PDA

View Full Version : Daniel's Training videos /DJ's videos on MGM site

escyos
October 4th, 2009, 09:15 PM
What do you think all those video(s) were about? Why make some thing like that? Dont you think they would be a serious security risk? If they got out, so does pretty much everything.

zorviny
October 4th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Well I imagine since the Stargate program has been operation to close to 20 years now, that it is difficult to sit someone down and give them a stack of reports - and say read through this. The videos are probably a way simpler way to bring someone up to speed.

Seeing as there is also an ever increasing size to SG personnel - Hell I imagine they had to even brief the Mess people who were on Icarus base.

The video I'd like to see is the one on dialing gates to planets with a black hole... yeah about that :)

Xiphias
October 4th, 2009, 09:33 PM
What if they only kept encrypted digital copies, aboard ships. Anyone already aboard could just tell people about the Stargate program.

Anubis10545
October 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM
The videos are probably a really effective way of explaining 15 years of history without having someone say all that stuff personally, and it probably goes into greater detail and is able to explain things faster... with pictures :D . It would almost be crazy if they didn't have a video.

naskgil
October 4th, 2009, 09:54 PM
The idea of using Daniel is great, since they can always discredit him as a lunatic by showing people his pyramid research. Also they would say that these videos were made by Daniel alone and the idea that they would be made by the air force is of course ridiculous.

The problem is aliens getting all our juicy knowledge, but then they propably have better ways of getting info than stealing my movies.

hermiodyssey
October 4th, 2009, 10:08 PM
i liked the cut of DJ's jib in them videos

Confessor Rahl
October 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Ooooooorrrr if it got out, they might just say something along the lines of "oh that's just Daniel Jackson, he was crazy a decade ago and he's being crazy now. nice special effects though, he really got into it this time!" Seriously, the videos getting out would be nothing, easy to discredit, especially considering the reputation of the source outside of SGC.

jelgate
October 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I don't see whats the harm. Its just a training video. As for a leak its no more dangerous then some other stuff that can be leaked to the public like a naquadah generator for example

Inquisitor
October 4th, 2009, 11:25 PM
They were protected by DRM and could only be watched once? Yes, this evil spreads everywhere! The Kino's footage is also DRM protected... :P

Uncle Tobias
October 4th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Jackson was proclaiming about aliens before being recruited and was laughed at then, so if one got out they'd just say he was up to his old tricks again ;)

bfldworker
October 5th, 2009, 12:03 AM
The idea of using Daniel is great, since they can always discredit him as a lunatic by showing people his pyramid research. Also they would say that these videos were made by Daniel alone and the idea that they would be made by the air force is of course ridiculous.

The problem is aliens getting all our juicy knowledge, but then they propably have better ways of getting info than stealing my movies.

What was said in the beginning of the episode Wormhole X-Treme?
Plausible Deniability. In that reference if anything got out about the Stargate Program that could point to that show. In this case they could point to Daniel Jackson's "Label" in the archeological field. "He's a whack job, pay no attention."

SaberBlade
October 5th, 2009, 12:10 AM
They were protected by DRM and could only be watched once? Yes, this evil spreads everywhere! The Kino's footage is also DRM protected... :P

"Sorry, but this introduction video to Stargate Command operations and Homeworld Security has passed it's 24 hour rental date. Please purchase this product or rent again. Season pass also available for the full set of introduction videos."

I don't think these are just something that you'd be able to just access from any computer, or even on disc. It's probably all part of some dedicated SGC system that allows them to be transferred to Earth ships.

Encoder
October 5th, 2009, 12:10 AM

Hahahah that's funny...:sheppard:

Unless the Kino was made by Sony, then it comes with DRM and a Rootkit :P

akren
October 5th, 2009, 12:30 AM
The DMR & rootkit are on the other tape about Ascenion. ;)

P-90_177
October 5th, 2009, 12:40 AM
i'm not seeing how the tapes are any more of a security risk than say.....the stacks of sg team reports, all the technology they've brought back, or any of the aliens that seem to be living on earth these days. I'm guessing those videos are kept exclusively at the SGC and on the 304's. hell the 304's probably have their own set too for an introduction to the ships....kinda like "Hi! I'm Colonel Steven Caldwell"

reddevil18
October 5th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Namaste!

