PDA

View Full Version : What is in the case that almost got Col. Young killed?

DDD8000
October 8th, 2009, 07:57 AM
What I'm wondering is so important that he risked his life for it?

Could it be some special medication?
Could it be a ZPM (unlikely)?
Could it be a Goa'uld communication device?
Could it be some more ancient communication stones?
Could it be a part of some advanced Asgard technology?

I don't know, I'm just speculating. Maybe I just missed it, and they actually showed what was in the case.

prion
October 8th, 2009, 09:42 AM

I don't know, I'm just speculating. Maybe I just missed it, and they actually showed what was in the case.

For the communication stones (seen in SG1) which would allow them communication across galaxies. Rush, however, snatched them and said HE brought them with him. AIeee, wanted to smack him with a frozen trout when he did that.

amconway
October 8th, 2009, 09:50 AM
That's an interesting question. He was bound and determined to take that case with him, but I hadn't really thought about it in terms of plot. Thanks for bringing it up!

reddevil18
October 8th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Yup, it's the stones.

YoshiKart64
October 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Wow, I didn't catch that Rush took them. I totally believed him when he said that - the *******.

Briangate78
October 8th, 2009, 10:27 AM

It was his make-up kit and cross-dressing outfits. ;)

Pepermint Jaffa
October 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM
What is in the case that almost got Col. Young killed?

Three sea shells.

VSS
October 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM
It might not be the stones. Young transferred the aluminum case out of the bag it was in and put it in a new one along with something that looked like powerbars. Then he got blown through the gate into mass chaos.

However, Rush went directly to the stones when he wanted to use them- but how would Rush have known where to look? If those are the stones, they were in a different bag than what he'd seen them in previously, and were thrown somewhere in the gate room of the Destiny. Could Rush have realized so quickly that Young switched bags, then been able to keep a visual on it to secure the stones later?

I think two identical aluminum cases were brought aboard the destiny. Maybe Young has his own set- or maybe its something else entirely.

Captain Obvious
October 8th, 2009, 12:31 PM
young opened the case and checked that it was the stones.

VSS
October 8th, 2009, 12:42 PM
young opened the case and checked that it was the stones.

No, I think he just pulled it out of one bag and stuffed it in another. I remember wondering if those were the stones the second time I watched it. But you can't tell what it is.

Even if they are LRC devices, it may be a second set, because Rush would not have known what bag they were in or even that Young brought them aboard. It just strikes me as very odd that Young took the time to switch bags.

Also- what happened to all those power bars? :P I didn't see them when Rush opened the bag.

Croatoan
October 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I just rewatched that portion of the first episode and it does not show him opening the silver case. In fact he digs through a pile of cases, finds the one he is looking for, open sit grabs the silver case and immediatley dumps another bag out of what appears to be food and stuff to make room for the silvercase. I don't understand why he didn't simply carry the case through with the handle unless he (Col. Everett) was trying to hide it from the team or someone else.

Rush was already through the gate so he had no way of knowing that black bag contained the stones. It was thrown across the room with Col. Everett and I believe looking back at the video that Rush may not of even seen Everett come through the stargate.

About a minute goes by after we see Rush and his infamous smile and when it shows Everett being thrown through the gate. This same scene only a minute later we see Scott track down Eli to ask where Rush is and he is not in the room.

About 40 seconds into the episode we see rush find s silvercase.

We can not for sure conclude this is the same case though we are lead to believe it is since it looks the same and appears in a black bag identical to the bag everett put his silver case in.

Upon looking closer at the scene where Rush gets the case with the stones in it I notice a distinct look of suprise or something on his face when he unzips the bag and finds the case. He clearly knows what is inside the case itself though I am not entirely sure he expected to find the case in the bag.

I think he was simply going through bags to check supplies like the rest of the crew until the point where he found the bag. I am willing to bet he did confer with people back on Earth but I am willing to bet he told them Col Everett was incapacitated and that is why they said that Rush would be in charge.

Notice that the discussion with carter and oniell stating the don't know where they people are is before the communication stone scene. I think this was an intentional red herring to leave a mystic about Rush for the time being.

VSS
October 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I just rewatched that portion of the first episode and it does not show him opening the silver case. In fact he digs through a pile of cases, finds the one he is looking for, open sit grabs the silver case and immediatley dumps another bag out of what appears to be food and stuff to make room for the silvercase. I don't understand why he didn't simply carry the case through with the handle unless he (Col. Everett) was trying to hide it from the team or someone else.

