PDA

View Full Version : Rush's Opera

neufel
October 7th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Remember the scene in Rush's room ?

Does someone here, know what opera was played ?
I know it's a really difficult question... but I need it in order to sleep again (yeah, I'm not really counting on it, I know.)

Thanks for the eventual tips !

techwork
October 7th, 2009, 05:30 PM
This garbage of the ring nebelung. Hitler liked this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Ring_des_Nibelungen

Coronach
October 7th, 2009, 05:33 PM

Hitler also had a mustache and liked to paint. What does he have to do with anything?

With regards to the topic, I can't even hazard a guess as opera is not really my thing and it didn't strike me as familiar.

lordofseas
October 7th, 2009, 05:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Ring_des_Nibelungen

It's just music. Just because it's liked by one of the most hated people in history doesn't mean that the music is bad.

Coronach
October 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Ah! Wagner. It actually makes perfect sense :D

It's just music. Just because it's liked by one of the most hated people in history doesn't mean that the music is bad.

Indeed. I like Wagner...and have listened to parts of this. It must mean I'm Hitler :(

PacoJr67
October 7th, 2009, 05:42 PM
very fitting. it's about a ring that has the power to rule the world...

Cold Fuzz
October 7th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Ah! Wagner. It actually makes perfect sense :D

If you like Wagner, the Prelude to Act I of Parsifal is really good (very meditative), though it's all instrumental and no singing (which I like).

Coronach
October 7th, 2009, 07:02 PM
If you like Wagner, the Prelude to Act I of Parsifal is really good (very meditative), though it's all instrumental and no singing (which I like).

Nice, I might check it out. Instrumental (i.e. orchestral) pieces are really something I'm much more familiar with than straight Opera :D

Cold Fuzz
October 7th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Nice, I might check it out. Instrumental (i.e. orchestral) pieces are really something I'm much more familiar with than straight Opera :D

It's a very moving instrumental. It definitely runs the gamut in terms of emotion: Peace, triumph, loss, despair, and re-discovering hope (and in that order, too). It's all there.

neufel
October 8th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Wow, I wasn't expecting an answer this quickly !

Thank you guys, I'm impressed.

And I really liked your interpretation about the ring, PacoJr67. Thanks.