PDA

View Full Version : Theory about why the Lucian Alliance attacked

Stormtrooper
October 4th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I mean, how retarded is the Lucian Alliance? They not only failed to capture Icarus Base, but blew up the whole planet and lost their entire attack fleet in the process. Didn't their spy tell them "Dudes, don't shoot the planet! It's unstable!!!"? All they had to do was take care of the Hammond and the planet was theirs. It was also hilarious watching the dimwits on board the Ha'taks wait for their destruction when the planet went boom. "Hey, look! The planet's become a huge fireball. Let's sit down and enjoy the spectacle!" For crying out loud, Ha'taks do have sensors! They should have also detected "a massive build up of energy from the planet" and gotten the hell out of there just like the Hammond did.

Thoughts?

Colonel Rebel
October 4th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I was surprised that they were the ones attacking too. I expected it to be some other enemy.

Confessor Rahl
October 4th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I was surprised that they were the ones attacking too. I expected it to be some other enemy.

Like who? :D

Saquist
October 4th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I mean, how retarded is the Lucian Alliance? They not only failed to capture Icarus Base, but blew up the whole planet and lost their entire attack fleet in the process. Didn't their spy tell them "Dudes, don't shoot the planet! It's unstable!!!"? All they had to do was take care of the Hammond and the planet was theirs. It was also hilarious watching the dimwits on board the Ha'taks wait for their destruction when the planet went boom. "Hey, look! The planet's become a huge fireball. Let's sit down and enjoy the spectacle!" For crying out loud, Ha'taks do have sensors! They should have also detected "a massive build up of energy from the planet" and gotten the hell out of there just like the Hammond did.

Thoughts?

Captain you hit it right on the head, sir.
This was highly contrived and poorly developed.

If you've never watched Stargate you'd never know WHO the Lucian Alliance is or why they're attacking. I have pegged this for lazy writing and inexcusable for a Pilot episode.

This pilot was entirely dependent on information on other series. It was not stand alone.

Jeff O'Connor
October 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM
There was a quote in the dialogue, I think it was Colonel Young; he asked how the hell the enemy acquired the intel to know to attack them. It's also never explicitly confirmed that it was the Lucian Alliance, either, but I think anyone posting on this site is in-the-know enough to disregard that.

I'm not saying this aspect wasn't done kind of poorly, because it was, and it's my major gripe with the pilot. (I also feel as the night went on, the premiere got better and better, but it also became a bit more followable for first-timers [such as my girlfriend] which is kind of... backwards, so there's that problem.) I'm just saying that I get the feeling there's a lot more than meets the eye to the Lucian Alliance showing up and getting themselves blown up.

Whoever leaked the intel, assuming it was someone who is now aboard the Destiny, may have omitted that little 'the planet will explode' fact in some way that was convincing enough to the LA that they fell for it. And given the climate of this series and how TPTB have described it, I think it's fairly safe to assume it was someone on our Ancient ship indeed. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I think we're supposed to mull over Rush, but I don't know, there are a lot of reasons for me to believe it wasn't him.

Confessor Rahl
October 4th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Whoever leaked the intel, assuming it was someone who is now aboard the Destiny, may have omitted that little 'the planet will explode' fact in some way that was convincing enough to the LA that they fell for it. And given the climate of this series and how TPTB have described it, I think it's fairly safe to assume it was someone on our Ancient ship indeed. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I think we're supposed to mull over Rush, but I don't know, there are a lot of reasons for me to believe it wasn't him.

I'm of this frame of mind, I don't see Rush as being a main antagonist, an anti-hero, sure, but he did not leak the info. I'd bet money on it.

Jeff O'Connor
October 4th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I'm of this frame of mind, I don't see Rush as being a main antagonist, an anti-hero, sure, but he did not leak the info. I'd bet money on it.

Same here. And the fact that he seemed so genuinely broken by the test's failure and then very little time transpired between then and the attack, plus he was so obsessed with trying to figure out the calculations still and he was still clueless as to how to dial the ninth chevron until Eli pointed something out to him during the attack... it just doesn't add up, really.

He's hiding something, that's for sure. But he isn't responsible for the attack. Even if the writers initially planned on that, they might have realized it was a bit too Baltar.

