PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Scott/Chloe Armstrong Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Spacemonkey_Jackson
October 4th, 2009, 09:25 AM
This is a SAFE place for shippers of Matthew Scott and Chloe Armstrong. Here you can share art work, fanfics or discuss any shippy episode moments.

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab348/Spacemonkey_Jackson66/101_airpart1_015.jpg

Rodney_Mckay
October 4th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Awesome Characters and Relationships forum is awesome ;)

major davis
October 4th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Armstrong. Chloe Armstrong. :) ;)

EvilSpaceAlien
October 4th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I support this thread!

What he said.

Madwelshboy
October 4th, 2009, 09:37 AM

I support this thread!

What he said.

:indeed: And the thread should be in the C&R floder.

Coronach
October 4th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Was wondering when one of these would be made :P I liked their moment in the pilot on the observation deck, but I'm going to wait and see how these characters develop before I support something.

Not saying I wouldn't though ;)

jelgate
October 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I don't normally support Stargate but I think this one has loads of potential.

Colonel Swede
October 4th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Scott is a player :P First he got Vanessa James :P And then he got Chole to XD

Madwelshboy
October 4th, 2009, 11:18 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/normal_comiccon_trailer1_147.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/stargate-universe-20090831021806605.jpg

SamJackShipper93
October 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I see potential, but only if Scott can keep his pants on. :S

Honestly, I just hope that these relationships formed on SGU will be about the bonds between the characters, and not just about sex. Then I will fully support these 'ships! :)

poundpuppy29
October 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I am going to be a multishipper with Chloe I can just tell this works for me

Spacemonkey_Jackson
October 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I see potential, but only if Scott can keep his pants on. :S

Honestly, I just hope that these relationships formed on SGU will be about the bonds between the characters, and not just about sex. Then I will fully support these 'ships! :)

I think that that the relationship between Scott and Whats-Her-Name will die quickly. I can tell that it's a pure lusting relationship here.

But the Scott/Chloe relationship will go much further because its starting out with a deep emotional bond.

And they look just so damn cute together . . .

:D

Spacemonkey_Jackson
October 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Was wondering when one of these would be made :P I liked their moment in the pilot on the observation deck, but I'm going to wait and see how these characters develop before I support something.

Not saying I wouldn't though ;)

That's what made me create this thread. I loved their scenes together in the pilot. I just HAD to make a thread for these two.

Ruined_puzzle
October 9th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I could ship it. Just need to see more interaction and see how it progresses.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
October 9th, 2009, 10:13 PM
tonite's episode with the moment at the end of Air, Part 3 tells me that they going to make this a Confirm Ship.

Spacemonkey_Jackson
October 10th, 2009, 03:59 PM
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab348/Spacemonkey_Jackson66/normal_comiccon_trailer1_147.jpg

aretood2
October 10th, 2009, 05:59 PM
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab348/Spacemonkey_Jackson66/normal_comiccon_trailer1_147.jpg

Kissing with out sex in a sunset like light...this means emotions!!!

Hi My name is Aretood2 and this is my first shipping ever. I am quite exited about this and I hope they kiss by the mid season two parter.

MrsB108
October 11th, 2009, 04:47 PM
So far I'm liking these two together....

MrsB108
October 12th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Little quick oneshot I wrote for Scott/Chloe:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5436222/1/Deep_Thoughts

Spacemonkey_Jackson
October 12th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Kissing with out sex in a sunset like light...this means emotions!!!

Hi My name is Aretood2 and this is my first shipping ever. I am quite exited about this and I hope they kiss by the mid season two parter.

Welcome!!!

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
October 13th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Little quick oneshot I wrote for Scott/Chloe:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5436222/1/Deep_Thoughts

i liked it it was pretty good.

MrsB108
October 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM
i liked it it was pretty good.

Thanks!

Iawen
October 14th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Hello!!

I'm happy to see this thread here! When the pilot of SGU aired I thought there could be something between them, and after the nice scene they had in the second episode, I know I definitely ship these two. They have great chemistry so far and I really like the friendship that's developing between them. Hopefully it will develop into something more!

MrsB108
October 14th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Agreed!

Jper
October 14th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Indeed. I like them together.

Rodney_Mckay
October 15th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I don't ship...

...but I do now!

Jason_Clement
October 16th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Poor Eli! :P

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Episode5: Light

Looks like we'll get to see some interesting things in "Light".
http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1676/index.html

ETA:
And here's the promo for 1.05 Light, on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvYlrVk4yZM

It seems to me that
things might not be what the look like. Should be interesting. I'm thinking Chloe is manipulating Matt to take him along with him. Anyone else getting that idea as well?

