Mathew Scott/Vanessa James Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathew Scott/Vanessa James Ship Discussion/Appreciation

so, scott/james was introduced by having at each other right from the get-go. can this make a relationship? my answer: heck yes!

i think they could work.

what do others think/feel?
    sally

sigpic

Come on sally. You should know this is the wrong folder for this kind of folder

I need to see more before I consider it a relationship.

Sex=/=relationship.

And that is all we have so far seen
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

I need to see more before I consider it a relationship.

Sex=/=relationship.

And that is all we have so far seen
      Actually it isn't we have seen her
      Spoiler:
      Goin through the gate on the Destiny and onto the desert planet and then wait for him as he came back...it was more of a body language thing.

Comment

I'd like a Scott/James relationship much more than with Chloe. His scenes with Chloe are very much unsettling.

And if you fancy the lovely Julia Benson, you're in for a treat this Friday.

Comment

Is Vanessa James the brunette with the big hoo haas?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            i know, i realized afterwards.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
              I'd like a Scott/James relationship much more than with Chloe. His scenes with Chloe are very much unsettling.

And if you fancy the lovely Julia Benson, you're in for a treat this Friday.
              cool, now i'm looking more forward to friday's ep.

but as much as i've 'enjoyed' their time together , and i actually think a relationship could come of all this (like Col.Foley suggested regarding 'air 3'), i feel it's doomed b/c of chloe being around.

i'm also afraid vanessa james might be doomed in more than one way...
              sally

sigpic

Comment

As I've said with Matt/Chloe, I can't really say anything at this point. It's certainly established that Matt and Vanessa have a more physical relationship, but we haven't seen much beyond that.

They had the scene where they were walking down the hallway. I actually understood James' reasoning for not wanting to talk about it, as Riley was there. Still, I'd like to see moments between the two where they are less guarded than they seem to be.

We did see a slight (and I do emphasize that ) moment where James seemed a bit worried about Scott on the desert planet.

I'll say here what I said with Chloe and Lt. Scott. I'd be fully willing to support a ship if there ends up being sufficient reason to do so. To clarify, for me this doesn't have to be an established canon relationship. I just have to feel like there's something more there.

With Chloe/Scott, I need to get moments between them where there is something more than friendship beneath the surface.

With James/Scott, I need to see them have moments that aren't strictly physical and sex-based.

We shall see
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  but as much as i've 'enjoyed' their time together , and i actually think a relationship could come of all this (like Col.Foley suggested regarding 'air 3'), i feel it's doomed b/c of chloe being around.
                  Me, too What really irks me about the current set up is that it bears the danger of this becoming some saint/whore cliché thing with Chloe as the "saint" (i.e. the innocent damsel in distress that everyone wants to marry, so to speak) and James as the "whore" (the strong sexy woman that everyone wants to *****, so to speak) and I hate that kind of thing.

That said: From what we've seen now I find Scott/James much more interesting because it bears much more opportunity for conflict and conflict is essential to keep a relationship (be it romantic or non-romantic) and characters and thus also the show interesting.

i'm also afraid vanessa james might be doomed in more than one way...
                  Pssst, don't say that too loud. You never know who might be lurking
                  I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                  I will never accept defeat.
                  I will never quit.
                  I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                  ------
                  "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                    Me, too What really irks me about the current set up is that it bears the danger of this becoming some saint/whore cliché thing with Chloe as the "saint" (i.e. the innocent damsel in distress that everyone wants to marry, so to speak) and James as the "whore" (the strong sexy woman that everyone wants to *****, so to speak) and I hate that kind of thing.

That said: From what we've seen now I find Scott/James much more interesting because it bears much more opportunity for conflict and conflict is essential to keep a relationship (be it romantic or non-romantic) and characters and thus also the show interesting.
                    i can't honestly say i ship scott/james yet, but i'm sure as heck *interested*, BECAUSE of that hot sex scene in the supply closet! they peaked my interest and i want to see more of them.

(ptb, don't tease and then not go through )

but one of the things that made me perk up with this scenario, is that the ptb have *never* done anything so in-your-face before, concerning shipping. and because this ship scenario is more adult and messy, it's the one i want to see go somewhere.

i can see what you're saying about about the saintchloe and whorejames thinger, and that really makes me . but i wouldn't put it past the writers to go there, since we all know that men that put out are studly and hot, and women are just loose and slutty. i mean, sex without love is OMG YOU SINNERS... unless you're a man, then it's wink/wink flyboy.

oh... i can't believe i went in this direction.

but chloe is a regular cast member, and james is not... do the math.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      but one of the things that made me perk up with this scenario, is that the ptb have *never* done anything so in-your-face before, concerning shipping. and because this ship scenario is more adult and messy, it's the one i want to see go somewhere.
                      My thoughts exactly. Why would I want proper and teenage angst when I could have messy and adult? Much more interesting.

i mean, sex without love is OMG YOU SINNERS... unless you're a man, then it's wink/wink flyboy.
                      Yep, that's what I thought. It's why the women in these scenarios will almost never get the guy. But I do hope James/Scott will make Scott/Chloe all the harder. Ha!

but chloe is a regular cast member, and james is not... do the math.
                      Meeeep! I can't heeeeear you, lalalalala...
                      I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                      I will never accept defeat.
                      I will never quit.
                      I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                      ------
                      "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

I think I like this better than Scott & Chloe
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                        X