Eternal Density
October 5th, 2009, 02:00 AM
i'm not seeing how the tapes are any more of a security risk than say.....the stacks of sg team reports, all the technology they've brought back, or any of the aliens that seem to be living on earth these days. I'm guessing those videos are kept exclusively at the SGC and on the 304's. hell the 304's probably have their own set too for an introduction to the ships....kinda like "Hi! I'm Colonel Steven Caldwell"I couldn't agree more, this is no different to any other classified document, except maybe a little more 'reader friendly'.
LOLCaldwell! :P You've got me imagining that now.

reddevil18
October 5th, 2009, 02:03 AM
"Hi, my name is Sgt. Siler. In this video, I will show you how to survive being the unluckiest person in the SGC."

kingzing
October 5th, 2009, 02:17 AM
"Hi, my name is Sgt. Siler. In this video, I will show you how to survive being the unluckiest person in the SGC."

lol, the poor Sgt. always seems to have the worst luck.

On a side note, this is my 100th post!!!

Hotep Ka Heru'ur
October 5th, 2009, 02:29 AM
I hope these videos get leaked soon.

Eternal Density
October 5th, 2009, 02:36 AM
"Hi, I'm Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman. In this presentation, I will explain proper chevron calling and iris control procedure. Once that's done, I'll share some tips on anticipating your commanding officer's needs."

"Hello. My name's Ronon Dex. Kill the Wraith, all of them, by any means possible. For more details, find me in the gym. End of presentation."

ckwongau
October 5th, 2009, 04:03 AM
i am happy ,because the stargate may not go public in the forseeable future, maybe not even Daniel own life time, consider Daniel has been dead about 4 or 5 time since the stargate Movies.

At least we know Daniel will one day be recognise as the gate discover ,and people will actually stay 4 to 5 hour for Daniel lecture in front of a TV or holo screen.

I still remember the people walking out of Daniel's lecture in the Stargate movies

Sp!der
October 5th, 2009, 04:17 AM
yeah, i wondered why Samantha Carter did not commented those videos?! although it was hilarious to see Daniel Jackson! ;)

Monak
October 5th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I really loved the Daniel videos it was quite a laugh. During the encore my friends and I thought up some great videos for him. Wearing Glasses Again with Daniel Jackson and A Thousand Ways To Die with Daniel Jackson just to name a couple.

boookal
October 5th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I thought those videos were hilarious. Any Lost viewers out there should have immediately recognized the parody to the Darma videos.

TheRandomOne
October 5th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I want to see Eli meet Daniel

Eli - "Hey you are the guy in those videos"

Daniel - "Yep thats me"

Eli - "Did you seriously die all of those times"

Daniel - "Yep"

thekillman
October 5th, 2009, 08:48 AM
make it so the video can only play on Stargate programme computers. i bet that after all the crystal technology and computers, they have some form of highly advanced linux or windows Atlantis custom operating programme on their laptops. so any normal computer is useless

Blistna
October 5th, 2009, 09:19 AM
What do you think all those video(s) were about? Why make some thing like that? Dont you think they would be a serious security risk? If they got out, so does pretty much everything.

I don't think, if they "got out", that people would believe it. I mean Daniel Jackson is a discredited archeologist in the real world...and HE IS MAKING the video? Yea right...It's not real! He's a fraud!

...it'll go something like that.

Mealla McAllister
October 5th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I really like the videos. :)

"Hi, I'm Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman. In this presentation, I will explain proper chevron calling and iris control procedure. Once that's done, I'll share some tips on anticipating your commanding officer's needs."

"Hello. My name's Ronon Dex. Kill the Wraith, all of them, by any means possible. For more details, find me in the gym. End of presentation."

:ronan:

We shouldn't forget McKay's video. "I'll begin with a few observations on a subject that is both near and dear to my heart: leadership." Finally he can say the things to the poor new scientists. Including a package audio material he collected. Hours of it.

Helmar
October 5th, 2009, 09:51 AM
"Hi I'm Daniel Jackson, I have now been recording videos for 30 days and now General O'Neill deleted them with magnets!"

jollyrogue
October 5th, 2009, 10:26 AM
These videos should actually be released to us, maybe on the mgm website or on a season 1 box set.. Along with Eli's photos he has taken on his phone.

