in as that :mckay:

Indoctrinated
October 18th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Putting this in spoilers even though this thread is already technically warned for spoilers:
There has been several confirmations by actors/writers that Young and Johansen did have an affair together. And by confirmations I don't mean it's been hinted at. It's been explicitly stated many times.

It seems now that they've moved beyond that and are stuck somewhere between that awkwardness and a professional military relationship between an officer and a C.O., but what happened between them will always be there.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
October 18th, 2009, 11:40 PM
I would tend to agree :P

Also I think that if he hadn't cheated on his wife with Johansen (which is my theory), that he would be a lot more pissy at Rush for the situation...'cause he'd want to go home and see his wife...

"Consider her reassigned"
"But sir, we don't know why she was unassigned in the first place"
"That's not my business..." I think it went something like that...

it was like this

WRAY: There's still dozens of human resources issues we need to talk about.
YOUNG: Pick one.
WRAY: The matter of Lieutenant Johansen resigning her commission.
YOUNG: Consider her reactivated.
WRAY: Well, I don't know if that's up to ...
YOUNG (interrupting): Up to me? Yeah, it is. We need a medic.
WRAY: I don't even know why she resigned in the first place.
YOUNG: Well, it's none of my business.

RowenaR
October 20th, 2009, 04:09 AM
That scene between Wray and Young was what got me somehow. Until now we only saw a bit from her perspective (the scene between TJ and Wray in "Air1/2" and the little scene where Young says that she should have been shipped back two weeks ago), in "Darkness" we got a few glimpses from his perspective (the scene with Wray and the scene with his wife when she told him it wasn't only about the job - that made it pretty obvious to me that his wife knew about the affair). I'm curious to see how they develop this whole thing.

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5AOJatwYg). 2:10 SPOILERS!

There you see Young and TJ kissing.

And have a look at this:
http://sky1.sky.com/stargate-universe-louis-ferreira-interview SPOILERS

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Well you do know about this?

And have a look at this:

So there will be/was more than friendship... However I think it might become a good friendship over the run of the series, but there will be more "romantic" stuff first probably.

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
*covers eyes* NOt looking not looking :p

Well I don't mind if they did have a romance in the past, I would want them to move past this and not dwell, I would hope they were mature enough to move past in and they could perhaps form a good friendship because presonally I think they could become good friends given the right development from the writers.

The thing I have a problem with is the current PTB to write this out maturely and properly. I don't have faith that they can do this. They have proven time and again in the past they are not capable of this so my faith in them is a little low ;)

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
I agree they could "become good friends given the right development from the writers."

The thing I have a problem with is the current PTB to write this out maturely and properly. I don't have faith that they can do this. They have proven time and again in the past they are not capable of this so my faith in them is a little low.

I understand. :)

I also came in to promote my new thread:
TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion *Spoilers!* (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70459)

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
I agree they could "become good friends given the right development from the writers."

The thing I have a problem with is the current PTB to write this out maturely and properly. I don't have faith that they can do this. They have proven time and again in the past they are not capable of this so my faith in them is a little low.

TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion *Spoilers!* (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70459)

Linda06
October 22nd, 2009, 03:29 PM

Man GW is going nuts tonight. There's a lot of double posts going on, I thought I was seeing double in the Sam/Jack thread :S :p

I saw your new thread, I'll post tomorrow when my brain starts working properly again. It's way too late for meaningful thoughts :eek: :p

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah sorry, nothing I can do about those double/duplicate posts, as you said, GW is glitchy (is that a word?).

tar21
October 25th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Well you do know about this?

And have a look at this:

So there will be/was more than friendship... However I think it might become a good friendship over the run of the series, but there will be more "romantic" stuff first probably.

Come on, Young! Get back home like Odysseus!

Let's hope that's Tamara body swapped with Young's wife. Would be cool if the Colonel had that reason to get home. "I'll wait for you, until I die."

Aw! Colonel gets focused.

VSS
October 25th, 2009, 05:53 AM

Let's hope that's Tamara body swapped with Young's wife. Would be cool if the Colonel had that reason to get home. "I'll wait for you, until I die."

I think that's what this is, actually. Skiffy has a long history of showing clips of smooches that are not what they appear to be. ;)

I just really want Young to have some class and not sleep around on his wife, however nasty she may be. TJ and Young might share some kind of a secret, though. Since she's a medic, maybe she's help cover up whatever is wrong with him.

