Favorite Season 2 Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Season 2 Episode

What is your favorite season 2 episode of Supernatural, and why?

Season 2 Episodes:
    Spoiler:
    In My Time of Dying
    Everybody Loves a Clown
    Bloodlust
    Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
    Simon Said
    No Exit
    The Usual Suspects
    Crossroad Blues
    Croatoan
    Hunted
    Playthings
    Nightshifter
    Houses of the Holy
    Born Under a Bad Sign
    Tall Tales
    Roadkill
    Heart
    Hollywood Babylon
    Folsom Prison Blues
    What Is and What Should Never Be
    All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 1
    All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 2

Season 2 episode guide.

I will ask a mod to make this a poll.
    In My Time of Dying
    18.75%
    Everybody Loves a Clown
    0.00%
    Bloodlust
    0.00%
    Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
    0.00%
    Simon Said
    0.00%
    No Exit
    0.00%
    The Usual Suspects
    6.25%
    Crossroad Blues
    0.00%
    Croatoan
    6.25%
    Hunted
    0.00%
    Playthings
    0.00%
    Nightshifter
    0.00%
    Houses of the Holy
    0.00%
    Born Under a Bad Sign
    18.75%
    Tall Tales
    6.25%
    Roadkill
    0.00%
    Heart
    0.00%
    Hollywood Babylon
    0.00%
    Folsom Prison Blues
    6.25%
    What Is and What Should Never Be
    18.75%
    All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 1
    0.00%
    All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 2
    18.75%
    IMO always implied.

In My Time of Dying is my favorite from this season. Great episode to kick off the season with. I thought it was well balanced between all the characters, and it got the ball rolling for probably my favorite season...so far anyway.

Houses of the Holy and What Is and What Should Never Be are very close seconds though. HotH is probably my favorite Sam episode. Great character insight in this one.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

I enjoyed so many episodes in Season 2, it is really hard to choose a favorite. But, I suppose I will go with "Croatoan". Something about that episode always stuck with me, and I just loved it from start to finish.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Tall Tales is probably my favorite funny episode of the series (so far), so I voted for it. That episode makes me laugh every time. Other favorites are In My Time of Dying, Croatoan, and When All Hell Breaks Loose (both parts).

Comment

This is really hard. Apart from S4 I think this was my favorite season. So many eps I loved in this one - In My Time of Dying was such an emotional episode between the three Winchesters, Crossroad Blues was a great set-up for the future 'making deals' story line, and the scene between Dean and the crossroads ranks very high on my list of goosebump scenes; Croatoan had wonderful interaction between the brothers, and had the best (or worst) cliffie ever; Born Under a Bad Sign had me squeeing as a whumper, Tall Tales had me LOL ("You were an Alien's b**ch, what could be worse?"), and What Is and What Should Never Be was just one long, deliciously heart wrenching emo ride.

But there's one episode that will always be special to me because it's the first one I ever watched, and that's Folsom Prison Blues. And I would recommend it to anybody as a great example why this show is such a hit. It's got everything, a really scary Fugly with an intriguing mystery to solve, lots of funny one-liners ("I like mine al dente"), fights, great teamwork by the brothers (and the occasional disagreement), and a scenic corpse burning in the end. So that's my choice for S2.

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
            But there's one episode that will always be special to me because it's the first one I ever watched, and that's Folsom Prison Blues. And I would recommend it to anybody as a great example why this show is such a hit. It's got everything, a really scary Fugly with an intriguing mystery to solve, lots of funny one-liners ("I like mine al dente"), fights, great teamwork by the brothers (and the occasional disagreement), and a scenic corpse burning in the end. So that's my choice for S2.
            With an awesome song to boot to end the ep with...Rooster by Alice in Chains

It is a really good stand alone. Dean not wanting to part with his cigarettes that he'd won. lol.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Like everyone else I love so many. IMTOD,Tall Tales and All Hell Breaks Loose 1 & 2 are wonderful but I easily chose Born under a Bad Sign.

Apart from making me a Samgirl I love the beginning where Dean is desperate that Sam’s gone missing. Following the trail Sam had left in those missing days (the shock of seeing Sam kill the hunter on tape) and the scene in the hotel room where Sam begs Dean to shoot him and he says he’d rather die. That has so much more meaning now …
              Spoiler:
              now that we know that in season 5 Dean goes to kill Lucifer with the colt but dies because he couldn’t do it because he’s in Sam’s body.

From finding Jo at the bar to the fantastic scene at Bobby’s where demon!Sam escapes from the devils trap and lays into Dean with a vengeance. Great stuff.
              sigpic

Comment

Born Under a Bad Sign.

The writing was terrific. Sam singing "My daddy shot your daddy in the head" was brilliant.

Action, drama, humor, this episode had it all.
                "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

I have to say The Usual Suspects as I love the Linda Blair cameo and jokes at the end, cheesey as they are!!

Epideme
                  sigpic

Comment

One of the harder seasons to pick an episode for. In My Time of Dying, and All Hell Breaks Loose were sooooo close, but D***!, I think What is and What Should Never Be is one of the best episodes they ever made, for ANY season. Good monster, nice moments with Mom and a different kind of Sam than we are used to, and amazing insight into Dean's character. All the stuff he keeps hidden is on display here. It was an acting tour de force for Jensen.

Comment

This is hardest season to pick up a favorite because season 2 was just amazing with stand-alones,myth...
                      But I choose IMTOD.The episode gives a new dimension to the myth,IMHO.Also the emotional part of the episode just grabbed me (Dean's speech with John while he's in the coma,John's deal with YED,Sam's not giving up for Dean...)

The worst thing is about IMTOD is Impala,seeing it such a bad condition

Comment

Working...
                      X