This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USS Gomer Pyle...(of pooh)

They should rename the Hammond the USS Gomer Pyle....(of flying pooh) for its ridiculous and lackluster introduction. What a huge let down. Please use this as a place to vent your anger/frustration concerning the way the ship was written into the story.

Yesssss
    Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
    SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

it wasnt written into the story here, it was already in the story at EATG. besides, it was not complete. atleast, not in EATG and according to malozzi, it's a week or so since that

Comment

Guys, this is a thread to vent frustration. Not a place to explain the LAME "it wasn't ready" story over and over again. It's been done to death and so typical. According to the writers, a day in the life of the Uber powerfull Earth ship (that can basically use any other ship know to man as a chew toy) goes something like this..........
        Monday - ships not ready and gets owned by a couple of vastly inferior flying turds.
        Tuesday - ship catches a virus and doesn't work at all.
        Wednesday - Humanity in dire need of ship but's unavailable of doing secret mission.
        Thursday - Nothing going on in the Universe so ship just sits there looking pretty.
        Friday - Ship security went to party at bar for happy hour and ship is infultrated/stolen by aliens. Everyone wonders how the FFFFF something like this happened.
        Saturday - Ship is armed with new even more bad*ssery weapons.
        Sunday - Ship encounter everyday alien they should own but low and behold the enemy also has new secret weapon that is even better and completely owns earth ship along with all it's sister ships. SG teams farts out a plan to sneek onto enemy ship and blow it up.
        Next Monday - Ship gets suprise attacked. Weapons have not been repaired from last shaty battle. Shields hold but wires, sparks, and stuff are falling from the ceiling. Rails guns shoot at bad guys and bounce of enemy shields. Then jump into hyperspace just for the FFFF of it.

Tuesday - show is canceled
        Wednesday - new SG show pilot with same uber powerfull retardedly underacheiving earthships.
        Thursday - and so on.

Comment

Why the **** do you watch the show, if you obviously hate it so bad. I dont understand, what is wrong with you kind of people. If something pisses you off so bad, why do you watch it and take the time to post comments about it. Just move onto the next show already.

Comment

Mckay calm down. I loved the pilot, and i'm willing to overlook a few problems with it to see where it goes because it really does seem like a great way to reignite the franchise after the debacle that was unending.

But that battle was a joke. It should take all of 10 seconds for a 304 to wipe any small Ha'tak fleet out of existence. Asgard beam weapons can destroy an ancient warship in 2 or 3 shots, but apparently they can't kill a ha'tak. It's kind of a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
              Mckay calm down. I loved the pilot, and i'm willing to overlook a few problems with it to see where it goes because it really does seem like a great way to reignite the franchise after the debacle that was unending.

But that battle was a joke. It should take all of 10 seconds for a 304 to wipe any small Ha'tak fleet out of existence. Asgard beam weapons can destroy an ancient warship in 2 or 3 shots, but apparently they can't kill a ha'tak. It's kind of a joke.
              To be fair the Hatak's ambushed both the base and the Hammond. The Asgard Beams could have been knocked out in the initial first few shots. Especially if the LA knew where to hit the 304.

Also at the end of EATG, all Earth ships where crippled, the unfinished Hammond might have been the only one left that was in any state to fly.

Of course it was a bad move to forget years of canon and not explain it. But the Hammond situation was not the most important factor in that episode, after all itr was a pilot for a new series. Also how boring would it have been if it was...

- Hataks appear in orbit
              - Hammond turns to face the Hataks
              - Hataks destroyed before the SGU cast can even put down their wine glasses.
              sigpic
              Banner Made By Me for Me
              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

the fact that the ship sucked in battle wasnt the problem, i agree. the lack of explanation is.

Comment

This is commy Hat'ak. And you know what they are Ugly?
                  Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                  SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

304 weapons were given to Earth by the Asgard to primary fight the Ori threat, that’s why they worked well on the Ori Mother Ships. Same with the Asuran Ships.... Asuran and Ancient are the same and the Ancients and Ori and the same race using similar Tech....No one knows how Asgard beams will affect a Ha’tak.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

The Hammonds shield's stood up to the Hatak's with ease. Can't remember the figure (if a figure was said) but I'm sure Marks basically said it wasn't hurting them. We only saw the railguns being used so the obvious thing was that the beam weaponry was knocked out or not installed. She was only doing milkruns after.

Sure, very stupid oversight of TPTB in not including a throwaway line but meh.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        Also at the end of EATG, all Earth ships where crippled, the unfinished Hammond might have been the only one left that was in any state to fly.
                        Is this a spoiler? I thought the Oddy was on a 'secret mission' and nothing further is known about its 'current' status?
                        sigpic
                        Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

reminds me of how traveler ships were able to defeat evil asgards tech. what BULL!
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it was the first time since the 9th season of SG-1 that I appreciated a space battle on a Stargate show.

In fact, I'd like to watch a tv movie that brings the SG-1 team back in time - before the last episode of SG-1 - to erase every information about that damn Asgard beam weapon. I hated this weapon since the beginning... It destroys everything, including the suspense and the fear during a space battle. How did they come up with that horrible idea?
                            So say we all!

Comment

Originally posted by solid-snake56 View Post
                              I think it was the first time since the 9th season of SG-1 that I appreciated a space battle on a Stargate show.

In fact, I'd like to watch a tv movie that brings the SG-1 team back in time - before the last episode of SG-1 - to erase every information about that damn Asgard beam weapon. I hated this weapon since the beginning... It destroys everything, including the suspense and the fear during a space battle. How did they come up with that horrible idea?
                              solidsnake56 Just wait until Destiny has to defend itself - they need to fix some holes before new ones are put in - so don't bet on a new era of no horrible ideas. Maybe a massive ion storm generator/EMP pulse defensive weapon or something (Dakara weapon is similar in age right?)

As for this thread making it sound like the Hammond's first battle was a lackluster performance - responses to surprise attacks often are. Cue up Sun Tzu (And I'm not talking about the 304!)

hmmm "He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious." - Sun Tzu

They stood their ground, rescued as many people on the planet detectable by sensors, retrieved Colonel Telford (by 302 or Asgard beam as well) and escaped before the planet went crtiical - unlike their enemy who's victory was short. No spoils for them whatever they wanted from Icarus.

Plenty of other places to see Pew Pew anyway too LOL
                              sigpic
                              Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Working...
                              X