How many on destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many on destiny?

How many came through the gate and made it to destiny?

I'd say between seventy-thousand and eleventy-billion.

Oh, and Joseph Mallozzi and other PTB have said it was around 80
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

When Sam is talking to Jack she says 88 from the Icarus Base are MIA. Given that Senator Armstrong is dead I'd say 87
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        When Sam is talking to Jack she says 88 from the Icarus Base are MIA. Given that Senator Armstrong is dead I'd say 87
        Yeah, what Jel said
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Another one died soon after they came through so thats 86.

Comment

It might be a few under 87. A couple of others may have died without Carter knowing. For instance Dr.Simms (i think that was his name) could not be saved, and no one else may have known he died besides TJ and Young.

Regardless, that is a good amount of people. Enough to have some throw away characters, and then some used occasionally. It was weird seeing people that looked like senior citizens there. I wonder how much they will be shown.

Comment

88 MIA.

Doctor dead
              Senator dead

So max 86

Comment

Max 87 if they know about the Doctor, max 86 if they don't. Really though I'd put my money on min 79 since we know there are around 80 who evacuate to the Destiny and 1 on-ship death. Surely there were were more than max 1 unconfirmed deaths on the base? Seems reasonable.

Comment

Yes, but are they ALONE?

Lt. Mathew Scott was the first one through the gate and aboard the Destiny and he had air to breath, adequate air pressure and artificial gravity.

If the Destiny had no life aboard, why was life support turned on?
                  The ship would certainly have been programmed to be smarter than to run life support and A.G. for no reason.

The condition of the CO2 scrubbers suggested that life support had been running for quite a long time. Why?

Do the computer systems of the Destiny believe that someone or something in need of oxygen and gravity has been alive onboard for many years? If so, why? Malfunction or reality?
                  sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
                    Yes, but are they ALONE?

Lt. Mathew Scott was the first one through the gate and aboard the Destiny and he had air to breath, adequate air pressure and artificial gravity.

If the Destiny had no life aboard, why was life support turned on?
                    The ship would certainly have been programmed to be smarter than to run life support and A.G. for no reason.

The condition of the CO2 scrubbers suggested that life support had been running for quite a long time. Why?

Do the computer systems of the Destiny believe that someone or something in need of oxygen and gravity has been alive onboard for many years? If so, why? Malfunction or reality?
                    I wondered that too. I thought at first that maybe the computer was designed to automatically start up life support as soon as anything dialed into the destiny gate as from what we can tell the gate would have only been used to dial out as it would be seeding.
                    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post

maybe the ship was originally planned to be inhabited not long after launch, but other things came up. Also, if there are no beings on board, the Co2 scrubbers wouldn't be working very hard, which would mean the reason they are no longer working is due to age, not overuse.

Comment

Sam said 80 plus not 88.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                          Sam said 80 plus not 88.
                          Hmm 88 - good number
                          Last edited by techwork; 07 October 2009, 08:25 PM.
                          Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                          SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Splinter MM View Post
                            It might be a few under 87. A couple of others may have died without Carter knowing. For instance Dr.Simms (i think that was his name) could not be saved, and no one else may have known he died besides TJ and Young.

Regardless, that is a good amount of people. Enough to have some throw away characters, and then some used occasionally. It was weird seeing people that looked like senior citizens there. I wonder how much they will be shown.
                            Ahhhh so we've got some red-shirts...kewl

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Yeah what IS up with those senior citizens. What were they doing there?

Comment

Working...
                              X