Madwelshboy
October 17th, 2009, 07:28 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/large-FullSize-sgu0105-0806xe.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/large-FullSize-sgu0105-0809xe.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/large-FullSize-sgu0105-0434xe.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/large-FullSize-sgu0105-0423xe.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/large-FullSize-sgu0105-0157xe.jpg

Coronach
October 17th, 2009, 07:41 AM
It seems to me that
things might not be what the look like. Should be interesting. I'm thinking Chloe is manipulating Matt to take him along with him. Anyone else getting that idea as well?

Gonna say this as delicately as I can:

At this point, I'm really hoping that this scene is not quite what it looks like. As I've said before, I have no problem with a Chloe/Scott relationship and I'd actually fully support one. However, if we're supposed to accept that they are officially together by next week already, then I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy that very much

But, I am willing to see how TPTB handle it. Maybe they'd surprise me and I'd like it even when I wasn't expecting to. But if I've ever been pessimistic about an aspect of SGU, it has been that they wouldn't handle a relationship well :(

And I speak only for myself here, but (for me) a relationship developing this quickly is not handled very well. I understand if other people's opinions differ though :)

On the other hand...if it is the case that Chloe is manipulating him in such a way, then damn...that'd be totally unexpected and potentially a very interesting twist.

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 08:14 AM

At this point, I'm really hoping that this scene is not quite what it looks like. As I've said before, I have no problem with a Chloe/Scott relationship and I'd actually fully support one. However, if we're supposed to accept that they are officially together by next week already, then I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy that very much

But, I am willing to see how TPTB handle it. Maybe they'd surprise me and I'd like it even when I wasn't expecting to. But if I've ever been pessimistic about an aspect of SGU, it has been that they wouldn't handle a relationship well :(

And I speak only for myself here, but (for me) a relationship developing this quickly is not handled very well. I understand if other people's opinions differ though :)

On the other hand...if it is the case that Chloe is manipulating him in such a way, then damn...that'd be totally unexpected and potentially a very interesting twist.

Oh yeah,

We're hoping that it won't be what it looks like. Although, to me it looks like she's manipulating him a bit. As she says in the promo "What are the chances on that?" to Scott, when he says, "I really want you to come with me." As it is obvious that Scott will fly the shuttle and that he is one of the seventeen people that will "escape on board of the shuttle".

I agree with you that a full relationship after next-week ep would be a bad thing. No, it would totally mess up everything and any hope I have for TPTB and a relationship between Chloe and Matthew.

So I hope TPTB will indeed surprise us. They did with some aspects in the previous episodes we've seen until now. Hopefully they'll continue like this.

It certainly has enormous potential.

With "it" referring to the relationship, the story and the series.

Coronach
October 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Oh yeah,

We're hoping that it won't be what it looks like. Although, to me it looks like she's manipulating him a bit. As she says in the promo "What are the chances on that?" to Scott, when he says, "I really want you to come with me." As it is obvious that Scott will fly the shuttle and that he is one of the seventeen people that will "escape on board of the shuttle".

I agree with you that a full relationship after next-week ep would be a bad thing. No, it would totally mess up everything and any hope I have for TPTB and a relationship between Chloe and Matthew.

So I hope TPTB will indeed surprise us. They did with some aspects in the previous episodes we've seen until now. Hopefully they'll continue like this.

It certainly has enormous potential.

With "it" referring to the relationship, the story and the series.

Indeed. Of course, one of my biggest pet peeves on GW is how people overreact to things that haven't happened yet and blow everything out of proportion...so I refuse to do that.

I'll wait and see what happens next week and how TPTB handle it. And even if I don't like it, it's one aspect of the show and I'm not going to lead a crusade over it like I've seen some fans do with other issues ;)

Madwelshboy
October 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM

Well see was a political science major and a political aide ;)

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Indeed. Of course, one of my biggest pet peeves on GW is how people overreact to things that haven't happened yet and blow everything out of proportion...so I refuse to do that.

I'll wait and see what happens next week and how TPTB handle it. And even if I don't like it, it's one aspect of the show and I'm not going to lead a crusade over it like I've seen some fans do with other issues ;)

Yes, I hate that too, how people overreact to things that we don't know for sure, or haven't happened yet, or that they assume that already have happened or even that they just interpret simple things as prove in some complex idiotic scenario they do not like or don't want to see. All that effort just to then bash what they have just proven. :eek:

I'm staying positive. :D :D
No, seriously, SGU has proven to be different. So I really hope it will be different here too.

Yes, indeed she has that working for her.

