Grey event horizon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey event horizon ?

Did anyone notice that when the gate is activated the event horizon is grey/silver ?

Does anyone know why it's grey and not blue like SG-1's and Atlantis gates ?

Apoligises i think i have posted this in the wrong place i'm sorry to the mods. Sorry
    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Lighting, me thinks

I don't think it's any different to SG-1's gate, perhaps the limited lighting on the Destiny causes it to look greyer.

Also, there did seem to be some sort of greyscale over everything, as if the camera had been intentionally dimmed down, for a more darker and grittier feel. Not that I'm complaining, just something I noticed.

Comment

FX in this virtual reality .
      Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
      SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

They redid the event horizon for Universe and gave it a new color treatment as well. If you'll notice, at Icarus Base the event horizon is blue but out in the deep universe it is silver.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          They redid the event horizon for Universe and gave it a new color treatment as well. If you'll notice, at Icarus Base the event horizon is blue but out in the deep universe it is silver.
          Man these slight changes to canon really erk me.

Ok fine, different cast and mission purpose but geeze, leave the basics alone huh!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
            Man these slight changes to canon really erk me.

Ok fine, different cast and mission purpose but geeze, leave the basics alone huh!

Why? This can all fit in canon...We noticed the Milky Way gates still had a dark blue color in SGU, so I simply think that the 'Universe' gates simply create a silver event horizon. Different gates, different color event horizons. Makes sense and fits in my opinion.

From what I have seen, it looks like this:

Milky Way Gates = Dark Blue
            Pegasus Gates = Light Blue
            'Universe' Gates = Silver

Now, if they changed the Milky Way gate and made it silver or some 'out of place color', then yes, I would agree. But we have never seen a 'Universe' gate before, so it makes sense.

To be honest, I think it looks great and makes the gate itself different from the others.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Well, the Destiny is really old...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Well, the Destiny is really old...
                and badly lit compared to atlantis and the sgc
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                  Why? This can all fit in canon...We noticed the Milky Way gates still had a dark blue color in SGU, so I simply think that the 'Universe' gates simply create a silver event horizon. Different gates, different color event horizons. Makes sense and fits in my opinion.
                  If the gate, regardless of the model, is designed to create a wormhole then regardless of the gate model, the basic wormhole should remain the same.

I never noticed the changes in colour between the franchises so never thought about it twice!

Either way...changes to these things are detrimental to canon as now people can say, well based on the colour of the wormhole, these certain "conditions" can now be explained in some lame ass manner.

Consistency people!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                  : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Maybe someone accidently put a grey 'memory' effect on the vfx?
                    or maybe it has something to do with wavelengths?
                    Don't know, don't care - really. Lets wait for some more shows to see if its a Universe Gate property or just the lighting.
                    sigpic
                    Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

all i can say is, the VFX/CGI gets better over time. the original wormhole and wormhole sequence is nothing like it is now

Comment

Because it looks better than it did in SG1 or Atlantis.

Why were the Milky Way ones blue still? I don't know

Comment

The reason for the color change is that the Destiny gate is rly old and back then they only had black and white worm-holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeratul View Post
                            The reason for the color change is that the Destiny gate is rly old and back then they only had black and white worm-holes.
                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zeratul View Post
                              Heh heh
                              If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                              Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Working...
                              X