wheres all the ancient citys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheres all the ancient citys

we know that for at least a thousand years the ancients have used earth as their crowing jewel. so that leads me to the point, wheres all the ancient cities most ancient stuff can last so long so how can a whole civilazation be gone. i know they mainly were in antcartica but otherwise theres nothing. even on other planets there seems to be no outpost where there should be and nothing but the devices that have weathered millions of years.

where did all these things go? any thoughts about it.
    time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
    sigpic

several million years is a long time, remember the ancients used to use stone buildings, they may have packed up all there technology before they left earth

Comment

yea i owuldnt be surprised the main building didnt just simply erode away...
      sigpic

Comment

Dakara lasted and that was one of the first planets settled by the Ancients.

Visit my Website

Comment

I think there are a few more out there like in remote areas like Paklarus and the one on earth and Windows of Opportunity Time machine. Most were probably claimed by the Goauld as their own but I think if we search certain areas in remote locations there are.

I wonder if there are cityships out there in our galaxy. A race that can control one of those could be a big threat even for us.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Most of their has just weathered to the point where it is either ruins or nothing depending on the climate take Vis Uban probably the only reason it survived is because of its size.
            http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

Dakara survived because it was in a very aird and dry climate.

In south america there are huge sculputres on the ground that can only be seen from the sky and theyve been there for thousands of year without change because the climate is very static

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                Dakara survived because it was in a very aird and dry climate.

In south america there are huge sculputres on the ground that can only be seen from the sky and theyve been there for thousands of year without change because the climate is very static

Agreed, centurys of climate change and bad wether bad be detromental to citys of this age, the meeting place of the great alliance was destroyed due to lightning, so many others could have gone the same way.

I would imagine there are no more than the 2 City ships we have encountered, maybe 1 or 2 more at a stretch but where they are we will probably never know.

As far as milky way is concerned I dont think there is much advanced stuff, any advanced areas id sumise where in Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                  Agreed, centurys of climate change and bad wether bad be detromental to citys of this age, the meeting place of the great alliance was destroyed due to lightning, so many others could have gone the same way.

I would imagine there are no more than the 2 City ships we have encountered, maybe 1 or 2 more at a stretch but where they are we will probably never know.

As far as milky way is concerned I dont think there is much advanced stuff, any advanced areas id sumise where in Pegasus.
                  Its quite possible Atlantis was the first of its kind and they just built more like it in Pegasus. There should however be older cities(not necessarily like Atlantis) that COULD have been protected by the shields. Teonas was protected by a shield. Merlins lab.
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

if it wasnt for the people that cared about it, rome wouldn't have any buildings from the romans left.

simply put - the primitives tore them down and used them for their own benefit

Comment

another possibility as to the lack of ancient cities is that millions of years ago, antarctica used to be a major continent that the ancients lived on that used to be warmer, since i doubt that they would have chosen to build origionally on an ice continent, so it could be that after all this time some of them might be burried under a couple miles of ice or long erroded.

and, theres also the possibility that the ancients didint actually colonize earth untill after they had spread out from dakara, which was the origional landing site of the ancients in this galaxy, and that they built city ships on earth that they eventually flew off to the pegasus galaxy since we do know that they built more than one city ship, its possible that they brought more than one with them to the PG and even though they never mentioned that another city ship except atlantis left for the PG, and theres no real evidence that any ever did, its still possible.

also, as i said above, they didint colonize earth untill sometime after arriving in this galaxy and furthermore, as weve seen in the past, the ancients had a tendency to only have one colony on a planet so just like lantia, the only city on earth was atlantis meaning that there wouldnt have been any other cities.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                        though they never mentioned that another city ship except atlantis left for the PG, and theres no real evidence that any ever did, its still possible.
                        you are forgetting the city ship that the atlantis team cannibalized the jumpers and drone weapons from

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                          you are forgetting the city ship that the atlantis team cannibalized the jumpers and drone weapons from
                          no i remembered that one but theres no evidence that it flew to the PG from earth and wasnt just built in the PG after they arrived, however i think its possible that other city ships, like the one above were flown to the PG.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Our cities wont last after we're gone, nor will our information.

If you've ever seen the documentaries dealing with "What would happen if mankind suddenlly vanished" without constant upkeep, our buildings and structures would eventually deteriorate, then crumble to dust.

The same thing probably happened to the Ancients, and along with climate change, nothing would be able to survive both the extreme cold, heavy rain, constant sunlight & arid conditions that it would eventually bring.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                              no i remembered that one but theres no evidence that it flew to the PG from earth and wasnt just built in the PG after they arrived, however i think its possible that other city ships, like the one above were flown to the PG.
                              No evidence it flew from MW to PG, However it did have a hyperdrive so it did have capability of doing so.

I think that the only Citys that will exist are the ones that like Atlantis have been hidden away with no chance of contact from anyone.

As we have seen in the MW there are alot of Ancient Ruins half destoryed, it would stand to reason that these ruins have been destroyed by people settling there in order to stamp there own mark on the area perhaps

Comment

Working...
                              X