This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air pt3 Desert... where the hell did they film that

I'm canadian, and I live back and forth between british columbia and ontario, and i've seen our desert. It looks nothing like that.

They filmed it in White Sands, New Mexico.
    sigpic

Comment

Woah they actually traveled there?

Thank the gods for double the budget of SG1 and Atlantis.

thanks for that info

Comment

It was filmed on Vulcan.

Comment

Originally posted by HarSins View Post
          Woah they actually traveled there?

Thank the gods for double the budget of SG1 and Atlantis.

thanks for that info
          It doesn't have double the budget. The first season of SGA was given 2 million per episode while SGU was given 3 million per episode. And that is without comparing the value of the dollar between 2004 and 2009.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            It doesn't have double the budget. The first season of SGA was given 2 million per episode while SGU was given 3 million per episode. And that is without comparing the value of the dollar between 2004 and 2009.
            Universe has about 127% to 134% of the budget of Atlantis, considering the changing value of the Dollar, if this site is correct, and my calculations are right

I don't know why I worked it out, I guess I'm bored, and hate my logarithms homework.

Comment

It looks like it has 300% the budget of atlantis to be honest. I thought Atlantis looked good (other than their painfully bad greenscreen scenes while looking outside of atlantis) but this looks amazing.

Comment

I only live about 2 hours from there. There were some breathtaking shots they had out there.

Comment

Well, let's just say they spent a helluva lot of money bringing production down to White Sands for one episode. but then on the other hands, the show is basically a 'bottle' show, stuck on sets, so they can economize by not visiting the local B.C. forests

Comment

White sands huh? So they were like a mile away from the Subterranean 303/304 hangar huh? lol

Comment

Working...
                    X