Coronach
October 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Yup. As I said, I'm interested to see how next week's episode plays out, and I won't bother speculating too much. TPTB have definitely shown that they can change a LOT of the way they tell a story, so maybe they'll surprise me :P

Jason_Clement
October 17th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I agree that Chloe is probably using Matt... even though they'd still be good together :P

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I agree that Chloe is probably using Matt... even though they'd still be good together :P

Oh yes they would be very good together.

Jason_Clement
October 17th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I liked in the episode where her father died how he comforted her. There's gunna be great chemistry and tension between these two... gunna see how it balances between lust and love...

PS: I'm a semi-multishipper for Chloe, but I've realized Matt is more logical for her ;) and think I'll ship this way... this is my first show caring about who gets who, so it's my first..."shipping"? :P

Coronach
October 17th, 2009, 01:18 PM
If it turns out that

Chloe is using him.

I think it'll be an incredibly interesting dynamic between the two. We've seen that Matt is a very caring person already, and he seems incredibly forthright and selfless...if you ask me. All three parts of "Air" showed that to me about his character.

On the other hand, we have Chloe who we definitely know much less about. We know she's vulnerable and just went through some extreme hardship. We also know that she's not a bad person, as she had really sweet moments with Eli in "Darkness". Nevertheless, there are hints about her and her history that have to be further explored, and I can't say (with certainty) that she is above manipulation.

The interesting part will come in when we see what it is she actually feels for Lt. Scott. Will she actually end up truly liking him, or will it be the case that she strictly used him for survival?

Furthermore, it'd be a very interesting jumping off point for relationship development. I don't want to say too much, as I don't really know how to put into words what I'm thinking.

I will say, though, that this relationship (and all of SGU, really) has enormous potential...and I hope TPTB capitalize on it all. Here's to hoping :)

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah, indeed the interesting surely will be after episode 1.05 Light. The episode itself will be interesting, but probably the way TPTB go after that will be more interesting.

Mainly indeed because we'll never be sure about Chloe's true feelings, and I think even Matt's feelings, until afterwards. With not being sure about Matt's feelings I am considering that it was just because they way they all thought they were going to die that just that we all know by now that will happen in 1.05-Light, that just that happened.

We'll see. Lots of interesting theories, speculation and things to see.

Jper
October 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah, indeed the interesting surely will be after episode 1.05 Light. The episode itself will be interesting, but probably the way TPTB go after that will be more interesting.

Mainly indeed because we'll never be sure about Chloe's true feelings, and I think even Matt's feelings, until afterwards. With not being sure about Matt's feelings I am considering that it was just because they way they all thought they were going to die that just that we all know by now that will happen in 1.05-Light, that just that happened.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
October 18th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I Can't wait for Light from the pictures i saw Scott and Chloe do it.

Jper
October 18th, 2009, 01:37 AM
I Can't wait for Light from the pictures i saw Scott and Chloe do it.

Well you should see the promo. :D

happyatlantis
October 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM
YAY!! FOUND A PLACE WHERE I CAN LIKE CHLOE/SCOTT SAFELY!! WHOO!

I hope she isn't using him. Because I think that this pic http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1676/index.html
I think it is towards the start of the episode before they need to escape in the Puddle Jumper on a 'high' space pod.

happyatlantis
October 18th, 2009, 10:31 AM

When you say we'll never be sure about either of their feelings, until afterwards. After what?
Cuz I think something else will happen to make them realise.

Coronach
October 18th, 2009, 10:34 AM

I hope she isn't using him. Because I think that this pic http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1676/index.html
I think it is towards the start of the episode before they need to escape in the Puddle Jumper on a 'high' space pod.

See, if this moment were happening closer to the end of season 1, I'd be incredibly excited for it as it would mean we'd had a lot of character and relationship buildup between the two.

But this just seems (assuming these pics are what they seem to be) too early for them to have real, significant feelings for eachother.

As I said though, I'm willing to see what TPTB do with next week's episode before I make any judgments on it.

In other news, I'm glad you found a place to discuss Chloe/Scott safely! Perhaps I'll officially join as a "shipper" in the future, but I'm not really there with these two yet ;)

Jper
October 18th, 2009, 11:55 AM
When you say we'll never be sure about either of their feelings, until afterwards. After what?
Cuz I think something else will happen to make them realise.

I mean after the up-coming episode 1.05, Light. At least after that one. What I mean is that I pretty much think that Chloe will use/manipulate Scott to go with him on the shuttle as he is one that has a place on and doesn't have to be picked by the lottery. So to some degree she will have other motivations than love or feelings for Scott to have sex with him. So I think they won't know what they are to each others or how they feel till after that. It probably won't be immediately after that. Certainly for us, the viewers, it will take sometime to figure things out, just as it will for them. If of course what I am predicting to happen, because of what I saw in the photos and promo, is going to happen.

