The Stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stargate?

How is the Stargate not covered up by sand? I mean if the sand is constantly blowing around and changing shouldn't it have covered the gate since it has been there for a few hundred years, if not thousands?

Well I think you can just chalk that up to them needing to get through the gate. However, if you need a reason maybe it is because that gate was planted just recently. They are following the path of the seeder ships so maybe the gate was placed there not long ago.

Comment

you know i thought about this same thing with the past few show's.....but the ancients thought about it first lol...

Comment

Ancients aren't idiots... They probably came up with something.

Comment

Well,

Like a lot of planets the conditions aren't always the greatest but I imagine that some planets are better off then others. This one just happened to be better off. There have been other planets with harsh conditions as well, and some planets where stuff was covered up by natural events like flood or what not. This one just happened not to be.

Maybe it does get covered by sand sometimes, and then uncovered other times. Maybe it was flat enough that it doesn't really happen in that location. The gate did look like it had a fair amount of sand on it, so it probably does get covered from time to time. In this case, it wasn't covered cause that wasn't part of the plot.

Maybe that's why some of the other four addresses were locked out. The gates were no longer accessible. Who knows. The Destiny seems pretty capable of determining though which Stargates are in good enough condition to explore, so it probably determined that before it stopped there.

- CB
          Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
          Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Ghost View Post
            How is the Stargate not covered up by sand? I mean if the sand is constantly blowing around and changing shouldn't it have covered the gate since it has been there for a few hundred years, if not thousands?
            http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/t...eupdates.shtml

you have to remember the gates in sgu spin so when the gate system does automatic correlative update maybe the sand is blown off
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Maybe many stargates were covered up.. So the destiny kept on going until it got to one that wasn't.

I still think the ancients have ways to making sure that doesn't happen.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that the event horizon was more "silver" like mercury and less "blue" than it has been in previous series.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                  Did anyone else notice that the event horizon was more "silver" like mercury and less "blue" than it has been in previous series.
                  Yeah, i did, but i think thats just better effects. it more closely matches the original SG movie.

Comment

the gate itself has a small electrostatic field that prevents sand resting against its surface, possibly only a by-product of superconducting ring usage rather than an intentional design.

a bit like the sg1 ep with the yellow lights repulsed by the activation of the gate.
                    sigpic
                    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                    -Liberty Prime

Comment

I'm pretty sure a Godly race wouldn't have a problem making a device to keep sand off of something. Beats me why they'd need a primitive, exhaustible CO2 scrubber, but whatever.
                      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                        I'm pretty sure a Godly race wouldn't have a problem making a device to keep sand off of something. Beats me why they'd need a primitive, exhaustible CO2 scrubber, but whatever.
                        The Ancients weren't "Godly" (and by that you mean ascended??) at the time they launched the destiny, to the best of my knowledge _Everything_ they created was before that as they had that strict "no interfering with the lower planes" rule.

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                        That we did, check this topic.

Comment

It may have been buried in the past but just happened not to be at the time the Destiny arrives in the galaxy. The climates and geography of a planet can change radically if given enough time, not to mention a variety of natural events that could occur, possibly allowing for gates to be buried, uncovered, buried again, and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we'll see gates on SGU in a variety of inaccessible places due to changing conditions on planets. They've done that with SG-1 before, so probably will again since it just makes sense.

Comment

it was the immense amount of white and the immensely dark Destiny gateroom that makes it look silver

Comment

The wormhole wouldnt have locked if the stargate had been buried. There could have been any number of better planets nearby whos gates were inaccesible.

Comment

Working...
                              X