Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evil Rush

"Greer shot him!"

And the part where he tells Eli to stick his arm in the stargate, since he assumes the ancient have some safety protocols...

He never does those things himself, but somehow has a direct connection to them...

Evil.
    sigpic

Originally posted by renboy View Post
    "Greer shot him!"

And the part where he tells Eli to stick his arm in the stargate, since he assumes the ancient have some safety protocols...

He never does those things himself, but somehow has a direct connection to them...

Evil.
    Greer did shoot him though...
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

I wouldn't say those two scenarios would lead me to conclude that Rush is evil.

In both instances his actions were aimed at saving lives.

When he told Greer to shoot Franklin it effectively saved his life.

When he told Eli to put his arm in the "puddle" it was with the intention of saving the Destiny's crew.
      Meh.

Comment

rush may seem like a jerk but i think deep down right now he wants to save the crew and repair the ship.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Rush isn't evil just a little selfish and amoral
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Rush asking for the device to be saved isn't wholly selfish. What if the3 people were to get eaten by a dinosaur or other terrible unknown on the other side of the gate with the remote? Can you say everyone dies?

While Rush may have wanted to save his own skin, I think he actually is concerned about getting to the ship to save the people (and save the ship, so they can find a way to steer it home - not necessarily to get the people home over getting humanity the ship itself...but it is a byproduct of his ambitions)

Comment

Given the established rules of the Stargates, he knew the gate wouldn't close on Eli's arm, since it has to wait for the matter to finish entering and Eli could always pull his hand out if needed, his only assumption was that the ship wouldn't jump to FTL with the Stargate open, which seems logical.

Comment

Not necessarily - it isn't yet clear that the gate can't be open in FTL, nor is it clear whether or not the ship would be aware of an active gate, or have some sort of over ride(a sort of get the heck out of here override) or the safety system could have been damaged.

Comment

Actually; a minor point on the gate puddle itself. I recall in Stargate (1994 - the movie) a MALP got pulled into the wormhole when it extended its arm into the event horizon, this was when they were surveying Abydos to begin with. I'm only curious here, but has that "pull in" thing been superseded in the television segment of the franchise? Or did I just see things incorrectly?

Anyway to the point at hand, I don't see Rush as evil. Unscrupulous is a word I might use, certainly he seems more than ready to do whatever is practically required at any given moment. He seems willing to make the hard decisions other people would find interminably difficult. This can be an asset in such dangerous times, but I think its more complicated than that, he also seems to be pursuing an agenda all his own. And he already seems to display a penchant for dishonesty or shall we say, distorting the truth. Yeah Grier did fire the shot, but Rush neglected to mention he told him to do it. It's still too soon I think to really know what Rush is all about, if nothing else that's a reason to keep watching!

Comment

I'm only curious here, but has that "pull in" thing been superseded in the television segment of the franchise? Or did I just see things incorrectly?
                    Yes, people have been pulled back out of active wormholes when just their hands are still visible (i.e. 38 minutes on Atlantis)

Comment

He's done a lot of things so far that are questionable or even wrong, but I don't think he's done anything that would be considered evil yet. YET!
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        rush may seem like a jerk but i think deep down right now he wants to save the crew and repair the ship.
                        have to agree. but his main goal is to fix the ship for his own benifit
                        if i was in his position i would be the same. ship comes first.

Comment

Rush told Greer to shoot the guy who was gonna leave with the device so they're stuck, how is that evil? they would have been totally screwed if Greer didn't do that.

Comment

Rush is proving to be an interesting character. He seems like he has an agenda but then he doesn't. His actions may seem harsh but they are logical.

Comment

I'm not sure if he's evil but i have had the feeling that he's up to something.

I think whatever actions he takes is for himself. He puts himself first before anyone else on the ship. He's very driven and will do anything to get what he wants or needs to find whatever it is.

He's selfish.
                              GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Working...
                              X