I was wondering what else could happen? What you are referring to, what you think will happen? On such a short time?

Anyway, it's just all predictions and assumptions up until now. However, I would like the complex story of them first becoming intimate and lovers and then becoming good friends and getting to know each other for real. Just as long as the plot/story for them to get together in the first place is good. And I would think what I'm predicting, assuming to happen would be a good way to go. At least it will be something to watch and talk about. And maybe, just maybe TPTB will not screw this one up, this time. :)

Jper
October 18th, 2009, 12:02 PM

Well it could be interesting plot, story and relationship -wise when she would at least have that other motive of wanting to be on the shuttle, than only suddenly she has feelings for Scott and they immediately have sex. It all depends on how it's done of course. So, I just hope it's not totally screwed up and forced. :)

1.05 Light I don't know where this is located in the episode, but it seems to me it certainly takes place after they have sex. Or at least I'm guessing so, because I think that this takes places indeed before the shuttle takes off and Chloe is not on it and she has to say goodbye to Scott. Maybe? However, that's a big bet, and it could certainly not be true. I'm much more certain that they'll have sex and that Chloe at least will have other motives or try to convince Scott to take her with him, so she doesn't need to be picked in the lottery. And so they could be the two persons already on board of the shuttle. As the shuttle can take 17 people, and only 15 people will be chosen in the lottery.

Pharaoh Atem
October 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM
http://www.imgshack.info/images/ed9dcq28zz6xjdj0drxm.jpg :D

dahok
October 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
1.05 Light I don't know where this is located in the episode, but it seems to me it certainly takes place after they have sex.

I keep picturing him as Scott Summers for some reason, and the only X-men I've watched was the movies. I think it's just his rather generic appearance and boy scout demeanor. I half expect him to scream out "JEAN!" in the middle of his romp.

Jper
October 19th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Well, I know who you're talking about, but at least this Scott isn't wearing sunglasses to control the power coming out of his eyes. :D

I can't really say that I get that because I've seen absolutely no clear similarities between them except for their names maybe. However there a lot of people called "Scott". :) :o

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
October 19th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Do u guys Really think Chloe Armstrong is Using Matt Scott?

Jper
October 19th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Do u guys Really thing Chloe Armstrong is Using Matt Scott?

Well I believe that in 1.05 Light
that could very well be the case. However to what degree she's doing this, IDK.

You can clearly see how in the promo for Light (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvYlrVk4yZM)

Scott says: "I want you there"
and then Chloe very suggestively says: "What are the odds?"

That doesn't mean there's no attraction. It does mean, however, that Light might speed up the normal events a bit. And that I wouldn't mind.

I even believe Chloe won't be on the shuttle in the end when they lottery is over, or that she will immediately on it and that she'll be the second fixed place on the shuttle. 17-2=15

P.S. You should probably use spoilers, as everything about upcoming episodes should probably be under spoilers tags.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
October 19th, 2009, 05:56 AM
yeah sorry i forgot to put things in the spoilers box.

Jper
October 19th, 2009, 06:41 AM
yeah sorry i forgot to put things in the spoilers box.

No problem for me, but possibly for others, including the mods.
You can still add them afterwards by editing your post, if you forgot them. It happens to me now and then too. :D

3moodu
October 19th, 2009, 05:28 PM
YAY! Someplace to have love!
Im fairly new to the whole universe of stargate. but I do love stargate universe. It almost seems like its own little bubble in the franchise to me. And I really love these two together.
I'm a little torn on Chloe's using him. Because while I don't think that's whats happening. I also know how the creators said that everyone is going to be both a villain and a hero. Everyone has flaws. And she could be someone who would do that. On the same hand though, if it turns out she is using him, I think it'll be because there is already some feeling there. I mean, I doubt she would have slept with RUsh, for example, if it meant survival. On the OTHER hand, they are about to die, or so they think. so why not jump on these feelings they have for each other. Everyone is saying how they are going to fast with this relationship, making it unbelievable. Well you have to keep in mind the situation they are in. Beyond being thrown into the sun, they don't know if they'll ever get back home, or even survive. Why not take every chance and not waste time? What have they got to loose?

Coronach
October 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM
YAY! Someplace to have love!
Im fairly new to the whole universe of stargate. but I do love stargate universe. It almost seems like its own little bubble in the franchise to me. And I really love these two together.

Interesting. Is SGU your first foray into the Stargate world, or did you watch some of SG1 and SGA as well?

