Eli's Nondiclosure Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli's Nondiclosure Agreement

Just sitting here watching "Air, Part 1" (again), and I noticed something. The nondisclosure agreement that Rush handed to Eli seems to be a little too small. Shouldn't something that important be MUCH larger to prevent as many loopholes as possible? Also, in order to confirm for the courts what he isn't supposed disclose shouldn't it be written in the agreement? Otherwise there's really no saying what they wanted kept secret, and that would defeat the purpose of the agreement to begin with.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
    Just sitting here watching "Air, Part 1" (again), and I noticed something. The nondisclosure agreement that Rush handed to Eli seems to be a little too small. Shouldn't something that important be MUCH larger to prevent as many loopholes as possible? Also, in order to confirm for the courts what he isn't supposed disclose shouldn't it be written in the agreement? Otherwise there's really no saying what they wanted kept secret, and that would defeat the purpose of the agreement to begin with.
    I recall Jeannie McKay having to sign a similarly-sized non-disclosure agreement. Maybe they've had to come up with so many NDAs (non-disclosure agreements) with new SGC personnel getting trained that they simply streamlined everything?
    sigpic

Comment

I agree to the terms and conditions found in the Non-Disclosure Agreement Companion Handbook. Which can be found at www.stargate.com or at Level 20+ at Cheyenne Mountain Complex. Signiture below

Basically that
      Last edited by The Prophet; 08 October 2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
        [QUOTEI agree to the terms and conditions found in the Non-Disclosure Agreement Companion Handbook. Which can be found at www.stargate.com or at Level 20+ at Cheyenne Mountain Complex. Signiture below

Basically that [/QUOTE]

I'd think that legally they would have to know what EXACTLY they are signing. Full disclosure is commonplace with every contract that people have to sign (including with credit card companies that will hike your APR up by dozens of percentage points after a single missed payment). An NDA is basically a contract saying "you don't say anything and you'll be free to go on your merry way."
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=JI'd think that legally they would have to know what EXACTLY they are signing. Full disclosure is commonplace with every contract that people have to sign (including with credit card companies that will hike your APR up by dozens of percentage points after a single missed payment). An NDA is basically a contract saying "you don't say anything and you'll be free to go on your merry way."[/QUOTE]

That does make sence, but then the person would be able to simple say "I'm not signing that" and still know everything, in this case about the stargate program, and be able to tell everyone what they learned without any legal consequences.

I would think when it came to NDA, it's more a general agreement where whatever you see, hear or learn form this point on about anything relative even connected to this will be classified. So you either agree to those broad terms or leave. It's kind of like with certain research companies where you sign this discloser agreements where if you discover or invent something even if it's not related to their research or done during working hours, it will still belong to the company.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfgh View Post
            That does make sence, but then the person would be able to simple say "I'm not signing that" and still know everything, in this case about the stargate program, and be able to tell everyone what they learned without any legal consequences.

I would think when it came to NDA, it's more a general agreement where whatever you see, hear or learn form this point on about anything relative even connected to this will be classified. So you either agree to those broad terms or leave. It's kind of like with certain research companies where you sign this discloser agreements where if you discover or invent something even if it's not related to their research or done during working hours, it will still belong to the company.
            Well, if someone is not willing to sign the NDA, I'm pretty sure some NID boys will get involved and good ol' Agent Barrett will come knocking on somebody's door to tell them that they're about to be permanently relocated for the sake of national--or should I say planetary--security.
            sigpic

Comment

maybe the SGC has their own version serperate from the airforce
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

"You talk...they never find the body"

pretty short
                If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                  "You talk...they never find the body"

pretty short
                  hell the sgc could just beam people into the sun
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought the page we could see was just the cover page and that the document itself was several pages long.
                    sigpic

Comment

You have to sign the NDA before you're told the classified materials. Why then, would the NDA contain the classified materials and thus allow you to read it before signing? It would defeat the purpose.

The NDA would say something to the effect that, "I agree that I will not tell anyone not associated with the project(s) that I am working on what I am to learn while in the employ of the United States Air Force (or IOA, United States Marine Corps, etc.) and that if I should, I will be subject to the penalties outlined in Section 1.2. I further agree that this Non-Disclosure Agreement is binding in perpetuity and should portions (or the whole) of the project(s) that I am working on be declassified, I will only publicly discuss those aspects of the project(s) that are cleared by superiors for circulation to the public at-large."

An NDA doesn't have to be that thick to be comprehensive

Comment

I was going from the fact that the document Rush handed Eli was several pages long:
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

an NDA doesn't have to detail exactly what u can and cant say.

usually they just a simple, "you can not disclose anything you have learnt here"

i've signed several NDA's in the past, and they've all been on a single page

Comment

military secrecy NDA's aren't very big, because they can just say that any information, experiences or ideas that come from access to information over a certain level become property of the US GOVT.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              Well, if someone is not willing to sign the NDA, I'm pretty sure some NID boys will get involved and good ol' Agent Barrett will come knocking on somebody's door to tell them that they're about to be permanently relocated for the sake of national--or should I say planetary--security.
                              Eli said something like "If I don't sign, what'll you do? Wipe my mind clean of this meeting?" and Rush says "something like that". They'd use those things that plant false memories in a person's mind that SG1 discovered and they used on Vala in one of the episodes of S9 or 10 when she thought she'd been betrayed by the rest of SG1 and the SGC and went off with Adria, only to find her mind had been tampered with - only in that episode Vala had agreed to the whole thing. In this case, I'm quite sure Eli would not agree and they'd have done it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X