That would be a good thing :P

EternalAlteran
October 5th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Probably about Ascension, perhaps the accomplishments of SG-1. Maybe one about the Atlantis Expedition, the Wraith, the Goa'uld, the Lucian Alliance, the Asgard, the Ancients, the Stargate and who knows what more

creed462
October 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
They probably use an undisclosed codex, I can see Daniel's safety video. Now Chances are your chances of revival are slim to none, so watch yourself

Wolf
October 5th, 2009, 04:54 PM
haha, i thought the Daniel videos were really good.

Wow, so even the Ancients had to live with DRM and the DCMA?? That doesn't exactly inspire confidence for our hopes of moving past that ;P

Aurora24
October 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I loved the training video scene, and afterward thought of a great add for them if the Stargate program ever becomes public knowledge. Inspired by the video scene and by the conversation between Eli and Rush about Ascension when Rush says there is more than one video.

"Hi I'm Dr. Daniel Jackson. Are you confused about the Stargate? Does the new information your learning everyday about the Stargate program leave you more and more confused? I have the solution for you right here in my video Beginners Guide to the Stargate.

And right now you can take advantage of a very special offer! Along with Beginners Guide to the Stargate I will include my 12 Steps to Ascension Because traveling through the galaxy is dangerous, being in the proper frame of mind will (hopefully) prevent your death if you are stabbed, shot, poisoned, or otherwise fatally injured. By following my helpful 12-step program you can ascend to a higher plane of existence instead of heading off to the afterlife.*"
Also by Dr. Daniel Jackson Coping with life after Ascension the perfect book for former Ascended Being who for whatever reason (voluntary or otherwise) have re-taken corporal form. This handy guide video helps you to settle into a normal life and deal with all those pesky problems, such as significant memory loss.

*Neither Dr. Jackson nor any SGC personnel or affiliates can guarantee the success of an individual attempting to Ascend without the aid of an Ascended being. Dr. Jackson, the SGC, and affiliates cannot be subject to civil or criminal charges in the result that an attempt at Ascension should fail.

Joe
October 5th, 2009, 07:10 PM
These videos should actually be released to us, maybe on the mgm website or on a season 1 box set.. Along with Eli's photos he has taken on his phone.

I think that will a good to get people up speed on sga and sg1 so they can find out about the back story of the stargates and more. Put them on the dvd's / blue ray and on demand

Blackbow
October 6th, 2009, 03:32 AM
I loved the training video scene, and afterward thought of a great add for them if the Stargate program ever becomes public knowledge. Inspired by the video scene and by the conversation between Eli and Rush about Ascension when Rush says there is more than one video.

"Hi I'm Dr. Daniel Jackson. Are you confused about the Stargate? Does the new information your learning everyday about the Stargate program leave you more and more confused? I have the solution for you right here in my video Beginners Guide to the Stargate.

And right now you can take advantage of a very special offer! Along with Beginners Guide to the Stargate I will include my 12 Steps to Ascension Because traveling through the galaxy is dangerous, being in the proper frame of mind will (hopefully) prevent your death if you are stabbed, shot, poisoned, or otherwise fatally injured. By following my helpful 12-step program you can ascend to a higher plane of existence instead of heading off to the afterlife.*"
Also by Dr. Daniel Jackson Coping with life after Ascension the perfect book for former Ascended Being who for whatever reason (voluntary or otherwise) have re-taken corporal form. This handy guide video helps you to settle into a normal life and deal with all those pesky problems, such as significant memory loss.

*Neither Dr. Jackson nor any SGC personnel or affiliates can guarantee the success of an individual attempting to Ascend without the aid of an Ascended being. Dr. Jackson, the SGC, and affiliates cannot be subject to civil or criminal charges in the result that an attempt at Ascension should fail.

:lol:

Sad as it may sound.... I think I'd buy that! <green>

aaronwt
October 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM
i'm not seeing how the tapes are any more of a security risk than say.....the stacks of sg team reports, all the technology they've brought back, or any of the aliens that seem to be living on earth these days. I'm guessing those videos are kept exclusively at the SGC and on the 304's. hell the 304's probably have their own set too for an introduction to the ships....kinda like "Hi! I'm Colonel Steven Caldwell"

I would hope they wouldn't be using tapes.

amconway
October 6th, 2009, 09:21 AM
It's no more of a risk than a mission report. One assumes that it was filmed 'in-house.' ;)
It's actually a clever way to bring new employees up to speed with out wasting time repeating the same thing to each new person. And Daniel was the perfect choice. Loved the video scene. (I just wish it hadn't provided half the humor in the show. *sigh*). I especially loved 'Hi! I'm Daniel Jackson! You've been hearing the term hyperspace for years--' *snicker*

ROTFL!!!!