Rush was already through the gate so he had no way of knowing that black bag contained the stones. It was thrown across the room with Col. Everett and I believe looking back at the video that Rush may not of even seen Everett come through the stargate.

About a minute goes by after we see Rush and his infamous smile and when it shows Everett being thrown through the gate. This same scene only a minute later we see Scott track down Eli to ask where Rush is and he is not in the room.

We can not for sure conclude this is the same case though we are lead to believe it is since it looks the same and appears in a black bag identical to the bag everett put his silver case in.

Upon looking closer at the scene where Rush gets the case with the stones in it I notice a distinct look of suprise or something on his face when he unzips the bag and finds the case. He clearly knows what is inside the case itself though I am not entirely sure he expected to find the case in the bag.

I think he was simply going through bags to check supplies like the rest of the crew until the point where he found the bag. I am willing to bet he did confer with people back on Earth but I am willing to bet he told them Col Everett was incapacitated and that is why they said that Rush would be in charge.

Notice that the discussion with carter and oniell stating the don't know where they people are is before the communication stone scene. I think this was an intentional red herring to leave a mystic about Rush for the time being.

Okay, I knew I wasn't seeing things (or rather, I wasn't not seeing things. I guess.). :jack:

Yes, they're definitely leading us to believe those are the same cases- but I don't think they are. And I also think Rush is lying about what O'Neill said.

Mr. Domino
October 8th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I just rewatched that portion of the first episode and it does not show him opening the silver case. In fact he digs through a pile of cases, finds the one he is looking for, open sit grabs the silver case and immediatley dumps another bag out of what appears to be food and stuff to make room for the silvercase. I don't understand why he didn't simply carry the case through with the handle unless he (Col. Young) was trying to hide it from the team or someone else.

Rush was already through the gate so he had no way of knowing that black bag contained the stones. It was thrown across the room with Col. Young and I believe looking back at the video that Rush may not of even seen Young come through the stargate.

About a minute goes by after we see Rush and his infamous smile and when it shows Young being thrown through the gate. This same scene only a minute later we see Scott track down Eli to ask where Rush is and he is not in the room.

We can not for sure conclude this is the same case though we are lead to believe it is since it looks the same and appears in a black bag identical to the bag Young put his silver case in.

I think he was simply going through bags to check supplies like the rest of the crew until the point where he found the bag. I am willing to bet he did confer with people back on Earth but I am willing to bet he told them Col Young was incapacitated and that is why they said that Rush would be in charge.

Not sure if you did it on purpose, but Everett is his first name, its Col. Young. Figured it might confuse some people so I fixed it.

I'm torn on this. Mostly because I really want to like Dr. Rush.

Cold Fuzz
October 8th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Okay, I knew I wasn't seeing things (or rather, I wasn't not seeing things. I guess.). :jack:

Yes, they're definitely leading us to believe those are the same cases- but I don't think they are. And I also think Rush is lying about what O'Neill said.

I agree. Since Rush lied about bringing the stones (Young brought them), Rush lying about General O'Neill's orders is a completely logical and reasonable conclusion.

Wolf
October 8th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Not sure if you did it on purpose, but Everett is his first name, its Col. Young. Figured it might confuse some people so I fixed it.

I'm torn on this. Mostly because I really want to like Dr. Rush.

Thanks, /i/ was confused :P. I was like.. wait, there's now a Col. Everett?? lol.

escyos
October 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM
rush opened the bag and saw the metal case, he must have know that they were the LRC stones.

VSS
October 8th, 2009, 05:07 PM
rush opened the bag and saw the metal case, he must have know that they were the LRC stones.

Yes, but whose bag did he open?
We were led to believe it was Young's but it might not have been. In which case Young brought something else aboard the ship.

Commander Zelix
October 8th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I think they made it obvious that it is the same case. We even saw him sneakingly snatch them before using it (otherwise they would already be in his room/lab as the rest of his baggages).

Thats why, it was so lame of him to declare that he's the one which bought them while Young risked his life for them and was seemingly on his dead bed.

Wolf
October 8th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Zelix, i agree, but from my opinion of Rush thus far, it's hardly out of character for his, well, character :P

AVFan
October 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I was thinking the same as VSS- I don't think Rush could have known that Young brought anything with him. Rush was standing out on the observation deck at the time if I remember correctly. There would have been no way he would have known to look for them in that exact place if he hadn't even known that the bag had made it through the gate.

I'm also thinking that there's something different in the case Young brought through.

