Daniel's Training videos /DJ's videos on MGM site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel's Training videos /DJ's videos on MGM site

What do you think all those video(s) were about? Why make some thing like that? Dont you think they would be a serious security risk? If they got out, so does pretty much everything.

Well I imagine since the Stargate program has been operation to close to 20 years now, that it is difficult to sit someone down and give them a stack of reports - and say read through this. The videos are probably a way simpler way to bring someone up to speed.

Seeing as there is also an ever increasing size to SG personnel - Hell I imagine they had to even brief the Mess people who were on Icarus base.

The video I'd like to see is the one on dialing gates to planets with a black hole... yeah about that

Comment

What if they only kept encrypted digital copies, aboard ships. Anyone already aboard could just tell people about the Stargate program.
      Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

The videos are probably a really effective way of explaining 15 years of history without having someone say all that stuff personally, and it probably goes into greater detail and is able to explain things faster... with pictures . It would almost be crazy if they didn't have a video.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

The idea of using Daniel is great, since they can always discredit him as a lunatic by showing people his pyramid research. Also they would say that these videos were made by Daniel alone and the idea that they would be made by the air force is of course ridiculous.

The problem is aliens getting all our juicy knowledge, but then they propably have better ways of getting info than stealing my movies.

Comment

i liked the cut of DJ's jib in them videos
            I miss Orilla.

Comment

Ooooooorrrr if it got out, they might just say something along the lines of "oh that's just Daniel Jackson, he was crazy a decade ago and he's being crazy now. nice special effects though, he really got into it this time!" Seriously, the videos getting out would be nothing, easy to discredit, especially considering the reputation of the source outside of SGC.
              Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

I don't see whats the harm. Its just a training video. As for a leak its no more dangerous then some other stuff that can be leaked to the public like a naquadah generator for example
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

They were protected by DRM and could only be watched once? Yes, this evil spreads everywhere! The Kino's footage is also DRM protected...

Comment

Jackson was proclaiming about aliens before being recruited and was laughed at then, so if one got out they'd just say he was up to his old tricks again

Comment

Originally posted by naskgil View Post
                      The idea of using Daniel is great, since they can always discredit him as a lunatic by showing people his pyramid research. Also they would say that these videos were made by Daniel alone and the idea that they would be made by the air force is of course ridiculous.

The problem is aliens getting all our juicy knowledge, but then they propably have better ways of getting info than stealing my movies.
                      What was said in the beginning of the episode Wormhole X-Treme?
                      Plausible Deniability. In that reference if anything got out about the Stargate Program that could point to that show. In this case they could point to Daniel Jackson's "Label" in the archeological field. "He's a whack job, pay no attention."
                      Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                      End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                        They were protected by DRM and could only be watched once? Yes, this evil spreads everywhere! The Kino's footage is also DRM protected...
                        "Sorry, but this introduction video to Stargate Command operations and Homeworld Security has passed it's 24 hour rental date. Please purchase this product or rent again. Season pass also available for the full set of introduction videos."

I don't think these are just something that you'd be able to just access from any computer, or even on disc. It's probably all part of some dedicated SGC system that allows them to be transferred to Earth ships.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                          Hahahah that's funny...

Unless the Kino was made by Sony, then it comes with DRM and a Rootkit
                          Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

The DMR & rootkit are on the other tape about Ascenion.

Comment

i'm not seeing how the tapes are any more of a security risk than say.....the stacks of sg team reports, all the technology they've brought back, or any of the aliens that seem to be living on earth these days. I'm guessing those videos are kept exclusively at the SGC and on the 304's. hell the 304's probably have their own set too for an introduction to the ships....kinda like "Hi! I'm Colonel Steven Caldwell"
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X