VSS
October 6th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I think that will a good to get people up speed on sga and sg1 so they can find out about the back story of the stargates and more. Put them on the dvd's / blue ray and on demand

Oh, what a great idea that would be! Though it's more fun to watch the shows.

I agree it's an in-joke on Daniel (they should have thrown McKay or Sam in there, too).

But I also think they're taking a poke at the scifi in Stargate. Some people take that canon and continuity pretty seriously, and I think this might be TPTB's way of communicating how things will be in SGU, as if the audience is Eli- just look at the poor guy's reaction! I think they're saying, "Yeah, here's this enormous amount of techy stuff we did, don't worry about it, you're not going to need it going forward."

From the debates going on about FTL vs. hyperdrive, the need for an ancient gene (or not), why the Hammond couldn't handle three ha'taks, and coming out of the gate at high speed, I think the de-emphasis on the science part of science fiction is already happening, and fans have noticed. But TPTB wanted a more accessible show, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

toby1kanobi
October 6th, 2009, 12:31 PM
What if they only kept encrypted digital copies, aboard ships. Anyone already aboard could just tell people about the Stargate program.

you would think they would allready know about tthe program b4 going aboard it they were crew. ppl tend to wonder where the hyperspace generators came from lol, not an easy question to answer unless they use ebay

aretood2
October 6th, 2009, 12:45 PM
you would think they would allready know about tthe program b4 going aboard it they were crew. ppl tend to wonder where the hyperspace generators came from lol, not an easy question to answer unless they use ebay

Eli didn't know.

toby1kanobi
October 6th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Eli didn't know.

i think i should have been more clear, i was mainly refferint to crew. sorry i didnt make that apparent

although some of the posts here pointing out that there are hundreds of sgc and 304 personal and they cant all read all the reports is very true and a good point i think

akren
October 6th, 2009, 08:25 PM

LMFAO, ROTFL!! :) :lol: Green for you! :D *runs off to Amazon.com to buy his copies from Stargate-aholics Anonymous in conjuction with the USAF & IOA*. :)

DepletedZPM
October 6th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I almost expected O'Neill to come out at the end to say, "College football is played on Saturdays; pro on Sundays. And there are no fish in my pond."

Aurora24
October 7th, 2009, 07:52 PM
End note by Jack: "And finally kids, anyone with glowy eyes and a snake in their head can't be trusted, no matter what. Also might want to avoid anyone who tries to stick their hand in your head, its really unpleasant. Oh and avoid those Ancient head suckers!

Ripple in Space
October 8th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I don't think the videos are an added security risk at all.

1.) Everything related to the SGC is a security risk.

2.) To the outside world Daniel Jackson is considered a crazy humiliated recluse.

REPORTER: Can you comment about the tapes?
GENERAL O'NEILL: You mean the ones made by the "aliens hang out in the Great Pyramids" guy? All I have to say is that he's probably been watching too much Wormhole X-treme and the United States Air Force wishes him well.

Encoder
October 8th, 2009, 08:47 AM

I loved Ronan's mission report!

Even Woolsey did on some level :P

:sheppard:

Pharaoh Atem
October 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM

a sgc documentary on how the stargate program works. the videos are probably used in the training of new personal

DJFavorite
October 8th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Me and another friend has already put the 'request in' to the guy who does all the 'extras' for the dvds.... My guess though, is that there isn't enough real footage to make an extra for the dvd's.

wraithjunkie
October 8th, 2009, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=Eternal Density;10672874]"Hi, I'm Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman. In this presentation, I will explain proper chevron calling and iris control procedure. Once that's done, I'll share some tips on anticipating your commanding officer's needs."

I need a copy of this video, it would help me sooooo much! :sam59:

Anyway everything would probably be classified Top Secret and above and would be kept locked up, if anything went missing they would have records of who had it and they would get a right rollicking. Just my thoughts.

The videos would be cool to see as extras on the DVDs as others have said. Hope they do it.

