Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is in the case that almost got Col. Young killed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'm wondering is so important that he risked his life for it?

Could it be some special medication?
    Could it be a ZPM (unlikely)?
    Could it be a Goa'uld communication device?
    Could it be some more ancient communication stones?
    Could it be a part of some advanced Asgard technology?

I don't know, I'm just speculating. Maybe I just missed it, and they actually showed what was in the case.

Originally posted by DDD8000 View Post

I don't know, I'm just speculating. Maybe I just missed it, and they actually showed what was in the case.
    For the communication stones (seen in SG1) which would allow them communication across galaxies. Rush, however, snatched them and said HE brought them with him. AIeee, wanted to smack him with a frozen trout when he did that.

Comment

That's an interesting question. He was bound and determined to take that case with him, but I hadn't really thought about it in terms of plot. Thanks for bringing it up!

Comment

Yup, it's the stones.

Comment

Wow, I didn't catch that Rush took them. I totally believed him when he said that - the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by DDD8000 View Post

It was his make-up kit and cross-dressing outfits.
            sigpic

Comment

Three sea shells.
              sigpic
              FOX Network

Comment

It might not be the stones. Young transferred the aluminum case out of the bag it was in and put it in a new one along with something that looked like powerbars. Then he got blown through the gate into mass chaos.

However, Rush went directly to the stones when he wanted to use them- but how would Rush have known where to look? If those are the stones, they were in a different bag than what he'd seen them in previously, and were thrown somewhere in the gate room of the Destiny. Could Rush have realized so quickly that Young switched bags, then been able to keep a visual on it to secure the stones later?

I think two identical aluminum cases were brought aboard the destiny. Maybe Young has his own set- or maybe its something else entirely.

Comment

young opened the case and checked that it was the stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                    young opened the case and checked that it was the stones.
                    No, I think he just pulled it out of one bag and stuffed it in another. I remember wondering if those were the stones the second time I watched it. But you can't tell what it is.

Even if they are LRC devices, it may be a second set, because Rush would not have known what bag they were in or even that Young brought them aboard. It just strikes me as very odd that Young took the time to switch bags.

Also- what happened to all those power bars? I didn't see them when Rush opened the bag.
                    Last edited by VSS; 08 October 2009, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I just rewatched that portion of the first episode and it does not show him opening the silver case. In fact he digs through a pile of cases, finds the one he is looking for, open sit grabs the silver case and immediatley dumps another bag out of what appears to be food and stuff to make room for the silvercase. I don't understand why he didn't simply carry the case through with the handle unless he (Col. Everett) was trying to hide it from the team or someone else.

Rush was already through the gate so he had no way of knowing that black bag contained the stones. It was thrown across the room with Col. Everett and I believe looking back at the video that Rush may not of even seen Everett come through the stargate.

About a minute goes by after we see Rush and his infamous smile and when it shows Everett being thrown through the gate. This same scene only a minute later we see Scott track down Eli to ask where Rush is and he is not in the room.

About 40 seconds into the episode we see rush find s silvercase.

We can not for sure conclude this is the same case though we are lead to believe it is since it looks the same and appears in a black bag identical to the bag everett put his silver case in.

Upon looking closer at the scene where Rush gets the case with the stones in it I notice a distinct look of suprise or something on his face when he unzips the bag and finds the case. He clearly knows what is inside the case itself though I am not entirely sure he expected to find the case in the bag.

I think he was simply going through bags to check supplies like the rest of the crew until the point where he found the bag. I am willing to bet he did confer with people back on Earth but I am willing to bet he told them Col Everett was incapacitated and that is why they said that Rush would be in charge.

Notice that the discussion with carter and oniell stating the don't know where they people are is before the communication stone scene. I think this was an intentional red herring to leave a mystic about Rush for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Croatoan View Post
                        I just rewatched that portion of the first episode and it does not show him opening the silver case. In fact he digs through a pile of cases, finds the one he is looking for, open sit grabs the silver case and immediatley dumps another bag out of what appears to be food and stuff to make room for the silvercase. I don't understand why he didn't simply carry the case through with the handle unless he (Col. Everett) was trying to hide it from the team or someone else.

Rush was already through the gate so he had no way of knowing that black bag contained the stones. It was thrown across the room with Col. Everett and I believe looking back at the video that Rush may not of even seen Everett come through the stargate.

About a minute goes by after we see Rush and his infamous smile and when it shows Everett being thrown through the gate. This same scene only a minute later we see Scott track down Eli to ask where Rush is and he is not in the room.

We can not for sure conclude this is the same case though we are lead to believe it is since it looks the same and appears in a black bag identical to the bag everett put his silver case in.

Upon looking closer at the scene where Rush gets the case with the stones in it I notice a distinct look of suprise or something on his face when he unzips the bag and finds the case. He clearly knows what is inside the case itself though I am not entirely sure he expected to find the case in the bag.

I think he was simply going through bags to check supplies like the rest of the crew until the point where he found the bag. I am willing to bet he did confer with people back on Earth but I am willing to bet he told them Col Everett was incapacitated and that is why they said that Rush would be in charge.

Notice that the discussion with carter and oniell stating the don't know where they people are is before the communication stone scene. I think this was an intentional red herring to leave a mystic about Rush for the time being.
                        Okay, I knew I wasn't seeing things (or rather, I wasn't not seeing things. I guess.).

Yes, they're definitely leading us to believe those are the same cases- but I don't think they are. And I also think Rush is lying about what O'Neill said.

Comment

Originally posted by Croatoan View Post
                          I just rewatched that portion of the first episode and it does not show him opening the silver case. In fact he digs through a pile of cases, finds the one he is looking for, open sit grabs the silver case and immediatley dumps another bag out of what appears to be food and stuff to make room for the silvercase. I don't understand why he didn't simply carry the case through with the handle unless he (Col. Young) was trying to hide it from the team or someone else.

Rush was already through the gate so he had no way of knowing that black bag contained the stones. It was thrown across the room with Col. Young and I believe looking back at the video that Rush may not of even seen Young come through the stargate.

About a minute goes by after we see Rush and his infamous smile and when it shows Young being thrown through the gate. This same scene only a minute later we see Scott track down Eli to ask where Rush is and he is not in the room.

We can not for sure conclude this is the same case though we are lead to believe it is since it looks the same and appears in a black bag identical to the bag Young put his silver case in.

I think he was simply going through bags to check supplies like the rest of the crew until the point where he found the bag. I am willing to bet he did confer with people back on Earth but I am willing to bet he told them Col Young was incapacitated and that is why they said that Rush would be in charge.

Not sure if you did it on purpose, but Everett is his first name, its Col. Young. Figured it might confuse some people so I fixed it.

I'm torn on this. Mostly because I really want to like Dr. Rush.
                          "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
                          "Who doesn't?"

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                            Okay, I knew I wasn't seeing things (or rather, I wasn't not seeing things. I guess.).

Yes, they're definitely leading us to believe those are the same cases- but I don't think they are. And I also think Rush is lying about what O'Neill said.
                            I agree. Since Rush lied about bringing the stones (Young brought them), Rush lying about General O'Neill's orders is a completely logical and reasonable conclusion.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Domino View Post
                              Not sure if you did it on purpose, but Everett is his first name, its Col. Young. Figured it might confuse some people so I fixed it.

I'm torn on this. Mostly because I really want to like Dr. Rush.
                              Thanks, /i/ was confused . I was like.. wait, there's now a Col. Everett?? lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X