Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air 3, Final Scene - 'bug' pod, AND Ancient Timeline

Was that an escape pod ?

At the end of the episode they show a shuttle flying away from the ship..

Any idea what that was?

Maybe I missed something... Was that the senators dead body inside the ship? Or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
      Was that an escape pod ?
      Looked more like a probe attached to the ship. My guess is some race stumbled upon the Destiny and was tracking it.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Yeah, does anyone have any theories?

Comment

lol, I was just about to get on here and ask this exact same question! My guess would be that it is a probe of some kind, and that the Destiny deploys them when leaving solar systems/whenever it stops/returns to FTL travel. Maybe they leave a trail, something like a subspace comm. relay/booster, as well as gathering further data on the planets. Sensors can only collect so much data in ~12 hours, so the probes (if that what they are) will stay and collect further data, possibly monitoring for any maturing/advancing civilizations.

Comment

Based on the way it looked i assumed it was some sort of alien scout or probe.

Comment

Originally posted by Taedran View Post
              Yeah, does anyone have any theories?
              tune in next week and the week after that and so on
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It seemed to me to be some sort of
                Spoiler:
                alien ship. The design seemed to be different, most notably the red propulsion. In my opinion this changes things alot. I had assumed the aliens in this episode would be on the planet, but instead they have a ship that already knows about the Destiny. They could be a threat, but they could also help us get out of a tough situation, like what was shown in the preview for next week.

Comment

I don't think it was the Seantors body if it was, then the Shuttle's doors would have to be reopend and the air would exscape just the same way. Perhaps it was marker of some sort. Perhaps the ship did "beam" out the dead personel and release tehm into space, but why would it do it in FTL? I guess will find out later.
                  sigpic

Comment

Possible the Ship detected that two of the people who went through the gate didn't come back. Possibly detached a shuttle for them?

Comment

Originally posted by SGAsgard View Post
                      I don't think it was the Seantors body if it was, then the Shuttle's doors would have to be reopend and the air would exscape just the same way. Perhaps it was marker of some sort. Perhaps the ship did "beam" out the dead personel and release tehm into space, but why would it do it in FTL? I guess will find out later.
                      It was alien. When they stopped the aliens probably came snooping around.

The ancients never use red.... in anything.

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
                      Possible the Ship detected that two of the people who went through the gate didn't come back. Possibly detached a shuttle for them?
                      Probably... but I'm skeptical because the fire comming out of it was red and it looked strange.

The destiny is a great looking ship IMO. The other ancient vessels that we saw in Atlantis were ugly as f%%k

Comment

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
                        I was thinking that same thing. Didn't that woman and man get trapped on the other planet when they went through? Eli sent a Kino through to search for them but I didn't see them come back. Maybe the Destiny detected the people were track via the Kino and sent a ship for them?

Comment

I assume based on its look, its is an alien probe or ship.

Comment

i don't think this is something it would drop every so often because if you look at the size of it there is no way they ship could hold that many on the outside.

and it would go to pic up the keno before the two dumb people that were going to ditch there team...ok so that part is probably not close to true

any one have a pic of it btw?

Comment

To me it looked like a ship that latched onto the hull. It's possible that they left some kind of bug that kills the power in the next episode..

Comment

Working...
                              X