Replicator Todd
October 8th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I doubt the public would believe these videos, "ha its loony Jackson again making up crazy stories!" It was cool having him in such a small cameo though, although I wanted something more....

DJFavorite
October 8th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Our wish is MGM's command

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1654/index.html

TheRandomOne
October 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Are we going to see all of the videos ?

PacoJr67
October 8th, 2009, 03:21 PM
well that explains a bit about the planet...

Mealla McAllister
October 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks for posting the link, I wouldn't have noticed.

Yeah, I'd love to see the "Hyperspace" one ;)

Eternal Density
October 8th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Yes, I vote hyperspace also. But that one that's up now was excellent.

TheRandomOne
October 8th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Yes, I vote hyperspace also. But that one that's up now was excellent.

I vote all of them

Andron
October 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Just saw the vid and it actually explains why the planet exploded, cause the core of the planet consisted of Naquadria. Now the explosion makes sense!

I hope to see more of the vids soon!

PG15
October 8th, 2009, 04:48 PM
From the debates going on about FTL vs. hyperdrive, the need for an ancient gene (or not), why the Hammond couldn't handle three ha'taks, and coming out of the gate at high speed, I think the de-emphasis on the science part of science fiction is already happening, and fans have noticed. But TPTB wanted a more accessible show, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Actually, I don't think it's so much de-emphasizing science, but rather made-up science. In Part 2 they had the scene where...

...they were examining the air filters, and Rush started talking about Calcium Carbonate and Lithium Hydroxide. That's pretty, uh, science-y. Their goal was to make things more realistic, and while science is realistic, made up jargon like hyperspace and plasma beam weapons aren't.

aretood2
October 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Our wish is MGM's command

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1654/index.html

I miss Daniel :(

...He is such an history person thingy...SG-1 season 6 just wasn't the same with out him. And SGA always missing something (Daniel)

Jeff O'Connor
October 8th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I really hope the third SG-1 telefilm is produced, because that would give us close to two hours of his banter again.

Encoder
October 8th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I miss Daniel :(

...He is such an history person thingy...SG-1 season 6 just wasn't the same with out him. And SGA always missing something (Daniel)

Yeah but we got to meet Jonas, awesome dood, even Jack eventually came round!

madaboutdanny
October 9th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Yeah but we got to meet Jonas, awesome dood, even Jack eventually came round!

Who :confused: I can't stand him. Let's talk about Daniel, please :)

Encoder
October 9th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Who :confused: I can't stand him. Let's talk about Daniel, please :)

Well Daniel and Jonas saw eye to eye on a lot and eventually became friends...

Perhaps you could get Jonas to put a good word in for you with Daniel!

SG_Gundam
October 10th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I'm sure you guys are wondering if there's a full video that they made. And they did! They actually made 2 of them. One on the Stargate and one on Hyperspace. The official MGM Stargate site has the full videos up now! Here they are:
Dr. Jackson on the Stargate (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1654/index.html).

Dr. Jackson on Hyperspace (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1660/index.html).

Dr. Jackson on the Goa'uld (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1671/index.html)

Dr. Jackson on the Lucian Alliance (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1670/index.html)

Dr. Jackson on Ascension (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1669/index.html)

Dr. Jackson on the Ancients (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1666/index.html)

Enjoy guys and gals!

"And behind me is a Stargate."

Edit: Found the Hyperspace video and included it in the post. Enjoy!
Edit x2: Updated with the LA, Ascention, Goa'uld and the Ancients videos.

discodiva
October 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM
"Hyperspace" (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1660/index.html) is now up...:daniel:

Deeds xx

DJFavorite
October 10th, 2009, 02:05 PM
"Hyperspace" (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1660/index.html) is now up...:daniel:

Deeds xx

thanks for letting us know!!!

PacoJr67
October 10th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

Andron
October 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Interesting vid. Like the last bit in which he said that he doesn't really know how Hyperspace actually functions :p

Mealla McAllister
October 11th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks for posting the link :) I also like the bit where he admits that he doesn't really knows about it.

Zrix
October 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Neato.

Lightning Ducj
October 12th, 2009, 04:36 PM
So why did Dr. Jackson do the one on hyperspace? Why not Carter?

