Never Ending Story (Remake) (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never Ending Story (Remake) (2011)

Yes, you heard me, the title is correct.

They are remaking the perennial children's classic, The Never Ending Story.

Apparently they will be making the entire book into 1 movie instead of splitting it into 2 movies.

any thoughts? Comments? concerns? Giddy Joy?

Ack. Is nothing sacred? Classic movies should not be touched. There is probably a weak argument that any movie that originated from a book is fair game for re-adaptation, although I personally don't subscribe to that if the movie's cultural significance is greater than the book's.

There is no way they can make a more charming Falkor the luckdragon than in the original movies.

Comment

Along with the remake of the film, I am looking for a producer for The Neverending Story on stage at Javits Convention Center in New York City. Both an opera and ballet score have been composed by Siegfried Matthus. Please refer to my website for more details by following the link below.

www.the-neverending-story.com

Comment

Wow...I managed to attract the producer of the stage version...

I now officially have some power in " showbusiness"

"Bitterman! Fetch my monocle, top hat, cape and cane!"

Comment

I loved the original film... it was magical...

But the second one was a bit... meh.
          "I wish... I wish you had a heart...!"
          sigpic

Comment

I really don't see a remake of these movies doing them justice.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I really don't see a remake of these movies doing them justice.
              Me neither. Not if they follow the current trend of remakes, anyway. There is potential for a great movie, what with the source material and new techniques and technology, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm betting they will use a lot of CGI. CGI may 'look better', but it loses the depth and charm of the puppets. They'd almost certainly make the dragon cgi.

Remakes seem to be pretty popular in Hollywood. Unfortunately, most of recent ones have been pretty poor. But, it's easier and cheaper to copy something successful than it is to come up with an original idea.

Comment

uuurrrrgggghhhh another childhood film of mine likely destroyed by a CGI rehash.

Hollywood only loves remakes/comic book adaptations because there's no-one over there with enough brains to come up with something original.

If it's going to be just one film then half the story will be cut too, I still have the Ivory Tower theme on my mp3 player, it was just an amazing piece of music.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                  Yes, you heard me, the title is correct.

They are remaking the perennial children's classic, The Never Ending Story.

Apparently they will be making the entire book into 1 movie instead of splitting it into 2 movies.

any thoughts? Comments? concerns? Giddy Joy?
                  /facepalm/ no. no no no no no
                  The franchise isn't NEAR old enough to even come to the middle of the remake queue.
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Its time to declare war on remakes!

Comment

think of it this way, hollywood has shown some really good chops lately-

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs has made some nice cash, where the wild things are looks like a masterpiece, and the rumors of a time bandits remake have me all a twitter.

Comment

one book is a good idea. I didn't like what they did in the original, the way they had to change it in order to split it into two movies - first it ruined the ending of the first movie, in order for it to be a good ending for a movie, glossed over a lot of the really good stuff of the second half of the book, and then ... well the travesty that is the second movie is enough explanation on its own

I'll just hope it'd be a proper production.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

So what I loved the movie as well, you'll know that because I found this page. Let it be re maid, It would be great for this next generation to experience it as well. We all still have the original we can watch. If it's such a big deal to you that it's being redone, Don't go and see it. This way if it turns out to be a fantastic film you wont ruin it for everyone else.

Comment

Never Ending Story remake? Sure, why not. It's been nearly 10 years I last saw the movies so I don't remember how crappy the visual effects look compared to modern 3D technology and stuff, but I just hope they don't ruin the story and focus only at making the visual effects as fancy as possible.
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved the original Neverending Story! I am going to be optimistic about this remake for now.
                              http://crazystuffofrandomness.tumblr.com/ My Tumblr page...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X