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I think that's what this is, actually. Skiffy has a long history of showing clips of smooches that are not what they appear to be. ;)

I just really want Young to have some class and not sleep around on his wife, however nasty she may be. TJ and Young might share some kind of a secret, though. Since she's a medic, maybe she's help cover up whatever is wrong with him.

That is what I am hoping for too.

Want want them to develop this relationship, but as a friendship. I think it could be good as long as they leave the UST out of it. From what I've seen from the eps so far, I haven't seen any UST from they. I have seen a respect and maybe a forming friendship developing between them and I'd like to see this get developed some more :)

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 01:53 PM

It would be kind of a big coincidence, don't you think. And not to mention weird. Having his wife switch with the woman he was having an affair with.
I'll put this in spoiler tags, so if you don't want to read it, skip it, okay... Don't say I haven't warned you.

This contains spoilers for episode 15, and season 1 of SGU.
Also it's not really a "friendship" thing.
You have been warned!

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...amara_Johansen
"TJ had an affair with her colonel so that's kind of a very icky subject because he's her senior and that relationship is sort of dealt with and it's a little bit of an elephant in the room. You're military and then you're stuck on a ship in the middle of space with a guy you had an affair with, that's weird." -Alaina Huffman

This is from http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co..._Episode_Guide
In ep 1.15 'Lost'
"Tamara and Young must face some very troubling and personal news."

(So I'm thinking pregnancy? That's what I thought when I first read this spoiler, then a few days later I saw the news that Alaina's pregnant...)

So I think that would definitely be weird and a big coincidence. However, after last episode "Light" and the you-know-who-with-you-know-who debacle, we/you better cross our fingers for friendship.

Really? Well the pictures we got to see from the last episode "Light" where pretty self-explanatory. IT just exactly happened like it was in the spoilers and on the pictures, despite all my hopes and theories. So it may acatually :eek: be just what it looks like. :eek:

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM
We don't know If he had an affair with TJ. It's never been said either way and there's not been any indication in any of the eps that's aired so far that there is anything other than friendship there.

I think this relationship would be better developing it as just friendship and leave the UST out of it. Looks like we'll get enough of that with Scott with the way he's going :p

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM
UST? What does that mean?

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM
UST? What does that mean?

Unresolved sexual tension....But if and I stress the word IF TJ/Young had an affair then I don't think UST will quite cut it with them :p

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Well if they did, then well I would agree with you on that. UST would not quite cut it. :D :lol:

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Well if they did, then well I would agree with you on that. UST would not quite cut it. :D :lol:

Nope it wouldn't....But i'm being stubborn and only seeing what I want to see so far so until we get it practically written in big bold letters that they had an affair I'm going with they are only friends :D Like Rowena said, It makes it easier for this shipper to turn into a non shipper :D

As they say, I will cross that bridge when I come to it ;)

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 04:56 PM
As sad as it is, I can more and more understand that these days.

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 04:59 PM
As sad as it is, I can more and more understand that these days.

Yep, I've been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.......And ain't getting sucked in again :S ;)

So I am gonna try and take it in my stride :)

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Well I really think it is really sad... There is/was so much potential... Where did that go? Nowhere. It is almost unbelievable. First they create it all. They have it all. And then still it gets screwed. I must wonder how they manage to do that, time after time.

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Well I really think it is really sad... There is/was so much potential... Where did that go? Nowhere. It is almost unbelievable. First they create it all. They have it all. And then still it gets screwed. I must wonder how they manage to do that, time after time.

I know. I liked shipping. But the debacle that was SGA sucked the fun right out of it :S

Oh it takes a lot of practice to screw it up time after time :eek: ;)

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Not only the SGA debacle. The SG1 Sam/Jack debacle as well. It was believable for five-six-seven seasons, but then it kept going on and on and nothing never happened. It totally ruined Sam/Jack for me. Not to mention how in Trio they cut out the confirmation for them. They deleted the scene. Idiots.

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Not only the SGA debacle. The SG1 Sam/Jack debacle as well. It was believable for five-six-seven seasons, but then it kept going on and on and nothing never happened. It totally ruined Sam/Jack for me. Not to mention how in Trio they cut out the confirmation for them. They deleted the scene. Idiots.