TheHomegaMan
October 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Seems mighty clear that Young went for the stones. He dug around, pulled that specific case, put it in that specific bag, and delayed his exit through the gate so he could do both. The bag sat near himself and TJ, near the dialing console in the gate room. Rush reached down and grabbed the bag, taking off while TJ gave him a suspicious look. How Rush knew isn't really an issue. Explain it away as him examining his new loot once he went to what we can assume are his new quarters. Either way, Young packed a bag identical to what Rush opened with a case that is identical to what Rush found the stones in.

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me...

escyos
October 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Yes, but whose bag did he open?
We were led to believe it was Young's but it might not have been. In which case Young brought something else aboard the ship.

they take the bag off young and later rush looks into the bag and sees what it is

escyos
October 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Seems mighty clear that Young went for the stones. He dug around, pulled that specific case, put it in that specific bag, and delayed his exit through the gate so he could do both. The bag sat near himself and TJ, near the dialing console in the gate room. Rush reached down and grabbed the bag, taking off while TJ gave him a suspicious look. How Rush knew isn't really an issue. Explain it away as him examining his new loot once he went to what we can assume are his new quarters. Either way, Young packed a bag identical to what Rush opened with a case that is identical to what Rush found the stones in.

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me...

seems to me like most senior staff on the base would have known about the stones and that they were part of the expedetion supplies. OR maybe the case was stamped with "ANCIENT COMMUNICATION STONES"

Encoder
October 8th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Three sea shells.

Hahaha he doesn't know how the three sea shells works!!!

:sheppard:

Encoder
October 8th, 2009, 10:43 PM
And I also think Rush is lying about what O'Neill said.

I believe that Russ had no time at all to convince people that Dr. Lee really is Dr. Rush, to convey the situation as it stands (so early in the piece), to have had an audience with O'Neill and to have convinced him that he should be in charge (however he would have done it), in the time allotted.

So I completely agree, I don't think O'Neill put him in charge, just that Rush had to disclose the existence of the stones before Young regained conscience so that he looked like the saviour so that he could get on with his little speech where he orchestrated being in charge for his own agenda.

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 9th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Hahaha he doesn't know how the three sea shells works!!!
That's what they may have to end up using you know! Unless there's paperbark trees on some planet any 'tissues' packed in MREs etc won't last very long haha
One factoid - apparently chimps are known to use leaves as toilet paper :rolleyes:

October 9th, 2009, 04:34 AM
That's what they may have to end up using you know! Unless there's paperbark trees on some planet any 'tissues' packed in MREs etc won't last very long haha
One factoid - apparently chimps are known to use leaves as toilet paper :rolleyes:

you know i was shocked at how inefficiently TP seemed to be packed... the tube was very wide and the paper per tube seemed minimal.

miles27
October 9th, 2009, 05:18 AM
not trying to defend any of his other actions but maybe we are mistaking what rush said for what we believe he meant. he said he brought the stones with them as they had no idea where they were going well they where on his base with the supplies for the experdition maybe this is what he meant not knowing what it had taken to get them aboard as for the truth of what he said about o'neil and putting him in charge 'no way' o'neil is a soldier he would want the best person in charge meaning to him he would want a military person so one of two options 1, he was lied to at least a little to be conviced to let rush do it(most soldiers are incapacitated)/rush lied about being put in charge(O'Neil isn't going to do this in such short notice, unless it is tempary until further infomation is obtained)

Encoder
October 9th, 2009, 05:53 AM

Ok everyone, we're looking for books, notes, anything that can be used and also people, we're gonna need you to use both sides ok?!?!

hehehehe

AtlantisRules!!!
October 9th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I think it was the stones.

We dont know how much time really passed between Young coming thorugh and Rush using the stones. He may have found them in that time.

thekillman
October 9th, 2009, 07:33 AM
*sigh*

Young runs off to the side, opens a crate, throws out some stuff, takes a metal case, empties one bag and puts it in. he runs through the gate and nearly gets killed. TJ takes care of him, rush looks at young and notices the bag. he opens the bag, sees the metal case, takes it and walks off. in a private room, he takes a look at what's inside, sees the stones, and uses them.

or he knew of the stones and because of that he took them.

escyos
October 9th, 2009, 04:30 PM
you know i was shocked at how inefficiently TP seemed to be packed... the tube was very wide and the paper per tube seemed minimal.

the kino's have butt wiping lasers

M2W
October 25th, 2009, 04:00 PM
the kino's have butt wiping lasers

Which must be used very carefully.