Favorite Season 4 Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Season 4 Episode

What is your favorite season 4 episode of Supernatural, and why?

Season 4 Episodes:
    Spoiler:
    Lazarus Rising
    Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
    In the Beginning
    Metamorphosis
    Monster Movie
    Yellow Fever
    It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
    Wishful Thinking
    I Know What You Did Last Summer
    Heaven and Hell
    Family Remains
    Criss Angel is a Douchebag
    After School Special
    Sex and Violence
    Death Takes a Holiday
    On the Head of a Pin
    It's a Terrible Life
    The Monster at the End of This Book
    Jump the Shark
    The Rapture
    When the Levee Breaks
    Lucifer Rising

Season 4 episode guide.
    Lazarus Rising
    23.53%
    Are You There,God ? It's me,Dean Winchester
    5.88%
    In the Beginning
    0.00%
    Metamorphosis
    0.00%
    Monster Movie
    5.88%
    Yellow Fever
    5.88%
    It's the Great Pumpkin,Sam Winchester
    5.88%
    Wishful Thinking
    0.00%
    I Know What You Did Last Summer
    0.00%
    Heaven and Hell
    5.88%
    Family Remains
    0.00%
    Criss Angel is a Douchebag
    0.00%
    After School Special
    0.00%
    Sex and Violence
    0.00%
    Death Takes a Holiday
    0.00%
    On the Head of a Pin
    29.41%
    It's a Terrible Life
    0.00%
    The Monster at the End of This Book
    11.76%
    Jump the Shark
    0.00%
    The Rapture
    0.00%
    When the Levee Breaks
    5.88%
    Lucifer Rising
    0.00%
    IMO always implied.

Voted Lazarus Rising.

It's a fairly simple episode, imo, but I liked the pacing of it, how it was filmed, and how they resolved Dean's return from Hell. Then the introduction of Cas at the end.... I just thought this episode was well done. Second favorite season opener next to In My Time of Dying.

In the Beginning, After School Special (the young Sam and Dean eps are always among my favorites. I always thought they did such a great job with them and this was no exception. And of course Dean in shorts. lol! ), On the Head of a Pin, The Monster at the End of This Book, and The Rapture are my other favorites since I have to narrow it down and not list most of them....
    IMO always implied.

Comment

My favorite is Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester. I loved seeing Dean struggle with the reality of God and angels, and the concept of ghosts of the guys' pasts literally coming back to haunt them. Other favorites are Metamorphosis, Wishful Thinking, and After School Special.

Comment

This one's really hard. I remember thinking several times while watching this season 'This is my new favorite', and then they kept adding more and more great eps that made me change my mind. In sequence, my top eps for this season were
        Lazarus Rising for the unexpected way they brought Dean back from hell;
        In the Beginning for answering so many questions about the backstory;
        Monster Movie as an inspired homage to the horror genre;
        I Know What You Did Last Summer and Heaven and Hell for finally getting the brothers to open up to each other, as well as explaining what makes Angels tick;
        On the Head of a Pin for showing Dean's dark side, and the bombshell of him
        Spoiler:
        being responsible for starting the Apocalypse
        It's a Terrible Life for being the best AU episode of any show I've ever seen;
        The Monster at the End of This Book for the brilliant way they incorporated us fans into the story.

And the Oscar poll nomination goes to... On the Head of a Pin. I'm a Dean girl through and through, and I was just swept away by Jensen's performance in this one.

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

So many amazing episodes in Season 4. Choosing one though, I will go with "On the Head of a Pin". Amazing stuff, from start to finish. Seeing Dean go so dark in regards to torture, and finding out he was responsible for setting the Apocalypse into motion were really big moments.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How can I choose just one from this Season?…but if I must then it has to be When the Levee Breaks. This seemed like the point of no return for Sam and when Dean shut the basement door and walked away leaving Sam with his withdrawal symptoms all alone…

Then we got to see inside Sam’s head, with all his insecurities and fears turning up as hallucinations…really chilling seeing hallucination Dean calling him a monster while the real Dean was desperately saying he’d rather Sam die than turn into one. Loved Bobby saying that Sam was like a son to him. *sniff*

Then there was Cas that was an interesting twist…and so tormented by what he’d done.

Sam’s moments with Ruby were great…Ruby had a kind of quality about her that wasn’t easy to tell if she were good or bad… until that ep.

And finally the fantastic fight between Dean and Sam…the lowest point between them I reckon…. setting it all up for the finale.
            sigpic

Comment

I love the episode Yellow Fever and not just beccause of the outtake at the end (although he was quite whumpable there and the song gets stuck.. just that little bit). It's simply because Dean has to deal with the fact that he is kind of a d**k. When I first saw the episode, I couldn't get over the freak-out over a kitten! Awesomeness. Pure awesomeness.

Epideme
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Epideme View Post
                I love the episode Yellow Fever and not just beccause of the outtake at the end (although he was quite whumpable there and the song gets stuck.. just that little bit). It's simply because Dean has to deal with the fact that he is kind of a d**k. When I first saw the episode, I couldn't get over the freak-out over a kitten! Awesomeness. Pure awesomeness.
                Sorry, I meant *thunkable* but I'm still getting over this language barrier! I've done this on another post or two but I've learnt my lesson!!

Epideme
                sigpic

Comment

Like season 2, this was a tough one for me, only being allowed to pick one episode. I was impressed with how many good ones there were: In the Beginning, Yellow Fever, Death Takes a Holiday, It's a Terrible Life, Monster at the End of This Book, Jump the Shark, When the Levee Breaks, and Lucifer Rising could have been contenders in any season. But the ones that made it to my final two were:

1)On the Head of a Pin just for the huge revelation it gave us in the first seal, and the great scenes between Dean and Alistair. But, there are also a few parts of this episode that are too slow for me, and I usually end up FF through them. So my vote went to:

2)Lazarus Rising. This was/is a phenomenal episode, top to bottom for me. No lag in momentum, no time to stop and catch your breath. Starts with a bang and never lets up. So many huge moments. Dean getting out of hell, the reunion with Bobby, the reunion with Sam, the revelation of what Sam has been up to with Ruby, and the bombshell that Castiel is an angel!!!! Love love love love LOVE this episode.

Comment

It's hard to choose one.Because I almost equally love Lazarus Rising and OTHOAP.Yet I voted for Lazarus Rising.The introduction of Castiel,Dean's coming back from the grave were just perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Clown of Apocalypse View Post
                      It's hard to choose one.Because I almost equally love Lazarus Rising and OTHOAP.Yet I voted for Lazarus Rising.The introduction of Castiel,Dean's coming back from the grave were just perfect.
                      Seems we think alike, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X