Lightning Ducj
October 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM
"Hi, I'm Dr, Jackson, behind me is a Stargate, so to all those archeologists...HA! I was right!!!"

Lightning Ducj
October 12th, 2009, 04:41 PM
"Hello, I'm Dr.Jackson, and you're not"

discodiva
October 12th, 2009, 11:05 PM
We now have information on The Ancients (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1666/index.html)

Thanks to MSOL (http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml) for the heads up!!...:daniel:

Deeds xx

Encoder
October 13th, 2009, 01:10 AM

Deeds xx

Is it just a single vid or is it all the vids that Eli watched?

abstractrobbie
October 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM
"Hello, I'm Dr Daniel Jackson and behind me, is the old MGM SG set which used to earn me a lot of money as an actor"

abstractrobbie
October 13th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Just how cheesy is that grin and pat on the back at the start of the hyperspace vid

discodiva
October 13th, 2009, 11:11 PM
The video on Acension (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1666/embed_vid/984/index.html) is now up....:daniel:

(which at the moment is NOT working..:mad:)...however I think you can access it from clicking on one of the previous links and finding it on the MGM page...

Love the comedy eyelash batting at the end!!...:P

Deeds xx

Kick-Kinsey
October 14th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Jackson was the prefect choice

Before he comes to SG he's already dismissed as a tinfoil head by the media and science community
Only the military and a small group of people knows Jackson's really a great scientist

If his video leaks out, they can dismiss it
Jackson in the eyes of the public is a raving lunatic
They will just say this is the ranting of some UFO 911Truther woo-woo head

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
October 14th, 2009, 02:33 AM
actually there are now 4 one on the ancients and one on ascension

Guffawstev
October 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Dr. Jackson on the Lucian Alliance (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1670/index.html):daniel:

the fifth man
October 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
These are so great. They really are.

Lightning Ducj
October 14th, 2009, 09:42 PM
actually there are now 4 one on the ancients and one on ascension

"Hello, I'm Dr. Jackson and I would tell you all about ascension except I had my memory erased so you'll just have to figure it out for yourself like they keep telling me, those little..."

discodiva
October 14th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Hit of the series for me so far.....:daniel:

Deeds xx

Lord Kira
October 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I love these! I wonder how many of these videos they have filmed.

Encoder
October 14th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I love these! I wonder how many of these videos they have filmed.

They should probably put them all on the DVD's as special features!

It'd make an awesome addition!

amconway
October 14th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Yep, these videos are absolutely my favorite part of SGU. I'm really enjoying them!

thekillman
October 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
i hate MGM for not doing this sooner

AVFan
October 15th, 2009, 02:06 PM
He's feeding his fish!! ROFL Reminds me of Mr. Rogers... haha

These are great. It's like they're taking all the information from the show and combining it into bite sized portions.

TheRandomOne
October 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I want to hear Daniel go on about how he hates the non interference rule with the ancients & why are they using tapes ? & those are not his fish aren't they Jonas's ? How long do fish live ? Before Jonas walked through the gate he asked Daniel to feed his fish

amconway
October 15th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I want to hear Daniel go on about how he hates the non interference rule with the ancients & why are they using tapes ?

It might say something about that in his journal, but it wouldn't be appropriate for an introductory video. Folks don't usually rant in those. ;) He hinted at it, though! Besides, he says he doesn't remember much about it. He knows what SG-1 could tell him and what little he remembers.

Not tapes, DVDs, at least that's what Daniel said. Why not DVDs? Big timesaver in filling in the newbs....

& those are not his fish aren't they Jonas's ? How long do fish live ? Before Jonas walked through the gate he asked Daniel to feed his fish

Daniel had fish before he ascended. Some live a very long time. These may or may not be his fish, depending on the type of fish they are and if someone thought to feed them before Jonas arrived. The tank is Daniel's, anyway ;).

After a year of caring for them, even if they started out as Daniel's, I'm sure Jonas grew attached to them. If they had a normal sort of turnover of fish, some are probably Daniel's and some would be Jonas's.

Replicator Todd
October 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I want some more!

koroush47
October 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM

Nobody believes him anyways.

The world thinks he is some kinda psycho who thinks that the pyramids are alien landing pads.

Odin's eyes
October 15th, 2009, 05:17 PM
A new one is up now. About the Goa'uld

SG_Gundam
October 15th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Updated with the list with the LA, Ascention, Goa'uld and the Ancients videos.