I'm a little torn on Chloe's using him. Because while I don't think that's whats happening. I also know how the creators said that everyone is going to be both a villain and a hero. Everyone has flaws. And she could be someone who would do that. On the same hand though, if it turns out she is using him, I think it'll be because there is already some feeling there. I mean, I doubt she would have slept with RUsh, for example, if it meant survival. On the OTHER hand, they are about to die, or so they think. so why not jump on these feelings they have for each other. Everyone is saying how they are going to fast with this relationship, making it unbelievable. Well you have to keep in mind the situation they are in. Beyond being thrown into the sun, they don't know if they'll ever get back home, or even survive. Why not take every chance and not waste time? What have they got to loose?

I know what you're saying here, and I agree to some extent.

I won't go in-depth (as I've done so in this thread already), but I will say that I really hope they do it right next week. I'll be disappointed if things turn out to be a bit...unbelievable.

Jper
October 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I agree.

3moodu
October 19th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Interesting. Is SGU your first foray into the Stargate world, or did you watch some of SG1 and SGA as well?
Well, my first ever experience I was was really sick and my tv was on when I woke up to it in the middle of the night (I used to fall asleep to mystery theatre 2000, or whatever it was called). It wasn't until a recently I realized that it was SG-1, but I would watch it all the time, never catching the name of it.
Than with SGA I actually watched some of the last season, but I never had a lot of time.
This is my first official foray into the universe though. the good news is its really good at standing apart as an intro to newbies like myself.

I know what you're saying here, and I agree to some extent.

I won't go in-depth (as I've done so in this thread already), but I will say that I really hope they do it right next week. I'll be disappointed if things turn out to be a bit...unbelievable.[/QUOTE]
I completely agree with you, there are ways that the same thing can go okay though, and thats what I'm hoping for. A totally awesome episode. but then again, they haven't disappointed me yet...

happyatlantis
October 22nd, 2009, 06:17 AM
Wait a second.. Why do you say they have sex? They might not. They may by lying on a bed but it doesn't always mean they're having sex.

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Wait a second.. Why do you say they have sex? They might not. They may by lying on a bed but it doesn't always mean they're having sex.

So you think it is more likely that,

they will kiss, then just undress their-selves, and go lying next to each other in the same bed naked? Although not next to each other, canoodling then.

Also there's this general spoiler for Light:
"In the short time that remains, alliances are forged and others damaged while Eli tries to create a message in a bottle with the aid of a Kino. But, unbeknownst to all, forces are at work that no one could have foreseen."

So the theory of this being "a new alliance being forged" looks logical.

happyatlantis
October 22nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
Okay Jper, you got me there :S

But what I didn't know was the fact they were fully nude. The picture, (to me) didn't really present that...

Jper
October 22nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Okay Jper, you got me there :S

But what I didn't know was the fact they were fully nude. The picture, (to me) didn't really present that...

Well go have a look at the pictures for Light on stargate.mgm.com

here:
http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1676/index.html

These are four examples:

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/Clipboard01-2.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/Clipboard02.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/Clipboard03.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/JperW/Clipboard04.jpg

ETA/
It might be that TPTB will surprise us and that they won't actually have sex, but they will hook up and get close. IMHO, that doesn't matter that much, the theory about why they'll hook up still stands.

ETA2/
And I figured out who might take the second taken seat on the Destiny and thus doesn't have to be picked by the lottery. It will be T.J. as they'll need a medic were they'll be going. So it won't be Chloe. Just thought of that as I saw the pictures of her sitting in the shuttle.

happyatlantis
October 23rd, 2009, 12:10 AM
I've seen the pictures btw :D
On that first one it looked like Scott has some shorts on or whatever. And I agree that they may just hook up.

Jper
October 23rd, 2009, 02:26 AM
Well have a look at this Kino (Webisode) Video (http://au.tv.ign.com/dor/objects/14276047/sgu-stargate-universe/videos/sgu_clip1_102109.html).

:D

happyatlantis
October 23rd, 2009, 07:53 AM
O...M...G LOL!!! Lemme get some water... hahahahaha :D

happyatlantis
October 23rd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Thank you for that! I've been ill all day and that has made me feel better! xx

Coronach
October 23rd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Regarding "Light":

Hmmm...not what I had hoped for I guess. It could have been handled much better, and it's a shame that two characters I really like are the aspect of the episode that I liked the least.

In fact, it was the only part of the episode that I disliked which was a new thing for me. I loved "Light" overall, but this was just not handled correctly, imo.

Joben
October 24th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Well you guys certainly got what you wanted pretty quickly :P

Jper
October 24th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Regarding "Light":

Hmmm...not what I had hoped for I guess. It could have been handled much better, and it's a shame that two characters I really like are the aspect of the episode that I liked the least.