LORD MONK
October 4th, 2009, 09:58 AM
The Hammond should have and could have blown the LA all to little pieces. Thats what pissed me off. Other then that, I loved it. I mean come on, three ships.

Confessor Rahl
October 4th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Same here. And the fact that he seemed so genuinely broken by the test's failure and then very little time transpired between then and the attack, plus he was so obsessed with trying to figure out the calculations still and he was still clueless as to how to dial the ninth chevron until Eli pointed something out to him during the attack... it just doesn't add up, really.

He's hiding something, that's for sure. But he isn't responsible for the attack. Even if the writers initially planned on that, they might have realized it was a bit too Baltar.

Hah hah... I wasn't going to say anything, but my first thought was "that'd be waaayyyy too Baltar!"

Nemises
October 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Replace the words Lucian Alliance with Writers.

Madwelshboy
October 4th, 2009, 10:17 AM
If you've never watched Stargate you'd never know WHO the Lucian Alliance is or why they're attacking. I have pegged this for lazy writing and inexcusable for a Pilot episode.

Personally i dont see it like that, these no need to explain who the attackers are. The attack on the base is essentially a plot device to get people to the Destiny and nothing more. A freind of mine watched it, who as never seen an episode of either SG1 or SGA. I asked her "dont you want to know who the Lucian Alliance are?" Her responce was "No not really, it aint hard to understand the concept of bad aliens attaching our base".

Jeff O'Connor
October 4th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Hah hah... I wasn't going to say anything, but my first thought was "that'd be waaayyyy too Baltar!"

The funny thing is, my girlfriend said her favorite character was Rush, because 'every show needs a Baltar'. She at once both praised/adored the character and stated that she thinks he's a lot like him. So I'm torn on what to hope for in her regard, because I'd like Rush to be his own character, which, really, he is. We've been there, done that with Baltar -- or at least, anyone who watched BSG has.

Confessor Rahl
October 4th, 2009, 10:27 AM
The funny thing is, my girlfriend said her favorite character was Rush, because 'every show needs a Baltar'. She at once both praised/adored the character and stated that she thinks he's a lot like him. So I'm torn on what to hope for in her regard, because I'd like Rush to be his own character, which, really, he is. We've been there, done that with Baltar -- or at least, anyone who watched BSG has.

I can't imagine Rush in any circumstance being as whiny and weak as Baltar though. Seriously, did that guy ever NOT have a tear about to fall?

Orion Antreas
October 4th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Personally i dont see it like that, these no need to explain who the attackers are. The attack on the base is essentially a plot device to get people to the Destiny and nothing more. A freind of mine watched it, who as never seen an episode of either SG1 or SGA. I asked her "dont you want to know who the Lucian Alliance are?" Her responce was "No not really, it aint hard to understand the concept of bad aliens attaching our base".

Exactly. Same thing happened with me. They (as in those who I know who watched it, yet never watched SG-1 or SGA) don't get into it as some fans do. It's a tv series and people picking it apart like its real life.

Jeff O'Connor
October 4th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I can't imagine Rush in any circumstance being as whiny and weak as Baltar though. Seriously, did that guy ever NOT have a tear about to fall?

A few times. But they were always heightened in the 'dramatic effect' department because he wasn't being a whiny, weak *******. ;)

That's what's so different about Rush, that and I think at the end of the day Rush is going to prove himself to be stronger, at least in the literal sense. Whatever his game plan is, I don't think it's as petty as Gaius Baltar's 'me, me, me -- oh, wait, oops, did I do that... well, me, me, me' ideology. Personally, I found Baltar thoroughly enjoyable because he was so damned human in all the wrong ways, but I'm glad Rush doesn't seem like he's going to go in that particular direction.

He really feels fairly separate from Baltar, but there are some undeniable similarities. A few, not too many.

g.o.d
October 4th, 2009, 10:53 AM
SGU is not about who attacked the Icarus base and who didn't. It's about something else so I don't care who attacked them.

Azriel
October 4th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I think this thread has just summed up probably my only gripe with the pilot. Assuming it was the LA, what kind of a strategy is sending 3 warships to attack a small outpost, only to then get your asses handed to you when the planet blows up, taking the aforementioned 3 warships along with countless gliders and personnel along with it?