Like I said, It takes a lot of practice ;)

They either drag in on for like, ever( Jack/Sam) or they stick two people together outta no where with no kind of development (McKay/Keller) or they just outright destroy any kind of ship that they started hinting at to pull us in before ripping out our hearts (John/Teyla and it could maybe apply to John/Weir too if you look close enough)

This is why I pray they don't put TJ/Young together, cause I like both characters and I don't want TPTB to destroy their characters :S

The thing that saved Sam/Jack for me is AT and RDA's on screen chemistry and their individual characters, they never destroyed that...Not like they destroyed the Teyla character :(

RowenaR
October 25th, 2009, 05:21 PM

Actually, after the way she treated him... I found myself to be very much on his side, no matter if he cheated on her or not :S

In this case, it would be either a scene seen through the eyes of someone else or a production shot since they have made it very clear that whenever a body swap happens, the audience sees the one occupying the body not the one owning it and the only time the audience sees the image of the one actually owning the body is when that person looks into a mirror. Eh... was that understandable? :S

I know. I liked shipping. But the debacle that was SGA sucked the fun right out of it :S

So the Ronon/McKay/Keller fiasco was as traumatic for you as it was for me?

Cory Holmes
October 25th, 2009, 05:27 PM
First off, if TJ and Young had an affair before the start of the show, wouldn't they be having resolved sexal tension instead of unresolved sexual tension?

About Jack/Sam... no, it was never belivable. I hated it from Day 1, mainly because it was pathetically predictable and ever-so-unoriginal to have the Leading Lady fall in love with the Leading Man. For that same reason I loathe Shep/Weir in Atlantis, and all the romances in BSG, the ones in B5, most of the Firefly ones...

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:27 PM

Yep x100 :eek: And the way they destroyed any possibility I might have of John/Teyla. They even destroyed their friendship :( Writing the pregnancy into the show did Teyla no favours at all, just gave them a reason to sideline her more than normal :( Which is the main reason I don't want the pregnancy written into TJ's story :S I;d rather see her hide behind consoles and bulkheads and anything else she can find to hide behind ;)

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Actually, after the way she treated him... I found myself to be very much on his side, no matter if he cheated on her or not :S

I must agree with you on this point. I don't like it, but I must.

I actually like McKay/Keller and I'm still supporting that ship, but for crying out loud the triangle and the inconsistencies in season five. Jikes. It just destroyed not only McKeller, but IMHO also Keller/Ronon and Ronon/Rodney. Not to mention that character development for any of them, or ship was absent or totally inconsistent. I liked the Shrine, as it really stood out between the other eps of season five, but it was just the loss of overall season, arc-story, story-line and a certain vision as where to go, that caused it all to go from unbelievable, to unrealistic, to bad, to worse. *sighs*

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:32 PM
First off, if TJ and Young had an affair before the start of the show, wouldn't they be having resolved sexal tension instead of unresolved sexual tension?

About Jack/Sam... no, it was never belivable. I hated it from Day 1, mainly because it was pathetically predictable and ever-so-unoriginal to have the Leading Lady fall in love with the Leading Man. For that same reason I loathe Shep/Weir in Atlantis, and all the romances in BSG, the ones in B5, most of the Firefly ones...

But in my little world they don't have RST or UST....I like my denial bubble *huggles bubble of denial* :D

But it's Jack. I mean he's just dreamy. How can any female say no :D Especially with that silver hair of his *drools*

I stopped watching orgy in space otherwise known as BSG :p Wasn't a fan of Sheridan/Delenn but it didn't bother me. I wanted Mal/Inara to get together :p Love John/Areyn in Farscape :D And Kira/Odo in DS9. Used to love Mulder/Scully in X-Files till they destroyed it :(

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 05:34 PM

It all depends on how things ended. And I believe things ended with a whole lot of unresolved things/matters, not only the sexual tension.

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I wanted Mal/Inara to get together.

So did I. I really was/am rooting for them. And then there was "Heart of Gold." :) :) *looks dreamily* If TPTB of SG could only take that (Firefly) as an example of how it should be done. If only. However, sadly, unfairly, they canceled firefly. Way too soon.

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:41 PM
So did I. I really was/am rooting for them. And then there was "Heart of Gold." :) :) *looks dreamily* If TPTB of SG could only take that (Firefly) as an example of how it should be done. If only. However, sadly, unfairly, they canceled firefly. Way too soon.

