PDA

View Full Version : Eli's Video Game Ancient Translation

Colonel Sharp
October 4th, 2009, 12:51 PM
So, I found it pretty cool that Eli was playing a version of Stargate Worlds in the pilot, but when I freeze-framed to try and figure out what the ancient in the video game said, I got this:

e i q p c i r o k t q o b
k s w o r c ? b r i b b r
l t g c g c (c/o) h r r t i d
r s k b i b ? h u g k q r
s b b n g q d u d m o n m

*Note: remember the r's can be j's OR r's.

And for Eli's 'solution' I got this:

Ne(r/j)qh(j/r)hou

(From left>right, up>down)

Can anyone make heads or tails of this? I couldn't figure anything out a first glance.

MIZA
October 5th, 2009, 04:12 PM
uh yeah , that probaly means nothing, my teacher once told me that all that math and stuff you see on screen is not real , i mean some stuff maybe but most of it is not

ps: gosh i wish it was real :)

Colonel Sharp
October 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Normally I'd say yes, but normally TPTB, or even the prop people like to put messages in the Ancient you see in the show.

thekillman
October 6th, 2009, 09:05 AM
even in atlantis there was the occasional goof, like text on jumpers telling to decloak before going through the gate, the welcome on the stairs, etc.

SG7
October 6th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I had never seen or played SG worlds, so I hadn't noticed what it was he was playing. I just assumed that it was some SG related game. Hadn't occured to me that it would be SG Worlds

That is kinda cool

Colonel Sharp
October 6th, 2009, 11:03 AM
even in atlantis there was the occasional goof, like text on jumpers telling to decloak before going through the gate, the welcome on the stairs, etc.
Yep. And we've seen some of this goofiness already in SGU :P :)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67531

Encoder
October 7th, 2009, 07:17 PM
So, I found it pretty cool that Eli was playing a version of Stargate Worlds in the pilot

Wow I didn't notice that at all!

He must have gotten on the Beta list or something!

Now they HAVE to build this test into the game...:)

:sheppard:

a lost ghost
October 8th, 2009, 02:22 AM
it could be an old dialect of ancient

CaramelMonkey
October 8th, 2009, 02:28 AM
I need to play that game. It looks awesome. :P