Unless the Hammond managed to disable their hyperdrives and this was never mentioned on screen either? XD

Helmar
October 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I found it great that they have no idea who attacked Icarus, the LA is just a guess from Carter and everyone involved in the attack is dead. So who cares about who attacked? It really doesn't matter to me if it were the LA, somebody from the UJN, little green dwarfs from Mars or even Furlings.

Colonel Sharp
October 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Is it just me, or does someone find it odd how we learned in SG-1 that we only needed a bazooka to shoot down a death glider, and now we can't even shoot down a flippin' troop transport (bigger and less maneuverable) with a RAIL RUN (better than bazooka)?

Helmar
October 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Perhaps they were out of range, doesn't matter or have you seen any enemy space marine entering the base?

Azriel
October 4th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Perhaps they were out of range, doesn't matter or have you seen any enemy space marine entering the base?

True, we never do see any enemy troops infiltrating the base so it's highly plausible they did manage to destroy it. If not with the rail guns with one of the 302s that were seen flying around.

Eternal Density
October 4th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Personally i dont see it like that, these no need to explain who the attackers are. The attack on the base is essentially a plot device to get people to the Destiny and nothing more. A freind of mine watched it, who as never seen an episode of either SG1 or SGA. I asked her "dont you want to know who the Lucian Alliance are?" Her responce was "No not really, it aint hard to understand the concept of bad aliens attaching our base".I'm of this mind. They showed what was necessary at the present time :D

dahok
October 4th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Grace aliens, the Aschen, Zombie Borg from "The Daedalus Variations". I dunno.

The last clip could have shown the Ha'taks turning back, but still getting obliterated. We had more info in advance, akin to Unending.

I suppose using Goa'uld ships means we'll be more fixated on the Destiny refugees than wondering who attacked us. But the writers did that attack all wrong... which has been discussed to death (myself included).

lmoroney
October 5th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I was actually hoping, when I first heard the details of the plot, that the attackers would remain unseen, and that it would be an ongoing mystery.

The writer in me even figured out a really nice twist to end the mystery due to a little McGuffin that's been in front of us since Day 1 :mckay:

Laurence

ijacen
October 5th, 2009, 10:04 AM
IIRC Col. Young questions Carter who the attackers are.
Young: "What do we got, Colonel. Lucian Alliance?
Carter: "That would be my guess. They haven't introduced themselves. They started shooting the minute they came out of hyperspace"

Miroslav
October 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM

Like some Ori worshipers in the Ori warship.

techwork
October 5th, 2009, 12:07 PM
This is Russian partisan . They just do not know that the USSR no longer exists. ;)

thekillman
October 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM
the last time a ha'tak jumped to hyperspace while near a massive explosion, it ended up millions of lightyears away. besides, our asgard sensors are much more advanced. by the time the LA detected it, it probably was too late to jump. or, they did not believe it was unstoppable and merely thought it would stop.

Rush contacting the LA is stupid, infact, it's ridiculous. the man wants to explore the destiny. if he did contact the LA, at least he should've done it after the Away team was sent and the main expedition had gone, so any problem was nicely solved for him and he didnt need to worry about survival.

the agressors seemed much stronger than usual. normally ha'tak bolts should barely damage, now the Hammond was taking such a beating.

the base shields, assuming merely a 304 shield generator and reactor was placed on the base, should've taken far more than that.

conclusion: the LA ships were much stronger than usual.

and they do not even need more advanced tech. the room above the shield generator is MASSIVE. the corridors are large and extravagant. rip out the interior and use the space with common sense, and your ship is 10x better than the standard ha'tak.

Buba uognarf
October 5th, 2009, 01:30 PM
the agressors seemed much stronger than usual. normally ha'tak bolts should barely damage, now the Hammond was taking such a beating.

the base shields, assuming merely a 304 shield generator and reactor was placed on the base, should've taken far more than that.

conclusion: the LA ships were much stronger than usual.

and they do not even need more advanced tech. the room above the shield generator is MASSIVE. the corridors are large and extravagant. rip out the interior and use the space with common sense, and your ship is 10x better than the standard ha'tak.

The Hammond lasted around 10 minutes against 3 Ha'taks, which puts them at about 1/10 the firepower of a Hive ship so actually thats about right for a Ha'tak based on what 3 Hives did in 'The Last Man;.