Cancelled after one bloody season....What was that about :mckay: It was awesome :(

Yeah the PTB of SG could learn a thing or two from shows like Firefly and Farscape about developing a relationship, and can'r forget the best show ever at writing relationships in their show, DS9......But not developing it to death before they get together :mckay: Or not developing it at all and sticking two people together outta thin air :rolleyes:

How not to write ship SG 101 :p

RowenaR
October 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I;d rather see her hide behind consoles and bulkheads and anything else she can find to hide behind ;)

Well, with your reasoning... I absolutely agree. There is potential that a pregnancy could make for interesting character dynamics and development (even if there's only friendship between TJ and Young) and I actually start to drool a little at the thought of how wonderfully complicated this could become... but then I remember what they did to Teyla in the pregnancy arc and the drooling gets replaced by shudders...

I must agree with you on this point. I don't like it, but I must.

She was really only thinking of herself, wasn't she? And it was only about herherher. I mean, okay, it's understandable because I guess they have a pretty torrential history what with him never resigning even though he promised (and since when did it become quasi canon that he has a medical condition? Or did I miss something stating that the dream sequence in 'Air' definitely meant that he had one?) and all that but... I don't know... if she really loved him and still cared about him wouldn't that all become kinda inconsequential the moment he told her they might never see each other again but that he was still trying everything he could not to let that happen? It felt like she was long over him and he was the one suffering, not her.

I actually like McKay/Keller and I'm still supporting that ship, but for crying out loud the triangle and the inconsistencies in season five. Jikes. It just destroyed not only McKeller, but IMHO also Keller/Ronon and Ronon/Rodney. Not to mention that character development for any of them, or ship was absent or totally inconsistent.

ITA!

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Well, with your reasoning... I absolutely agree. There is potential that a pregnancy could make for interesting character dynamics and development (even if there's only friendship between TJ and Young) and I actually start to drool a little at the thought of how wonderfully complicated this could become... but then I remember what they did to Teyla in the pregnancy arc and the drooling gets replaced by shudders...

That's the main reason I am dead set against it. TPTB ripped hope right outta there with Teyla :S I still get shivers and not the good kind every time I think of it, and it still makes me so angry at what they done to the character :mckay: For this I will never forgive them.

RowenaR
October 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM
That's the main reason I am dead set against it. TPTB ripped hope right outta there with Teyla :S I still get shivers and not the good kind every time I think of it, and it still makes me so angry at what they done to the character :mckay: For this I will never forgive them.

And I just hope they won't do this EVER again to a female character in the SG franchise... but for some reason TJ seems like a very likely character to be a target :S TJ and James... huh. Do TPTB have a problem with strong, sexy, independent female characters?

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 05:59 PM
She was really only thinking of herself, wasn't she? And it was only about herherher. I mean, okay, it's understandable because I guess they have a pretty torrential history what with him never resigning even though he promised (and since when did it become quasi canon that he has a medical condition? Or did I miss something stating that the dream sequence in 'Air' definitely meant that he had one?) and all that but... I don't know... if she really loved him and still cared about him wouldn't that all become kinda inconsequential the moment he told her they might never see each other again but that he was still trying everything he could not to let that happen? It felt like she was long over him and he was the one suffering, not her.

Well, you might be asking the wrong person, because I hate those damn stones with a infuriating passion, and still think the stones are the worst thing about SGU, but indeed, Young's wife, not a first stime guest star on SG I might add, was not at all what I would called interesting. It was a boring, unnecessary, as a flashback could have had a better effect, scene and she wasn't really his wife. No I agree. If properly developed I would much rather see TJ/Young than the whole wife story.

I must however say that it was pretty interesting to see how it was portrayed that while there is something going on between Young and TJ, Young still loves his wife. That was very human and realistic imo.

And yes there's still the question of Young's medical condition.

And yes I found Young's wife to be "her her her her..."

Linda06
October 25th, 2009, 06:03 PM
And I just hope they won't do this EVER again to a female character in the SG franchise... but for some reason TJ seems like a very likely character to be a target :S TJ and James... huh. Do TPTB have a problem with strong, sexy, independent female characters?

