Ha'tak, 3 or 4 sided tetrahedron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha'tak, 3 or 4 sided tetrahedron

Hi, im relatively new to stargate, only started watching about 7 months ago. But one thing that struck me as odd was in the show the Ha'taks appear to have a 3 sided tetrahedron on the bottom when the pyramids in giza are 4 sided. Making all of the ones in the show unable to ever land on a pyramid. Is this just a "goof" or is there something I'm missing?

Hey, hey man. Welcome to the gate. As we see in the Stargate the movie, Ra uses a four sided mothership. Not exactly a Ha'tak, but able to land on a four sided pyramid. Also Anubis's mother ship never landed on anything, it just hovered over Jonas' planet. Ha'taks are built hovering (I forget the episode, but it is the one where Bray'tac and Ry'ac get captured and used as slave labor).

P.S. a tetrahedron is composed of four regular triangles. With a rectangular base, it is a pyramid
    Colorado Springs has a zoo. It does not have an O'Malley's.

Comment

It seemed to me that there were 2 classes of Hataks. One of the 4 sided varity, and one of the 3..

Comment

Yeah that makes sense, I never saw the original film. I meant the negative space on the underside of a ha'tak is that of a tetrahedron, a four sided polyhedron. I dont remember seeing 4 sided ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamebear View Post
          Hey, hey man. Welcome to the gate. As we see in the Stargate the movie, Ra uses a four sided mothership. Not exactly a Ha'tak, but able to land on a four sided pyramid. Also Anubis's mother ship never landed on anything, it just hovered over Jonas' planet. Ha'taks are built hovering (I forget the episode, but it is the one where Bray'tac and Ry'ac get captured and used as slave labor).

P.S. a tetrahedron is composed of four regular triangles. With a rectangular base, it is a pyramid
          Actually, if I remember correctly, at some point Teal'c equals a Ha'tak with the meaning of "pyramid ship", so that's about all Goa'uld mainships seen thus far, even Anubis', since his ship had a pyramid on top, albeit one with five sides that opened up (but that's a bit pushing it).

The three sided base pyramid thing has been a source of trouble for the showmakers and VFX departments. They had a triangular base pyramid core land on Juna's pyramid, which was a square based on.
          They had Asgards blueprints of Goa'uld ships literally showing a ship like ra's yatch, with the black scaffolding around it (so they literally made a new kind of model, instead of picking the one used for the show and trimming it down for the wire-display in schematics).

And that's not counting the curious idea of keeping the bottom of the triangle based cores open, when there's nothing they can land on. This alone is so problematic. If they had closed it, at least we could have had spare room to locate some known locations, like the large glider landing bay on the Mk-IIs (model introduced in the show with Sokar, without phasing out the other and older CGI model, featured later on in Orpheus, It's Good to be King and even in SGU's Air), or the huge computer room on Anubis' Ha'tak (Descent). Let's not mention the room where Ba'al kept a great many stargates.
          It's also very weird that despite having that black superstructure all around the pyramid core, the show makers really did their best to avoid showing anything of value located there. No bay, no large storage room, nothing. Yet it's more than likely offering far more room than this hollow pyramid core.

Go figure...
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
          X