In fact, it was the only part of the episode that I disliked which was a new thing for me. I loved "Light" overall, but this was just not handled correctly, imo.

Just watched "Light". It was a good episode, really was sucking me in, except for in the beginning with the whole Chloe/Matt thing. I'm disappointed really. Really disappointed now. I had expected more, something better, something different. Not that it was completely bad. I don't know. I think I need a break now and then watch it again. So, maybe I'll come back later to post other views, but now I'm disappointed a bit. The other parts of the episode were pretty good though.

I must really wonder if TPTB really haven't learned anything from the SGA debacle. If they really are going to go the same, triangle, way again with all the romance-relationship-character-stories. Or if they are panning out for something bigger to come in one of the following episode.

Is this a "in the spur of the moment" thing that we have to consider in the context of the whole episode, as they all think they're going to die and so have no time left? Even then, is this what you do? Even more, will it now have consequences, real development in further episodes, or will it go from doubtable to bad to worse? I don't know. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they are dancing, balancing on a fine line, which they may have crossed a bit.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now, probably. Like I said, still figuring it out, but slightly disappointed.

ETA/ Rereading my post, the rambling isn't really there. I think I said what I wanted to say, albeit maybe not exactly in the words I wanted to use.

Anuna
October 24th, 2009, 02:03 PM
*sneaks in tentatively*

*waves*

I saw these two as a serious potential since the pilot episode, and liked the diea. Scott is my favorite character in SGU at the moment, and I'm willing to give PTB and this potential ship a chance. Still haven't seen the ep, although your comments seem somewhat discouraging - I'm really interested.

Anyway, I hope PTB won't ruin another potentially interesting ship, but knowing their track record so far....

Jper
October 24th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Don't get your hopes up as I did, it will ruin the beginning of the episode for you the first time you watch it. It did for me. :(

Anuna
October 24th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Don't get your hopes up as I did, it will ruin the beginning of the episode for you the first time you watch it. It did for me. :(

Oh, don't worry. Atlamtis taught me well :S :P

Coronach
October 24th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah, it's really strange. I really like these two as individuals, and feel they have a lot of potential. In that same vein, I am hoping TPTB have some truly phenomenal writing planned...as it seems they're going to need it.

I mean, far be it for me to speak for everyone, but I've noticed something about television relationships in general. People are far more invested and interested in the buildup and tension than they are in the actual consummation. This is why it's so important to have proper buildup and such...as otherwise, you get a lot of people thinking it's out of place or forced.

Finally, I want to add that I would not want TPTB to compromise their artistic vision for the sake of fans. If they think they have something truly epic and entertaining planned, then bring it on. But this, of course, remains to be seen :cool:

LeaE
October 25th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I'm keeping my faith. I found one of the most interesting on-screen relationships to be John and Aeryn on Farscape and they got together very quickly. So, if the writers do well I do think it could produce some very interesting drama.

However, I don't think any of the Stargate writers are as good as the Farscape team was.

I will remain faithful though as I didn't expect SGU to be as good as I've found it.

Eternal Density
October 27th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Any speculation about what this Kinosode means for this ship? :
http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1714/embed_vid/1022/index.html

Jper
October 27th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Nah, there's no talking, again. So no speculation. :(

Anuna
October 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Heh, I still haven't gotten around to see the ep. Is it that bad as you guys say? I don't mind being spoiled.

3moodu
October 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Nah, there's no talking, again. So no speculation. :(

again? There's a similar clip out there like this one?

Coronach
October 28th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Heh, I still haven't gotten around to see the ep. Is it that bad as you guys say? I don't mind being spoiled.

Nah, see. It's not fair to say it's bad, given I need to see how TPTB handle what they've done now. If they can write this in an interesting way and make it all just make a bit more sense, then I'll be fine :P

I'll be a little upset if we're denied all the buildup and tension that truly successful show relationships have. We'll see what TPTB do. Maybe they don't even plan to leave these two together anyways :P

Jper
October 29th, 2009, 12:44 PM
again? There's a similar clip out there like this one?

Spoilers for 1.05 Light

I was referring to the hallway scene with Chloe and Matt in "Light". There was no audible talking there either.

The episode (Light) in its whole certainly is not bad, on the contrary.
However, it as a bit shocking to immediately see Matt/Chloe with little to none transition, and as it happens in the first four minutes.

squirrely1
October 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Hey guys!! I'm not sure I'm actively shipping these guys yet....I thought in Light....
that the sex scene was rushed up as well and it sort of fell flat because there was no adequate build up.

