PDA

View Full Version : O`Neill

Icedragon
October 13th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Please help me settle a disagreement with a friend.

Was that General O`Neill that went to Eli's house with Dr Rush?

escyos
October 13th, 2009, 02:20 AM
no just an actor who looked EXACTELY like him

Icedragon
October 13th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Thanks,

But why not use him, he was already in the episode.

escyos
October 13th, 2009, 02:40 AM
ah i was kidding, that was him

Mongoletsi
October 13th, 2009, 06:06 AM
No, it was General O'Neill - the backwards apostrophe would render his name "Oohr Neill". Just a pet hate of mine because it's impossible anybody, anywhere, was ever taught to use it as apostrophe.

ANYWAY... back to the question... yeah it was him, but he did look quite different. Why? Because he's quite old now (60ish?) and is hardly a slimline fighting machine. His service dress uniform was squeezing him a bit, Mr Mackey style :D

Mongoletsi
October 13th, 2009, 06:06 AM
No, it was General O'Neill - the backwards apostrophe would render his name "Oohr Neill". Just a pet hate of mine because it's impossible anybody, anywhere, was ever taught to use it as apostrophe.

ANYWAY... back to the question... yeah it was him, but he did look quite different. Why? Because he's quite old now (60ish?) and is hardly a slimline fighting machine. His service dress uniform was squeezing him a bit, Mr Mackey style :D

abstractrobbie
October 13th, 2009, 06:47 AM
It certainly was, and yes, he was looking rather older and fatter in that scene, however, its funny how later on he does not look like that, perhaps it was the hat and glasses that did it, im not sure, but he certainly looked more like himself later on.

YutheGreat
October 13th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I wasn't sure cause it looked to me like he was a little bigger. But the Star Trek quote prove it for me.

Maddog316
October 13th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Eating all that cake will put the pounds on! Yes he's a little heavier, he was in the movies to.

Icedragon
October 13th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Oh good,

I was sure it was him. Didn't know what to make of the comment.

Mongoletsi
October 14th, 2009, 03:27 AM
It was actually Henry Rollins.

http://theblogthatmademilwaukeefamous.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/henry_rollins.jpg

Wolfer
October 14th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hahahaha i had to look twice. age didnt look like it was kind to him when he was in dress uniform.. when he was back in base uniform he looked normal.

VSHARMA
October 15th, 2009, 08:14 AM
no just an actor who looked EXACTELY like him

Did nobody get the joke but me:confused:

Pharaoh Atem
October 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Please help me settle a disagreement with a friend.

Was that General O`Neill that went to Eli's house with Dr Rush?

it was both of them http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=889&pos=402

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 16th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Jack says "I look fat" in Learning Curve LOL

Sonicbluemustang
October 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM
It was RDA not Rollins. :)

Whitering
October 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
Jack looked a little plump in the face in that shot, but damn, it was nice to have him back. He was funny just with the looks he shot to Rush. The glory days of Stargate for me are the Jack days of SG1.

SG_Gundam
October 22nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Jack looked a little plump in the face in that shot, but damn, it was nice to have him back. He was funny just with the looks he shot to Rush. The glory days of Stargate for me are the Jack days of SG1.

Thats cuz hes been put behind a desk for years. and he's also been at home for years. I'm not surprised he's gain a few pounds.

HolyAngelQueenSG-1
December 17th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Yes.. I saw it Jack O'neill is RDA. I remember is "ugro" in Stargate SG-1. Jack ate many all Cakes, Pies and Jellos. Whoa! :lol: oh my gosh?! Right? I wish is Jack, Sam and Daniel back SG-1 movie. :(