I don't get all this rubbish about 304 shields being able to supposedly last hours against Ha'taks. Consider this against a single Ha'tak a 304 could last 30 minutes! At the rate of fire we saw as well thats probably at least 5400 Ha'tak shots the Hammond absorbed which is pretty damn good considering we've seen Ha'taks destroy each other in less than a minute before.

I wish people would stop complaining that the 304 wank wagons are completely immune to all enemies.

Pepermint Jaffa
October 5th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Ok, based on the new information today with respect to the casting of Rhona Mitra...

She’ll play Kiva, described by the network as “a strong-willed commander of an alien incursion force. Kiva will do whatever it takes to safeguard her people even if it is at the ultimate expense of the Destiny crew.”

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/10/rhona-mitra-cast-in-recurring-sgu-role/

...here's my theory about why the LA (or whoever it was) attacked...

The LA were also trying to figure out how to dial the 9th Chevron. They had a spy on Icarus base or on Earth that told them that the humans were close to figuring it out (based on Eli solving the math equation). When the LA learned this, they attacked Icarus.

From the news release about Mitra, it says she leads an "incursion force." Could it be that the LA finally figures out how to dial the 9th Chevron too and this incursion force are people the LA sends to Destiny?

Maybe someone else has already suggested this, but if not, what do ya think?

Whatever the explanation is, the news about Rhona Mitra and the role she will be playing is very interesting.

RepliVeggie
October 5th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I find it unlikely there was a spy or she is LA. I think she was just originally cast as LA and they decided to go a different way. This person sounds caring. Like she doesn't want to hurt the Destiny crew but she will to save her people. I think she needs supplies or something and attacks.

Pepermint Jaffa
October 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I find it unlikely there was a spy or she is LA. I think she was just originally cast as LA and they decided to go a different way. This person sounds caring. Like she doesn't want to hurt the Destiny crew but she will to save her people. I think she needs supplies or something and attacks.

That's certainly possible. My only response is that I thought the TPTB have said that in season 1 they aren't going to encounter humanoid aliens. That's what makes me think this "incursion force" would be coming from our galaxy through the Stargate, unless Mitra will be playing an alien slug, or something like that. ;)

RepliVeggie
October 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Maybe they are gonna doll her up with make up and some gills or something that makes her alien. I don't consider LA aliens as said in the write-up.

hedwig
October 5th, 2009, 03:37 PM
If she's not aboard "The Destiny", then it seems to me her role would be shown in flashbacks since the attacking ships were destroyed in the premier episode. Unless, of course, there was a 4th ship we didn't see and it somehow escaped the destruction of a planet. It wouldn't be the first time ships have escaped massive destructions of a sun or planet (see SG1's Season 4's "Exodus").

Pepermint Jaffa
October 5th, 2009, 03:46 PM
If she's not aboard "The Destiny", then it seems to me her role would be shown in flashbacks

But, assuming the news release is accurate, it says that she "will do whatever it takes to safeguard her people even if it is at the ultimate expense of the Destiny crew." This suggests her role takes place after there's already a people on Destiny, i.e., not in flashbacks.

dahok
October 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Three thoughts:

1) If the attackers (LA) merge with the existing crew, then it becomes Voyager.
2) SGA had a similar event, but the incursion force was repelled, minus a prisoner that I do not recall what we did with.
3) Why are they recycling a SG-1 (minor) villain, and a lousy one at that?

Even if Mitra isn't an A-list celebrity, I don't see her sticking around for very long.

Alan Wake
October 5th, 2009, 04:00 PM
It's no theory about why they attacked... they're at war.

That's why.

J_schinderlin56
October 5th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I don't see how the LA attacking was that big of a deal. The 304's new shields can take several direct hits from multiple attacking Ori Toilet ships. A Hat'ak's weapons should be completely worthless fighting a ship like the Hamond. Sam should have just used the Asgard beams to blow the LA to kingdom come. Instead they jumped to hyperspace?
In AOT they let the Toilet ships use them for target practice for 5 minutes and made it out in one piece. Kenny's hive ship hit a 304 with the full force of it's ZPM, they made it out in one piece. Ha'taks- Give me a break.