There is a Kino vid about that hallway scene as well.

Jper
October 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
There is a Kino vid about that hallway scene as well.

Really? Where? Is there another new Kino-webisode?

Eternal Density
October 29th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Really? Where? Is there another new Kino-webisode?
http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1714/embed_vid/1026/index.html
(for after you've seen it):
I love the part where image not available. :P

Jper
October 29th, 2009, 07:44 PM
http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1714/embed_vid/1026/index.html
(for after you've seen it):
I love the part where image not available. :P

Probably I'm just too tired but I don't get the joke.

3moodu
October 29th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Yea, I don't really get it either...

Spacemonkey_Jackson
October 30th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I just got it. It took me a while, but I got it. lol!

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
October 31st, 2009, 04:07 AM
greer means is that he's going to shove the kino down his throat if he gets caught using that thing to spy on the female crew.

3moodu
October 31st, 2009, 09:28 AM
Oh my goodness, I thought Eternal Density meant that the image was not available! Not that that's what they were referring to. ha

Eternal Density
November 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
Actually at the time I linked that the image wasn't available. Unfortunately they went and uploaded a new video and ruined my joke.

3moodu
November 3rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
SO I know I'm a little late with this... but what was with the suddenness in Light? Or the fact that Matt didn't even show remorse over her being dead, or that there wasn't a 'Hallelujah, no one's dead!' moment. and the next episode... they are making out in a hallway, and his radio's off... hmm

Coronach
November 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
SO I know I'm a little late with this... but what was with the suddenness in Light? Or the fact that Matt didn't even show remorse over her being dead, or that there wasn't a 'Hallelujah, no one's dead!' moment. and the next episode... they are making out in a hallway, and his radio's off... hmm

I have to say that it's being handled rather awkwardly right now. I mean, it would seem (from dialogue) that "Water" takes place several days (maybe even over a week?) after "Light", so it make sense we wouldn't have seen this stuff.

Still, I'm interested to see just where they stand with regards to each other and their relationship. We'll see...and I still think TPTB can pull this off depending on which of the many options they decide to choose.

3moodu
November 3rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
I have to say that it's being handled rather awkwardly right now. I mean, it would seem (from dialogue) that "Water" takes place several days (maybe even over a week?) after "Light", so it make sense we wouldn't have seen this stuff.

Still, I'm interested to see just where they stand with regards to each other and their relationship. We'll see...and I still think TPTB can pull this off depending on which of the many options they decide to choose.
awkward... that's a very good word for it.
Had they not said differently, I would have though Light took place days after darkness or something, since they had just met each other what, two, three days before. I know I previously said that everyone might be rushing into relationships because they realize their mortality but jeez... that was a little much.

Jper
November 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Not that I mind personally, but shouldn't you guys/girls be using spoiler tags when talking about current episodes? I think so.

Rachel-Kree
November 26th, 2009, 03:12 AM
hey everyone... i was cleaning some folders on my computer and decided to make an artwork with that pic of Scott and Chloe ... that pic is SO cute :)

snurchable of course ;)
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/1.png http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/2.png http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/3.png http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/4.png http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/5.png

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/6.png http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/7.png http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/8.png http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/9.png http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/rachelgrizott/Stargate/icons/Chloe%20and%20Scott/10.png

MSCA
December 3rd, 2009, 01:32 PM
A FanFiction.Net C2 can be found here (http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Matthew_Scott_Chloe_Armstrong/75076/).

MSCA
December 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
A FanFiction.Net C2 for this pairing can be found here (http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Matthew_Scott_Chloe_Armstrong/75076/).

MSCA
December 10th, 2009, 07:03 AM
A FanFiction.Net C2 for this pairing can be found here (http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Matthew_Scott_Chloe_Armstrong/75076/).

Submissions/Suggestions are always welcome! :)

poundpuppy29
December 17th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I like this couple too I am a multi shipper of Chloe is there a LJ community too

poundpuppy29
April 6th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Space was good for this ship I think you see how much Scott cares for Chloe

SupremeLegate
April 9th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Space was good for this ship I think you see how much Scott cares for Chloe

Makes me wonder how "Divided" is going to affect them.

Cold Fuzz
April 9th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Makes me wonder how "Divided" is going to affect them.

I get the feeling that Scott's not going to be so trusting of Chloe now and I wouldn't blame him if he really didn't trust her anymore. She did, after all, end up on the "insurrectionist" side of a mutiny. That's not a small thing. I certainly wouldn't trust her now. I'm certain we're going to see some kind of fallout from her choices in the next episodes. In the preview for next week, we certainly saw Scott and her at odds with each other on that planet.

