Guns Guns Guns!! [spoilers SGU S1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guns Guns Guns!! [spoilers SGU S1]

After reading through the 'Air Ep3' i relised, The Destiny appears to be armed.. heavily.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3189/ship2t.jpg
    http://img522.imageshack.us/i/sgushuttles.jpg/

If you look closely, it has guns, might explain why its been attacked but, why arent the weapons automated? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=69930&page=5 Its an argument/discussion what it is so why didnt the weapons take it out since it looked sinister, thoughts about the weapons?

or maybe they are automated and the enemy simply managed to damage Destiny

Comment

i believe i saw a new trailer yesterday, it showed some heavy cannons firing, dont know where except for the forum though
      check my story's:
      Battlestar group 16
      and Under Siege
      and respond at:
      Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
      my newest story:
      TFS Ticonderoga
      and respond at:
      TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

Originally posted by boeli View Post
        i believe i saw a new trailer yesterday, it showed some heavy cannons firing, dont know where except for the forum though
        It would be good if you could find a link to that trailer.

Are you sure you're not thinking about Battle Star Galactica or even the Hammond's Railguns in Air or Icarus base when it's attacked in the premier?

Comment

I thought this was about the teams lack of guns and ammunition.

Anyway, I think they will give it some defects like lack of power or out of drones or the automated system are down and we can't figure out the firing mechanism at least for a few epis.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
            I thought this was about the teams lack of guns and ammunition.
            The title of the thread implies anything to do with guns and apparently the ship looks like it has guns.
            Anyway, I think they will give it some defects like lack of power or out of drones or the automated system are down and we can't figure out the firing mechanism at least for a few epis.
            Possible spoilers from the 4th episode:
            Spoiler:
            Judging by the fact that Destiny is low on power and Rush is apparently going nuts telling people they're all gonna die in a number of days because the ship's powers reserves are running low the guns will probably have limited power.

Comment

i believe in one of the commentaries or "behind the scenes" stuff, we actually see the cannons firing. i remember that one too

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                It would be good if you could find a link to that trailer.

Are you sure you're not thinking about Battle Star Galactica or even the Hammond's Railguns in Air or Icarus base when it's attacked in the premier?
                i now remember it was a special on sky, dont know where i found it but im sure its on youtube im pretty sure it was the access all areas special but now that im trying to find that particular part i cant found it, it was only a few seconds long but it was impressive
                Last edited by boeli; 14 October 2009, 09:55 AM.
                check my story's:
                Battlestar group 16
                and Under Siege
                and respond at:
                Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
                my newest story:
                TFS Ticonderoga
                and respond at:
                TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

I saw it similar to asuran energy weapons that they use on their ships but the turetts ae more bulky

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

im betting that those weapons are automated but that they didint fire because the destiny is an exploration vessel and it is most likely programmed to not fire unless its being fired at, this way it wont be making enemies of potential friends to the ancients.

and its also a possibility that its programmed to not fire weapons unless absolutely nessisary when the power is at a certain level and instead to conserve the power for other, more inportant things like the engines and life support and structural integrity fields. and since that thing, whatever it was, didint look very dangerous i think the destiny chose to not waste power.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

There's nothing to say they aren't/weren't automated.
                      Being damaged heavily =/= not firing back. Ships are damaged all the time, and they still put up a fight.
                      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boeli View Post
                        i now remember it was a special on sky, dont know where i found it but im sure its on youtube im pretty sure it was the access all areas special but now that im trying to find that particular part i cant found it, it was only a few seconds long but it was impressive
                        Cheers for letting me know, I did try looking for the access all areas thing on youtube but like you say the part with Destiny's cannons firing I couldn't find, I did however find this link to a couple of pics on Stargate Wiki:

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_pulse_weapon

It's not much but at least there's something people can view now, they look pretty Goauld SGU Ha'Tak like too me, hopefully there's more punch to them than those though, as I'd guess there's a possible high chance of some very advanced and powerful races being out there far out in the Universe.

Comment

I look forward to some enemy aliens with ships that we can fight...its not the same without ship battles or enemy species
                          Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                          Anime signature in spoiler tag
                          Spoiler:
                          Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                            Cheers for letting me know, I did try looking for the access all areas thing on youtube but like you say the part with Destiny's cannons firing I couldn't find, I did however find this link to a couple of pics on Stargate Wiki:

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_pulse_weapon

It's not much but at least there's something people can view now, they look pretty Goauld SGU Ha'Tak like too me, hopefully there's more punch to them than those though, as I'd guess there's a possible high chance of some very advanced and powerful races being out there far out in the Universe.
                            To me the two pic don't look completely authentic not they aren't but until I see that in the show I won't place my full trust in it.
                            http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

because they are zoomed in

Comment

Working...
                              X