So, who else is THRILLED to see....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, who else is THRILLED to see....

the gate spinning, opening, closing and being walked through?

It seems like such a minor complaint about Atlantis and even later SG-1, that it was almost never seen anymore....but man did it ever make me smile to see it being used this much again. Now that I'm seeing it used a lot again, I realize how significant a thing it was to be absent from the franchise.

Hope it keeps up
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Lol too true! I was trying to put my finger on what quite didn't seem right. People actually walking through and away from the gate rather than flying.
    My favs:

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Is that what that was?

Comment

Originally posted by oranos View Post
        is that what that was?
        Ha
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I do admit that I was very intrigued to see them dialing the off world gate the way they did.

Comment

Here here......Halllelujah and Amen
            "Colonel listen to me. Speech is thought verbalized. Languages are codes. I'm a linguist. I'm a codebreaker. Don't you see? If I can do this I can read their minds."

Comment

Now that you mention it, yes it's pretty cool. There was a really cool stargate effect in the episode "A Hundred Days" when O'neill walked through. I'm still waiting for it to show up again.

Comment

The new spinning game is indeed awesome

I also love the new sound effects that it makes now as the gate starts to work, or locks cheverons!
                sigpic

Comment

It seems like such a minor complaint about Atlantis and even later SG-1, that it was almost never seen anymore....but man did it ever make me smile to see it being used this much again. Now that I'm seeing it used a lot again, I realize how significant a thing it was to be absent from the franchise.

Hope it keeps up

"Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                    Now that you mention it, yes it's pretty cool. There was a really cool stargate effect in the episode "A Hundred Days" when O'neill walked through. I'm still waiting for it to show up again.
                    You'll have to forgive me, I haven't seen that ep in ages! What effect are you talking about?
                    Meh.

Comment

Hope it keeps up
                      Now then you mentioned it YES! I just love it, I always loved SG1 for that and if they will keep using those gates I will definitely love SGU. Also this is one of the reason why no one could force me to watch Atlantis again, besides drama crap gates were always in the last plan... I'm so glad they have canceled it and brought SGU for us.
                      The cake is a lie...

Comment

'Tis nice to see the old orifice being used so much again.

Comment

Yeah, I'm loving it, hope they keep it up.

Comment

I must say I'm glad to see the gate used more again also. I supose it's cos now they have an even more awesome prop to show off. I'm a big fan of the release of steam when the gate shuts down too. It's a nice feature. The only thing I still miss is a new wormhole effect. They haven't done one for this series yet.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

This is why I love SGU so much. It is really getting back to the basics what made SG-1 awesome. Atlantis made things way to easy with the Puddle Jumper. There were a lack of adventures on foot. Besides, there were a lack of adventures that featured the Stargate.

SGU is definitely back to the basics while introducing some new themes and other things to make it great.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X