D-aria
October 15th, 2009, 11:34 PM
There is a point where Daniel is talking about the Goa'uld and showing their symbols on his TV. Who does the third one from the bottom that looks like half a skinny crab claw belong to? Its starting to bug me cuz I don't remeber who it is.
link http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1671/index.html

SG_Gundam
October 16th, 2009, 06:54 AM
There is a point where Daniel is talking about the Goa'uld and showing their symbols on his TV. Who does the third one from the bottom that looks like half a skinny crab claw belong to? Its starting to bug me cuz I don't remeber who it is.
link http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1671/index.html

Aeries I believe. That symbol was on the Jaffa in "Its Good to be King" in season 8.

Rac80
October 16th, 2009, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=Eternal Density;10672874]"Hi, I'm Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman. In this presentation, I will explain proper chevron calling and iris control procedure. Once that's done, I'll share some tips on anticipating your commanding officer's needs."

I need a copy of this video, it would help me sooooo much! :sam59:

Anyway everything would probably be classified Top Secret and above and would be kept locked up, if anything went missing they would have records of who had it and they would get a right rollicking. Just my thoughts.

The videos would be cool to see as extras on the DVDs as others have said. Hope they do it.

they have now found a way to convince me to buy the first half of sgu season 1...put all these vids on as an extra and I will buy it!

Actually, I don't think it's so much de-emphasizing science, but rather made-up science. In Part 2 they had the scene where...

...they were examining the air filters, and Rush started talking about Calcium Carbonate and Lithium Hydroxide. That's pretty, uh, science-y. Their goal was to make things more realistic, and while science is realistic, made up jargon like hyperspace and plasma beam weapons aren't.

Try being married to a REAL scientist (PhD chemist) when they butcher so-called "real science" on a show...the howling and nitpicking never stops...he wouldn't shut up when they were dealing with the air filters...:rolleyes: made up science is much easier to listen to at my house. :D

Yep, these videos are absolutely my favorite part of SGU. I'm really enjoying them!
me too...the absolute best part....:D

Aurora24
October 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Loved the vids! I really hope they include them as bonus features in the DVDs

D-aria
October 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Aeries I believe. That symbol was on the Jaffa in "Its Good to be King" in season 8.
Not that one the one between Aeries and Amaterasu

SG_Gundam
October 16th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Yea. I got nothing then. The symbol looks familiar but I cant read the name.

Krisz
October 17th, 2009, 09:20 AM
The videos are great! The most entertaining 'training' videos I've ever seen! LOL! A wonderful way to give people unfamiliar with the background of the Stargate universe a bit of an idea of what some of the things mentioned in SGU are actually about!

Loved the one on the Stargate, I'd seen him describing the points in space bit recently in the orginal movie. It was fun to see how much more authoratative and confident he'd become over the years since the first time he explained that bit to people!

D-aria
October 18th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Yea. I got nothing then. The symbol looks familiar but I cant read the name.
Thanks anyway :).

Sue_Jackson
October 18th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I'm loving the Daniel Training Videos! :D He is just sooo adorable. :)

I hope there's more. He needs to a video on the Asgard...one on the Ori...and possibly one on the Wraith.

:)

Whitering
October 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
While I would love to watch DJ's videos heh I can just imagine how boring certain parts of it would be. I just imagined Jack being introduced to the Stargate that way and laughed because you know Daniel adds in a lot of tangential detail.

The whole idea was quite funny to me.

SG_Gundam
October 22nd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Well the videos are only a couple of minuites long. You don't really need to worry about how long and if he'll go off on a tangent or not. The time limit of the videos allow for it.

amconway
October 22nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
Well the videos are only a couple of minuites long. You don't really need to worry about how long and if he'll go off on a tangent or not. The time limit of the videos allow for it.

Oh, now, why point that out? Let people be happy.

SG_Gundam
October 22nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Cuz I like people to be miserable as possible. :cameron:

Sue_Jackson
October 22nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
While I would love to watch DJ's videos heh I can just imagine how boring certain parts of it would be. I just imagined Jack being introduced to the Stargate that way and laughed because you know Daniel adds in a lot of tangential detail.

The whole idea was quite funny to me.

