Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Lt. Scott's Past? (Possible Spoiler?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Lt. Scott's Past? (Possible Spoiler?)

From the episode I gathered that his parents were killed when he was young, and he was taken in by a priest who died when he was 16 of alcoholism. But did I miss something here, in the flashback, did he say or hinted that he got a 16yo girl pregnant? I'm not sure about U.S Laws, but doesn't sex with a minor constitute statutory rape?

no, 16 is the age of consent in most of the US. you can't star in girls gone wild, but you can usually fool around with whoever you want.

He was also 16, if you remember him saying to Cloe later how the priest who raised him drank himself to death because of him when he was 16.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAsgard View Post
      From the episode I gathered that his parents were killed when he was young, and he was taken in by a priest who died when he was 16 of alcoholism. But did I miss something here, in the flashback, did he say or hinted that he got a 16yo girl pregnant? I'm not sure about U.S Laws, but doesn't sex with a minor constitute statutory rape?
      Why you think that he are talking about a girl and not a boy? If it was a girl I do not think that Scott was so distressed. He therefore tries to prove his masculinity that he wants to forget about his homosexual sin. For Catholics it is a very serious sin against the nature of his faith.
      Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
      SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
        Why you think that he are talking about a girl and not a boy? If it was a girl I do not think that Scott was so distressed. He therefore tries to prove his masculinity that he wants to forget about his homosexual sin. For Catholics it is a very serious sin against the nature of his faith.
        The conversation went like this:

Priest: Do you love her?
        Scott: It doesn't matter. She's not keeping it.
        It wasn't the fact that he had sex that was the main issue, it was that the girl had gotten pregnant and she was planning on getting an abortion.

I am relatively certain this couldn't be interpreted any other way.
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

He was supposed to be 16 during the flashback
          Although he looked no younger then 19 to me, so i could see why you may have been confused

Sex between 2 16 year olds isnt against any laws
          So the problem was her getting pregnant and the 2 of them barely knowing each other

Pre-marital sex with strangers that results in a baby that gets aborted is a big no-no in church

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
            Boys don't typically need to get abortions. Might be uncomfortable to try.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAsgard View Post
              I believe the scene we see with Scott in the Church happened before the priest died, while he was still in high school, myself. I don't believe we are meant to think that it was some that happened at his current age.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Just a spec

What if Scott's former grilfriend kept their baby or the baby got adopted?

It would be interesting if Scott return to Earth with LRC stone, and find out about him and visit his son or daughter in other people's body.

Dr Rush seems to know something about the crew he said something that other guy's father to get him mad or something , because he pick the base personnel and read the personnel's file.
                what if Dr Rush knew about Scott's past and the CIA or Homeworld security probably investigated about Scott's background before letting him join the stargate programe.
                Dr Rush use his unknow son or daughter to get Scott to side with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                  Just a spec

It would be interesting if Scott return to Earth with LRC stone, and find out about him and visit his son or daughter in other people's body.

Dr Rush seems to know something about the crew he said something that other guy's father to get him mad or something , because he pick the base personnel and read the personnel's file.
                  what if Dr Rush knew about Scott's past and the CIA or Homeworld security probably investigated about Scott's background before letting him join the stargate programe.
                  Dr Rush use his unknow son or daughter to get Scott to side with him.
                  I don't know if Rush had access to that kind of detailed information about Scott's past. Rush knew that Greer came from a poor background but the extent of his knowledge about Greer is speculative at best. If Rush attempts to use personal information as leverage against someone, I think it would blow up in his face since nobody seems to really like or trust him. That's certainly what happened with Greer when Rush started bringing up the past with him. Scott wouldn't take that kind of crap anymore than Greer would.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                    Just a spec

Spoiler:
                    Well say hello to one of the plots in episode 8 "Life"
                    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 11 October 2009, 01:58 AM. Reason: number change

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Well say hello to one of the plots in episode 9 "Life"
                      I don't know what to think about this
                      sigpic

Comment

why don't you people pay attention to the dialogue before you post a stupid post. he said to chloe that the priest that raised him died when he was 16, he said he got someone pregnant that was 16.

PAY ATTENTION

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                        no, 16 is the age of consent in most of the US. you can't star in girls gone wild, but you can usually fool around with whoever you want.
                        i don't know what part of the United States you live in, but 18 is the LEGAL AGE, NOT 16 in ANY part of the United States, in ANY 50 states.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          It will be 1 of 3 plot points during the episode

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                          I don't know what to think about this
                          I think it will be something interesting to add to the charcter. Right now,
                          Spoiler:
                          he thinks he's alone in the universe in terms of family, so while he probably wants to get home, he knows he's not leaving anyone on Earth to wonder whats happened to him. So this mite give him more of a need to get home, knowing he has a famliy, in his son.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitegate View Post
                            i don't know what part of the United States you live in, but 18 is the LEGAL AGE, NOT 16 in ANY part of the United States, in ANY 50 states.

Each US state has its own age of consent. Currently state laws set the age of consent at 16, 17 or 18. The most common age is 16.

age of consent 16: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia

age of consent 17: Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Texas

age of consent 18: Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
                            http://www.4parents.gov/sexrisky/tee...aws_chart.html

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post

He was also 16, if you remember him saying to Cloe later how the priest who raised him drank himself to death because of him when he was 16.
                              Actually, Scott didn't say that; I'm not entirely sure how this incident would cause the priest to drink himself to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X