Well maybe it'll be different now that BW and RCC are in charge of SGU, they may not make the same mistakes as a certain couple made on SGA....But I ain't getting my hopes up just to be dashed again :S

They seemed to get it right for the most part in SG-1 with Sam and Janet, both strong and independent woman and they didn't put them in skimpy outfits (for the most part) to show of their "assets" but in SGA they had strong women in Teyla and Weir and ended up using their assets more than anything. Weir's T-shirts got tighter and tighter and Teyla's outfit while she was pregnant showed off her assets so much I forgot what her face looked like :eek: I'd like to know why we didn't see the guys in figure hugging outfits in SGA (with the exception of Ronon ;)), why not give them extremely tight fitting trousers. They didn't seem to have a problem shoving Weir in a T-shirt two sizes too wee :p Why didn't we see a shirtless Lorne :( I would have been so for this :D

Jper
October 25th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Well maybe it'll be different now that BW and RCC are in charge of SGU, they may not make the same mistakes as a certain couple made on SGA....But I ain't getting my hopes up just to be dashed again :S

Well I thought so too, but my hopes got dashed anyway. Hopefully they'll restore my hope, me believing in them next week when "Water" airs. BW and RCC should really know what they are doing, I thought. Maybe they do, and are just trying to confuses us, have us talking and discussing.

RowenaR
October 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM
If properly developed I would much rather see TJ/Young than the whole wife story.

Me too. After seeing this scene I really got the feeling that this marriage was dead long before Young decided to stay at Icarus a little while longer...

I must however say that it was pretty interesting to see how it was portrayed that while there is something going on between Young and TJ, Young still loves his wife. That was very human and realistic imo.

I thought so, too which made me sympathetic of him, not of her :S

Me neither. Five years of SGA made that impossible :S

Why didn't we see a shirtless Lorne :( I would have been so for this :D

*iz half-dead from the thought alone

:D

Well I thought so too, but my hopes got dashed anyway. Hopefully they'll restore my hope, me believing in them next week when "Water" airs. BW and RCC should really know what they are doing, I thought. Maybe they do, and are just trying to confuses us, have us talking and discussing.

Ah, hope... such a beautiful thing ;)

Linda06
October 26th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Me neither. Five years of SGA made that impossible :S

I know I was a pessimist before but 5 years of SGA turned me into a devout pessimist :eek: :p

*iz half-dead from the thought alone

:D

:D I would have got behind this ;)

Ah, hope... such a beautiful thing ;)

Hope? What's that then? :p

Cold Fuzz
October 27th, 2009, 01:54 AM
The Sheridan/Ivanova example you brought up is a prime example of this. They had great chemisrtry and good dynamic.

I was hoping for something like this between Young and TJ but after little glimpses of what I've seen (and I've tried to avoid spoilers for SGU like the plague) it's too bad they're not going to do this. :S

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Better TJ/Young than Scott/TJ. That's too pathetically predictable to be of any enjoyment.

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, but I don't think there was ever any talk about TJ/Scott, so that's not very likely.

Cory Holmes
October 27th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Yeah, but I don't think there was ever any talk about TJ/Scott, so that's not very likely.
I suppose that's the advantage of a larger cast: there is no definitive "leading man" or "leading lady".

Linda06
October 27th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I was hoping for something like this between Young and TJ but after little glimpses of what I've seen (and I've tried to avoid spoilers for SGU like the plague) it's too bad they're not going to do this. :S

This would have been very good for the show IMO. Pity the guys on stargate don't seem to realise that men and women can be good friends, best of friends even without having sexual tension between them :rolleyes: Maybe if they grow up they'd realise this ;)

Better TJ/Young than Scott/TJ. That's too pathetically predictable to be of any enjoyment.

This is true actually. That would be the worse kind of ship :S From what I've seen they look like they could be good friends but nothing more than that. I don't think she's that much older than him is she? But she does seem to be a lot more mature than he is.

I suppose that's the advantage of a larger cast: there is no definitive "leading man" or "leading lady".