Nemises
October 5th, 2009, 04:09 PM
plot device.

techwork
October 5th, 2009, 04:10 PM
This is not LA this is Russian partisan :)

hedwig
October 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM
But, assuming the news release is accurate, it says that she "will do whatever it takes to safeguard her people even if it is at the ultimate expense of the Destiny crew." This suggests her role takes place after there's already a people on Destiny, i.e., not in flashbacks.

This is true. But if her role is taking place in "real time" (not flashbacks), and she's not aboard the Destiny, it will be interesting to find out how she even knows where they are and what it is she has to safeguard her own people from if she may have to save them at the expense of those on the Destiny.:)

Urgh ... my brain hurts just thinking about possibilities ... :)

kennythewraith
October 5th, 2009, 05:02 PM
maybe she gets there because there was a ship that maybe jumped into hyperspace and got shot into another galaxy or watever like wat happened to apophis and sg1 and the destiny crew find them marrooned on a planet and decide to help without realizing they are LA.

timmciglobal
October 5th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Isn't it obvious?

I'd put money on it being the Dr "Look I'm baltar from BSG" being one who told the LA.

Tim

Giantevilhead
October 5th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I really doubt that it's the Lucian Alliance. They were never shown to be very smart or ambitious. They're a bunch of criminals and scavengers. I don't think they have the knowledge or expertise to deal with Ancient technology.

AVFan
October 5th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I don't think it matters- TPTB were looking for an enemy to use as a plot device, and rather than waste a cool new enemy, they pulled out a bad one.

This way there's no need for a whole lot of explanation of why "insert new enemy" attacked Icarus, and who they were.

We already knew that the Lucian alliance was a pain in the butt enemy that flared up from time to time like a rash, but really didn't need any sort of long explaination.

To give any sort of explanation now would be kind of counter productive to the series- which is about a group of people who go through the gate and get stranded on a ship. If the Alliance plays no part in the expedition, there is no reason to explain it.

Obviously, as fans, we would like to know. But the series is taking place from the viewpoint of the new crew of the Destiny, and there's no reason they would know, or really care to know at this point.

Sci-Fi
October 5th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Going to be hard for the writers to show why the Lucian Alliance would have an interest in another galaxy or openly attack someone when they can make almost unlimited black market cash behind the scenes.

Think Rhona Mitra is a good casting choice. Many Tomb Raider fans remember her as their most favorite 'Lara Croft' (she was the face of the game for years, even sang in the game). She'll make a good athletic heroine or antagonist. Everything depends on how the writers want the character to develop in SGU and what her/their goals are (other than returning home).

SGU does sound Voyager-ish with the planet of the week premise. Just hope the writers don't recycle the replicators as the main villain. If dialing the gate can re-visit some of those planets, then you might have some interesting stories/conflicts and re-occurring characters. Add a few (new) advanced races and SGU could become quite enjoyable to watch every week. But SGU just started and there's a lot of room for improvement before it finds its legs.

Miroslav
October 6th, 2009, 03:31 AM
@Bubba uongraf
Hammond should destroy all three ha'taks in just few minutes with it's asgard weapons.

latvian_stargatefan
October 6th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Why LA ships didn't escape:

1) Maybe "Hammond" managed to kill their engines so they didn't have an opportunity to do so. I mean, we didn't really see what damage was done to 304 and the Ha'taks. We can't really say that 304 didn't own them or they owned 304. Carter said "we barely managed to escape" not because of the Ha'taks but because of the planet exploding. We just saw the usual damage in the ship for some seconds that occurs always when someone shoots at your shields badly. We didn't see how it looked inside of Ha'taks, nobody told us what was the condition of their systems, shields etc.

2) They were probably ordered to gather and transfer as much of data as was possible from the planet so they were to stay there to the last minute, their sensors were weaker, systems probably not working very well because of meeting with 304 and that resulted in 3 less Ha'taks for the LA.

It's like it was said. They chose to show us what they thought was essential to the story, not all the details. Maybe they'll return to them later in the series, maybe they never will.

Buba uognarf
October 6th, 2009, 04:16 AM
@Bubba uongraf
Hammond should destroy all three ha'taks in just few minutes with it's asgard weapons.

It should have destroyed them in seconds with the Asgard weapons but my point was referring to the shields which people are saying preformed badly. Obviously for some reason or another the Hammond didn't have Asgard weapons installed.

