X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David DeLuise Returns

http://www.gateworld.net/news/episod...84390319,54135

David DeLuise returns as Samantha Carter's boyfriend in multiple episodes in Season 8.

________

AHHH!! AH!!! NO!!! In MULTIPLE episodes? Why are they doing that? *dies*

::votes that Pete get accidentally caught in the vortex that forms before the Stargate opens::
    sigpic

Comment

So sad, all earth based love story episodes, what a joy. I hope he dies, he kind of has to because of the Sam/Jack thing.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I liked Pete alot and liked him and Sam together, so I'm very glad he's coming back(though I hope to god they don't concentrate the storylines on ship, when did this show turn into "As the Stargate Turns..."?). I just hope they don't do anything to ruin the character, like turning him into a bad guy.

I'm so sick of the love stories though. What's weird is, I thought it was "us chicks" who were supposed to be all hopped up on romance all the time(not this chick but that's the stereotype)? Yet ALL the writers on the show are men, all the producers are men, all the directors(excepting one appearance by AT) are men and most of the actors are men but the writers can't seem to get the love bug out of their system. They won't be happy until they've got them all paired off and making sure we know they are having sex regularly.

I don't give a darn who, or if, any of them are erm....let's just say...happy at home, I want to see a team of friends & colleagues, who go out on adventures and defend the world from baddies, get themselves into and out of trouble and help humankind which has been dispersed throughout the galaxy.
        Last edited by epiphany; 12 May 2004, 04:42 PM.

Comment

i am glad he is back. hopefully he and sam will live happily ever after. i am tired with the Jack/Sam relationship. they have had so long to get together and never did so the Jack/Sam relationship possibility is over, if the writers haven't did anything after this long chance are they never will have Sam and Jack get involved with each other and as far as i am concerned, as long as Pete doesn't get involved with the SGC he won't die.

he didn't know about the SGC and he almost died. getting involved will just bring the curse of Sam onto him and it would be a shame to see another possible relationship go out the window

sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad I'm not petty or childish enough to actively wish for the death of a fictional character!

I love Pete. I think he's fantastic for Sam. Unfortunately, I shudder to think that TPTB are going to do to him in any upcoming appearances since they've made it pretty obvious that his sole purpose in life is to be The Obstacle. From the sound of the spoilers for his first appearance, things are NOT going to be good. The vague hints about the "discussion" don't exactly inspire confidence, either.

I wish I could look forward to his appearances. Leave it to TPTB to make me dread seeing a character I love.

I will agree, however, that we've had MORE than enough ship (of ANY pairing) to last us the rest of the series. Leave it to hints and comments. Let's concentrate on what the show is really about: exploration, defense, and blowing things up!

Comment

Don't get me wrong Carter does deserve someone, but it will never seem right unless she is with Jack.

So as for Pete, I say OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!
              -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
              -Jack O'Niell

Comment

If it weren't for the fact that ship on the show is pretty nauseating (at least the overt stuff they have now) and that Sam has been playing "the girl" for too long, I would want Pete for as many episodes as possible, being her boyfriend in such a way that there would be no mistake, and Jack shaking his hand and telling him that Sam's a lucky woman to find him.

But, what I really want is Pete integrated into actual Stargate stories, and making it to the end of the series, alive and well. And, with Sam, if she deserves him.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                  i am glad he is back. hopefully he and sam will live happily ever after. i am tired with the Jack/Sam relationship. they have had so long to get together and never did so the Jack/Sam relationship possibility is over, if the writers haven't did anything after this long chance are they never will have Sam and Jack get involved with each other and as far as i am concerned, as long as Pete doesn't get involved with the SGC he won't die.

he didn't know about the SGC and he almost died. getting involved will just bring the curse of Sam onto him and it would be a shame to see another possible relationship go out the window

Did you even see season7 and the Lost City? I mean the ship couldn't have sailed anymore, it was even rated TV-PG-DVS because of the sex that was between Jack and Sam. :-D

Honestly it was rated S for sex, it's pathetic because it only happened after the Super Bowl crap, and we all know there has never and will never be sex in Stargate.... hopefully because it could turn into Enterprise.
                  Last edited by David85; 12 May 2004, 06:39 PM.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Did you even see season7 and the Lost City? I mean the ship couldn't have sailed anymore, it was even rated TV-S because of the sex that was between JJack and Sam. :-D
                    *Dani soaks board in vomit*
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

That's my problem - Sam doen't deserve him because he is not good enough for her (my vote - Barrett). Sam deserves someone who will respect her and her position in the Air Force and at the SGC. Sam also deserves someone who would not walk out on her after their first time together just because he didn't get his way (that really bugged me too as well as the rest of his antics).
                      IMO he is just waaaay too immature and, the more I think about it - just plain goofy and not in a good way. Don't wish him dead or anything just out of Sam's life for all the reasons I have posted previously. I am disillusioned with this whole pete thing and with love lives in general in this show - it's not a soap.
                      I hope and pray that one of the scenes in New Order during the "torture" by Fifth includes the thrashing Sam gives pete for, what IMO was, the appalling behaviour towards Sam, as well as the subsequent apology from pete to Sam. I also hope it includes the reprimand from Jack and/or the SGC for the stakeout nonesense and subsequesnt apologies by pete to the rest of SG1. If not in New Order then hopefully in the second ep he's supposedly going to be in because as has been said many times they cannot leave this huge hole open and allow Carter's character to suffer for it, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                        *Dani soaks board in vomit*
                        Here ya go, Dani:

There's one actually vomiting (explosively) onto another smiley, which is very tempting, but I'll try to show SOME restraint.

hehe

Comment

I just want to say that I am totally upset that *cough* Pete is coming back. It's not that I hate the guy but he is a plane horrable match for Carter! And im sorry but I can't seem to shake that "stalker" image of him even though he wasn't intending it to be stalker-ish. I sure would like to know what he thought it was! ;p

Comment

Do TPTB have any clue how many people (Yes...shippers)are leaving the Stargate fandom? Having been burned in the past by series, whose producers have capitalized on the ratings by playing off the relationships, only to dump them as the series drew to a close, shippers see the writing on the wall with the return of Pete. Frankly, they aren't taking it anymore. They are leaving the series.

I am a shipper, and I have refused to give up hope. Even after Chimera, TPTB played with the Sam/Jack ship. I'm frustrated.

Comment

O.k. Well regardless of the fact that I think that the writers made a huge mistake on the likability factor for Pete towards the end of Chimera and ignoring the fact that I'm a shipper this news still bugs me.

Is there still a Stargate sitting around somewhere? Are they perhaps going to visit other planets next season? Would it be too much of a stretch to ask if we will perhaps see some aliens? Last season touched pretty well on the characters personal lives (some more than others) and I really don't think that we need more of the same next season. I don't need the angst filled "should I give up my career and go have kids with Pete" (yack) discussion nor do I need more of the Pete- he's just an obstacle between Sam and Jack so that we can have long angst filled looks between Sam and Jack-Shanahan. And I don't need "the let's go house hunting with Teal'c and watch while he makes it with a troubled Earth girl and hijinks insue" episode either. And have there even been any spoilers about Daniel other than the fact that apparently he speaks Japanese? Is he still on the team?

Whew. That was kind of cathartic. I think I'm having sort of an off day. I guess I should wait and see how the season actually goes before I start complaining too much. But that would be level-headed and logical and really what fun would that be.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                              X