Daniel can never be boring to me. :D I would watch him (MS) read the phone book. :p

UniverseSizePlotHole
October 23rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
The video on Acension (http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1666/embed_vid/984/index.html) is now up....:daniel:
(which at the moment is NOT working..:mad:)...

Its working here. They could have had a guest spot for 'Morgan or Oma' LOL but someone who has ascended and come back is good enough!

And oh maybe he should have said "DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!"

garhkal
October 23rd, 2009, 09:35 PM
they have now found a way to convince me to buy the first half of sgu season 1...put all these vids on as an extra and I will buy it!

Agreed. Having all these in full HD quality on a disk would be sweet!

escyos
October 23rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
something tells me these will never come out on any dvds.....

Replicator Todd
October 25th, 2009, 01:05 PM
You never know, MGM sure has alot of behind the scenes features on their site, it would make sense to bundle them together on a DVD.

discodiva
October 26th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Daniel can never be boring to me. :D I would watch him (MS) read the phone book. :p

You're not wrong there!...:danielanime13:

Its working here. They could have had a guest spot for 'Morgan or Oma' LOL but someone who has ascended and come back is good enough!

And oh maybe he should have said "DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!"

LOL!...good one!..:D :D :D

Agreed. Having all these in full HD quality on a disk would be sweet!

something tells me these will never come out on any dvds.....

You never know, MGM might be keeping tally and if they get a large amount of hits on the site for them, they might feel that they are popular enough to contribute towards increased sales of the DVD...

You never know, MGM sure has alot of behind the scenes features on their site, it would make sense to bundle them together on a DVD.

Oh - bloopers and deleted scenes AND the excellent Dr Jackson - that would be a dream come true...although it would have been wonderful if that could have been done when SG-1 was still going...:jack::daniel::sam::tealc:...watching those "bloopers" up on MGM made me miss them so much and realise what fun they all had making that series....:(

Deeds xx

garhkal
November 5th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I wonder what the next one to be put up will be, and if/when they will release the full versions

Pharaoh Atem
November 5th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I wonder what the next one to be put up will be, and if/when they will release the full versions

how to survive being around vala :P

Explorerwinds
November 6th, 2009, 09:35 AM
The videos are great! The most entertaining 'training' videos I've ever seen! LOL! A wonderful way to give people unfamiliar with the background of the Stargate universe a bit of an idea of what some of the things mentioned in SGU are actually about!

Loved the one on the Stargate, I'd seen him describing the points in space bit recently in the orginal movie. It was fun to see how much more authoratative and confident he'd become over the years since the first time he explained that bit to people!

It made me think of the orientation vids you have to watch at a new job, and that Eli dropped out of class, so he will most likely not like watching them.

I told my hubby I wanted to see the tapes. Then, I made a disgusted face at the TV knowing that they most likely only had a few minutes from each take and edited together the final cut. *stomps foot*

Strange how the mind tells you for a minute that they are real then you go gosh it is just for the show. :cool:

*wonders if they will go ahead and make more orientation vids because Eli was told that there was more than one tape*

Pharaoh Atem
November 26th, 2009, 09:08 AM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Stargate-Universe-First-Release-Scheduled/13021

the videos will be on the 1.0 dvd boxset

Steelbox
February 3rd, 2010, 09:52 AM
In the universe of stargate, why use the introductions videos from Daniel Jackson? Why not use the memory uploader, that Earth got in the 9th season of SG-1. That, would introduce the newcomers, first hand, to the dailly world of the SGC. Teach them with DJ memories about the Goauld, Pegasus Lanteans, Alterrans, Ori, Lucian Alliance or even earth historys, teach them how the Stargate function through Carter researches, hyperspace and how to operate weaponry. No need for videos.

jelgate
February 3rd, 2010, 09:59 AM
In the universe of stargate, why use the introductions videos from Daniel Jackson? Why not use the memory uploader, that Earth got in the 9th season of SG-1. That, would introduce the newcomers, first hand, to the dailly world of the SGC. Teach them with DJ memories about the Goauld, Pegasus Lanteans, Alterrans, Ori, Lucian Alliance or even earth historys, teach them how the Stargate function through Carter researches, hyperspace and how to operate weaponry. No need for videos.
Because the whole points of that cameo was to show non-Stargate fans what is needed to know going into SGU. Introducing the Gallaran memory device would of just confused new viewers