Kyphosis
October 7th, 2009, 05:37 PM
How can Eli who won a game contest go around activating things on an
Ancient Spaceship. Only people with the Ancient gene or gene therapy would be
able to make things work.? When they went through the gate they had no idea
that they would be on an Ancient ship.

PacoJr67
October 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I think it was theorized that the ATA gene wasn't required to operate things (and even then it wasn't required to operate everything) until the war with the wraith. or something along those lines

Orion Antreas
October 7th, 2009, 06:09 PM
How can Eli who won a game contest go around activating things on an
Ancient Spaceship. Only people with the Ancient gene or gene therapy would be
able to make things work.? When they went through the gate they had no idea
that they would be on an Ancient ship.

1.) Eli was simply pressing buttons and turning knobs. Pretty simple.

2.) The ATA gene isn't a feature in Ancient technology at this time period. Joseph Mallozzi has confirmed this and we should see it mentioned possibly in the near future. Hopefully...

Encoder
October 7th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Well, the only two viable options as I see it are:

1. The ships systems were already initialised. Once initialised, basically anyone can use the system

2. Eli was given the ATA gene therapy.

Since 2 is almost completely impossible, I'd have to go with 1.

:sheppard:

techwork
October 7th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Eli - ancent :) or as Jack

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 8th, 2009, 03:55 AM
1.) Eli was simply pressing buttons and turning knobs. Pretty simple.

2.) The ATA gene isn't a feature in Ancient technology at this time period. Joseph Mallozzi has confirmed this and we should see it mentioned possibly in the near future. Hopefully...

Re Orion Antras's Point 2

Lcshepp writes: Will the ATA gene be a factor in SGU?
Answer: At present, it does not factor in. Source: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/october-7-2009-i-go-undercover/

thekillman
October 8th, 2009, 06:26 AM
the ATA gene was only know for later ancient tech.

Merlin's Knights, Dakara, they didnt need the Gene

SleepZone
October 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I believe the ATA gene really is only needed in the Pegasus galaxy as they were dealing with the Wraith.

Steven_the_Atlantean
October 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I believe the ATA gene really is only needed in the Pegasus galaxy as they were dealing with the Wraith.

I am sorry but with all do respect if I remember correctly, an individual requires the ATA gene to activate the Ancient Drone control chair....

1. Proclarush Taonas
2. Earth
3. Atlantis
4. The Tower

...supports this!
Now the Ancients left "SEVERAL MILLION YEARS AGO", so several technology remained in the MW that requires that specific gene for operation, could it be possible that the ancients made a "Genetic Lock" on their systems after the construction of the first wave of Gate seeders, as their technology advanced over time!!!

SleepZone
October 9th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I am sorry but with all do respect if I remember correctly, an individual requires the ATA gene to activate the Ancient Drone control chair....

1. Proclarush Taonas
2. Earth
3. Atlantis
4. The Tower

...supports this!
Now the Ancients left "SEVERAL MILLION YEARS AGO", so several technology remained in the MW that requires that specific gene for operation, could it be possible that the ancients made a "Genetic Lock" on their systems after the construction of the first wave of Gate seeders, as their technology advanced over time!!! Its certainly possible. You may be correct.

I'm just assuming that if the technology is dangerous or a type of weapon/ship then it'd need the ATA gene also. So In my opinion Pegasus tech, Ancient Weapons and Ancients Ships would require the gene. If you always would need the gene then the gou'ld would have an even harder time trying to scrap and copy ancient tech.

Ravroz
October 9th, 2009, 03:32 PM
One question I have is what form of space travel is the Ancient Ship using? Rush says that they are going faster than light yet not through hyperspace. Could it be that this ship predates the Ancients discovery of hyperspace or that they discovered a faster method of travel that this ship uses? Perhaps there will be a form of warp drive in SGU.....lol

maddmike
October 28th, 2009, 03:13 PM
One question I have is what form of space travel is the Ancient Ship using? Rush says that they are going faster than light yet not through hyperspace. Could it be that this ship predates the Ancients discovery of hyperspace or that they discovered a faster method of travel that this ship uses? Perhaps there will be a form of warp drive in SGU.....lol

I uses FTL (faster than light) how this is generated i am unsure, but there is no hyper drive.

There is also no need for the gene it has been brought up in other episodes (now that we are on episode 5)