Skydiver
October 6th, 2009, 05:50 AM
i think the lucian alliance was there just as a plot device. SOMEONE had to attack the base to trigger the need to evacuate. and the LA are convenient and a known quantity.

Wasn't going to be the Ori, thank goodness it wasn't ba'al (his last clone is supposed to be dead anyway)

I think the LA attacked for no other reason than 'hey, those tau'ri have a base. wonder what they're doing? not gonna let them have a foothold here, this is our corner of the universe'

MechaThor
October 6th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I like the idea mentioned above, that maybe one of the LA Hataks jumped into Hyperspace and got pushed by the explosion billions of miles away. However if that did happen its Very, VERY unlikely that it would end up the same place as the Destiny. I mean the Universe is massive and space is 3D. The Hatak could of gone anywhere, it could of even have gone billions of years away in the opposite direction to the Destiny.

If however the LA do manged to get to the Destiny, hopefully we might get them merging together with the main crew, Bringing new supplies and weapons to the Destiny.

Anyways it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

thekillman
October 6th, 2009, 08:21 AM
The Hammond lasted around 10 minutes against 3 Ha'taks, which puts them at about 1/10 the firepower of a Hive ship so actually thats about right for a Ha'tak based on what 3 Hives did in 'The Last Man;.

I don't get all this rubbish about 304 shields being able to supposedly last hours against Ha'taks. Consider this against a single Ha'tak a 304 could last 30 minutes! At the rate of fire we saw as well thats probably at least 5400 Ha'tak shots the Hammond absorbed which is pretty damn good considering we've seen Ha'taks destroy each other in less than a minute before.

I wish people would stop complaining that the 304 wank wagons are completely immune to all enemies.

i am not saying hours.

the goauld are surely weaker than the wraith. half an hour should be accomplishable. also, the Hammond acted like it was under bombardment from a hive or an ori mothership. and may i remind you that no ha'tak even dented an ori mothership?

Buba uognarf
October 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM
i am not saying hours.

the goauld are surely weaker than the wraith. half an hour should be accomplishable. also, the Hammond acted like it was under bombardment from a hive or an ori mothership. and may i remind you that no ha'tak even dented an ori mothership?

It lasted about 10 minutes against 3 ships maybe more which puts Ha'taks at around a 1/10 of a Hive in firepower. Maybe even less depending on how constant their bombardment was, the Hives in 'The Last Man' took turns at blasting the Phoenix afterall.

So yes the Goa'uld are much weaker than the Wraith! A Wraith cruiser we now know could infact maul a Ha'tak with its superior firepower. The Hammond's shields were holding at first, by comparison in 20 seconds of sporadic fire from two Hives the Phoenix had lost beam weapons and in 40 the hyperdrive was about to overload. So yes the Wraith are vastly superior and that was demonstrated in the engagement if people did a bit of evaluation and comparison.

Has an Ori ship ever sat in one spot and let a group of Ha'taks shoot it for 10+ minutes?

Pepermint Jaffa
October 6th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I think the LA attacked for no other reason than 'hey, those tau'ri have a base. wonder what they're doing? not gonna let them have a foothold here, this is our corner of the universe'

Could be. But I think there's more to it. I don't think it's a coincidence that they attacked so soon after Eli solved the math equation. My theory is that they attacked to try and stop them from dialing the 9th Chevron. I have nothing to back that theory up mind you, but that's my theory for now.

But whoever attacked Icarus (it's probably the LA, but it's only speculation at this point), I think they'll play a role as the season progresses.

Saquist
October 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Replace the words Lucian Alliance with Writers.

Sir, I'm just saying a plot device has to be developed other wise it comes off as a bit anti-dues machina. Instead of solving the problem out of the blue the problem appears out of the blue.

People were bound not to care because the attention to it was so minimal but that doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

RepliVeggie
October 6th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I really hope the LA plays no other roll then to attack Icarus. Please tptb. I think they were the perfect enemy for the pilot. I would have hate to see rogue jaffa do it.

My idea as to how they could have gotten there was the LA found some beaming tech from Baal/Anubis' ships and at the last second the bases anti-beaming shield fell and they beamed through the gate to a different part of the ship but that is very very far fetched.