Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Scenes on Sky1

Hi all,

I watched Air 1/2 on Sky 1 HD last night and then went to the stargate wiki to read about the episodes there. I notice that the plot summary for the first episode mentions at least two scenes that I do not remember from the version that aired on Sky. Specifically these were the sex scene with Scott and James, and the scene where the Icarus Base planet's unique core is explained.

Anybody else notice this? I find it pretty annoying; anybody know if there are similar missing scenes in Air 2, and whether we can expect more of this as the series continues? Any way to see the uncut episodes? Perhaps it would be better to wait until the show is released on dvd in order to see the whole thing uncorrupted.

Thanks,

Cato

Oh yes ? ?? Really ??? This is good if this is true.
    Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
    SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cato View Post
      Hi all,

I watched Air 1/2 on Sky 1 HD last night and then went to the stargate wiki to read about the episodes there. I notice that the plot summary for the first episode mentions at least two scenes that I do not remember from the version that aired on Sky. Specifically these were the sex scene with Scott and James, and the scene where the Icarus Base planet's unique core is explained.

Anybody else notice this? I find it pretty annoying; anybody know if there are similar missing scenes in Air 2, and whether we can expect more of this as the series continues? Any way to see the uncut episodes? Perhaps it would be better to wait until the show is released on dvd in order to see the whole thing uncorrupted.

Thanks,

Cato
      Interesting. I only heard about the sex scene being cut...and assumed it was something to do with a network issue (as I would have no idea anyways ).

The other scene...weird. I have no idea why it would be cut...as it is sort of a key point to the plot of Icarus Base.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
        The other scene...weird. I have no idea why it would be cut...as it is sort of a key point to the plot of Icarus Base.
        I went back and watched it again just to make sure. Scott does explain to Wallace that the stargate is tied into the planet for power, and that it has been set to only dial out, but at no point does he ever mention the core of the planet or its being radioactive. I could be imagining it, but there does seem to be an odd cut in the middle of their conversation.

This is why the sudden mention of the core later on (when it is about to blow up) seemed a bit odd to me.

The show did seem very advert-heavy, so perhaps Sky had to slim down the running time.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          Interesting. I only heard about the sex scene being cut...and assumed it was something to do with a network issue (as I would have no idea anyways ).

hehehe to get around the politics...the techie was sitting there and "accidently" lost the broadcast during that snippet hehehehe

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
            hehehe to get around the politics...the techie was sitting there and "accidently" lost the broadcast during that snippet hehehehe

What ???
            Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
            SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
              What ???
              Have you seen Futurama where Fry spills his beer on the console during Single White Female and interrupts the transmission?

That's what I'm talking about.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
              : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

The sex scene was cut out because it was before the 9pm watershed. It wasn't cut out of the 9pm showing the next day when it was repeated on Sky2.
                sigpic

Comment

Thats mental!
                  If there are going to be more sex scenes and I can only assume there will be Sky should be putting it on at 9. Why should we have to wait an extra day to see the proper cut. I know its only one day, but come on!

I knew the music didnt sync right from when the Hammond dropped out of Hyperspace to Scott running down the hallway.

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                    Have you seen Futurama where Fry spills his beer on the console during Single White Female and interrupts the transmission?

That's what I'm talking about.

emmm This is where troggs nearly destroyed the earth because of this? Yes, a great episode.
                    SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

I know I hadn't seen the sex scene. I'd heard that there was one but yeah it definitely wasn't there. Although did you notice that they dubbed the 'the visitors are here' 'drop what you're doing' over his walking down the corridor.

looks like i'll be watching the repeats then.
                      Clark'sGirl

Comment

LOL! The Germans show bare breasts in shampoo commercials, but the Brits won't even show a bit of moaning.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Just watch it on the net, dont get any deleted scenes then!

Comment

i would think it was cut, as other people said. was on before 9pm.. dont want the kiddies seeing that and having to ask mum and dad what they were doing..

as for this other scene maybe they only have a certain time window and it went over time with that scene.

as for the core, its comprised of naquada

Comment

Yay Sky for cutting out the entirely unnecessary sex scene. No idea about the core-scene, though. Maybe you missed it or it was cut due to time. They've gotta cram in those commercials somewhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X