Jper
April 10th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Also,

Divided:
it should be noted that Chloe doesn't want Matt to die, but she doesn't trust him either. Matt won't trust her now, but their relationship before wasn't built on trust either.

I must admit however that I'm a bit uncertain about what we'll happen next episode, as to, what will Scott think happened with Chloe. She was after all together with TJ in the holding cell. Great scene, btw. Or in general with why did Chloe join the civilian side? Because she is a civilian? Because of what Young did to Rush? Because of her renewed connection to Rush? etc.

P.S. CF, you probably need to use spoiler tags for all spoilers relating to current episodes. :)

poundpuppy29
April 13th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I thought the scenes from Divided are very interesting for this ship

poundpuppy29
April 21st, 2010, 01:30 PM
Faith was interesting for this ship I am curious how they will go on

The Swarm
April 23rd, 2010, 04:34 AM
They seem to have taked some time off eachother ... loosen some pressure, i dont think they will break up.

poundpuppy29
June 16th, 2010, 09:52 PM
What do you guys think of this ship I am curious because it doesn't seem to be catching on with the fandom

SupremeLegate
June 18th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Well personally I am against it, Chloe/Eli shipper here. But I get why they, at least what I think, they ended up in a relationship. But I think the speed at which their relationship started will have a negative affect on it. And while I do not support this ship, I am interested in seeing how it plays out.

poundpuppy29
July 31st, 2010, 07:53 PM
Well personally I am against it, Chloe/Eli shipper here. But I get why they, at least what I think, they ended up in a relationship. But I think the speed at which their relationship started will have a negative affect on it. And while I do not support this ship, I am interested in seeing how it plays out.
the reason I started this
I started a thread that is for discussion only of Chloe and Matt

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76264-Matthew-Scott-Chloe-Armstrong-Ship-Discussion-only

poundpuppy29
July 31st, 2010, 07:55 PM

I started a thread that is for discussion only of Chloe and Matt

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76264-Matthew-Scott-Chloe-Armstrong-Ship-Discussion-only

xXValaXx
August 4th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I think they make a really cute couple i did think he was only with her cos he sympathised with her about her dad and i hope that's not the case i do think they could be in it for the long haul :)

Icarium
August 31st, 2010, 03:54 AM
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Wallie/th_chloescott.jpg (http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Wallie/?action=view&current=chloescott.jpg)

poundpuppy29
September 22nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
I still like this ship too I think Matt really loves her

Pharaoh Atem
October 10th, 2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/uni_season2/202-Aftermath/screencaps/normal_sgu_202_1496.jpg

poundpuppy29
October 23rd, 2010, 11:30 AM
I am surprised there is not more action in this thread after the lastest ep from what I have heard it is not on hulu yet so I can't see it I am a Multi shipper of Chloe so I like this ship too

morbosfist
October 23rd, 2010, 11:53 AM
There isn't much new to introduce in this episode relationship-wise. Other than:
There's the fact that Scott admits he hasn't much experience in committed relationships, but that's about it.

The Swarm
October 26th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Doesnt he punch Col. Young in the face becouse of Chloe in a later episode? Or so it seemed in the promo... that has to provee that its not a superficial relationship.

Ruined_puzzle
October 27th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I love them. They started pretty fast but I think that worked for them because they are slowly building up actual feelings for each other.

Icarium
November 10th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Spoiler for Cloverdale

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Wallie/th_scottchloecopy.jpg (http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Wallie/?action=view&current=scottchloecopy.jpg)

Text by adamxbangx, found on PB. Thanks :)

scelby
November 16th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I have never doubted Matt's love for Chloe. He has proven over and over that he is willing to risk his life for her. I don't think that he is with her just for sex.

Cloverdale finally showed me that Chloe really loves Matt too. She was not going to leave him on that planet to die alone. I hope that future episodes will continue to show that their love is strong.

Icarium
November 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Wallie/th_scottchloe01.jpg (http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Wallie/?action=view&current=scottchloe01.jpg)

Egle01
November 26th, 2010, 12:06 PM
http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Wallie/?action=view&current=scottchloe01.jpgWow, I really like this one. Good job. :)

poundpuppy29
December 1st, 2010, 10:59 AM
I watched Pathogen and Cloverfield now I am sure of this ship Chloe cares for him as well I watch on Hulu which is a month behind :(

poundpuppy29
March 19th, 2011, 10:58 AM
started a new game
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ows-and-movies

KEK
June 22nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BbKlzcETZE

Platypus_Man
October 16th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I love these 2 together. I thought they had great on screen chemistry

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/5156671349_14bacbcb7f_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/5156651271_78a8a024ff_z.jpg