There was no leading lady in SGA and look how well that turned out :eek: :p

curiositykitty
November 5th, 2009, 01:39 AM
howdy all! first off im new to the forum so pardon me for any mistakes i may unwittingly make here. but yeah, i would say that that video clip of the interview with louis pretty much closes the door on this particular question. and i have to say im so excited to see where this all goes. i had a sneaking hunch from air I and II that something was up there with young and tj and im glad to see i was right. theres just an intimacy two people share when theyve "gone there" be it either physically or emotionally that overflows into all of their interactions and i have to say that both actors did a fabulous job of showing that in all of its subtlety.

an interesting question id love to ask louis as an actor is whether young, during the scene in light when hes playing with his wedding ring, was thinking of his wife or thinking of losing tj who was presumably on her way to relative safety. or perhaps just thinking of the general muddle presumably made of both situations.

also another question i thought id float here that i got from reading another thread elsewhere is in the upcoming episode where we have seen pics and video of tj and young kissing, whether or not that is actually young or telford or someone else in young's body? id like it to actually be young, but im way too paranoid of sneaky writers to believe it until i see it. any thoughts on this one guys??

i hope the show keeps up the great writing and acting and storytelling. this is my new favorite show and im obsessed. friday cant get here fast enough!

senatorincitatus
November 5th, 2009, 07:42 AM
howdy all! first off im new to the forum so pardon me for any mistakes i may unwittingly make here. but yeah, i would say that that video clip of the interview with louis pretty much closes the door on this particular question. and i have to say im so excited to see where this all goes. i had a sneaking hunch from air I and II that something was up there with young and tj and im glad to see i was right. theres just an intimacy two people share when theyve "gone there" be it either physically or emotionally that overflows into all of their interactions and i have to say that both actors did a fabulous job of showing that in all of its subtlety.

Welcome!

I completely agree with you about the actors. I think they did and continue to do a beautiful job.

Incidentally, did you notice this thread?
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70459
There's some more speculation wandering around there, as well as, in Linda's case, a ton of denial. ;)

also another question i thought id float here that i got from reading another thread elsewhere is in the upcoming episode where we have seen pics and video of tj and young kissing, whether or not that is actually young or telford or someone else in young's body? id like it to actually be young, but im way too paranoid of sneaky writers to believe it until i see it. any thoughts on this one guys??

Given the way they film the stone-swapping scenes, I think it's either really Young or someone pretending to be him (or TJ; could go either way). They've always filmed the stone scenes with the actors portraying their own characters. Lou Diamond Phillips is still seen even when Telford's in Young's body, and the same with Louis Ferreira as Young in Telford's body. The only exception that we've seen so far is in reflections and brief other-peoples'-point-of-view shots, which are probably there to reinforce the fact that the other characters aren't seeing what we are. It's possible that the kiss is from somebody else's point of view, but I'm inclined to think not because that person would be about six inches away from the back of Young's head at the time. Which would be weird.

Linda06
November 5th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Incidentally, did you notice this thread?
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70459
There's some more speculation wandering around there, as well as, in Linda's case, a ton of denial. ;)

Denial is my friend :D *huggles denial*

Linda06
November 5th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Watched Water last nightI am growing to appreciate TJ very much after this ep. I think she'd make a better Second to Young than Scott. She's no nonsense, won't take no crap from anybody :D

Didn't see much TJ/Young scenes but I liked that small part when he told her she'll do fine, in case he didn't make it back.

I hope they start to develop this possible friendship more over the coming weeks :D

Cory Holmes
November 5th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I especially enjoyed the little pause/hitch she gave when Young to her that.

Linda06
November 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I especially enjoyed the little pause/hitch she gave when Young to her that.

hmmmm *rubs chin* I think I understand what you just said :p Yeah that was nice.

This could become a positive friendship on the show :D

Jper
November 6th, 2009, 07:03 AM
i would say that that video clip of the interview with louis pretty much closes the door on this particular question.

Unless LF was just messing with us. Wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to go all in denial as Linda, but there's still always the other possibility. And even if it is all true, it is uncertain that it will be really confirmed on screen. Linda may be wearing very thick glasses, this is still speculation and future spoilers, which may or may not be proven partly/completely correct/incorrect.

an interesting question id love to ask louis as an actor is whether young, during the scene in light when hes playing with his wedding ring, was thinking of his wife or thinking of losing tj who was presumably on her way to relative safety. or perhaps just thinking of the general muddle presumably made of both situations.

You've just gotta love the duality of all these moments. :) There's always that other possibility. Or other meaning. :)

Linda06
November 6th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Unless LF was just messing with us. Wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to go all in denial as Linda, but there's still always the other possibility. And even if it is all true, it is uncertain that it will be really confirmed on screen. Linda may be wearing very thick glasses, this is still speculation and future spoilers, which may or may not be proven partly/completely correct/incorrect.

You've just gotta love the duality of all these moments. :) There's always that other possibility. Or other meaning. :)

*takes off very thick glasses and cleans them* :D